newbies trading with each other

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67342

Elsie82271

27-07-2007 16:45:18

How is anyone supposed to get TR on here if no credit is awarded if both partners have a TR less than 4 but the newbies outnumber the vets 10 to 1? I searched the users pages and the first 9 pages are nothing but newbies, with an occasional owner or moderator thrown in.....

I guess I'm a little confused as to how this rule benefits anyone at this point.

gmario

27-07-2007 16:47:17

Your like more likely to get scammed.

DIABLO

27-07-2007 16:47:56

It keeps newbies from making 2 accounts and getting their TR up fast, and also from a newb telling their friends to sign up and do a fake trade.

You'll just have to trade with me shrug

dmorris68

27-07-2007 16:50:53

As has been explained numerous times, the rule is there for your protection. Newbies trading with newbies is the quickest way to get ripped off, either by intention or by ignorance. A large percentage of new folks get in over their heads or don't understand how to do things properly, which results in them going red and running off.

You don't have to like the rule, but like most rules it's there for your own good. We don't have the time or the patience to chase down non-paying, non-greening, red-going newbs by the dozens. It isn't that hard to get 4TR.

CollidgeGraduit

27-07-2007 16:59:47

We should add a search function to the FIPG forums, so people can find previous discussions

Bryan R

27-07-2007 17:06:17

I do not understand WHY or HOW can anyone with less than a TR of 4 or have been on here for a month or less can say that they are not a newbie and are willing to help newbie. HA! I would not look to trade with these types.

Bryan R

dmorris68

27-07-2007 17:16:38

[quote47d4860333="CollidgeGraduit"]We should add a search function to the FIPG forums, so people can find previous discussions[/quote47d4860333]
Why, that's a GREAT IDEA!

I'll get right on it...

dmorris68

27-07-2007 17:17:01

[quoteb4b1a9cac1="dmorris68"][quoteb4b1a9cac1="CollidgeGraduit"]We should add a search function to the FIPG forums, so people can find previous discussions[/quoteb4b1a9cac1]

I'll get right on it...[/quoteb4b1a9cac1]
Done.

Is that a record? I'm bad-ass...

x323smostwantedx

27-07-2007 17:30:23

dmorris, you are a genious

gmario

27-07-2007 18:00:19

[quote32f08ddcb1="dmorris68"][quote32f08ddcb1="dmorris68"][quote32f08ddcb1="CollidgeGraduit"]We should add a search function to the FIPG forums, so people can find previous discussions[/quote32f08ddcb1]

I'll get right on it...[/quote32f08ddcb1]
Done.

Is that a record? I'm bad-ass...[/quote32f08ddcb1]

Was that done in less than a minute? If so shock

Bryan R

27-07-2007 18:34:45

AWESOME dmorris! shall we call you lightning dmorris. lol

zdub08

27-07-2007 19:26:31

I hope the last 2 posts are jokes..

gmario

27-07-2007 23:15:31

[quote3aeb947756="zdub08"]I hope the last 2 posts are jokes..[/quote3aeb947756]

wink

Elsie82271

28-07-2007 02:28:07

I understand the reasoning behind it, really I do. I started at FLR and have a TR5 over there and 9 completed trades, but only TR1 here. I lost 8 out of my first 24 offers due to them not crediting and soon ran out of offers to complete. So how do you propose I build up my TR on your forum if I cannot complete offers for vets, the vets (from what I have experienced) have very little faith in the newbies to pay for their referrals and I'm not allowed to trade with another newbie for TR?

I'm still relatively new, but I have learned enough to be able to walk someone through the steps to green. In fact, have four on FLR that I personally typed through the process and got them their first green. So, just because I'm new, doesn't make me an idiot!!!

FYI I have been doing this for a little over a month and the only two times I got ripped off were both by people with a TR over 4....

freedesktoppc

28-07-2007 18:56:53

[quotec85baad8f9="Elsie82271"]

I'm still relatively new, [bc85baad8f9]but I have learned enough to be able to walk someone through the steps to green.[/bc85baad8f9] In fact, have four on FLR that I personally typed through the process and got them their first green. So, just because I'm new, doesn't make me an idiot!!!
[/quotec85baad8f9]

well therein lies the problem...walking someone through is against the rules.

turbohim

28-07-2007 19:52:30

[quote39c4988a29="Elsie82271"]I lost 8 out of my first 24 offers due to them not crediting and soon ran out of offers to complete. [/quote39c4988a29]

May those sites burn in hell!!!

