Eli Manning

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=69683

kelbypayday

23-09-2007 17:47:22

Does any one here think that Eli gets more criticism than he deserved. I mean last week his offense scored 35, 13, and 24 points the past 3 weeks. He is putting the numbers up. The only reason he has the bad interceptions is because he has the whole team on his shoulders. He gets a lead and the defense loses it for him. He is always having to come from behind. That is when he makes mistakes because he has to win the game in a few plays. He has to take chances that he doesnt or shouldnt have to make. What do you guys think. I know he isnt the best QB but he is getting better. And def does not deserve most of the shit he gets.

guelah75

23-09-2007 18:53:55

over rated

manOFice

24-09-2007 07:36:59

He gets a lot of crap but I thought he would have been "better" already. But he's looking OK to me, I like him.

Edit He also doesn't show enough emotion for me...and he tries to force the ball in the air instead of taking a sack...which then leads to an interception...

kelbypayday

24-09-2007 12:54:59

I agree with him trying to force the ball. However his team always gets him in a position where he has to force the ball. Just like last night it was a 3rd and 2 situation. Pound the ball up the middle and there ya go easy first down. Problem is his lineman has a false start called against him and then its 3rd and 7. Now it is a passing situation where he needs to get a first down. He is just always forced to take the team on his shoulders.

And he does need to show more emotion. But maybe thats just part of being a Manning.

payton2kemp95

24-09-2007 18:30:19

he's a cutie. he looks so young, yet he is in the nfl playing quarterback!

GCY

24-09-2007 22:51:37

Hes playing in NY!
If u don't do well, the media's gonna rip u apart....in any sports in NY

kelbypayday

25-09-2007 11:30:59

[quote942867861c="GCY"]Hes playing in NY!
If u don't do well, the media's gonna rip u apart....in any sports in NY[/quote942867861c]

You are right about that. New Yorkers rip on everyone who isn't amazing. Tough town to play in.

jeagle82

25-09-2007 13:37:50

You know, I met the guy a year or so ago post-Katrina. My wife (then girlfriend) used to baby-sit for Cooper Manning (the older brother of Petyon and Eli) and we'd always get to see people like Archie and Olivia Manning, Eli, Peyton and his wife, etc...

He's shy-natured in general. In terms of showing no emotion on the field, that's just his personality. He's a very nice guy with a lot to offer to a conversation. Just really quiet most of the time. So, I don't think anyone should be allowed to hold it against him that he's emotionless on the field.

He has big shoes to fill, considering his father and his older brother, but I think he is doing a good job holding his own. Sometimes he gets overshadowed by Peyton, but he's a solid quarterback, and still pretty young. Look for him to get better and better over the next half decade.

kelbypayday

25-09-2007 20:19:33

[quote93fbece8b8="jeagle82"]You know, I met the guy a year or so ago post-Katrina. My wife (then girlfriend) used to baby-sit for Cooper Manning (the older brother of Petyon and Eli) and we'd always get to see people like Archie and Olivia Manning, Eli, Peyton and his wife, etc...

He's shy-natured in general. In terms of showing no emotion on the field, that's just his personality. He's a very nice guy with a lot to offer to a conversation. Just really quiet most of the time. So, I don't think anyone should be allowed to hold it against him that he's emotionless on the field.

He has big shoes to fill, considering his father and his older brother, but I think he is doing a good job holding his own. Sometimes he gets overshadowed by Peyton, but he's a solid quarterback, and still pretty young. Look for him to get better and better over the next half decade.[/quote93fbece8b8]

Well said. I completely agree. And that is pretty awesome that you have actually met the whole Manning family before. I am jealous haha.