why was my topic deleted collidgegrad?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6406

amaivs

15-02-2005 18:51:33

why was it huh?

just because u know people who own this message board, doesn't mean you can think that you're all bad and tough.

what you and your friends said on the chat was uncalled for. it really hurt.

be a fu.cking man and admit that you did wrong.

didn't think a [bc1eece9c99]'chink'[/bc1eece9c99] could get you huh.

hovigga

15-02-2005 18:59:27

eh, what happend?

CollidgeGraduit

15-02-2005 19:00:05

Actually, I didn't delete it... and if you would have read the log that you posted, I didn't say ANYTHING in the chat except I PMed you to say that I bumped your karma up into the positives.

How about you check things before you jump to conclusions? All you do is try to start trouble around here, so see ya later.

CoMpFrEaK

15-02-2005 19:04:08

dam........... roll

CollidgeGraduit

15-02-2005 19:05:16

What happened is, another person in the chatroom made a racist comment, and she flipped out. I PMed her to tell her to check her karma, because I bumped it up into the positives, in an attempt to maybe smooth things over so she won't complain about me constantly. Maybe she should have learned to calm down and not assume I did something to her.

CoMpFrEaK

15-02-2005 19:06:54

[quoted372652f26="CollidgeGraduit"]What happened is, another person in the chatroom made a racist comment, and she flipped out. I PMed her to tell her to check her karma, because I bumped it up into the positives, in an attempt to maybe smooth things over so she won't complain about me constantly. Maybe she should have learned to calm down and not assume I did something to her.[/quoted372652f26]

ADHD? anyways like my karma CG? P

Narakukuku

15-02-2005 19:13:16

NO!!
Why was amaivs bant?
I liked her sniff did I miss something?

EatChex89

15-02-2005 19:14:44

o well.

all's well that ends well... she was kinda edgy.

yjz188

15-02-2005 19:19:34

[quote5ee15674dc="Narakukuku"]NO!!
Why was amaivs bant?
I liked her sniff did I miss something?[/quote5ee15674dc]

Aww. I liked her too. cry

Narakukuku

15-02-2005 19:19:38

So who made racist comments about who? Were they even members of this forum?
I think we all deserve to know what happened.

Redundancy

15-02-2005 19:43:14

She was cool (

Admin

15-02-2005 19:44:26

A non-member of the forum made the comments, specifically to upset her because he saw this post (http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6389[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6389) kinda bashing the chatroom. She proceeded to flip out, because as we all know
http/" alt=""/img19.exs.cx/img="19/5216" alt=""/img6ev.jpg[/imgb2ee9f8c2b]

So now, she's banned, justifiably, for jumping to conclusions about a fair and hard working chatroom op and forum moderator. That is all.

Chesyl

15-02-2005 19:50:37

http//images.urbandictionary.com/view/large/4559.jpg[" alt=""/img87dd9e2a96]

FreeOffersNow

15-02-2005 19:56:01

[quotef229af77da="Admin"]A non-member of the forum made the comments, specifically to upset her because he saw this post (http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6389[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6389) kinda bashing the chatroom. She proceeded to flip out, because as we all know
[img removed for space saving ) ]

So now, she's banned, justifiably, for jumping to conclusions about a fair and hard working chatroom op and forum moderator. That is all.[/quotef229af77da]

As many of you know, I never liked to her to begin with. Oh well...I like the picture admin lol

Redundancy

15-02-2005 19:56:38

[quote2067f7c969="Admin"]A non-member of the forum made the comments, specifically to upset her because he saw this post (http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6389[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6389) kinda bashing the chatroom. She proceeded to flip out, because as we all know

So now, she's banned, justifiably, for jumping to conclusions about a fair and hard working chatroom op and forum moderator. That is all.[/quote2067f7c969]

I don't see her bashing the chatroom anywhere on that thread.

CollidgeGraduit

15-02-2005 20:01:02

That was the thread that got deleted, and she assumed I did it

Admin

15-02-2005 20:02:54

[quotec0d13c933e]
oh yeah! i forgot..... i got 45 negative karmas from Gc. hahaa..

second thoughts now.. /
[/quotec0d13c933e]

Okay, maybe not bashing, but disrespecting a hardworking and fair administrator...

