I'm a freshman in college....and I hate it, need some help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68972

Quintox

02-09-2007 18:06:38

OK, I just have to tell it like it is right now, I don't care how stupid I sound.

I am a freshman in college, moved in on August 22 (a little over a week ago). It's a tiny college, really close to home (45min drive), and I like the campus.

I've been in classes for one week, I like my roomate and he introduced me to 2 of his friends whom I like as well. There are 2 guys on my hall as well that I like. The people here are nice, and supposedly (sp.) everyone here (who's been here) really loves it.

Now, my story I hate college. I don't know why, I feel like something is wrong with me. Nobody else seems homesick, others seem to like it, but I am having a horrible time adjusting. I'm extremely homesick, the first 2 days I was here I barely ate and I would randomly cry a bit (not sob).
I went home this weekend (we were playing my brothers college so I went home to watch the game and stayed 2 days since my roomie was going away as well).

I was glad, it was good to be home, etc etc. I didn't feel like I was dreading going back to my dorm until a few hours before I left. I am here now (dorm) and now I am more homesick than I was prior to going home. I figured this would happen and no, I don't plan on going home every weekend.

What the hell is wrong with me? I am very sad and I miss being home soo much. I don't know why. I loved high school and I'm jealous of my friends who are still home/in high school. I call home a lot which makes me feel better. I hate to say this and I haven't told my parents, but I really wish I would have gone to a branch campus for another school so I could commute.

I feel stupid, lonely, and like a total wimp. My parents and other sources tell me it's hard at first and it'll get better, which I suppose it will...but honestly it really, really feels like it won't. My parents know I am having a hard time and they are trying to help. My mom has told me other stories of coworker's kids who are in another school and the daughter called up her mom after a few days crying that she wanted to go home. In one of my classes we had to do an assignment/read it aloud and a girl's story was about being homesick ; she hated college, basically for all reasons I've listed here. (she cried in the middle of reading it). It makes me feel a little better to know that but not fully.

What do I do? Anyone have experience with this? And please keep the jokes minimal, though I know it's hard to.

guelah75

02-09-2007 18:13:55

stick it out, you will be MUCH better off with a degree

being homesick sucks, but whatever you do, dont quit

Powerbook

02-09-2007 18:15:15

My friend was exactly the same way. Keep in touch with your family and visit them a lot. After about a month or so you will get used to it. Funny thing is that I thought I was going to be like this. Turns out I actually love college. Don't worry you are not the only person that this is happening to. You can perhaps talk to an adviser at the college?

Quintox

02-09-2007 18:19:04

[quote408952c9b5="guelah75"]stick it out, you will be MUCH better off with a degree

being homesick sucks, but whatever you do, dont quit[/quote408952c9b5]

I'm not going to quit, right now I just hate it. I hope it will get better when semester ends. Like I said above, I really wish I would have gone to the state school's branch campus so I could commute home. I want to do this if I still don't like college in a few months, but at the same time, I don't b/c I want to like where I am now.

gmario

02-09-2007 18:27:01

The fun part is meeting the girls ) go out tonight.

TFOAF

02-09-2007 18:57:21

I feel I'm going to have the same problem. I move into my college tomorrow...even though it's about 20 minutes away from home. (

Quintox

02-09-2007 19:27:24

[quotefe363a527d="TFOAF"]I feel I'm going to have the same problem. I move into my college tomorrow...even though it's about 20 minutes away from home. ([/quotefe363a527d]

Wow, well hey, let me know how it goes. If you are having a hard time, think of me, you won't be alone )

And also, after a semester, if you are homesick, you can always just move back home and commute.

Didn't mean to scare you.

Killer722

02-09-2007 19:48:48

You may feel like that now, but once you build more friendships, college will start to feel like your new home, and when winter break comes you may just start to miss college.

TFOAF

02-09-2007 20:10:51

Yeah, It's going to be hard living in an itsy bitsy room with like nothing there. I'm going to miss my bed, my room, my shower, my stuff, my cat, my sister, my mom, my dad, afdjaosdfjaofijasodfjsdf. Gahh, I'm so nervous. (

JKirk

02-09-2007 20:53:14

[quote95cb7eacfc="TFOAF"]Yeah, It's going to be hard living in an itsy bitsy room with like nothing there. I'm going to miss my bed, my room, my shower, my stuff, my cat, my sister, my mom, my dad, afdjaosdfjaofijasodfjsdf. Gahh, I'm so nervous. ([/quote95cb7eacfc]

Yeah but in all seriousness, wasn't your mom's rein what you wanted to get away from just months/weeks ago?

