Wicca vs. Christianity vs. Satanism and Clarifications

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67169

mcgrom

25-07-2007 09:38:20

I'm sorry but I must rant. Being part of the Wiccan religion things can be tough sometimes especially from Christians. Now I am not talking about all Christians don't get me wrong there are plenty that actually understand. Being called a Satanist and being asked 10 million times you don't worship the devil do you?, has gotten quite old, again I won't bash the Satanist religion either I am just sick of the two being confused with each other.

Needless to say some of you need to be well informed of the difference and I am here to do that for you, as to not spam I have provided links to Wikipedia that explains all in great detail for the most part

Wicca

Satanism

So if you have a closed mind,now you are informed and perhaps a little less afraid of us Pagans, hopefully.

If any of you have any questions i'll be more than happy to answer curiosity never hurt anyone, just PM me.

lootyloot

25-07-2007 09:43:47

That is just society! I grew up in a southern babtist town and my mother was Jewish! Talk about getting made fun of! Luckily dad was baptist so I had something to stand on! People are cruel when they don't understand! I feel that is your choice and not mine to judge ou upon!
Looty

mcgrom

25-07-2007 09:46:00

[quoteffeda00f40="lootyloot"]That is just society! I grew up in a southern babtist town and my mother was Jewish! Talk about getting made fun of! Luckily dad was baptist so I had something to stand on! People are cruel when they don't understand! I feel that is your choice and not mine to judge ou upon!
Looty[/quoteffeda00f40]

Its true but its those kind of people that need to be informed. I feel sorry for anyone like that but your right it is society that makes them that way.

jeagle82

25-07-2007 09:46:33

I never thought of Wicca as a religion, but more as a sort of society like lootyloot said. Thanks for posting that info mcgrom. I now know more about Wiccan traditions.

To each his own.

tylerc

25-07-2007 09:51:38

Hey, whatever works for you. I'm agnostic, so I don't care anyway.

jadem

25-07-2007 10:15:07

I was raised Christian and still am, but throughout my life I have been open minded enough to understand there are differences. It's bad enough when a Satanist tries to explain what their religion is all about, but try being a Christian and explaining that, lol.

I admit I don't know anything, really, about Wicca, but my impression is that it's about nature and earth and rituals, not about God or gods.

Satanism is not about worshiping Satan, but rather a worship of yourself and your human instincts (giving into pleasure, etc.).

I think it's just ignorant people not willing to stand above their ignorance.