Boredom Hurts Contest :: Incredible Odds

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61951

Armstrong

11-05-2007 13:05:02

Ok I'm back with this topic. People wanted some form of compensation for taking part in gathering videos. Well we're now giving away a 2008 Ford Focus to one lucky participant. And an insider tip! we have one entry. Your odds will be amazing on this. Here is the info.

Admin This can be moved to the For Sale thread if it fits better there.

http//www.Boredomhurts.com

Insider tip! We have one entry so far. should be some amazing odds to win the 2008 Escape!

[quoted05f3f22dd]Entrants are asked to produce and submit a video (maximum of sixty seconds) depicting what he/she would resort to in order to alleviate boredom (see Video Requirements section below). The Contest begins on 1200 AM ET 4/10/07 and ends at 1159 PM ET on 7/1/07 (the “Contest Period”).

[bd05f3f22dd]HOW TO ENTER[/bd05f3f22dd] To enter the Contest you must 1) Create a video according to the requirements listed below; 2) Visit www.boredomhurts.com (the “Website”) between 1200 AM ET on 4/10/07 and 1159 PM on 7/1/07 and complete the Official Entry Form, accepting the official rules of the Contest and granting Sponsor rights in your video and 3) Follow the instructions to upload a movie meeting the Video Requirements (“Entry”) and submit to the Website as directed. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1159 PM ET on 6/1/07. LIMIT Contest will be limited to the first 3,000 Entries received. Entrants may submit multiple entries; however, all entries must (a) be submitted separately, (b) be significantly different from other entry/entries submitted by a single entrant and (c) must include the completion and acceptance of the Official Entry Form. An entry must be created solely by one person; joint/group entries are NOT allowed. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.

[bd05f3f22dd]VIDEO REQUIREMENTS[/bd05f3f22dd] Entries must meet the following requirements to be eligible for judging

1) Must be a movie with a total running time of sixty (60) seconds or less;
2) Must comply with standard video upload requirements available at youtube.com;
3) Movies may be in color or black and white;
4) No music tracks allowed

Videos will be ineligible if, as determined by Sponsor or judges (in the sole discretion of either party), they are corrupted, do not meet ALL of the above specified requirements or are not able to be viewed due to technical error or reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor or the judges. In addition, a video shall be void if it includes any endorsements or so-called "commercial tie-ins", or if it contains any material which Sponsor or judges in their sole discretion deems patently offensive such as profanity, violence or nudity, or which might subject Sponsor or its licensees to public disrepute or otherwise compromise the goodwill of Sponsor or its licensees, unfavorable regulatory action, violate any law, infringe the rights of any person, or subject Sponsor or its Licensees to liability for any reason. By submitting an Entry (a) Entrant represents and warrants that Entry is wholly original (DO NOT COPY THE WORKS OF OTHERS), not previously submitted, distributed or aired on the internet or elsewhere for any other purpose and once submitted will not be used by Entrant or any other person for any other purpose, and does not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party and your Entry does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party; (b) entrant agrees that Entry shall be deemed a “work made for hire” under U.S. copyright law with the Entry being specially prepared by Entrant for Sponsor, with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, being the exclusive property of Sponsor; (c) in the event Entry is considered not to be a “work made for hire,” entrant, for $1, as good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, irrevocably assigns to Sponsor all right, title, and interest in Entry (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade (and, upon Sponsor’s request, entrant further agrees to sign any additional documentation so as to record, perfect or effect such assignment); (d) each individual appearing in the Video has consented to its submission and use as stated in these Official Rules; and (e) if a minor, the entrant or any individual appearing in the Video has the written consent of his or her parent or legal guardian. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor returned under any circumstances. Upon request of Sponsor, Entrant will provide a copy of any written consent as required above.
[bd05f3f22dd]
WINNER DETERMINATION / JUDGING[/bd05f3f22dd] All Entries received will be judged equally based on the following criteria CREATIVITY, TECHNICAL ABILITY and POPULAR APPEAL. The Entry having received the highest score from among all entries received as of 1159 pm on 7/1/07 following the judging process will be declared the potential Grand Prize winner (pending verification of eligibility). In the event of a tie between top scoring Entries, the Entries involved will be re-judged by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Entries according to criteria listed above. Judging will be conducted under the supervision of Exposure Marketing, Inc., an independent judging organization. A video which in the sole discretion of the judges (a) defames or infringes the right of privacy or publicity or other proprietary right of any person, living or deceased, or entity; and/or (b) is offensive, profane, obscene or not in keeping with the image of the Sponsor will be disqualified. Judging will be conducted under the supervision of Exposure Marketing, Inc., an independent judging organization. Potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or mail and each will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) within a specified time. Failure to timely execute and return the required documents or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable may cause the prize award to be forfeited, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If a potential winner is not of age of majority in his/her state of residence (an “eligible minor”) prize will be awarded in name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be required to execute and return the required Affidavit, fulfill all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein and in regard to the prize.

