Skateboarding is a Crime!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65454

Armstrong

27-06-2007 13:43:15

Saw this on digg, thought you guys might enjoy.

http//www.thehundreds.com/wordpress/?p=1874

oh and its ip-relay.com

hairyferry

27-06-2007 16:05:07

http//www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=51001

TryinToGetPaid

27-06-2007 16:12:19

On a side story

I picked up my black friend from his neighborhood (housing project) to go see my newborn son. We are promptly pulled over by the housing authority police because my inspection sticker was "expired" (I had been in Texas for a month, and could not get it fixed there) In Louisiana you have a grace period of 10 days to change your inspection sticker, he pulls me over 5 days before the grace period is over.

He makes his intentions known by asking if he could search the car first thing. He asks me if I have been to jail atleast 4 times. He tells me he finds weed seeds and "more" in my car and if I do not tell him where the rest is I am going to jail. He then calls me an asshole and since he found the seeds and more plus pills I should just tell him where everything else.

He lets me go after about 25 minutes of searching my car. When I get back into my car, there are no weed seeds or weed anywhere in my car, and the pills he was talking about - was Benadryl that had been in my car for 3 years. As soon as I got back to my home, I got my girlfriend's boss, lawyer, to write a letter to the sheriff department, filing a complaint.

Another reason I hate most cops. Most cops are power hungry and get pissed when they think they pulled over some rich white kid buying drugs from a black guy.

I asked the officer if it was illegal to ride in the car with a poorer black person, and he told me no. Yet it is the reason I was pulled over.

turbohim

27-06-2007 16:39:57

thats fucked up

i love skateboarding <3

JUNIOR6886

27-06-2007 17:44:02

I saw this in the morning but decided against posting about it cause i didnt think most people would understand. I hate dirty fucking pigs.... "Im so tough im gonna go choke on a little girl." Personally i myself have never had too much toruble with the cops. The only time ive been kicked out of a spot was a place that had literally over 30 no skateboarding signs on it and even then the cops werent dicks about it.

DIABLO

27-06-2007 18:06:47

Well they can skate, but they were probably on private property with no skating allowed, then the security guard told them to leave, and they acted tough and mouthed off to him. Then he could have arrested them for disorderly conduct as he said and maybe tresspassing, then he started running, so he can be arrested for fleeing, he said it in the video...

MyungChunHa

27-06-2007 18:16:20

[quotebcdea7a425="DIABLO"]Well they can skate, but they were probably on private property with no skating allowed, then the security guard told them to leave, and they acted tough and mouthed off to him. Then he could have arrested them for disorderly conduct as he said and maybe tresspassing, then he started running, so he can be arrested for fleeing, he said it in the video...[/quotebcdea7a425]
There are two sides to the story, and the cops weren't entirely wrong...

But he didn't have to be so extremely forceful to little 13 year olds. He could have told them to just leave for one, if they didn't listen, show them that they could be arrested, if they flee, just let them go....it's a bunch of normal teens, not murders or rapists..

DIABLO

27-06-2007 18:33:55

[quote5fce047ca4="MyungChunHa"][quote5fce047ca4="DIABLO"]Well they can skate, but they were probably on private property with no skating allowed, then the security guard told them to leave, and they acted tough and mouthed off to him. Then he could have arrested them for disorderly conduct as he said and maybe tresspassing, then he started running, so he can be arrested for fleeing, he said it in the video...[/quote5fce047ca4]
There are two sides to the story, and the cops weren't entirely wrong...

But he didn't have to be so extremely forceful to little 13 year olds. He could have told them to just leave for one, if they didn't listen, show them that they could be arrested, if they flee, just let them go....it's a bunch of normal teens, not murders or rapists..[/quote5fce047ca4]

Well yeah, but I'm sure the cops were pretty pissed get mouthed off to by some idiot kid so he probably hated him right then, and he could arrest him because he did break the law, so he did.

zdub08

27-06-2007 18:53:11

the video said it was "go skateboarding day" or something. cops knew there would be skateboarders everywhere, and they could have thought about how to deal with them. I guess this cop just decided it would be best to tackle and arrest as many kids as he could.

turbohim

27-06-2007 19:13:47

what i hate is i bet you johnny McCrackpipe was sitting on the corner laughing at this dealing drugs

