THE SOPRANOS. who's going to miss it like me? {Spoiler?}

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63841

chrome89k

05-06-2007 19:53:16

Its the week before the final episode... an im starting to feel a little depressed that the show is going to be gone forever...

the show this past sunday was indeed INTENSE...

you've really got to be following the show from the beginning for it to hit hard...

this episode i was really on the edge of my seat not knowing if someone was going to wack Tony around every corner...

Arite... so lets get some predictions on what happens next sunday on the final episode...

does tony live?
Is paulie a traitor?
Is it going to be an awesome gun battle?
I want to see Tony's son help out...
How hot was Tony's Ex GF... lol

[b6cfde9115d]WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!![/b6cfde9115d]

patrick_7412

05-06-2007 20:01:20

Eh, I watch it here and there, so probably not. I will indeed say it's a good show, but I'm not gonna get all depressed or sad about it leaving.

[bc0d33b1a69]- Patrick[/bc0d33b1a69]

justinag06

05-06-2007 20:08:15

I will be pretty upset. I was talking with a friend recently about how HBO is going to be in a shithole soon with Rome, The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Curb all finishing up within a year of each other. That only leaves Big love(which is great) and entourage, but then they showed that ad before the sopranos and announced like 7 new shows so I was kinda blown away.

what ex of tony's are you talking about?

Kidd

05-06-2007 20:19:31

entourage and curb your enthusiasm are still amazing

Big War Bird

05-06-2007 20:20:20

I never watched Soprano's until I got netflix through trading here. I'm almost done with the 5th season now. It really is the kind of show that you will miss.

chrome89k

05-06-2007 20:32:23

you really get so connected to the character... i dont want to ruin it for anyone watching the seasons through... but you do miss certain ones when they are gone...

dead wood is AMAZING as well...

the riches is halarious

doylnea

05-06-2007 21:25:58

fwiw, I'm a huge fan of Sopranos, though I'm only half-way through the 5th season. I added the Spoiler tag to the title.

theysayjump

05-06-2007 21:31:50

I'm not reading any of the posts in this thread because I've probably only seen about 4 episodes of The Sopranos and I intend to start watching them from the beginning.

downthesun

05-06-2007 21:33:01

i dont watch the show at all, never got into it, but they did film part of the episodes in my town -D

hehehhehe

05-06-2007 21:37:39

[quote2e60a7c839="theysayjump"]I'm not reading any of the posts in this thread because I've probably only seen about 4 episodes of The Sopranos and I intend to start watching them from the beginning.[/quote2e60a7c839]
Me too. I've only seen the first episode but I'm going to start watching it soon.

justinag06

05-06-2007 21:44:14

It truly is unlike any other show on TV. The character development, acting, and writing is all top notch. Each episode is like a little 1 hour movie. The show gets better as it moves along

Tholek

06-06-2007 00:43:18

Never seen it. ;)

aviendha47

06-06-2007 01:14:31

I'd never watched it until it came out on A&E not too long ago. No HBO in my future.

chrome89k

06-06-2007 03:52:36

i just woke up and noticed that this thread was different lol... thought i was going crazy...

ok... one question.... has anyone seen the episode where two of tony's guys go out into the woods to hunt down the two russion mafia guys... something like that...

it's the funniest episode and i want to know what it is to i can download it or something to watch again... it was one of those episodes way back

+kma for anyone who knows )

dmorris68

06-06-2007 06:33:58

I've seen every episode and if it wasn't so expensive I'd buy the entire DVD collection. I still might anyway. One of the best shows ever, and I too will miss it dearly. There are liveryli few shows that I watch regularly, and this was one of them.

A&E runs the old shows, they started with S1E1 awhile back and as far as I know are playing them pretty much in order. They're slightly censored but being A&E aren't totally censored like they would be on the broadcast networks.

doylnea

06-06-2007 07:12:02

[quote8b4fd90d47="chrome89k"]i just woke up and noticed that this thread was different lol... thought i was going crazy...

ok... one question.... has anyone seen the episode where two of tony's guys go out into the woods to hunt down the two russion mafia guys... something like that...

it's the funniest episode and i want to know what it is to i can download it or something to watch again... it was one of those episodes way back

+kma for anyone who knows )[/quote8b4fd90d47]

"Pine Barrens" is the episode.
http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Barrens_(The_Sopranos_episode)

gmario

06-06-2007 07:58:24

The last episode on Sunday was off the chain!!!!! Can't wait for the grand season finally o

justinag06

06-06-2007 09:27:39

pine barrons is a great episode. I think my personal favorite is the one where Ralphie is obsessed with the movie Gladiator.