I don't think being homesick is such a bad thing, you just have to ween yourself away from being home all the time. Just start going home less and less and eventually you'll only come home once in a blue moon and it won't bother you.

Braden

02-09-2007 21:10:55

You can always just quit and open a freebie site.

TFOAF

02-09-2007 21:21:07

[quote6b860e317e="Braden"]You can always just quit and open a freebie site.[/quote6b860e317e]
Genius idea. I'm gonna go call my college right now.

ilanbg

02-09-2007 21:31:02

Killer's got it figured out; it's too early to tell if you like it or not. Give it at least the first semester before you decide to hate it.

theysayjump

02-09-2007 21:38:44

I came here from Scotland when I was 21 not knowing anyone but my wife, and it took three deaths, an eviction, a move, the loss of a job, being robbed, unemployment and the near extinction of my family in an explosion for me to hate this place.

The hardest times in your life are sometimes the best because they make you a stronger and better person for getting through them and prepare you for the hard times that lay ahead.

Stick it through and you'll be glad you did.

JOSHBOX

02-09-2007 21:45:09

I can imagine how hard it is for you. Remember that it is okay to be sad, and even to cry. Make sure you take care of yourself, make sure you are eating and socializing. Dont suppress your emotions, but also dont let them control you. Keeping yourself active with friends and activities is the best way to take your mind off your anxiety and sadness.

goof

02-09-2007 22:07:52

It's my first few days in college, and it wasn't the best since i only know 1 person down here now, since my roomate went home for the weekend. I recommend just going to the common room and playing some pool/ping pong with some people and talking with them. Maybe grab a bite to eat or something. I think college is fine aslong as you have people that you know and what not.

tylerc

02-09-2007 22:24:25

I like the setup I have now because I'm with a new guy for a roommate, but I still have a lot of my good friends from high school here. I've met some new guys from all over the place (LA, Chicago, etc), and they're all really cool guys, but at the same time, I don't want to lose my high school friendships.

When my parents left I was actually pretty upset and crying a little bit, but I had my sob session, then got my mind off it by meeting up with some of my friends. Stay occupied and it will keep your mind off of everything.

guesswho

02-09-2007 22:40:33

Go out and have some fun. As the old saying goes "The World Is Your Oyster". Study hard and play hard. It's normal to be homesick. I joined the military right out of high school and was homesick, but once I was out of basic training I had a blast.

Being homesick means you have a good family life and a good relationship with your family and that's why you miss them and home so much. That's not a bad thing.

tjwor

02-09-2007 23:43:42

next weekend go out and party, evne ifn u don't drink, g o tio a party and meet some people, that'll be the wabest way to not feel homesick is meeting new people and findinrg more people u can hoang out with on a regualar basis, i went to college ready to start new things, mee tpeople, and get away from home and be on my own, u gotta go in ready to start new things or its not gonna be eany fon at all, just go out, and have a good time, once you meet new people you'll have a lot more fun... high school friends are people you remember forever, college firends are people you hang with forever...

J4320

02-09-2007 23:50:29

Take it from the drunk guy. ^ lol

Moving away from home is a HUGE lifestyle change. Feeling that way is normal. Hopefully (and I bet) you will adjust.

shortys408

03-09-2007 00:43:08

go greek

jonohull

03-09-2007 01:24:38

It was pretty bad for me for a while when I first went to school last year. I had just broken up with my girlfriend and I was lonely as hell. One thing that is almost guaranteed to cheer you up is getting mail. Not email, real physical mail. It could be cookies from mom, or just a letter from my grandpa (of which I kept all of them.) I'm sure there are some sort of clubs or groups that you have interest in, and it's obviously people with the same interests as you, so don't worry about people not liking you. When you find a set group of friends, it's like you have a second family.