JUNIOR6886

27-06-2007 19:15:13

@zdub
yeah. Go skateboarding day was on june 21st

JayxDirect

28-06-2007 18:12:11

Junior, just had to say, I love those pics in your signature. )

JUNIOR6886

28-06-2007 19:22:31

[quote2aa38e24e5="JayxDirect"]Junior, just had to say, I love those pics in your signature. )[/quote2aa38e24e5]

thanks, chris cole is the man.

oh btw the pig's been placed on administrative leave. Hopefully that coward loses his job.

zdub08

28-06-2007 19:23:27

[quote5796795bb2="JayxDirect"]Junior, just had to say, I love those pics in your signature. )[/quote5796795bb2]
same. who is it doing the tre flip?

JUNIOR6886

28-06-2007 22:50:35

[quote746af6090b="zdub08"][quote746af6090b="JayxDirect"]Junior, just had to say, I love those pics in your signature. )[/quote746af6090b]
same. who is it doing the tre flip?[/quote746af6090b]

Chris Cole. The tre flip was down the wallenberg 4. its 6 feet by [b746af6090b]18[/b746af6090b] feet. if you ever see it in real life you wouldnt think it was possible for someone to clear it. Its the last trick in his part in the movie new blood.

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS-vG0scJu0

Allen626

28-06-2007 23:03:55

He did not have control of the situation, but he didn't do anything "wrong". He just got frustrated. He is going to get a slap on the hand and some paid vacation. Everyone goes through rebelious times, and sure some cops really are retarded but this whole skaters vs cops thing is immature. Anyone who thinks this means war or anything will grow up in a few years and realize how retarded that is.

ilanbg

28-06-2007 23:24:03

Allen I think the issue is more centered around police brutality and the abuse of power. Police officers are given a great deal of responsibility—with it should come the ability to maintain control under pressure and discretion therein. If this guy can't handle a few skater punks, how do you expect him to react to a real threat?

turbohim

29-06-2007 07:46:34

[quotea1bd5c6c11="Allen626"]He did not have control of the situation, but he didn't do anything "wrong". He just got frustrated. He is going to get a slap on the hand and some paid vacation. Everyone goes through rebelious times, and sure some cops really are retarded but this whole skaters vs cops thing is immature. Anyone who thinks this means war or anything will grow up in a few years and realize how retarded that is.[/quotea1bd5c6c11]

Yeah, the issue here wasn't skaters vs. cops but rather the "power" that they think they have. A) They cannot legally take something away from someone. The person must HAND it to them and it must be secured. B ) They cannot use brutality (especially on a young girl) to arrest someone. If the person chooses to run, then they are breaking more laws.

thikidflyss

29-06-2007 10:54:15

HEY!!

June 21'st was my b-day!

And that's bs to arrest these kids for just skateboarding.

Dick headed cops. Had a run in with alot of them and there everywhere!

darklight

29-06-2007 11:32:57

[quotedc0b43ba4b="TryinToGetPaid"]On a side story

I picked up my black friend from his neighborhood (housing project) to go see my newborn son. We are promptly pulled over by the housing authority police because my inspection sticker was "expired" (I had been in Texas for a month, and could not get it fixed there) In Louisiana you have a grace period of 10 days to change your inspection sticker, he pulls me over 5 days before the grace period is over.

He makes his intentions known by asking if he could search the car first thing. He asks me if I have been to jail atleast 4 times. He tells me he finds weed seeds and "more" in my car and if I do not tell him where the rest is I am going to jail. He then calls me an asshole and since he found the seeds and more plus pills I should just tell him where everything else.

He lets me go after about 25 minutes of searching my car. When I get back into my car, there are no weed seeds or weed anywhere in my car, and the pills he was talking about - was Benadryl that had been in my car for 3 years. As soon as I got back to my home, I got my girlfriend's boss, lawyer, to write a letter to the sheriff department, filing a complaint.

Another reason I hate most cops. Most cops are power hungry and get pissed when they think they pulled over some rich white kid buying drugs from a black guy.

I asked the officer if it was illegal to ride in the car with a poorer black person, and he told me no. Yet it is the reason I was pulled over.[/quotedc0b43ba4b]

Fucking sux! Im from Texas and I am that poorer black guy. Only gets worst on the West Coast.