Doing greens for people who pay on approval sucks!!!!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=62404

bjchipp

17-05-2007 15:19:00

Is there a way to tell if someone was approved on a site? On my very first trade I made the mistake of going green before I knew the terms of the trade. When I told that person of my green status, they told me that pay was on approval. It's now been almost 3 weeks and they only needed 2 more referrals!! When I contact that person they get mad and tell me not to worry about it that they will let me know when the site is finished. How do you know if they are just leading you on??? What if that person has already been approved for the site but telling me they havent just so they dont have to pay me??? How frustrating!!! Thanks to all of you who pay on green.

moviemadnessman

17-05-2007 15:21:11

You could always try just asking on the site the status of their account. This won't always work, but you could always try. Otherwise ... you will just have to wait. Sorry ?

EDIT Yay. 1000 posts. Just had to add that.

Wolfeman

17-05-2007 15:36:22

I pay on greens, always have shrug

frediggy

17-05-2007 15:39:01

I agree that paying on approval sucks. It sucks for both parties. At least for the honest traders. It sucks for the referral because they have to wait and wonder if they are being ripped off or what. It sucks for the site completer(?) because they would usually just as soon pay the referral because they understand how the referral feels. Plus it isn't much fun knowing that they are waiting for payment while you are trying like hell to get that last referral or waiting on a manual credit request that can take a month to get. Frustrating from both sides. However, thanks to the scammers, this has become a bit of a dilemma. I would say nobody wants to do business this way, but it does help on some of the scamming. Maybe we can eventually weed the majority of these out and then go back to good honest normal trading? confused2

TFOAF

17-05-2007 15:46:51

It's better to play it safe than be sorry.

wasabe

17-05-2007 16:07:33

I'm really interested in minimizing risk though...maybe pay 1/2 on green and the rest on approval? Does PayPal's Resolution Center help with scammers?

gmario

17-05-2007 16:54:47

[quote5afed14e8f="wasabe"]I'm really interested in minimizing risk though...maybe pay 1/2 on green and the rest on approval? Does PayPal's Resolution Center help with scammers?[/quote5afed14e8f]

Rarely

frediggy

17-05-2007 17:17:08

[quote9417cc5099="wasabe"]I'm really interested in minimizing risk though...maybe pay 1/2 on green and the rest on approval? Does PayPal's Resolution Center help with scammers?[/quote9417cc5099]
NO!

egyptianruin

17-05-2007 18:35:21

I paid on approval to under 5 TR and I gave the people a good deadline to go green (like 20 days) so if they werent green by day 21 I would cash out, say I gave you a deadline and pay the people who have been patiently waiting. I also paid 0-5TR that came to me from friends on green because they were referred to me. Im kinda happy I stopped doing free sites. So much stress.

jy3

17-05-2007 19:21:25

anyone who traded with me for nocc.ygf knows that it took a while but they got their cash in the end. I had two go red and would have been out $10 had I not required after approval payment. All of my refs got paid in the end.
remember that there are a few ways that you essentially go thru approval before the person whom you are awaiting payment from submits approval
1. submit for approval on the site yourself. then tell the person u have been approved and u can get paid after they verify with the site
2. ask the site to look at your green ahead of time. if it passes their check u will stay green and can get paid.
both of these were done by me or some who greened for me

bjchipp

17-05-2007 19:44:30

thanks for all the feedback. i can understand not wanting to be scammed, because i have the same thoughts. i would like to get started completing the sites but worry about getting taken advantage of. then i look at how many people pay on green and i think well it must be worth it if so many people do it. i'm a mother of two and can't afford to take a chance and risk my kids not having something they need. But.....being paid on approval still sucks!!!

bjchipp

17-05-2007 19:57:26

another thing... i started doing trades about 3 weeks ago and my first week i made about $100. since then i've barely made any! most sites have the same offers or dont let you see their offers so once you've done a couple sites you're done. well thats my experience anyway. AND..when i first started i could green "instantly" like the offer says but lately...i have to submit for manual credit. then wait forever to see if the affiliate will even respond. i like doing trades but i'm getting discouraged. 0

weebles_five

17-05-2007 21:27:22

Ask the one your trading with to send you a link to the offers pages so you check them out first and see if you have completed them.

Bryan R

17-05-2007 21:48:23

I have been on this for 4 months and have had 7 people go red on me and I paid one when she went green but then went red when I went get approval so I am out of the money. I have only done 7 sites. I will only pay on approval from now on and it will probably take me longer to finish a site, but I will not be taken for again. I always keep my people informed of where we are.

