Going to Orlando!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68155

samz465

14-08-2007 11:08:14

Hey guys. So I'm going to Orlando with my family for a week and am very excited. Total is 6 adults and 3 kids. We're going to be staying at a Residence Inn by Marriot right on international drive, it seemed to have gotten great reviews, and we're renting two cars.
We plan on going to Universal Studios and Islands of adventure for four days, two of which we bought the speed passes for. We're going to Disney for one day, and Seaworld for one day.

The day we get there we're getting the hotel and cars and shopping done, and we're also going jet skiing that day too!

So basically, I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips for there and stuff.
We already bought the universal, Seaworld, and plane tickets, but are there any Disney deals going on?
Also, what stuff should we bring etc?

Help is appreciated guys!
Thanks!!

manOFice

14-08-2007 11:24:38

Disney and Busch Gardens, Beachers

samz465

14-08-2007 11:29:23

Oh I forgot to mention; We're going from the 29th to the 5th. Both AM flights.

luckypenney

14-08-2007 12:03:49

Well, Busch Gardens is over in Tampa, a little ways west.

I spent some time there and while I'm not the type to go on rides and such, I found it kind of fun to go to downtown Disney where are the shops are. They have many specialty stores and such. My stepmother went a few weeks ago and found a betty boop store, she just loves betty boop. There are lots of other things too....

shortys408

14-08-2007 13:54:07

im movin back up to orlando on thursday )

hairyferry

15-08-2007 06:32:22

Not sure if you got your rental car yet but there is a person on Ebay that sells Budget Rental car free weeks. For dirt cheap, I was just in Orlando/Tampa this past week and paid $300 for the Hummer H3, unlimited miles. It was awesome. If you're over 21 check out pleasure island. It's pretty nice. Also, I'd check out Crystal River. It's about an hour and a half from Orlando. Tons of Manatees, snorkeling, and boat rentals. If you head down to one end of the river it's salt water and there are a ton of Dolphins and the other end it's fresh water which is where the manatees are. I would reccommend that because it was awesome and we had so much fun! If you want more details pm me.

Also,
There are timeshare tours your parents can take. It takes about an hour and you get a free breakfast. They'll give you I believe 3 free disney tickets for taking the tour. They're either free or like 15 bucks each other something like that. They have these booths everywhere that says ticket info, or get your disney tickets here. That's where you sign up for the timeshare tours. I would do it, you get a free breakfast and free tickets and you don't have to buy anything.

samz465

15-08-2007 08:43:53

[quote9e79981127="hairyferry"]Not sure if you got your rental car yet but there is a person on Ebay that sells Budget Rental car free weeks. For dirt cheap, I was just in Orlando/Tampa this past week and paid $300 for the Hummer H3, unlimited miles. It was awesome. If you're over 21 check out pleasure island. It's pretty nice. Also, I'd check out Crystal River. It's about an hour and a half from Orlando. Tons of Manatees, snorkeling, and boat rentals. If you head down to one end of the river it's salt water and there are a ton of Dolphins and the other end it's fresh water which is where the manatees are. I would recommend that because it was awesome and we had so much fun! If you want more details pm me.

Also,
There are timeshare tours your parents can take. It takes about an hour and you get a free breakfast. They'll give you I believe 3 free disney tickets for taking the tour. They're either free or like 15 bucks each other something like that. [b9e79981127] They have these booths everywhere that says ticket info, or get your disney tickets here.[/b9e79981127] That's where you sign up for the timeshare tours. I would do it, you get a free breakfast and free tickets and you don't have to buy anything.[/quote9e79981127]
When you say they have booths everywhere for the timeshare tours, where exactly are they?
Pm'ing you

hairyferry

15-08-2007 08:51:40

There are a few on INternational Drive. The one I went to is right next to this huge building that has these huge statues of athletes in the front. But these little info booths are everywhere. Wherever there are tourists shops you'll find the little booths.

tjwor

16-08-2007 12:54:29

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59455&highlight=orlando

Bryan R

16-08-2007 20:37:59

We went to Disney World, Sea World, Epcot, Busch Gardens and Animal Kingdom last January for 6 days. It was a BLAST! 4 adults 3 kids. I would love to go back. The Residence Inn looks very nice from the outside, I have not been to that one but have been to others. HAVE FUN!

Bryan R