Also, only 24 offers and your done? Haha. I have over 250 on my network and i know you didn't do all of them.

petieroman

28-07-2007 20:50:36

[quote74e7a90bfa="turbohim"][quote74e7a90bfa="Elsie82271"]I lost 8 out of my first 24 offers due to them not crediting and soon ran out of offers to complete. [/quote74e7a90bfa]

May those sites burn in hell!!!

Also, only 24 offers and your done? Haha. I have over 250 on my network and i know you didn't do all of them.[/quote74e7a90bfa]

I agree, We have over 200 offers, To give up after 24???

Elsie82271

29-07-2007 10:14:14

A) Last time I checked, the following advice was not against the rules and this is how I walk someone through the steps
First, go to tools - internet options on your tool bar. Set your privacy settings to accept all cookies and turn off any pop-up blocker programs you have. Clear all your cookies.

You must do this before going to the site itself!!!!

Click on the offer you want to complete. When you get to the confirmation page, DO NOT CLOSE IT OR LEAVE IT FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES. Also, do not surf the internet or visit any other websites during this time. This seems to be a vital step in the process.

After the 5 minute wait, exit the offer site. Check your email for confirmation of offer. Repeat above steps (again before going back to the site) and do the second offer.

This should help to ensure crediting.

B) there may be plenty more offers out there, but a lot of them are credit card offers (which I don't qualify for), duplicate offers run by the same company (which causes different issues), or offers that would be considered fraud if I did them because I'm not really interested in them and only going for the green....

Ya'll want to offer up an offer list????

petieroman

29-07-2007 17:30:04

You can view the offers on the page. www.greenteamcash.com

Elsie82271

30-07-2007 02:14:23

[quote50b423dd79="petieroman"]You can view the offers on the page. www.greenteamcash.com[/quote50b423dd79]

Thanks for the link and proving my point....

On your site, there are 22 credit card offers that I wouldn't qualify for, 9 diet programs that all belong to the same parent company (which I have personally spoken to and was told they will accept one active order from someone and all subsequent ones are cancelled), 10 offers related to ringtones (which I believe is a waste of money), 6 internet services, 18 offers I cannot do either because I have already tried them, already belong to them or they are among the lost credits, etc, etc, etc.... So what does that leave? It leaves me with 3/4 of a credit and ALL from coffee!!! Not worth it since there is only one coffee drinker in the house and only drinks it at home on the weekends....

sandra habina

30-07-2007 02:46:46

I like your spunk Elsie. Have you done any of the Git-r-free sites - I know they have like 400 offers I believe. Just a suggestion dear not a promotion.
Just a thought - many sites are now offering Manual Credit Requests again, so possibly you could submit an MCR form at those sites for those 8 offers and still get credit for them, you will need the confirmation emails.
I wish I could do offers still - I would green for you.
The rules do really try to protect us. But I see where you are coming from. I got scammed by TR+50. You always have to be careful.
Good luck to you dear.

DIABLO

30-07-2007 06:05:20

[quote76ea7867df="Elsie82271"]A) Last time I checked, the following advice was not against the rules and this is how I walk someone through the steps
First, go to tools - internet options on your tool bar. Set your privacy settings to accept all cookies and turn off any pop-up blocker programs you have. Clear all your cookies.

Click on the offer you want to complete. [b76ea7867df]When you get to the confirmation page, DO NOT CLOSE IT OR LEAVE IT FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES. Also, do not surf the internet or visit any other websites during this time. This seems to be a vital step in the process.[/b76ea7867df]

After the 5 minute wait, exit the offer site. Check your email for confirmation of offer. Repeat above steps (again before going back to the site) and do the second offer.

B) there may be plenty more offers out there, but a lot of them are credit card offers (which I don't qualify for), duplicate offers run by the same company (which causes different issues), or offers that would be considered fraud if I did them because I'm not really interested in them and only going for the green....

