Ebay help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66940

Sweeney2066

20-07-2007 12:17:55

I've gotten more serious into ebay selling but I still have questions on two things...

1. In My Summary all the items I sold disappeared. Last night when I first saw it, the page sad with little flags that basially certain information can't be found at this time. Anyone ever had that happen or know what to do?
(I just sold 18 things)

2. In your auctions.. do pictures HAVE to be ones that you own/took? Aka could you use someone else's picture from an auction?

Help me out )

tylerc

20-07-2007 12:28:21

If you're going to take someone else's picture, be sure to save and upload to imageshack or something, sometimes they have it so that people who hot link have a nasty image come up on their page instead.

hehehhehe

20-07-2007 13:16:42

[quote2980bfa4d2="Sweeney2066"]I've gotten more serious into ebay selling but I still have questions on two things...

1. In My Summary all the items I sold disappeared. Last night when I first saw it, the page sad with little flags that basially certain information can't be found at this time. Anyone ever had that happen or know what to do?
(I just sold 18 things)

2. In your auctions.. do pictures HAVE to be ones that you own/took? Aka could you use someone else's picture from an auction?

Help me out )[/quote2980bfa4d2]
1. That happens sometimes, just try back later. Also make sure the time period for that display in My Ebay is set to more than 24 hours.

2. If it's a stock photo of the product I'm sure it's fine, but if it's a homemade photo you're a dick if you use it.

Big War Bird

20-07-2007 14:33:42

I've had my pictures and descriptions stolen on ebay. Needless to say I was not happy. I notified ebay and they took the auction down within an hour.

Margot530

20-07-2007 15:15:06

Hi there,

I completely understand where Big War Bird is coming from. I have however used the "sell and item like this," feature if it was a "stock photo," for example, a video game, and that works okay.

Margot wink

Sweeney2066

20-07-2007 15:19:26

[quotec64efa9daa="hehehhehe"]
1. That happens sometimes, just try back later. Also make sure the time period for that display in My Ebay is set to more than 24 hours.

2. If it's a stock photo of the product I'm sure it's fine, but if it's a homemade photo you're a dick if you use it.[/quotec64efa9daa]

I just double checked and it's at 60 days.

As for the photo thing thanks for the answers everyone D

(btwhehe+kma)

mcgrom

23-07-2007 06:57:54

Yeah when I was new to selling I "stole" an image for one of my auctions, it was a pretty nasty ass picture literally. To say the least I learned my lesson pretty well. lol