TFOAF

03-09-2007 05:30:07

I'm leaving for college in an hour. I might not be on for a while. Wish me luck and pray I meet a nice girl. D

maksmom

03-09-2007 09:18:04

I know exactly how you feel! When I started college, I foolishly chose one literally on the other side of the world from my home...I went from Japan to Philadelphia. Not only was I so homesick I could barely function, but I also suffered the most intense culture shock being around "all these Americans". I was miserable, lonely and hated college soooo much! So, yeah, I truly do understand your feelings. It's normal and I bet there are a lot of others who feel like you, but are ashamed to admit it because it's not "cool" to hate college. It's a tough thing to get over, but hang in there, it really does get better after a month or two. And keep telling yourself "I could go home RIGHT NOW if I really wanted to", especially since it's true. You're only 45 minutes away...my husband used to commute that long for work everyday, so if you truly wanted to, you could go home for dinner once a week or stop by on a Saturday morning every once in a while, there's absolutely nothing stopping you. You could bring your new roommate or friends with you. Try to overlap your new life with your old life a bit. Knowing you could be back at your home within 45 minutes [i1f4cd46f35]whenever you want [/i1f4cd46f35]will give you the freedom to enjoy your new surroundings a bit more. Hang in there...Good Luck!

good2speed

03-09-2007 09:39:12

[quote7121b3e1dd="JOSHBOX"] Remember that it is okay to be sad, and even to cry. [/quote7121b3e1dd]

No its not.

[quote7121b3e1dd]Now, my story I hate college. I don't know why, I feel like something is wrong with me. Nobody else seems homesick, others seem to like it, but I am having a horrible time adjusting. I'm extremely homesick, the first 2 days I was here I barely ate and I would randomly cry a bit (not sob).
I went home this weekend (we were playing my brothers college so I went home to watch the game and stayed 2 days since my roomie was going away as well). [/quote7121b3e1dd]

Be a man and stop crying. College is fun go out and meet people. Stop being such a mommas boy and go live a little bit.

theysayjump

03-09-2007 09:48:41

[quote52e6a8a6c0="good2speed"][quote52e6a8a6c0="JOSHBOX"] Remember that it is okay to be sad, and even to cry. [/quote52e6a8a6c0]

No its not.

[quote52e6a8a6c0]Now, my story I hate college. I don't know why, I feel like something is wrong with me. Nobody else seems homesick, others seem to like it, but I am having a horrible time adjusting. I'm extremely homesick, the first 2 days I was here I barely ate and I would randomly cry a bit (not sob).
I went home this weekend (we were playing my brothers college so I went home to watch the game and stayed 2 days since my roomie was going away as well). [/quote52e6a8a6c0]

Be a man and stop crying. College is fun go out and meet people. Stop being such a mommas boy and go live a little bit.[/quote52e6a8a6c0]

Pay no mind to good2speed. He's a gayungsta and can't be seen agreeing with a crying man or he'll lose face to his homies.

Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either.

good2speed

03-09-2007 09:56:04

[quote00f1dae73f="theysayjump"][quote00f1dae73f="good2speed"][quote00f1dae73f="JOSHBOX"] Remember that it is okay to be sad, and even to cry. [/quote00f1dae73f]

No its not.

[quote00f1dae73f]Now, my story I hate college. I don't know why, I feel like something is wrong with me. Nobody else seems homesick, others seem to like it, but I am having a horrible time adjusting. I'm extremely homesick, the first 2 days I was here I barely ate and I would randomly cry a bit (not sob).
I went home this weekend (we were playing my brothers college so I went home to watch the game and stayed 2 days since my roomie was going away as well). [/quote00f1dae73f]

Be a man and stop crying. College is fun go out and meet people. Stop being such a mommas boy and go live a little bit.[/quote00f1dae73f]

Pay no mind to good2speed. He's a gayungsta and can't be seen agreeing with a crying man or he'll lose face to his homies.

Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either.[/quote00f1dae73f]

Whatever.. Let the kid cry and then everyone in the dorm will make fun of him. ok. I know if there was someone crying in my dorm he would be made fun of. I'd have a ball with the homesick college kid. Sending him bibs and pacifiers every morning.

Maybe the elder women(not college girls) like the emotional guy who can cry but I severely doubt an 18 year old college girl will ever give you any play if you are known as the crying homesick kid.

JOSHBOX

03-09-2007 10:00:32

It is ok to cry, but like I said, dont let sadness control you. Make sure you stay active. Finding things to do will easily distract you from the fact that you are away from home, sooner than you think, it wont even bother you.

manOFice

03-09-2007 10:03:36

[quote24af402235="shortys408"]go greek[/quote24af402235]

I agree 100% You will meet TONS of people have another family )

good2speed

03-09-2007 10:15:53

To all you pansies read this

http//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070902/ap_on_re_us/young_ivy_leaguer

[quote7a3994a77e]Brittney Exline is too young to vote, drive a car or go to an R-rated movie, but at the age of just 15 she is beginning her Ivy League career Wednesday when classes start at the University of Pennsylvania.[/quote7a3994a77e]

A 15 year old girl going to an Ivy league school is more of a man than you.