Ya'll want to offer up an offer list????[/quote76ea7867df]

Bolded part doesn't make sense or have anything to do with if you get credit or not. I hate these newbies from FLR that make up random things and claim they are "vital to getting credit", it doesn't make sense, after the information is sent nothing else happens between your PC and the offer's server, so nothing will happen, once the order is sent it's between the offer's server and advertiser's server, you can't do anything about it. Even while it's transferring info you can be doing different things, it wouldn't matter. You couldn't have done 400+ offers, so do some sites for the vets. Or you could do an I-Deal site. 10 offers for a $1000+ plasma, most of their offers are ones I've never seen on normal sites.

tylerc

30-07-2007 06:28:15

Not sure what sites you're doing that you don't see i-Deal's offers on.

Her bolded part does make sense though, with i-Deal sites at least, that's what I always do. Leaving the window open at least, not the not surfing any other sites part.

doylnea

30-07-2007 07:02:26

[quotef6e79ce642="DIABLO"][quotef6e79ce642="Elsie82271"]A) Last time I checked, the following advice was not against the rules and this is how I walk someone through the steps

Click on the offer you want to complete. [bf6e79ce642]When you get to the confirmation page, DO NOT CLOSE IT OR LEAVE IT FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES. Also, do not surf the internet or visit any other websites during this time. This seems to be a vital step in the process.[/bf6e79ce642]

Ya'll want to offer up an offer list????[/quotef6e79ce642]

Bolded part doesn't make sense or have anything to do with if you get credit or not. I hate these newbies from FLR that make up random things and claim they are "vital to getting credit", it doesn't make sense, after the information is sent nothing else happens between your PC and the offer's server, so nothing will happen, once the order is sent it's between the offer's server and advertiser's server, you can't do anything about it. Even while it's transferring info you can be doing different things, it wouldn't matter.[/quotef6e79ce642]

Know what I hate? When a veteran FiPGer a) spouts off about about a FLR newb, when of course, that veteran FiPGer was a newb once too, and then b) is wrong about what they're chastising the "newb" about.

There's good reason to leave an offer window open...

Jenncherry99

30-07-2007 09:55:13

I know I haven't been trading for a while and I haven't been on the site as religiously as I used to...but why is it that a newbie has a problem with trading with a vet? This rule got put into affect when I was a newb and at first it was a little frustrating, but 4 is not a high number. You can trade with me, TSJ, tylerc, and you already have 1...so there you go thats 4!

There are plenty of vets here to trade with! And I will say I am thankful for this rule...I don't know if this is a still a problem but I do remember a wave of scammers coming through that burned a lot of people...and if that TR rule wasn't there they could have probably scammed a lot more people.

Just be thankful there are WAY more experienced people on here that know what they are doing and do it well...they put everything in to place for a reason.

Elsie82271

30-07-2007 11:19:50

I never said I wasn't willing to deal with a vet. What I said was that I have reached a point where I need to pay for referrals, but the vets on here seem to be unwilling to do that with a newbie. I am still willing to do a green4green, if I can find some offers I can do....

I welcome the chance to work with anybody, if they have a site that doesn't have the same 'ol offers with the same 'ol problem. PM me your sites if you would like me to check them out.

I did look at a GitRFree site once and if memory serves, a large portion of those offers were credit card/loan offers (again, credit sucks and wouldn't qualify) and another large section was dating offers (married). I will check it again, if it would be worth my time....

petieroman

30-07-2007 15:44:45

Ok, What offers or kind of offers are you looking for?

Elsie82271

31-07-2007 21:54:10

You seem to have completely missed my point...I am no longer in the position where I can honestly complete offers, which is why I jumped the fence to paying for referrals. The problem lies in the fact that the only people on this forum thus far that are willing to go green for me are newbies, with the exception of two people. This would not benefit either party, despite all the hard work and time put into it, so I'm stuck not getting greens or giving greens. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a middle ground with your forum. I realize some newbies are scammers, but so are some vets.

So, if you have a TR4+ and would be willing to go green for me, then please take the time to send me a PM.