Bestbuy...Idiots where I live

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66664

manOFice

16-07-2007 11:03:59

OK, I just bought a new tv stand...ordered online for instore pick up, I used my cc and my info etc...I get the emails to pick it up and I go to the store and she needs to verify the last 4 digits on my card so I give the card to her and she says they don't match, i'm like wtf do you mean? So I had my blackberry on me so i checked my email on the confirm page and sure enough it didn't match my card so then I was confused, it was only 2 digits off

I turn around for one second and the lady printed off my receipt and said here ya go and I walked out with my product even after I told her that it wasn't right because the numbers didn't match...

So I got home and checked online banking and sure enough I didn't get charged...

So someone out there got charged for my tv stand...I didn't want my bank or best buy knocking on my door saying I commited credit card fraud etc so I called best buy up today and their like hrmmm thats odd, just bring your receipt to the store and they'll refund the money back to whoever it was and they'll charge your card

I would be pissed if I was the random person who got charged.

And No i did not enter my CC info in wrong Say the last 4 digits were "1234" on my reciept it had say "1289" I didn't mess it up. And I had to enter my CCV and expiration numbers etc...very odd

tylerc

16-07-2007 11:08:13

LOL they just gave it to you?

At least you were honest and called about it, a lot of people would think "free TV stand!"

manOFice

16-07-2007 11:10:56

[quotec017f773ba="tylerc"]LOL they just gave it to you?

At least you were honest and called about it, a lot of people would think "free TV stand!"[/quotec017f773ba]

Yeah she at first was a bitch saying the numbers didn't match and then she just printed the receipt and gave me my stand and I left

But all my info was linked to that purchase so thats all I needed was my bank thinking I'm stealing CC info or some crap

dmorris68

16-07-2007 11:13:29

It's also odd that you could've mistyped, or their system screwed up, only 2 digits and it still work. CC#'s are checksummed such that changing even a single digit would render the checksum and the whole number invalid.

manOFice

16-07-2007 11:16:48

[quote431e08e04f="dmorris68"]It's also odd that you could've mistyped, or their system screwed up, only 2 digits and it still work. CC#'s are checksummed such that changing even a single digit would render the checksum and the whole number invalid.[/quote431e08e04f]

I know! I swear I didn't type it wrong, the mismatch was not even close to mine on the last 2 digits. But it successfully charged the account and gave me a receipt with my name on it but never charged me

Prints Charming

16-07-2007 12:27:19

Wow that's insane.. and props on doing the right thing. No wonder why people get random charges on their CC statements lol.. what the hell was she thinking! "Oh these don't match? Screw it.. have a nice day!" lol.. craziness.

manOFice

16-07-2007 12:36:39

[quotef0fbefc901="Prints Charming"]Wow that's insane.. and props on doing the right thing. No wonder why people get random charges on their CC statements lol.. what the hell was she thinking! "Oh these don't match? Screw it.. have a nice day!" lol.. craziness.[/quotef0fbefc901]

Yeah I know, but seriously she first said the system won't let her go any further because they don't match and I turned around for a second and she was printing off the receipt like she never said anything to me. I'm surprised she didn't get fired

Tholek

16-07-2007 20:07:42

I'll be honest. While I would likely have done the same, it would have given me pause. I've been on the receiving end of a fair bit of grief from BB, and the thought of this being some kind of cosmic justice would have crossed my mind. ;)

gambit00x

16-07-2007 20:20:42

Wow that's scary, a dishonest person would have probably gone somewhere else and tried the same numbers to buy something else.
Kudos!