[quote7a3994a77e]"Her motivation, discipline and maturity provided clear evidence that, despite her age, she was ready to travel halfway across the country and thrive in Penn's rigorous academic environment," Eric Kaplan, interim dean of admissions, said in a statement.[/quote7a3994a77e]

you need to email this girl and ask her opinion on how you can man up.

manOFice

03-09-2007 10:18:05

Good2speed, as I saw this as an excellent flame post...

It just happens I guess that people are home sick... for me.. college was the best years of my life though.

justinag06

03-09-2007 10:20:38

[quote7517118b76="manOFice"][quote7517118b76="shortys408"]go greek[/quote7517118b76]

I agree 100% You will meet TONS of people have another family )[/quote7517118b76]

Yup you will never make a connection as close to the one as the friends you bought.

good2speed

03-09-2007 10:23:36

[quote57be3e58b6="justinag06"][quote57be3e58b6="manOFice"][quote57be3e58b6="shortys408"]go greek[/quote57be3e58b6]

I agree 100% You will meet TONS of people have another family )[/quote57be3e58b6]

Yup you will never make a connection as close to the one as the friends you bought.[/quote57be3e58b6]

lol. P P P

And as if they would even take in a crying mommas boy into a frat. Most of the frats I know like having college and sorority girls around their parties. This crying stuff is sure to push the women away.

JUNIOR6886

03-09-2007 11:00:27

I honestly thought the OP was a girl at first from the tone of his post. ?
I really wish i could live on campus and have the real college experience but since i only live 10 miles away from the campus and it costs a shitload more than i can afford to live on campus i have to commute.
Man up and open your eyes to the oppurtinity right in front of you.

shortys408

03-09-2007 11:10:30

its not buyng friends. the money you pay goes towards events that you participate in.

manOFice

03-09-2007 11:50:29

[quotea10eb6c4c0="shortys408"]its not buyng friends. the money you pay goes towards events that you participate in.[/quotea10eb6c4c0]

Exactly, it funds functions you do etc.

zdub08

03-09-2007 12:02:10

I was reading a college tips thing from digg, and it says

[quote017b5d84fa]21. The popular group from high school made it into college too. They're called fraternities and sororities.

21. Avoid frat guys and sorostitutes like the plague.[/quote017b5d84fa]

http//www.thisisby.us/index.php/content/useful_things_college_taught_me

tylerc

03-09-2007 12:53:08

I guess if one person wrote it on the internet, it must be true.

zdub08

03-09-2007 14:46:31

your comments are annoying as fuck. go away.

I was just giving another point of view. a few posts make it seem like fraternities are a great way for anyone to immediately make a million friends and enjoy college. most people I've talked to don't share that opinion. they're definitely not for everyone.

TFOAF

03-09-2007 15:04:33

I'm in. It's awesome. The room is awesome, omg. D My roomates are cool too. D

KnightTrader

03-09-2007 15:16:47

Commute then. 45 Mins isn't terrible. Plus, you could take the train if its within public transportation.

tylerc

03-09-2007 19:53:50

[quote564e563a83="zdub08"]your comments are annoying as fuck. go away.

I was just giving another point of view. a few posts make it seem like fraternities are a great way for anyone to immediately make a million friends and enjoy college. most people I've talked to don't share that opinion. they're definitely not for everyone.[/quote564e563a83]

Easy hoss. I know they aren't for everyone, but withhold judgment until you experience it yourself.

theysayjump

03-09-2007 20:13:23

[quote429655540d="good2speed"][quote429655540d="theysayjump"][quote429655540d="good2speed"][quote429655540d="JOSHBOX"] Remember that it is okay to be sad, and even to cry. [/quote429655540d]

No its not.

[quote429655540d]Now, my story I hate college. I don't know why, I feel like something is wrong with me. Nobody else seems homesick, others seem to like it, but I am having a horrible time adjusting. I'm extremely homesick, the first 2 days I was here I barely ate and I would randomly cry a bit (not sob).
I went home this weekend (we were playing my brothers college so I went home to watch the game and stayed 2 days since my roomie was going away as well). [/quote429655540d]

Be a man and stop crying. College is fun go out and meet people. Stop being such a mommas boy and go live a little bit.[/quote429655540d]

Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either.[/quote429655540d]

Whatever.. Let the kid cry and then everyone in the dorm will make fun of him. ok. I know if there was someone crying in my dorm he would be made fun of. I'd have a ball with the homesick college kid. Sending him bibs and pacifiers every morning.