Bryan R

puppeteer

17-05-2007 22:23:15

this is why i never do trades for cash anymore... but ill pay for regs ) on green of course......... and only if youre TR is higher than mine haha

samz465

17-05-2007 22:58:39

[quote384d21eeb2="Wolfeman"]I pay on greens, always have shrug[/quote384d21eeb2]

Me too...
I just ask the admin to review the person account early so I can pay them...
Except for trainn, Can't do it on them...
But on trainn, I've only paid for a referral ONCE throughout their entire network, all the other refs were from friends.

wasabe

18-05-2007 07:56:49

[quote505e73ed31="Bryan R"]I have been on this for 4 months and have had 7 people go red on me and I paid one when she went green but then went red when I went get approval so I am out of the money. I have only done 7 sites. I will only pay on approval from now on and it will probably take me longer to finish a site, but I will not be taken for again. I always keep my people informed of where we are.

Bryan R[/quote505e73ed31]
What usually happens to cause someone to go from green to red? Using fake info?

Bryan R

18-05-2007 08:35:07

They have either signed up for the same offers on two or more sites or they have multiple accounts with a site. I have also had 6 people go yellow on me and never complete the offers.

Bryan R

maksmom

18-05-2007 08:36:36

I think I must be really lucky! I've only had one person go red after I paid her, and she apologized and refunded my $. And I [icba0935277]always[/icba0935277] pay on green. The way I see it is, I'll only do trades that pay on green myself, and most traders here are legit and, of course (this is very important) I keep my fingers crossed wink !!

Excel

18-05-2007 09:11:52

[quotea80272c28b="bjchipp"]thanks for all the feedback. i can understand not wanting to be scammed, because i have the same thoughts. i would like to get started completing the sites but worry about getting taken advantage of. then i look at how many people pay on green and i think well it must be worth it if so many people do it. i'm a mother of two and can't afford to take a chance and risk my kids not having something they need. But.....being paid on approval still sucks!!![/quotea80272c28b]

No offense, but if you can't afford to lose $20-$40, you should probably invest your money in other places. Especially nowadays, freebie trading is becoming much more of a risk then anything else.

good2speed

18-05-2007 09:28:23

[quote37ed26efba="Wolfeman"]I pay on greens, always have shrug[/quote37ed26efba]

good2speed

18-05-2007 09:51:01

cont..

only time someone has gone red on me was that dude JohnnyLee. He happeend to go green instantly and then messaged me asking me to do his site asap. I wasnt positive he was new since he completed the trade at record pace. I told him I was busy and that I would signup for him tomorrow just to gauge his reaction. He got upset and started demanding me to do it now. He even gave me a vcc # and told me to use that on true.com for his site. I told him Id use my own info and cc but he said it didnt matter and that hes used vccs manytimes on true.com. At this point I knew he was a scammer and he laid his own fate. Guess what he turned out to go red.

Usually scammers do a very poor job of concealing their intentions. If you ask them enough questions or pretend to stall on them they willl get aggravated and will demand instant completion. Honest traders on the other hand understand that we are busy in our lives and if a day must be waited then so be it. They are more understanding and will demand less. Try to use that as a rule of thumb.

bjchipp

18-05-2007 20:42:54

i consider myself an honest trader and i dont like to be stalled on. i get pretty uptight when it takes awhile for someone to pay. not because im scamming them and im gunna go red but because i dont want to be scammed. it's a fine line and you're right it is kind of a risk. i'm gunna quit completing offers and wait until i can invest in completing the sites. i was frustrated when i posted this topic but i completely understand paying on approval. and by the way it does work to contact the site directly to check if your referrer was approved yet. peace out!!!

puppeteer

18-05-2007 20:46:08

hey bro I pay $20 on green! PM me for info! ) and sorry to hear about this... i know IT SUCKS man!

bjchipp

18-05-2007 20:46:45

oh yeah, whats up with all that britney spears and bloodninja stuff
good2speed???

bjchipp

18-05-2007 20:49:14

puppeteer...i'm a chick!!

moviemadnessman

18-05-2007 20:49:59

[quote0058defd32="bjchipp"]oh yeah, whats up with all that britney spears and bloodninja stuff
good2speed???[/quote0058defd32]Check here http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=62370

[quote0058defd32="bjchipp"]i consider myself an honest trader and i dont like to be stalled on. i get pretty uptight when it takes awhile for someone to pay. not because im scamming them and im gunna go red but because i dont want to be scammed. it's a fine line and you're right it is kind of a risk. i'm gunna quit completing offers and wait until i can invest in completing the sites. i was frustrated when i posted this topic but i completely understand paying on approval. and by the way it does work to contact the site directly to check if your referrer was approved yet. peace out!!![/quote0058defd32]I knew it would ) Glad it helped you out.

bjchipp

18-05-2007 21:09:28

i think being apart of these off topic conversations can be pretty interesting. i need to look at these more often.