valentines day

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6268

stiles05s

12-02-2005 17:49:30

I'm not a huge fan of the holiday, but the girls don't seem to feel the same. my girl is working on Monday but shes got part of the night off, I'm wondering if dinner and a movie is to typical? what else is there to do? sex doesn't count, thats what every other day is for, jk. wink

Godrockdj

12-02-2005 20:46:52

From a girls point of view -

Hey, it's great that you're thinking about it and want to make the effort. Right there you're already ahead of some guys ) Now your girl may be different, but I think for a majority of women, yes, it would be kind of too typical to just do that. IMHO, you can do that all the time, it's not very special. But that is not an end-all. You could make it work, ie going to see a romantic type movie (Phantom of the Opera could work very well if she is into that kind of stuff!). But more likely than not you'll want to do something else. So here are some suggestions I thought of off the top of my head -

- Do you live in a nice climate? Pack a basket dinner, drive out somewhere pretty where there aren't too mant people, and enjoy a romantic dinner
- Take her to a show/theatere/opera viewing. You might hate it, but it could score you some major brownie points ;)
- Surprise her with something that did not necessarily take a lot of money but a lot of thought/effort, ie she comes home and discovers you have completely cleaned her apartment
- A romantic night at home. Music, flowers, lighting, the whole thing. Dinner cooked by you. A nice dvd, wine glasses. Great if you are the stay at home types.
- Are you near a city? Work with that! Go for a horse driven carriage ride! Or near the country? Do something under the stars! Could be beautiful
- Just be creative, and she should love it! -D