Yeah on A&E you hardly miss a beat. A lot of friggin'/freakin' in stead of fuckin'. No nudity, shorter sex scenes but thats about it, they leave in the violence and the drugs for the most part. I don't think they edit for time either as each episode runs 115.

chrome89k

06-06-2007 17:03:12

[quotea2365b7f97="doylnea"][quotea2365b7f97="chrome89k"]i just woke up and noticed that this thread was different lol... thought i was going crazy...

+kma for anyone who knows )[/quotea2365b7f97]

"Pine Barrens" is the episode.
http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Barrens_(The_Sopranos_episode)[/quotea2365b7f97]

thanks so much... +kma

aviendha47

06-06-2007 19:11:15

The Pine Barrens episode is on tonight on A&E

chrome89k

06-06-2007 19:34:56

watching it right now... thanks

what a coincidence that its on so soon after i asked )

Just finished it... it wasnt the funny episode in the woods with the russians '(

jy3

09-06-2007 15:39:07

so back to predictions. i have been saying all season, and i may have said it on this board, that the entire show has predicted that AJ will take over his fathers position in some way.
SO many parallels between tony and AJ.
AJs behavior of late foreshadows him following in his dads footsteps.
both have depression
both have seen even things done at the hands of their father
both have panic attacks
both have insecurities
both dabbled in petty crime
both are fiercely loyal to immediate family
both manipulate others well
so what will happen?
phil will have tony killed and tony will die or be seriously hurt
AJ will avenge his fathers death and thru that become part of the nj mob.

an interesting thing is that the role of dreams for tony has not come to fruition yet. every time something happens to or tony needs to make an important decision he has a dream/vision. this has not happened yet

justinag06

09-06-2007 16:16:22

OK I think you are WAY off about AJ. I've heard people say this before, and it's semi logical to assume the first born of a mafiosa would be in line to join, but it in no way fits into the scope of what we have seen in 86 episodes.

AJ is in no way like his father I think if anything the past 4 weeks have shown that. He thought he had to kill his uncle, but he couldn't do it. He hung around with some wise guys but couldn't stand hurting people, he is the opposite of tony. They both may have panic attacks, and suffer from depression but I'm drawing the line there. You even can see how disappointed tony is with him, he doesn't relate to AJ in any way.

I could see meadow taking over that role before AJ. She has that killer instinct that tony has, and the ability to rise to the moment.

I am not sure when AJ was dabbling in petty crime...

Throwing a high school party?
Trying to run a club?
Taking movie posters from a blockbuster garbage dump to sell to someone?
Hanging out with some young bookies as they rough some people up?

The last one is the only one that is even close to anything in the mafia, and we saw AJ have problems with that. He wasn't leading the charge, or participating in the violence, he struggled to even deal with the fact they beat up that African kid and destroyed his bike.

jy3

09-06-2007 19:52:59

roughing someone up is different from cutting off someone's toes
roughing someone up is different from standing by and at first cheering it on and then being revolted by the beating of a guy on a bike.
this defines petty crime

his development over the last season like you have described including the psychiatric decompensation is suggestive of the opposite of what you say. it is his transformation into his father. similar to the classic werewolf movies, his transformation is painful and not what he wants...i am having a hard time explaining this...

tony is being portrayed as a tragic hero of sorts...

i am not saying this will happen but it may

i agree with what u said about meadow.

chrome89k

09-06-2007 20:42:44

honestly i think tony is just going to straight up Fli up phil, and paulie is going to go down with flying colors

OR

tony is going to go down with flying colors, and PHIL is going to be the new leader

justinag06

10-06-2007 10:02:56

[quoted891a61fd1="jy3"]roughing someone up is different from cutting off someone's toes
roughing someone up is different from standing by and at first cheering it on and then being revolted by the beating of a guy on a bike.
this defines petty crime

his development over the last season like you have described including the psychiatric decompensation is suggestive of the opposite of what you say. it is his transformation into his father. similar to the classic werewolf movies, his transformation is painful and not what he wants...i am having a hard time explaining this...

tony is being portrayed as a tragic hero of sorts...

i am not saying this will happen but it may

i agree with what u said about meadow.[/quoted891a61fd1]

interesting take, I still respectfully disagree with you on it. That explanation makes it a little easier to understand though. I still think AJ's taking part in the violence on the two men was more a subject of group behavior, and not indicative of anything that gave him pleasure or satisfaction.

