i guess i'm bored

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67068

junkie06

22-07-2007 22:29:13

Whats the difference between crack and coke?????
I dont do either...just curious

zdub08

22-07-2007 22:32:50

coke is powder that you snort, and crack is "rocks" that you smoke?

crack is for poor people and coke is for rich people.

h3x

22-07-2007 22:39:44

The proper name for 'crack' is called freebase cocaine

"As the name implies, "freebase" is the base form of cocaine, as opposed to the salt form of cocaine hydrochloride. Whereas cocaine hydrochloride is extremely soluble in water, cocaine base is insoluble in water and is therefore not suitable for drinking, snorting or injecting. Cocaine hydrochloride is not well-suited for smoking because the temperature at which it vaporizes is very high, and close to the temperature at which it burns; however, freebase cocaine base vaporizes at a low temperature, which makes it suitable for inhalation.

Smoking freebase is preferred by many users because the cocaine is absorbed immediately into blood via the lungs, where it reaches the brain in about five seconds. The rush is much more intense than sniffing the same amount of cocaine nasally, but the effects do not last as long. The peak of the freebase rush is over almost as soon as the user exhales the vapor, but the high typically lasts 5–10 minutes afterwards. What makes freebase a particularly dangerous drug is that users typically don't wait that long for their next hit and will continue to smoke freebase until none is left. These effects are similar to those that can be achieved by injecting or "banging" cocaine hydrochloride, but without the risks associated with intravenous drug use (although there are other serious risks associated with smoking freebase)."

zdub08

22-07-2007 22:55:48

http//static.howstuffworks.com/gif/crack-15.jpg[" alt=""/img4a56f154d5]

[img="4a56f154d5]http//www.cokerehab.com/images/cocaine28.jpg[" alt=""/img4a56f154d5]

Tholek

23-07-2007 02:08:21

Don't hit your head on the screen.

junkie06

23-07-2007 04:26:24

lmao. thanks for the info and pics

notbartsimpson

23-07-2007 04:49:30

Wow, that was way too detailed. I used to hear a rumor that Coca Cola used to have cocaine in it when it was first being peddled (probably early 1900s)...any truth to this rumor?

I also find it a bit humorous that the OP's handle is junkie06 and underneath her name is "Addict" and this topic is about drugs. D

MyungChunHa

23-07-2007 05:20:04

[quotec8826cfa13="notbartsimpson"]Wow, that was way too detailed. I used to hear a rumor that Coca Cola used to have cocaine in it when it was first being peddled (probably early 1900s)...any truth to this rumor?

I also find it a bit humorous that the OP's handle is junkie06 and underneath her name is "Addict" and this topic is about drugs. D[/quotec8826cfa13]
Ha! That is pretty damn funny lol

But yea, Coca Cola did indeed put cocaine in their products, before it was illegal

ajasax

23-07-2007 10:42:02

http//www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp

dmorris68

23-07-2007 10:57:37

Not only Coca-Cola, but a ton of over-the-counter and home remedies, "snake oils," etc. used cocaine before it was controlled. Coca-Cola was actually originally marketed as a remedy itself. Back around the turn of the 20th century, cocaine addiction was becoming a huge national problem due to the wide availability of coca products.

tylerc

23-07-2007 11:12:41

In the 1800s and early 1900s you could also walk into any drug store and buy Laudnum, a mix of alcohol with opium dissolved into it.

Jeremiah1218

23-07-2007 11:26:58

Yeah, basically crack is cocaine that is just thrown in a pot of boiling water and mixed with baking soda until it turns into rocks. It is called "freebase" because you are freeing the coke from its base and just smoking whats left which is way more potent and addictive.

jeagle82

23-07-2007 15:15:32

Cocaine was actually originally invented as a numbing agent for certain surgeries (the most common being eye surgery). Imagine getting some pure cocaine powder dropped into your eyes. haha!

Sigmun Freud, a well known psychologist, used it quite frequently in his hypnosis studies and became VERY addicted to it.

But anyways, yeah, like everyone said... cocaine is in powder form and more pure... because of this, it costs a whole lot more per ounce. Crack is typically made from cocaine by cutting it with something (usually a liquid such as drain-o)... cutting here = boiling the cocaine powder down in a liquid and then having it crystalize. You can smoke crack as well as melt it down and inject it. It's a lot dirtier than cocaine and you never know WHAT it was cut with, so it can be pretty nasty stuff.

Why the hell r we all talking about this stuff anyways? LOL

junkie06

23-07-2007 23:39:17

[quote1fcdc3b136="notbartsimpson"]Wow, that was way too detailed. I used to hear a rumor that Coca Cola used to have cocaine in it when it was first being peddled (probably early 1900s)...any truth to this rumor?

I also find it a bit humorous that the OP's handle is junkie06 and underneath her name is "Addict" and this topic is about drugs. D[/quote1fcdc3b136] lol I've never noticed that....lol