listen to this bullsh!t!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61643

Jenncherry99

07-05-2007 18:55:30

I hate paypal...

So I got a paypal debit card so I wouldn't have to wait for the money to transfer to my bank account, and I got the card in the mail today....so I get online to try to activate it and it keeps giving me an error message. So I call paypal, and the lady on the phone can't activate it. She then puts me on hold to call the debit card department, and gets back on the phone to tell me all cards requested on the date I requested had been marked as stolen...I guess someone stole a bunch of them? I don't really get it...Well she goes on the tell me I have to re-apply for a card to get a new one sent. I ask if she can do that on the phone, she tells me no I have to get online and do it. She apologized for the inconvenience, but what fucking stupid ass issue! I mean thats great they marked it as potentially stolen, but what a pain in my ass that I have to wait another month to get a new card!! Why can't they just fix my old one???

Wolfeman

07-05-2007 18:58:18

Ugh I hate PayPal in every way...

TryinToGetPaid

07-05-2007 19:04:25

Hm...just like a woman, nag nag nag bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine.

Seriously, that sucks....you should have asked her if there was anyway she could expedite the card to you.

A Hart

07-05-2007 19:06:23

It almost seems like transfer to your bank would be faster anyway. It only takes a couple of days right? But I guess if you need to reload the account that could be a hassle to wait. They could have atleast sent you a heads up that the card was no good in the first place. Rather than waiting until you tried to use it. Especially if they had prior knowledge of which cards were in jeopardy. Good Luck with that one!

Gooogler

07-05-2007 19:26:09

For PayPal, that's pretty mild buttsecks. They've done much worse.

Jenncherry99

07-05-2007 19:44:59

The thing that pisses me off is that when I tried to activate it online it told me you can not activate this card at this time...it never said please contact customer service there is a problem.

And I got it for use in general, not just right this second withdraws. I was thinking long-term...

Jams44

07-05-2007 19:50:28

that's when you find the nearest match box and a good ol' can of gasoline

Jenncherry99

07-05-2007 19:55:46

and set me computer on fire?

Cause that would help my paypal issue...

A Hart

07-05-2007 19:58:30

[quote75b5e72bca="Jenncherry99"]and set me computer on fire?

Cause that would help my paypal issue...[/quote75b5e72bca]

LOL

Jenne1975

07-05-2007 20:05:11

Dont forget marshmellows!![/color8344407880]

petieroman

07-05-2007 20:20:07

Same thing happend to me, So I re-ordered a new one and got it in a few days.

A Hart

07-05-2007 20:21:44

[quote2c62313337="petieroman"]Same thing happend to me, So I re-ordered a new one and got it in a few days.[/quote2c62313337]

Sounds promising Jenn, don't give up yet.

Jenncherry99

07-05-2007 20:23:33

ok, good to know I am not the only person...i'll keep my fingers crossed.

secondjob

07-05-2007 20:32:05

I got a paypal debit card and then got one for my husband. It has saved our asses a few times. Usually only takes about a week at the most to get a new one. Hang in there!

lorny35

07-05-2007 21:49:51

I just got one and it only took about 5 days. The thing I don't get, if it's a paypal debit, and they are the ones issuing them and sending them in the mail, how the hell can it be a "stolen" card? That makes no sense at all. I personally have never had a problem with paypal at all. I have used them for almost 3 years for my cross necklace sales and Ebay, and never had an issue. But if they are issueing "stolen" cards, where are they coming from?? I guess I would be quite mad too, and would be a little skeptical about even getting another one if someone had told me that. Good luck to you Jenn. Hope it works next time. D

Admin

07-05-2007 22:40:09

[quote97bbd77041="lorny35"]I just got one and it only took about 5 days. The thing I don't get, if it's a paypal debit, and they are the ones issuing them and sending them in the mail, how the hell can it be a "stolen" card? That makes no sense at all. I personally have never had a problem with paypal at all. I have used them for almost 3 years for my cross necklace sales and Ebay, and never had an issue. But if they are issueing "stolen" cards, where are they coming from?? I guess I would be quite mad too, and would be a little skeptical about even getting another one if someone had told me that. Good luck to you Jenn. Hope it works next time. D[/quote97bbd77041]

i'd imagine that paypal outsources the actual pressing and mailing of the cards, so there's an opportunity for theft. if they do not outsource and paypal employees actually handle the cards, well, then there's probably even more of an opportunity for theft (i've heard that they have personnel issues)

doylnea

07-05-2007 22:54:11

[quoteeb2a85fba3="Admin"][quoteeb2a85fba3="lorny35"]I just got one and it only took about 5 days. The thing I don't get, if it's a paypal debit, and they are the ones issuing them and sending them in the mail, how the hell can it be a "stolen" card? That makes no sense at all. I personally have never had a problem with paypal at all. I have used them for almost 3 years for my cross necklace sales and Ebay, and never had an issue. But if they are issueing "stolen" cards, where are they coming from?? I guess I would be quite mad too, and would be a little skeptical about even getting another one if someone had told me that. Good luck to you Jenn. Hope it works next time. D[/quoteeb2a85fba3]

i'd imagine that paypal outsources the actual pressing and mailing of the cards, so there's an opportunity for theft. if they do not outsource and paypal employees actually handle the cards, well, then there's probably even more of an opportunity for theft (i've heard that they have personnel issues)[/quoteeb2a85fba3]

In a past life I walked through one of the largest credit card pressing and mailing facilities in the US. We (as well as the employees) had to wear full zip jumpsuits (with no pockets) and empty our pockets, shoes, socks and notepads before, after and during the tour. If anything, I would guess the employees can beat the system more easily because of their familiarity with it. Case in point, it's not hard to memorize 16 digit card number and wait 7 days to use it.

lorny35

08-05-2007 08:28:13

Very true. And with the way these card are these days, touch and go, and not having to use a pin, it's kinda scary sometimes. I freak out if I even think mine is missing!

cubbieco

09-05-2007 00:37:30

Back on topic

Would it have been that hard for paypal to just say "hey we had 300 cards stolen. Why don't we automatically reissue them???"

ASharpEdge

09-05-2007 06:26:18

It sounds like they had no idea which cards were stolen so they cancelled a large batch of them and tried to keep it low key..
typical red tape bologna!

booklover1104

09-05-2007 07:06:12

This issue is understandable...better safe than sorry, but I'm wondering I've had paypal for many moons now and it seems like they have had more issues/policy changes/bullshit since they were bought by ebay...anyone else notice this?

tinkerjenn

09-05-2007 07:24:23

ebay is the SLUT of policy changes. They've gotten just too damn big