Paypal question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63445

Bentley

31-05-2007 01:05:30

Well paypal has decided to "part ways with me", I was wondering if there was another way to make a PP account and not have it frozen. I asked if I could and they said it would be linked and they would freeze it. Man I'm sick of these assholes but they have the market cornered. I'm trying to get back into the freebie scene and I want to sell several things in the for sale forum.

aviendha47

31-05-2007 01:46:49

What's the problem with paypal, why are they freezing your accounts? Is it something you can't just work out somehow? I don't see how you could make another account unless it has completely different information not tying it to you or your old account in any way.

patrick_7412

31-05-2007 01:52:21

Call 'em up and have a nice chat with them. Keep at it until you win, because it seems like PayPal's motto is "The Customer Is Always Right"...so I wish you the best of luck )

Other than that, you will need to make a new PayPal with completely different info, or use a friend's. shrug

Bentley

31-05-2007 02:01:36

I called them and they guy couldn't even figure out why they did that he thought it was a mistake and said the limitation team would e-mail me within 24 hours. So they e-mail me saying they have decided to part ways with me of course LIKE ALWAYS they can't even tell you what you did wrong and instead gave me a list of things I could have done wrong. I even called to see if anyone can tell me what I did wrong and the guy just read that stupid list to me I received on the e-mail. I have had so many bad experiences with Paypal but as far as online money transfers I don't have much of a choice to use any other service especially in the freebie scene. I was on the phone with them for over an hour had to get transfered 3 times its just I'm over it.

TFOAF

31-05-2007 03:58:11

Shit. How long have you had the account for?

I better transfer my funds to my bank account, lol.

givmea1032

31-05-2007 09:09:34

There's always Obopay.... It seems to be growing in popularity. Did you lose your funds or did you even have any?

Bentley

31-05-2007 14:25:43

[quotea11459dc20="givmea1032"]There's always Obopay.... It seems to be growing in popularity. Did you lose your funds or did you even have any?[/quotea11459dc20]

I only had 74 cents but they said I can use that money to repay people I owe money (which I don't owe anyone money) or I could wait 180 days and they will send me a check. I have had this accounts for almost 2 years it sucks!! So does anyone know anything I can do?

cubbieco

31-05-2007 17:03:21

Outside of doing some major kissing up it looks like you might be SOL. I would guess you're not married or you could use your wife's name. You might try your parents.

Paypal like most companies is not required to do business with anybody so if they don't want to do business with you and its not discrimination then there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Bentley

31-05-2007 17:34:42

[quote2773ec729a="cubbieco"]Outside of doing some major kissing up it looks like you might be SOL. I would guess you're not married or you could use your wife's name. You might try your parents.

Paypal like most companies is not required to do business with anybody so if they don't want to do business with you and its not discrimination then there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.[/quote2773ec729a]

So if I can simply use my wife or parents name I can easily get around this by using another name? I thought they may track it by IP address or something.

patrick_7412

31-05-2007 18:01:27

I'm pretty sure they track by IP address', but that doesn't matter for them as far as I know. I have a friend who did this exact same thing, and he has been fine. I would just recommend using a close friends though that you can TRUST...

cubbieco

31-05-2007 22:27:16

[quotedaca6e7db7="Bentley"][quotedaca6e7db7="cubbieco"]Outside of doing some major kissing up it looks like you might be SOL. I would guess you're not married or you could use your wife's name. You might try your parents.

Paypal like most companies is not required to do business with anybody so if they don't want to do business with you and its not discrimination then there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.[/quotedaca6e7db7]

So if I can simply use my wife or parents name I can easily get around this by using another name? I thought they may track it by IP address or something.[/quotedaca6e7db7]

Just power cycle your modem so your ip changes.