Redundancy

15-02-2005 20:06:34

=P Oh come on. People have done worse things than that around here. She DID have negative karma for a while

FreeOffersNow

15-02-2005 20:10:41

I think we are forgetting the post titled "my last post before I get banned" or something of that sort? For those of you that saw it...it went something like "FUCK THESE BIAS MODERATORS." (Yes, I know the word is BIASED...but she used BIAS so so did I ) )

She wasn't banned after that...the mods are only going to take so much abuse.

Redundancy

15-02-2005 20:18:15

Oh okay, I didn't see that.

pSeuDo

15-02-2005 20:22:54

i dunno... i think she deserves to come back. i mean, things like racism starts to flip people out. i mean if someone called me something racist, id flip out nd do shit irrationally.
i know it isnt her first questionable post, but i dunno. she deserves to be back imho

bigboy106

15-02-2005 20:25:20

good rids lol

phorty

15-02-2005 20:28:23

come on ...she was interesting to have around...how many tru calling fans are their on this board besides her?

we freakin need her...shes like...a completion for that demographic...

we should have a vote on this, or at least something to clear up the misunderstanding

bigboy106

15-02-2005 20:38:18

i dont care, i really didnt know her, and dont want too, p

phorty

15-02-2005 20:41:46

Neither did I.
Its the principle of it though, she made a mistake, got angry (and rightfully so) at the wrong person, it happens, but she shouldn't have to be banned for it. the mod's here are some cool guy's, im surprised this is even an issue.

Narakukuku

15-02-2005 21:09:09

Well I respect your decision but to me this whole thing seems like a big misunderstanding.
Despite your explanation, I still don't understand why she was banned.
Someone made a racist comment and she flipped out and perhaps accused the wrong person. Maybe I would have done the same. But I didn't see anything slanderous in that thread you pointed out. I don't remember the "@#$% these biased mods" post either. But the point is if she has been so bad for a long time, why wasn't she banned a long time ago?
Overall, I think she has made the forum more lively so I will miss her and all. I think others feel the same way. No offense but to me it looks like she was banned for more personal reasons. But maybe I cant say because I wasn't in the chat room.

Admin

15-02-2005 21:23:11

I found her behavior rude and inappropriate. She jumped to conclusions, and assumed that the "racist" comments were directed at her when they were really just a guy messing around in a laid-back chatroom. I think that if you join a new community, such as a forum or chatroom, you should lurk for a long time to get a feel for how the conversation goes so that you do not become a hindrance. She decided to take something innocent as a personal attack, and when that attack was directed at a moderator who [ibd79e5b365]tried to appease her AND raised her karma[/ibd79e5b365] he rightly banned her, and did so without being rude or cussing in the way that she did in the chatroom. I stand behind CG's decision to ban her.

For crying out loud, it's an IRC chatroom. NOBODY in their right mind takes ANYTHING on IRC seriously. It's just a recipe for disaster. I'm not going to close this thread, but please add something to the conversation if you want to reply. Posts of just "i'll miss you" or "good riddance" don't contribute.

Stroid

15-02-2005 21:29:41

I like amaivis i talk to her all the time but i support the Admin on this as well. We cannot allow bashing of the moderators by any means CG and I have bant people for not following rules and disrespect before and will do it again. It takes alot of work to keep this forum operating it hasnt gotten this big without good moderators. We understand that people liked amaivis but unfortunatly we cant bring her back after this. Please people dont take things to personally on the internet again its just the internet.

Narakukuku

15-02-2005 21:34:07

That's fair enough. She should have handled herself better.
This is going off on a tangent but if it the case that someone made a joke about "chinks" I just ask, when is it ever the case that it is okay to use racial epithets for the sake of "humor" at all?
This is something I just never got.

Admin

15-02-2005 21:37:56

Frankly, it's not ok on here, but it's really common on IRC and I'll admit that I usually just let it go. It's a losing battle; and the people who say it are not serious the vast majority of the time.

Stroid

15-02-2005 21:41:41

Its not ok by anymeans but also alot of people on IRC are 13 and have no idea on how to be respectful to others. People are imature and stupid and its the internet lets not let them get the best of us.

phorty

15-02-2005 21:46:15

Rude and inappropriate? Yes.
Did she jump to conclusions? Sure did.
Did she take something serious in an IRC chat room? You betcha'.
But than again someone took some meager insults just as serious...in the forums.

