Drop shipping.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67922

ilanbg

08-08-2007 13:56:27

I'm interested in becoming a drop-shipper but unfortunately I don't know where to start. I recall coming across a website that explained the process and offered product pamphlets, but I can't find it now.

So, I was wondering if anyone could lead me in the right direction. Any sort of info to begin with would be appreciated, and once I know more about the process I'll be able to ask more specific questions.

Thanks to all responses.

jdizzle314

08-08-2007 14:56:00

Not really worth it..if your selling it on stuff like ebay...because after ebay and paypal take the fee's it very little profit and then you got to also look at the fact there are many other dropshipper like yourself its and race to the bottom if that makes sense which means people are going to be offering prices that are cheap for a expensive item unless it things like ipods and such then it may work

cwncool

08-08-2007 16:24:04

(Coming from someone who has had experience in wholesale purchasing and dropshipping me),

Warning most dropshippers that charge you a 'membership' fee or any fees besides just a few bucks each order for dropshipping is probably either a) not legit, b) going to have mediocre products or, (the most common) c) pretty much going to be giving you resale rates for the dropshipping.

I personally believe if you plan on resale, just save some more money up and purchase a reasonable order for whatever product(s) you are interested in selling.

That's my opinion, and I have done wholesale purchasing from manufacturers in the past.

cubbieco

08-08-2007 21:49:39

If you want to do it right you need to find a company local to you and become a reseller for them. There is a local music importer that I worked for in the past that had 1 person as their "ebay" person who was allowed to sell on ebay. This way you will have unique products at good prices.

The online drop ship companies are already flooded with people doing them.

Darkside

11-08-2007 16:52:55

I have no advice to offer but I believe he is interested in buying crap at wholes sale and charging people to drop ship, not an being an ebay seller.

ilanbg

11-08-2007 18:15:40

Thanks for the information, y'all.

I didn't have a specific operation in mind regarding the drop-shipping, but from what I can read it appears the market is too saturated for any worthwhile profit, correct? I suppose that's understandable, considering the convenience of it all.

Sweeney2066

12-08-2007 00:58:15

[quote9d0a974e0f="ilanbg"]Thanks for the information, y'all.

I didn't have a specific operation in mind regarding the drop-shipping, but from what I can read it appears the market is too saturated for any worthwhile profit, correct? I suppose that's understandable, considering the convenience of it all.[/quote9d0a974e0f]

Way too saturated I believe.
But really shipping can be unbelievable easy with the way things are now a days. If you set it up right they will pick up from your house..next to no work on your part.

doylnea

12-08-2007 08:13:57

[quote3d0fe9c007="Sweeney2066"][quote3d0fe9c007="ilanbg"]Thanks for the information, y'all.

I didn't have a specific operation in mind regarding the drop-shipping, but from what I can read it appears the market is too saturated for any worthwhile profit, correct? I suppose that's understandable, considering the convenience of it all.[/quote3d0fe9c007]

But really shipping can be unbelievable easy with the way things are now a days. If you set it up right they will pick up from your house..next to no work on your part.[/quote3d0fe9c007]

You're not talking about drop-shipping if you want them to pick it up from your house. The point of drop-shipping is that you don't have the merchandise at your house, and thus the cost of the inventory. Instead, someone else warehouses the merchandise, owns it, and ships it for you - you simply find the customers, secure their payment, and tell the drop-shipper where to send the goods.

Sweeney2066

12-08-2007 12:05:03

[quote62996e719b="doylnea"][quote62996e719b="Sweeney2066"][quote62996e719b="ilanbg"]Thanks for the information, y'all.

I didn't have a specific operation in mind regarding the drop-shipping, but from what I can read it appears the market is too saturated for any worthwhile profit, correct? I suppose that's understandable, considering the convenience of it all.[/quote62996e719b]

But really shipping can be unbelievable easy with the way things are now a days. If you set it up right they will pick up from your house..next to no work on your part.[/quote62996e719b]

You're not talking about drop-shipping if you want them to pick it up from your house. The point of drop-shipping is that you don't have the merchandise at your house, and thus the cost of the inventory. Instead, someone else warehouses the merchandise, owns it, and ships it for you - you simply find the customers, secure their payment, and tell the drop-shipper where to send the goods.[/quote62996e719b]

I know.. I'm talking about normal shipping.. lol

wowzer7654

12-08-2007 20:04:06

No I've done dropshipping before but it was a couple years ago so I don't remember the sites... and you can make a good profit as long as it's not a real small item....

LLee93

13-08-2007 20:54:07

Checkout doba.com. I was thinking of starting my own online business, & I was told to only deal with dropshippers that required a tax ID #. They are the legit ones. It seems to me that it would work if you were selling a specific product on your own site. I.e. a sports memorabilia store. I backed away because of the potential customer service issues. This freebie thing would be good if not for the dang scammers.

jdizzle314

13-08-2007 23:21:58

Ok look its only profitable if you are one of the few sellers doing it...If you have 10000 of people selling the same item of course peolpe are going to lower prices to make it seem there going to buy from them.