Some kids in my town who really messed up their lives....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66000

Tsmith10803

05-07-2007 19:46:45

Some kids my neighborhood got in some serious trouble a few weeks ago. They got drunk, and stole a car, but the one had his little brother in the backseat who was like 13, and he was 17, so, they steal a car, and the kid who has his little brother is driving, the police started chasing them after they failed to pull over, but they lost the cops after the police had to fall back because they were swiping cars left and right and it was too dangerous, then, they were going 100 on this one road, crashed into a wall, the two of them are ok, but the little brother got dragged for 5 blocks while his head was scraping against the concrete, and part of his brain had to be taken out because of that, and he may die. The two face Grand Theft Auto, Driving without a liscence, DUI, and manslaughter charges if the kid dies, he's on life support now. How said is that, they fucked up their whole lives. I mean, niether of them were great kids who were going anywhere, but who knows what that kid could've done with his live. There was a blood drive for the little kid today, because he's a type o.

ShaneK

05-07-2007 20:02:27

That sucks man, whats with these kids these days?

When I was in highschool, some kids got into some shit sorta like that, playing with guns and stealing cars, most are in jail now, but whenever you steal a car when you are 16 you go to a correction facility. The kid I am talking about stole a car, was caught with guns, and he is out now. Also when I was in high school, there were unrelated incidents where two kids were arrested for killing people, and I don't live in an area where crime is necesarily bad either. Crazy stuff, hope the little kid is alright, and I hope the other kids get locked up for a long long time.

The future doesn't look so bright for this generation. You can't deny the gangster lifestyle is glamorized these days.

Tsmith10803

05-07-2007 20:08:59

I hate that whole gangster thing, but I also hate how bad this is making these kids out to be, they were always nice to me, kind of bad kids, but nothing deserving of this at such a young age, I really hope his brother can pull through.

JOSHBOX

05-07-2007 20:40:57

That is a really sad story, I hope they get a punishment worthy of their crime.

mnx12

05-07-2007 22:12:59

Wow. That is just horrible. How could he have done something like that to his brother? I hope they get steep punishment.

JordanE

05-07-2007 22:55:27

[quote732f8638db="Tsmith10803"]I hate that whole gangster thing, but I also hate how bad this is making these kids out to be, they were always nice to me, kind of bad kids, but nothing [b732f8638db]deserving of this[/b732f8638db] at such a young age, I really hope his brother can pull through.[/quote732f8638db]

I have a problem with the "deserving of this" part. I am the same age as the two that did this, and never in my most glorious drunkenness have I ever thought about stealing a car and running from the police. They should have known full well what they were doing and yet they still did it.

It was a terrible choice that may take the life of his little brother. But it was still a choice.

What if they had crashed into a car and killed one of your family members. Would you still feel bad for them?

slambam

06-07-2007 00:08:24

Some things just amaze me. I don't want to sound like an a-hole, but I hope they throw the book at these kids. I hope those aren't the only charges put forth to them, so many more can (hit and run, underage drinking, speeding, reckless driving, etc...) I honestly think this is worse that murder. Putting yourself and everyone else at risk, and (if not killing) having your brother be a vegetable for the rest of his life, he'll never be the same if he survives. I don't care if there only 17, thats plenty old to know the difference between right and wrong, and the consequences for acts like this. There lucky that they didn't run into anybody on the road and kill them to go along with everything else. Plus maybe it'll show others there age what can happen.

tracemhunter

06-07-2007 01:27:41

If you do something wrong, you deserve to be punished. No exceptions. People are too soft these days. When I was in the second grade, I called the teacher a dumbbutt and she took me into the hallway and whooped my ass with a paddle. I have never disrespected a person of higher authority since then.

TFOAF

06-07-2007 04:56:53

Where was this by the way? There was a horrible accident close to me with someone going 100MPH in a SUV and crashing into a pole, and all but the driver were killed.

tylerc

06-07-2007 05:29:40

They are definitely old enough to know the difference between right and wrong and will most likely get charged as adults.