The point is, for a mistake, this is a hard price to pay.
And to act as if what happened is irrelevant, is nonsense, hell, she has a right to be offended in the presence of racism directed towards her culture.
I don't know anyone in their right mind who wouldn't be as well.
Laid back or not, if she felt the need/urge to vent, than that shouldn't be held against her besides, who takes anything in an IRC serious? right?

Oh and by the way, "jokes" are only viable if both parties are mutually agreeing upon them, content wise, etc. - otherwise their insults.

So, she got angry, a little mad, misdirected some anger, made a mistake, and than whoops, stepped on the wrong persons toe and now shes gone.

C'mon guys. This isn't right, and you know it, no one NEEDS to apologies, it was all just a giant misunderstanding.

Think of it like this, the admin acknowledged the viewers that do indeed lurk through these forums, they examine and observe every little as well as big squabble and feud, they laugh with our jokes and get excited along with us whenever someone receives somethings new from Gratis,OC, or wherever.

Now for a moment, consider just what kind of an example we are setting here. We basically just publicly shot down an active member( of 664 posts!) for making a mistake.

CG i know you couldn't have taken it to the heart, that much!

This forum is all about connecting people of the same interests and desires (to get free stuff!) , as well as to help.

She wasn't a nuisance. She did help. She was interesting to have around. She didn't do anything wrong she just made a mistake, bottom line!

Don't we, the contributers & members have a say in this?

Vote her back in...
http//www.freeipodguide.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6417

Stroid

15-02-2005 21:51:26

I dont want her gone either but she lashed out against a moderator and that is unexcpetable... people have made direct insults on this forum about my culture but i overlooked it....i may look white but my background isnt i just brushed it off and sometimes thats what you have to do

Admin

15-02-2005 21:54:13

[quote71df93236a]Oh and by the way, "jokes" are only viable if both parties are mutually agreeing upon them, content wise, etc. - otherwise their insults. [/quote71df93236a]

Since she was new to the chatroom and jumped into the conversation without lurking, I think that it wasn't directed at her, because she wasn't a party to the discussion taking place at the time.

And her 'misdirected anger' was lireallyli misdirected, since she publicly accused a moderator of doing something he didn't do, and then insulted him. Frankly I think CG kept his cool extremely well. I would have reacted differently. She, and everyone else here, is a guest of these forums. Your continued stay here is a priveldge, not a right, and is revokable at any time, for any reason. We, the staff, work here all the time to keep this place at least somewhat sane. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes. So, when CG does nothing but help her, and then is insulted for his efforts, I say he is more than justified in banning her. Being an admin or mod is a thankless job 99% of the time, so even if people are going to be assholes, and spammers, and cheaters, and frauders, and ban evaders, the least we can expect is the merest bit of respect from people who have established themselves as contributing members of the forums or chatroom.

Besides, setting all of this aside, being such a jerk to a moderator on almost ANY forum or chatroom will get you banned very quickly. Go ahead, try it.

Stroid

15-02-2005 21:58:37

[quoted270ca78c5="Admin"]
Besides, setting all of this aside, being such a jerk to a moderator on almost ANY forum or chatroom will get you banned very quickly. Go ahead, try it.[/quoted270ca78c5]

LOL aint that the truth! D

FreeOffersNow

15-02-2005 22:03:03

I was not involved in the events that led up to her ban, but I have to agree with the admin and moderators here. As an administrator of my own forums, I can certainly understand where admin is coming from. I put time and money into providing a place to build a community for everyone to enjoy, and I expect, at the very least, that community to be free of slanderous and inflammatory statements about myself, or those I have appointed as moderators. Really, there shouldn't be anything to discuss here. The admin and moderators have the right to allow, restrict, or completely deny, access to anyone they choose, for any reason they see fit. Throw into the mix that this is not her first "offense," her ban is no more than fit punishment.

phorty

15-02-2005 22:03:15

[quote87106325d6="Admin"]
She, and everyone else here, is a guest of these forums. Your continued stay here is a priveldge, not a right, and is [b87106325d6]revokable at any time[/b87106325d6], [b87106325d6]for [u87106325d6]any[/u87106325d6] reason[/b87106325d6]. .[/quote87106325d6]

Well now. Isn't that just wonderful?

The banning was wrong.Period. IT WAS A MISTAKE. I'm sure she'd apologize or correct herself if she could.