Maybe the elder women(not college girls) like the emotional guy who can cry but I severely doubt an 18 year old college girl will ever give you any play if you are known as the crying homesick kid.[/quote429655540d]

Just because you're a dick and laugh at males who cry, doesn't mean everyone else is like that.

Instead of making someones life harder by making them feel like shit for crying, how about trying to make them feel better, or do you not give a shit about how you treat/treated other people?

I cry, so what? Does that mean I couldn't kick your arse?

Killer722

03-09-2007 20:20:50

Careful TSJ, he'll cap you with his nine.

CollidgeGraduit

03-09-2007 20:23:24

Ya rly, he's an e-badass

JKirk

03-09-2007 20:27:55

[quote14c52ed9ca="CollidgeGraduit"]Ya rly, he's an e-badass[/quote14c52ed9ca]

Actually, that's TTGP.

zdub08

03-09-2007 20:30:26

that's me too

Killer722

03-09-2007 20:30:56

[quote0f8ba9eab6="JKirk"][quote0f8ba9eab6="CollidgeGraduit"]Ya rly, he's an e-badass[/quote0f8ba9eab6]

Actually, that's TTGP.[/quote0f8ba9eab6]

TTGP is a poser.

ilanbg

03-09-2007 21:59:51

TSJ, you just don't understand [ie908293772]real[/ie908293772] men.

Males bond by being cruel to each other. Stop interfering with good2speed's social advances towards Quintox.

manOFice

04-09-2007 04:56:03

[quote2b14b34fa3="JKirk"][quote2b14b34fa3="CollidgeGraduit"]Ya rly, he's an e-badass[/quote2b14b34fa3]

Actually, that's TTGP.[/quote2b14b34fa3]

He's gone a little soft.....

Admin

04-09-2007 09:17:15

[quote1ca0e2ec50="Killer722"]TTGP is a poser.[/quote1ca0e2ec50]

i just want to clarify

are you so butthurt over just this[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=722725#722725]this or is there something else to it?

Powerbook

04-09-2007 11:49:52

back on topic i guess... college can be difficult for some people. there has to be an adviser or someone that can help you deal with these problems. i thought i would have a hard time adjusting, but fortunately i love college life. i go to a big time tech school, so i figured there wouldn't be many good looking girls because of the male to female ratio. turns out that there is a college near by that is 100% female. i did find a lot of nice girls on campus though. ) i hope that eventually you will enjoy college too. how about finding friends or activities that interest you?

manOFice

04-09-2007 11:53:09

[quoteb6d18cf979="Powerbook"]back on topic i guess... college can be difficult for some people. there has to be an adviser or someone that can help you deal with these problems. i thought i would have a hard time adjusting, but fortunately i love college life. i go to a big time tech school, so i figured there wouldn't be many good looking girls because of the male to female ratio. turns out that there is a college near by that is 100% female. i did find a lot of nice girls on campus though. ) i hope that eventually you will enjoy college too. how about finding friends or activities that interest you?[/quoteb6d18cf979]

Yeah theres TONS of clubs, basically a club for anything and everything at college. Join up! Don't stay in the dorms, don't know if you party at all? If so ... hit up some parties! I made a majority of my friends at parties... when you're drinking you tend to be more social. But if partyin isn't your thing, then clubs would be a good way to go. Plus I had certain people that were in almost all my same classes, get to know them as well.

TryinToGetPaid

04-09-2007 11:55:18

Wait, he called me a e-thug poser - yet I managed to hurt his feelings over the internets, which is what an e-thug does.

Hmph...

Killer722

04-09-2007 12:26:50

lol My butt doesn't hurt and I'm a real e-thug cause I don't have feelings bitches.

hehehhehe

04-09-2007 13:56:00

You're going to have to move out of your house sooner or later, unless you want to be living with your mom when you're in your 30's. Given that you're having such a hard time at it now, this is obviously a huge obstacle in your life so you mind as well try your best to get through it. You'll be glad you did. Otherwise, you'll pussy out everytime life gets hard on you instead of taking these kinds of things on as tests you have to get through to become a man.

Just keep going home on the weekends until you can get by without doing so anymore. If you're hanging around the dorms being depressed, you won't have much fun as people won't want to be around you either so at least make an effort to have fun.