TryinToGetPaid

06-07-2007 05:52:39

My girlfriend's partner at work (they both worked under the same attorney) her husband was riding around with their son and his friend. The friend was driving, and they were going 80+ on a curvy road, he wrecked into the ditch, the boy went flying through the windshield, as did the dad. Her husband was killed instantly, the little boy is STILL in ICU (this was about 4 months ago) and the friend who was driving walked out of the car and told the people who saw the wreck NOT to call the police.

I would NEVER EVER allow my son to ride in a car, with me, with someone one medication (not prescribed btw) and drunk, thait is just stupid....

Tsmith10803

06-07-2007 10:05:41

I know they're old enough to know right from wrong, and I know that deep down I want them to get the harshest punishment I can think of, especially if this kid dies, but, it's just so weird to think about how one dumb choice can literally screw your entire life up. Like, if they hadn't drank, who knows what they would've done instead, most likely not steal a car though.

This was in my town and the bronx NY btw, they stole a BMW in my town and went to the bronx

jy3

06-07-2007 10:13:25

this is a horrible tragedy.
I agree that people need to be punished for what they do but some kids at their age are actually not able to fully comprehend the repercussions of their actions. this is not a cop-out, just an explanation.
i still think they need to be punished and nothing will ever give the brother back to the parents.
sad sad story
also of note, I do not like the statement that "they were going no where"
kids mature at different speeds and for some people reaching a certain level and adding to society is enough and their max. not everyone can be doctors

Gigante

06-07-2007 12:53:38

[quote0b1c8f1114="Tsmith10803"]I know they're old enough to know right from wrong, and I know that deep down I want them to get the harshest punishment I can think of, especially if this kid dies, but, it's just so weird to think about how one dumb choice can literally screw your entire life up. Like, if they hadn't drank, who knows what they would've done instead, most likely not steal a car though.

This was in my town and the bronx NY btw, they stole a BMW in my town and went to the bronx[/quote0b1c8f1114]

I don't think the punishment is hard to fathom at all. The price they paid for making the choice to drink. Doesn't change the circumstances at all.

jy3

06-07-2007 13:46:04

I think what is sad about this whole thing besides the end result is that some people just do not have the ability to foresee consequences. sure they think, wow, this could be dangerous. but they cannot fathom what life in prison or the death of their younger brother could be like. TV is not that real yet ;)

ilanbg

06-07-2007 21:55:10

Eh. Just another story about a foolish, life-altering choice.

Veek

06-07-2007 22:01:16

Even more crazies

http//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070707/ap_on_re_us/gang_rape_teens;_ylt=ArEVWfVUy6uApqk44hlOJ9nMWM0F

Denise07

07-07-2007 07:09:51

[quotebbe01e352c="Veek"]Even more crazies

http//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070707/ap_on_re_us/gang_rape_teens;_ylt=ArEVWfVUy6uApqk44hlOJ9nMWM0F[/quotebbe01e352c]

That is sickening. I hope those boys are thrown in prison and made to be somebodys bitch. Maybe then, they will know the magnitude of their crime

DIABLO

07-07-2007 07:36:53

[quote28c894bf9c="Veek"]Even more crazies

http//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070707/ap_on_re_us/gang_rape_teens;_ylt=ArEVWfVUy6uApqk44hlOJ9nMWM0F[/quote28c894bf9c]

Wow, they all deserve life or death, they didn't need to do all of that, they're just monsters and we don't need them anywhere in our society...

tjwor

07-07-2007 09:14:00

[quoted8ee87ad05="DIABLO"][quoted8ee87ad05="Veek"]Even more crazies

http//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070707/ap_on_re_us/gang_rape_teens;_ylt=ArEVWfVUy6uApqk44hlOJ9nMWM0F[/quoted8ee87ad05]

Wow, they all deserve life or death, they didn't need to do all of that, they're just monsters and we don't need them anywhere in our society...[/quoted8ee87ad05]

i'm gonna have to say that I think these kids were not the main cause of this, with a gang of 10 total, i'd say that they were probably among the youngest of the group and got brought into it... I'd say whoever had the original plan and used the guns should pay the most price, they kids should do time but not life or death...