Admin

15-02-2005 22:07:59

Whether or not the ban was "wrong" by anyone's standards is irrelevent here. The way this happened is and always has been the policy of these forums, and I don't see it changing any time in the future. Nobody is forcing you to be here, phorty, and if you disagree strongly with the way we run things here, you are free to leave. If you want, I can make it so you have an extended vacation, just in case you change your mind later.

Oh, and she's been in the chatroom all this time. You're sure she'd apologize, eh? Here's what she's been saying

[2114] «amaivs» well i'd love to be a part of the kkk with ya'll but i can't.
[2114] «amaivs» its not my thing
[2114] «amaivs» my mom taught me better.

[2131] «amaivs» i hope u guys dont have the same attitude online offline
[2131] «amaivs» its assbeating time.

[2131] «amaivs» take a stroll in compton
[2131] «amaivs» with ur attitudes.
[2131] «moses1» i live in compton
[2131] «amaivs» hahahahaahaa
[2131] «amaivs» WHAT A VIEW
[2131] «moses1» yeah
[2131] «moses1» a black man in compton
[2131] «moses1» best view ever.
[2132] «amaivs» no .. white bodies dead on chalk
[2132] «amaivs» BOO YA BITCHES
[2132] «amaivs» im racist now
[2132] «amaivs» honkeys
[2132] lilili amaivs (fgdfg@=C427-46-370-398.mpls.qwest.net) quit (QUIT)

Doesn't seem much like apologizing to me.

Tholek

16-02-2005 01:57:12

Funny enough, I don't know how I feel about her being gone.....

She's one of those people that like to push your buttons, and get a reaction out of you, either good or bad. Attention starved, is how I'd describe her.

But still, we don't have to be her boyfriend. This is a messageboard, where you can always pass over what you don't like, and [id480500386]still[/id480500386] use the board. (I know that has nothing to do with her conduct in the chatroom, though)

In a way, I'll miss her....being on her hitlist was like being in an exclusive club. )

Then again, I may be a masochist.... D

mistwolf

16-02-2005 02:18:00

[quotedc3c39ebfe="phorty"]

Well now. Isn't that just wonderful?

The banning was wrong.Period. IT WAS A MISTAKE. I'm sure she'd apologize or correct herself if she could.[/quotedc3c39ebfe]

No, the banning wasn't wrong. If you go into a nightclub, get in an argument with a patron, then spout off at the bouncer who tries to settle things down... What do you think happens to you?

CollidgeGraduit

16-02-2005 04:06:08

She also IM'ed me, asking to be unbanned. Apparently, she holds a grudge on me for giving her -30 karma, in response to her saying she was a Packer fan. Yes, that is her reasoning for calling me a "BIAS MODERATOR". I put her karma back up in the positives, and told her if she was willing to make a post saying that she jumped to conclusions by assuming I deleted her thread, I could unban her. That wasn't good enough for her, she decided the negative karma issue was just unforgivable, and she kept ranting and raving at me over AIM. I was more than willing to give her another chance, but I don't think me settling it quickly and peacefully was what she wanted. She seems to feed off drama.

I don't condone racism or racist jokes. However, if you can't handle some racist comments in a chatroom, you're going to need some thicker skin.

cnjax

16-02-2005 05:30:58

The racist comments were wrong, my opinion is she should have not been banned.

CollidgeGraduit

16-02-2005 06:14:10

I offered to unban her, with the condition that she'd drop the grievance she had with me because of the negative karma situation. I really don't need to put up with someone blaming me for every little negative thing that happens to them.

The bouncer analogy is perfect. If someone says something that offends you at a bar, and the bouncer comes to break it up, you can't expect to spit in the bouncer's face and not get thrown out.

EatChex89

16-02-2005 08:04:05

eh just forget about the whole thing.. chances are if we let her back that she'll get mad about smoething again.. this has happened more than once, as offers said about her saying to 'fuck these bias mods'... so yea..

it's happened more than once.

phorty

16-02-2005 12:24:06

[quote881ad09d34="CollidgeGraduit"]
The bouncer analogy is perfect. If someone says something that offends you at a bar, and the bouncer comes to break it up, you can't expect to spit in the bouncer's face and not get thrown out.[/quote881ad09d34]

yes. it was quite perfect except for one prime flaw.
in reality, this wouldn't have happened, that wouldn't have been the case and she wouldn't have had to or even been considered a candidate for such a severe and final punishment.