If you really can't handle it, maybe it's xanax time (as much as I hate to say it).

TryinToGetPaid

04-09-2007 14:15:08

Xanaxli

tracemhunter

04-09-2007 20:22:48

I can tell you right now that commuting is a horrible idea. I did that with CC before I transferred and met practically nobody because everybody goes to class then goes home. As soon as I transferred and moved onto campus for a year I made tons of friends.

Keep yourself busy enough to not think about home and eventually you won't think about it.

Quintox

04-09-2007 21:03:14

I'm sure that's true trace, I just don't like the whole dorm life thing. (I have comm. bathrooms) Everything is a pain to do, showering, brushing teeth, bathroom, having a roomate awake while I'm trying to sleep, not eating breakfast (or at least not a lot), etc etc.

All that stuff is so nice/easy at home. I mean all I can do is see how it is in a few months, hopefully I will enjoy it more.

Oh, and to clarify, I wouldn't commute to my current school. I'd transfer to a branch campus of a big college and go there. Only like 15% of students live on campus on that school/branch, so almost everyone commutes. Not sure if that's good or bad for meeting people. right now I live 45 minutes away from my college, and if I was to transfer to the branch school I'd be 25 minutes.

Jeremiah1218

04-09-2007 21:54:29

[quote0d12861747="CollidgeGraduit"]Ya rly, he's an e-badass[/quote0d12861747]
No, actually good2speed is a fucking idiot...you are not a gangster, you are not tough, and you probably have cried numerous times in your life regardless of how old you are. If you really are a gangster and a "street pharmacist extraordinare" like it says in your profile...what the fuck are you doing on some freebie forums? Don't you got some corners to hold down, some coke to cook up, people to shoot or something? Honestly, find something better to do with your life than make other people feel worse about something. I also suppose that in all your time spent bangin, you have somehow made time to have over 1800 posts on this forum and have built up a decent TR...how likely. I think the mods should change his title from "Wanna-Be-Moderator" to "Wanna-Be-Wankster" that should fit you appropriately.

ilanbg

04-09-2007 22:00:10

[i3182a8a833]Stop caring about petty shit on the internet.[/i3182a8a833] It's derailing the thread.

Seriously, stop it.

Jeremiah1218

04-09-2007 22:03:24

I don't know who that was directed to, but I think if anything the petty shit is someone actually flaming the guy that made this post because he is homesick and trying to adjust to college. Me on the other hand I am just trying to point out some facts.

good2speed

05-09-2007 00:12:30

[quote2cc1a8d25d="Jeremiah1218"]
No, actually good2speed is a fucking idiot...[/quote2cc1a8d25d]

thx for the kind words jerimiah.

you are not a gangster[/quote2cc1a8d25d]

when did I say I was. Please elaborate how you came to the conclusion I was a gangsta.

[quote2cc1a8d25d="Jeremiah1218"]you are not tough[/quote2cc1a8d25d]

pretty bold statement since you haven't met me.

and you probably have cried numerous times in your life regardless of how old you are. [/quote2cc1a8d25d]

no actually I'm pretty numb when it comes to feelings. Upset, angry and disspointed but never a weeper.

[quote2cc1a8d25d="Jeremiah1218"]If you really are a gangster[/quote2cc1a8d25d]

again where did you assume I was a gangster?

[quote2cc1a8d25d="Jeremiah1218"] "street pharmacist extraordinare" like it says in your profile[/quote2cc1a8d25d]

you think if that was my actual occupation I would brag about it on an online forum? how stupid do you have to be?

[quote2cc1a8d25d="Jeremiah1218"]Don't you got some corners to hold down, some coke to cook up, people to shoot or something?[/quote2cc1a8d25d]

thats another bold statement. Just because i don't cry doesn't mean I'm a felon.

ilanbg

05-09-2007 05:21:09

Oh my god, both of you stop posting in this thread. [iec2df33e31]Stop.[/iec2df33e31]

JOSHBOX

05-09-2007 08:00:46

[quote4ba9145a1e]no actually I'm pretty numb when it comes to feelings. Upset, angry and disspointed but never a weeper. [/quote4ba9145a1e]

I feel sorry for you Good2speed. Being angry and crying are the same emotion, it just takes a stronger person to be able to cry. But its fine if that is who you are, just stop mocking other people for being who they are.

Powerbook

05-09-2007 08:05:49

um this is carrying on a bit too far. this thread was actually useful for a while. no one should be making fun of someone that is emotional. for all you know you may have a situation that will cause you to cry. i do not buy the idea that a person is so strong they will never cry. there will be a situation where you will get very emotional.