[bd05f3f22dd]PRIZE / APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)[/bd05f3f22dd] One (1) Grand Prize – 2008 Ford Escape (vehicle MSRP/ARV $30,000) equipped with an ‘anti-boredom’ accessory package (ARV $5,000); and a ‘Boredom Intervention’ consisting of a Sponsor selected trip or adventure (ARV $2,500). Total ARV of Grand Prize is $37,500.[/quoted05f3f22dd]

patrick_7412

11-05-2007 13:26:41

Wow, I may just have to try to come out with something creative. That's not bad odds either 1/3000, and that's assuming you only enter once, for a $37,000 grand prize D

TFOAF

11-05-2007 14:36:26

Who's running the contest?

JUNIOR6886

11-05-2007 15:25:53

i'll film something tomorrow and enter

Armstrong

11-05-2007 17:13:20

I'm not sure who's actually running it. However we had it open for awhile and no one entered. so they decided to offer the Escape/$37,000 and still no one was entering. So they game me a camera and told me to help populate it so it looked more interesting. I can't win though so I figured I'd pass it along to you. Most of the videos on there were done by us in the studio.

tjwor

12-05-2007 23:16:26

hmmmm, so would a 3D animation film qualify for this?

Armstrong

14-05-2007 09:03:42

it should. to be safe you could always just tape your screen so it shows you worked on your computer to make it.

KeithA

16-05-2007 07:08:58

[quote49754b47b6="Armstrong"]I'm not sure who's actually running it. However we had it open for awhile and no one entered. so they decided to offer the Escape/$37,000 and still no one was entering. So they game me a camera and told me to help populate it so it looked more interesting. I can't win though so I figured I'd pass it along to you. Most of the videos on there were done by us in the studio.[/quote49754b47b6]

By running it, do you mean the marketing agency handling the operations of the promotion or the firm that's paying to have it done? It's a Ford promotion.

Armstrong

16-05-2007 07:23:49

Were the firm thats paying for it. The actual contest holds are through a separate company.

BlueX

16-05-2007 23:29:58

I wouldn't do it if I were you. Don't be a pawn in Ford's game of chess!

I don't even know why this guy is posting all around here with crap from Ford.. Ford cars blow, and all they rely in is the American dependency on things "American." Down with the machine.

Imports>domestic.

Armstrong

16-07-2007 19:07:23

[quotef70dd129f9="BlueX"]I wouldn't do it if I were you. Don't be a pawn in Ford's game of chess!

I don't even know why this guy is posting all around here with crap from Ford.. Ford cars blow, and all they rely in is the American dependency on things "American." Down with the machine.

Imports>domestic.[/quotef70dd129f9]

Haha, just came back to update this thread and saw this dudes post. Aparently i'm a pawn, and "this dude" was just trying to help you all out with a easy contest.

[bf70dd129f9]Final odds at contest end. 180 for a 2008 Ford Escape.[/bf70dd129f9]

"sorry" for posting crap...next time i'll just let it go unknown.

Lightliquid

16-07-2007 19:23:50

Hey so who won

EatChex89

16-07-2007 20:29:49

i wish i knew of this. i would have entered a video

Armstrong

16-07-2007 20:33:43

im not sure of the actual winner. We had eprize run it I think. they let us view the videos though. There were some major lame ones. I'd say the odds were easily 140 for those of you who know how to use a camera and have an ounce of creativity.