Help me find a good VGA (brand) cable. +KRM

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=62704

mistertomlinson

22-05-2007 00:49:13

I just bought a Monster brand DVI to HDMI cable to hook my MacBook Pro to my 50" Samsung plasma, even though the manual says the HDMI port does not support PC input. The TV does however have a PC (VGA) input, but HDMI was far too tempting, so I got the cable regardless.

Anyway, I hooked it up and after fooling with the settings... blah blah blah, I don't get the desired results. To make a long story short, I have read that simply using a VGA cable would have solved all problems... the resolution wouldn't need adjustments, I wouldn't have overscan/underscan issues and so on.

The problem is, I don't know which brand to trust. I hear a lot of complaints about "poor shielding" and "ghosting," and understand Monster makes a fine cable, but their only VGA cable is 6 feet long, which is not enough. I was looking for a 15 ft... again, I don't know what brand to choose and know nothing of their quality. Does anyone know a particular brand of VGA cable I should buy?

Thanks for any help.

moviemadnessman

22-05-2007 01:00:26

I have a friend who purchased this cable a couple of months ago, and he hasn't had any problems with it (that I know about, anyways) 25' VGA Cable (Belkin)

I don't know if this would work for your needs, but like I said, my friend uses it and it hasn't given him any trouble. Hope this helps )

doylnea

22-05-2007 05:01:43

www.monoprice.com

mistertomlinson

22-05-2007 05:17:16

[quote825c3d0378="doylnea"]www.monoprice.com[/quote825c3d0378]

I ran into them in my searches, but was a little skeptical of the quality of cables seeing as how the prices are so low. Do you know anything about their products?

CollidgeGraduit

22-05-2007 05:31:08

[quotec76f0733cc="mistertomlinson"][quotec76f0733cc="doylnea"]www.monoprice.com[/quotec76f0733cc]

I ran into them in my searches, but was a little skeptical of the quality of cables seeing as how the prices are so low. Do you know anything about their products?[/quotec76f0733cc]

They've received rave reviews from everyone I've talked to about cables. I bought a long S-video cable for streaming video from my PC to TV, as well as a component video cable for my DVD player, and both are great quality. I plan on using them for all my cable needs in the future.

dmorris68

22-05-2007 06:15:04

Monoprice is top-notch. Their premium grade cables are built [ibcfd53b5d9]better[/ibcfd53b5d9] than Monster and most boutique brand cables. With any expensive cable, you're paying for their names, not their cable quality, which is no better than decently made cheap cables.

gafdpc

22-05-2007 12:58:30

Go with Monoprice. I've bought maybe a dozen cables from them and all have been top-notch.

mistertomlinson

22-05-2007 13:54:55

Damn... thanks everyone for your help. This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started this thread. I'll be going with monoprice andI'll be giving all of you +KRM as soon as I can.