Also I think tony has lost the tragic hero/anti hero tag, he is just a villain now. From the start of this 2nd half everything he has done has been totally self centered and now moreso then ever before. It started with his fight with bobby, to the numerous times we saw him cheating, to when he almost killed paulie, then had the feud with Hesh over the gambling debt, leading up to the big moment with chris.

I think most of us could have accepted everything up to that point, but the show did a great job of making chris into a tragic hero. I still root for Tony, but now I won't care what happens to him.

jy3

10-06-2007 10:14:32

regardless of what we think we will happen i cannot wait )

i think that the fall of tony as a tragic hero has been set up. he has always been a villain. he is a hero because people love his character. he has flaws, of course. he has turned to tragedy because
1. his son has become what he never wanted him to be - his psychiatric twin
2. his daughter is straying from what he wanted her to do - meadow becoming a doctor undues all the evil that tony has done. thru meadow he redeems his prior violence. now that meadow is not going to be a doctor this is, in a way, a personal failure
3. his psychiatrist has abandoned him - in other words, his support has been lost
4. his closest men have been killed or maimed
5. he has been unable to control his inner drives (the gambling is worse than ever, he struck carmella, he beat the crap out of phils guy who told meadow she has cum on her face)
6. he is unable to protect his family from his work life
7. he killed his son-like figure christopher, in what could be seen as an opportunity taken advantage of OR an act of mercy by ending christophers suffering
8. his mistake was long ago, it was never acknowledging christophers loss and sacrifice when he had to let the family kill his fiancee - this snowballed into chris becoming a tragic hero which will eventually lead to tonys downfall

i cannot wait for 2nite

booklover1104

10-06-2007 10:21:31

It almost seemed as if AJ "got off" on the toe cutting incident, in a way. One of the few times in recent episodes that he showed some life rather than the lethargic, self-involved mess he has become. Tony's end is coming (either way), so AJ's progression this past season could be a way to show Tony's beginnings rather than with a lot of annoying flashbacks.

shortys408

10-06-2007 11:11:33

maybe phil comes out on top and that ends the show the sopranos and they will start a show called "the leotardos". im sure that will never happen.

chrome89k

10-06-2007 12:02:18

[quotec22045878d="shortys408"]maybe phil comes out on top and that ends the show the sopranos and they will start a show called "the leotardos". im sure that will never happen.[/quotec22045878d]

lmao... thats actually pretty interesting... as simple as it sounds...

i dont think anyone wants to see this show go... so maybe they will come out with some little spin off

jy3

10-06-2007 17:17:47

only 30 minutes away!

YourGiftsFree

10-06-2007 17:35:36

Woo!

Wolfeman

10-06-2007 17:41:35

8 min!!!!

shortys408

10-06-2007 17:43:18

yeehaw!

Wolfeman

10-06-2007 17:45:36

I'm going to do live updates as the madness happens...

shortys408

10-06-2007 17:50:42

im tellin u, hbos new series, the leotardos, coming spring 08.

Wolfeman

10-06-2007 17:51:42

I'm actually pretty sad right now. I'll miss Tony...

shortys408

10-06-2007 17:54:45

ill miss the bing.

Wolfeman

10-06-2007 17:55:50

Its ON!!! Last time we'll hear the theme song (

Wolfeman

10-06-2007 18:13:11

AJ is pretty retarded...

shortys408

10-06-2007 18:25:56

the cat is gona kill tony

shortys408

10-06-2007 18:33:10

bye bye phi, and bye bye the leotardos spring 08

Wolfeman

10-06-2007 18:33:45

HOLY FUCK!

Wolfeman

10-06-2007 18:52:46

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!#(li$li(@$li@li($@@

shortys408

10-06-2007 18:53:52

so nothings wrong with my tv?

Wolfeman

10-06-2007 18:54:43

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

YourGiftsFree

10-06-2007 18:59:07

[quote516e756a34="Wolfeman"]WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[/quote516e756a34]

QFT...

manOFice

10-06-2007 18:59:51

[quote4c46d81bff="YourGiftsFree"][quote4c46d81bff="Wolfeman"]WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[/quote4c46d81bff]

QFT...[/quote4c46d81bff]

quit surfing and do more crediting lol lol

jy3

10-06-2007 19:00:54

holy cock tease...
so was the guy gonna whack him with help from the 2 guys who walked in after him
was the guy gonna arrest him
is meadow pregnant

jy3

10-06-2007 19:04:48

oh and i was wrong, lol

justinag06

10-06-2007 19:20:23

is meadow pregnant? I must have missed that...