CollidgeGraduit

05-09-2007 08:09:29

I'm sure Good2speed will be glad to reply in 7 days, when he gets back

TFOAF

05-09-2007 09:18:24

College lyfe is teh pwn. I had my first class today. D

manOFice

05-09-2007 09:56:48

[quote273d9afec4="TFOAF"]College lyfe is teh pwn. I had my first class today. D[/quote273d9afec4]

We tried to tell ya ;)

College is also way more fun if you're talking classes you're truly interested in.

tjwor

05-09-2007 10:14:01

[quotec24a06887c="Powerbook"]um this is carrying on a bit too far. this thread was actually useful for a while. no one should be making fun of someone that is emotional. for all you know you may have a situation that will cause you to cry. i do not buy the idea that a person is so strong they will never cry. there will be a situation where you will get very emotional.[/quotec24a06887c]

excecpt chuck norris...

but on topic, you'll be fine if you stick in there and go out and meet people. You will never have a good time in college or get over being away if all you do is sit in your room. Go to the game room, talk to people in classes, and go out and have fun!

Jeremiah1218

05-09-2007 12:32:45

To JOSHBOX Your avatar is funny as hell, I like how the cat pops up outta the corner lol.

To Quintox Just stick with it man, I don't go to college myself right now but almost everyone I have ever talked to said it is/was a blast. Supposedly some of the best times you will ever have. I know what you're sayin about the whole dorm thing, I personally wouldn't wanna share a small ass room with another guy and have no privacy ever and then have to share bathrooms and all that, that would suck. You could always just deal with it this year and then maybe find someone next year to rent an apartment or house with so then you will have more personal space to yourself and be able to have your own room/bathroom/shower and everything. I hope everything works out for you though and you start to enjoy yourself. The parties are a blast btw, definately check those out if you're into that.

ilikesmemymoney

09-09-2007 17:52:09

over time, you start getting more into the swing of things in college, you start calling less and being more preoccupied with stuff going on around you, especially if it has only been a few weeks, id say in about a month or two you should start really coming around. yeah its definitely hard for some to adjust to everything at first, especially if you are really close to your family and friends back home, my best advice would be to just dive into ur school work to get ur mind of off things, thats the ultimate point of college right?... to study in your chosen field

Quintox

09-09-2007 19:21:41

I really enjoy going home on the weekends, which is what I did once again this weekend (stayed most of Saturday here though, then went home). It makes me feel better knowing I can go home and relax on the weekend and I enjoy the week better.

I think I'll just go home on the weekends until I get to like college more, then I'm sure I will be going less and less.

tylerc

09-09-2007 21:17:15

Going home on the weekends won't help you like college more. That logic is counterproductive.

d11m

09-09-2007 21:27:03

Try recreational medicines )
That's always a good topic starter

Buchanio

10-09-2007 13:12:34

I went through 2 weeks of preliminary school called MAPS to prepare me for the rigorous math courses at my school, then 2 weeks of bootcamp, and now four more years of regimental lifestyle. In case you didn't catch on, I go to a small military school called Massachusetts Maritime Academy. I have inspection in the morning at 640 for my room and cleaning stations in which I clean shit stained toilets. I then miss breakfast and hardly have time for lunch between my academic and regimental responsibilities. I have to run to class, salute seniors with rank of 2 bars and up, and get made fun of by upperclassmen. I put up with shit knowing that in four years I will be making close to $95,000 a year (starting median salary for an MMA graduate in my major) while my friends who went to bigtime universities and acclaimed schools will struggle to find jobs in the real world. If your college experience seems shitty, think of me and all the stuff I've had to go through.

tylerc

10-09-2007 14:45:24

Yeah, except Kelley students don't struggle to find jobs, their job placement is 95-100%. I think you mean students at big universities that major in unpractical things, ie history and culture of pottery.

manOFice

10-09-2007 14:50:10

[quotee04baee74a="tylerc"]Yeah, except Kelley students don't struggle to find jobs, their job placement is 95-100%. I think you mean students at big universities that major in unpractical things, ie history and [be04baee74a]culture of pottery[/be04baee74a].[/quotee04baee74a]

dude... don't mock my major...