Its common courtesy/etiquette that a contributor ( for after all when breaking 600 posts/visits you are no longer a patron) would have been dealt with in a different form and fashion. Its as simple as that.

oh how would i know that?

I do because my uncle owns three nightclubs all across the tri-state area.
And to think that he would publicly ban a contributor of 600+ visits for one mistake is ridiculous.

And as for the boyfriend comment... shock ...clever.
Yep, thats exactly what I'm trying to do. You caught me. Its that amazing insightful wisdom that you posses that lead you to that conclusion huh?

All sarcastic/cynical posts/replies aside, this is what this really was all about...

So what is it all about ?
Whats the point? Why continue to discuss this after the admin himself stated that she will not be reinstated no matter what?

The point (my point) is that if a member of [b881ad09d34]six hundred[/b881ad09d34] + posts can just be done away with after contributing for so long, just as the result of a misdirected comment/mistake is pathetic.Its wrong.
We the forum users and patrons (who support this site either directly or indirectly) should have a say in this, because as much as you have perfected the essence of running things from behind the scenes, we keep this all afloat by our continued participation and involvement as well as time investment's into this forum.

I'm stressing the principle of this matter here.

Now, it has been brought to my attention that she is a particularly difficult person to bargain/deal with, and i say this as a result of CG's posts about trying to resolve the issue( which i do hold to be true).
But hopefully in time we will all just settle this matter some way and in a mutually agreeable fashion too.

On a side note
the admin as well as some of the mods (CG, stroid- to name a few) have been exceptionally instrumental and in my opinion a great demonstration of how to wield power (for the most part) in this debate. Kudos.

8)

Stroid

16-02-2005 12:41:03

Phorty just to let you know that i talk to amaivis on aim all the time and i have no problem with her. We wield power because it is our job to install some sort of authority to maintain a comfortable atmosphere for people in the forum. If this offends you so much you have the power to leave and not return... I encourage debates and actually enjoy them but you are beating a dead horse. If no one is going to wield power then what will happen...thats like saying the U.S. not using its Homogenous powers to protect innocent civilians this in essence is what we are doing trying to maintain stability and respect for the forum and its members.

thomas moore

16-02-2005 12:49:11

my questions have been answered.. cry wink

CollidgeGraduit

16-02-2005 13:23:10

I feel I was completely justified, and my mind isn't going to change just because some people want her back. She's been a pain for a while, and her post (along with bugging me on AIM) was the last straw.

It'd be nice if you guys took into account the fact that she has bashed me by blaming me for any negative thing that happened to here on here and harassed me on AIM (including digging around online for my personal information and pictures, then hassling me about it).

Tholek

16-02-2005 14:07:17

CG, there's no need to defend yourself. Those who read the thread understand, and those who object had their say.

Time to lock the thread, and move on...

gman225

16-02-2005 14:58:20

No offense meant to anyone, but I personally don't give a shit. If whoever this was did something that warranted a ban, then accept it. I remember her cussing out all the mods on here a few days ago, so if they felt she was out of line, they have the right to get rid of her. It's not a big deal.

Narakukuku

16-02-2005 15:02:04

Well rip amaivs.
I don't think we can exhaust this topic any further.

phorty

16-02-2005 16:12:49

By the comment i made earlier about wielding power...it was sincere comment. i thought you guys handled the situation very well.

Besides stroid and CG are some of my favorite people on this board.

by the way....completely unrelated....what does the uhm...forum name exactly mean/stand for stroid? Kinda been curious P 8)

Stroid

16-02-2005 16:15:51

Its really random actually some in 8th grade called me astroid thats nowhere near my realy name and since then people called me stroid. Very random.

phorty

16-02-2005 16:17:54

shock

wow,...i...uh...didnt expect that one lol lol lol

bigboy106

16-02-2005 16:18:59

is your head shaped like an astroid? do you like the game astroids?

Stroid

16-02-2005 16:26:23

[quote90c021f558="bigboy106"]is your head shaped like an astroid? do you like the game astroids?[/quote90c021f558][/size90c021f558][/size90c021f558] No its the guy that said is your name astroid was drunk or something i have no idea were the hell he got that from.