I think the creater is having a laugh at anyone trying to predict what was "going to happen" there at the end. I seriously doubt that was the soprano's immenent demise, and he was just playing up on all of our expectations. I gotta say I loved agent harris coming through sleeping with the informant for tony. And the look on his face when he heard phil was whacked.
"we're going to win this thing yet!!"

[quotefd4b5efac6="Wolfeman"]Its ON!!! Last time we'll hear the theme song ([/quotefd4b5efac6]

(

I was pretty sad too when it came on, even though it ended pretty happily for all involved considering the circumstances of the past few episodes.

as much as I hate to say it, they really did leave it open for a movie too. Sil isn't dead, paulie is around, tony is still the boss of NY. I doubt the movie ever happens though

dmorris68

10-06-2007 19:49:10

Tony's the boss of NJ, not NY. ;)

Gotta say I was a bit... disappointed. After 7 years and 6 seasons, it ends like that? I was glad to see Phil whacked, but expected more. There were just so many loose ends left that it would seem apparent they're putting the show in the vault for awhile, waiting to bring it out again either via a movie or a spin-off series later on.

[b1d19445e25]EDIT[/b1d19445e25] And yeah, I was about to get seriously upset when I thought my DVR had screwed up at the end. I have it scheduled to record every episode but intended to watch tonight's live, but didn't get started until about 5 minutes in -- so I was chasing the live show from about 5 minutes behind, and thought the DVR scheduler had screwed something up and clipped the end. I thought my head was going to explode when the credits finally appeared. lol

chrome89k

10-06-2007 21:17:51

[quote437b5d1e61="dmorris68"]Tony's the boss of NJ, not NY. ;)

Gotta say I was a bit... disappointed. After 7 years and 6 seasons, it ends like that? I was glad to see Phil whacked, but expected more. There were just so many loose ends left that it would seem apparent they're putting the show in the vault for awhile, waiting to bring it out again either via a movie or a spin-off series later on.

[b437b5d1e61]EDIT[/b437b5d1e61] And yeah, I was about to get seriously upset when I thought my DVR had screwed up at the end. I have it scheduled to record every episode but intended to watch tonight's live, but didn't get started until about 5 minutes in -- so I was chasing the live show from about 5 minutes behind, and thought the DVR scheduler had screwed something up and clipped the end. I thought my head was going to explode when the credits finally appeared. lol[/quote437b5d1e61]

LMAOOOO i thought my DVR fucked up also... i looked at my mother and started cursing up a storm and threw the remote.... then i saw the credits........................... and continued to rampage through my house...

i dont like teasers like that...

BUT it does leave u thinking... killed or arrested?

was a pretty dramatic ending though even though we dont know exactly what happened...

where have i seen the guy who walked into the bathroom before?
do you think the black guys have anything to do with the suspense?

shortys408

10-06-2007 21:35:42

i think the cat killed him. that was a funny cat.

Wolfeman

11-06-2007 03:35:48

I feel like it was a bad dream that they ended it like that. Really poor of them...

YourGiftsFree

11-06-2007 04:32:50

The cast was watching it at the hard rock live with the fans (in FL.) Wonder what happened there...

chrome89k

11-06-2007 05:18:47

[quote5fff972e75="YourGiftsFree"]The cast was watching it at the hard rock live with the fans (in FL.) Wonder what happened there...[/quote5fff972e75]

my grandmother lives in the area... she was trying to go see... ill keep ya guys posted about it... all i know so far is that they set up a HUGE dining area for dinner, and they watched the season finale from some HUGE tv there

booklover1104

11-06-2007 05:51:29

Yeah...in Tampa. I don't know of anyone who actually got in, but I'll admit we never really tried...we're only 30 minutes away, but I'm sure it was CRAZY over there and I doubt they were letting random people in.

chrome89k

11-06-2007 12:50:59

ok... my grandmother goes to get her hair cut in the hard rock... she saw

she said it is decorated like an italian wedding... alot of white colors
there is food for people who go. they are serving sausage and peppers to everyone.
they all sat down at a HUGE dining table.

thats all she saw while she was there