tylerc

10-09-2007 17:55:55

[quote2c7fa80b76="manOFice"][quote2c7fa80b76="tylerc"]Yeah, except Kelley students don't struggle to find jobs, their job placement is 95-100%. I think you mean students at big universities that major in unpractical things, ie history and [b2c7fa80b76]culture of pottery[/b2c7fa80b76].[/quote2c7fa80b76]

dude... don't mock my major...[/quote2c7fa80b76]

oops

manOFice

10-09-2007 18:49:54

[quote6a64c294f1="tylerc"][quote6a64c294f1="manOFice"][quote6a64c294f1="tylerc"]Yeah, except Kelley students don't struggle to find jobs, their job placement is 95-100%. I think you mean students at big universities that major in unpractical things, ie history and [b6a64c294f1]culture of pottery[/b6a64c294f1].[/quote6a64c294f1]

dude... don't mock my major...[/quote6a64c294f1]

oops[/quote6a64c294f1]

8) 8) 8)

nylivinglarge

10-09-2007 20:05:59

I'm going to college soon too. All the way in Massachusetts. Hang in there! Try joining clubs and talk about your homesickness with other people. You'd be surprise how many people feel the same way. Good Luck. Stay True. Peace.

J4320

10-09-2007 21:19:09

[quote3d5479f662="manOFice"][quote3d5479f662="tylerc"][quote3d5479f662="manOFice"][quote3d5479f662="tylerc"]Yeah, except Kelley students don't struggle to find jobs, their job placement is 95-100%. I think you mean students at big universities that major in unpractical things, ie history and [b3d5479f662]culture of pottery[/b3d5479f662].[/quote3d5479f662]

dude... don't mock my major...[/quote3d5479f662]

oops[/quote3d5479f662]

8) 8) 8)[/quote3d5479f662]

So you're really serious?

Vector

14-09-2007 10:40:13

I dont know about you guys but im in my fourth week of my freshman year of college and I love it so much I dont want to go back (to stay) I call my dorm home now and there is not enough hours in the day!

manOFice

14-09-2007 10:49:22

[quote134228f1c1="J4320"][quote134228f1c1="manOFice"][quote134228f1c1="tylerc"][quote134228f1c1="manOFice"][quote134228f1c1="tylerc"]Yeah, except Kelley students don't struggle to find jobs, their job placement is 95-100%. I think you mean students at big universities that major in unpractical things, ie history and [b134228f1c1]culture of pottery[/b134228f1c1].[/quote134228f1c1]

dude... don't mock my major...[/quote134228f1c1]

oops[/quote134228f1c1]

8) 8) 8)[/quote134228f1c1]

So you're really serious?[/quote134228f1c1]

yep roll

Twon

14-09-2007 10:52:42

I hated my first year of University so much that I quit. Now I wish I hadn't. I was homesick too. I ended up going back to college a couple of time. But I really wish i had finished my degree.

Quintox

15-09-2007 08:25:46

School is going a little better now, so it ain't so bad, though it's not still awesome, it is more bearable )

bballp6699

15-09-2007 09:09:30

I don't know if this was said or not, as I lost interest when good2speed decided to put his two cents in, but why don't you just finish up this semester and go to community college for a year and a half? By then you should be ready to leave.

Vector

15-09-2007 14:30:02

going greek is buying friends? or getting fucked up everything? howabout buying punani?

we have had some exchanges and they are pretty damn fun, especially since im in one of the top party schools in the country..

oh well i could see how buying friends is joining a fratnerity, that makes sense to me but thats not what made me join.

tylerc

15-09-2007 15:01:35

[quote1fe3d3f34a="Vector"]going greek is buying friends? or getting fucked up everything? howabout buying punani?

we have had some exchanges and they are pretty damn fun, especially since im in one of the top party schools in the country..

oh well i could see how buying friends is joining a fratnerity, that makes sense to me but thats not what made me join.[/quote1fe3d3f34a]

What school do you go to/what frat are you in?

tjwor

15-09-2007 16:13:36

is it just me or does everyone claim that their school is one of the top party schools in the country?

d11m

15-09-2007 16:41:39

Probably never been to a party outside of college. D

tylerc

16-09-2007 13:12:16

[quote589b75b670="tjwor"]is it just me or does everyone claim that their school is one of the top party schools in the country?[/quote589b75b670]

It's true, but IU actually is.

ilanbg

16-09-2007 15:51:40

[quote2bc6c83a66="tjwor"]is it just me or does everyone claim that their school is one of the top party schools in the country?[/quote2bc6c83a66]

Nope. The parties at my college fucking suck.