A new way to own a freebiesite

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61593

funiversity

07-05-2007 10:49:02

Hey guys, I hope I am posting in the correct section, if not I will gladly remove the post and place it where it belongs.

If you guys ever wanted a freebie site of your own, but didnt know where to get started, we have created a site which may interest you.

We are a cross between an offer network/hosting service/freebiesite script.

You can buy a domain name or use one you have already, registeer for our service which is free, and you will have a sweet out of the box freebie site ready to customize.

We also pay you directly via your paypal account using masspay so there are no fees.

You can edit the site to look anyway you want. We have almost 2000 offers which you can choose with a click of the button, and you can add any prize you want. Hosting is also payed for by us...

Anyway visit freebieuniversity.com for more info

Best regards, Chris

FreeOffersNow

07-05-2007 11:11:13

Nice layout...sigh.

gmario

07-05-2007 11:13:46

Looks very Professional lol

tinkerjenn

07-05-2007 11:15:41

I wish I had the time/money/motivation to do it

funiversity

07-05-2007 12:21:03

Thanks guys. Time and money wise you can invest as much as you want. You can just jkeep the starting site and tell ur friends and keep a link in ur sig, money wise it costs 5.99-15.99 for the domain name.

Motivation, well i can understand that lol

J4320

07-05-2007 12:29:36

[quote7b3b9225f9="funiversity"][b7b3b9225f9]Thanks guys.[/b7b3b9225f9] Time and money wise you can invest as much as you want. You can just jkeep the starting site and tell ur friends and keep a link in ur sig, money wise it costs 5.99-15.99 for the domain name.

Motivation, well i can understand that lol[/quote7b3b9225f9]

You do know that both of those "compliments" weren't really compliments, right? Also, I couldn't click to get to your site, so I almost didn't. Copying and pasting is a lot of work but I just had to see what everyone was "complimenting" you on.

It looks like a cheap template. sigh

gmario

07-05-2007 12:52:43

[quote8abcb05292="J4320"][quote8abcb05292="funiversity"][b8abcb05292]Thanks guys.[/b8abcb05292] Time and money wise you can invest as much as you want. You can just jkeep the starting site and tell ur friends and keep a link in ur sig, money wise it costs 5.99-15.99 for the domain name.

Motivation, well i can understand that lol[/quote8abcb05292]

You do know that both of those "compliments" weren't really compliments, right? Also, I couldn't click to get to your site, so I almost didn't. Copying and pasting is a lot of work but I just had to see what everyone was "complimenting" you on.

It looks like a cheap template. sigh[/quote8abcb05292]

Truu

TFOAF

07-05-2007 13:01:07

On the sign up page, you spelled "Registration" and "Address" wrong. ;)

condra

07-05-2007 14:11:01

yay!! lets all start our own freebie site P

TryinToGetPaid

07-05-2007 14:11:57

Yeah, then we can make more crappy networks!11!

manOFice

07-05-2007 14:16:12

[quote48cfe17e30="TryinToGetPaid"]Yeah, then we can make more crappy networks!11![/quote48cfe17e30]

Seriously.

JUNIOR6886

07-05-2007 14:22:11

jesus christ..... looks like school's out early this year

TFOAF

07-05-2007 14:40:25

[quote6a701a4ab3="JUNIOR6886"]jesus christ..... looks like school's out early this year[/quote6a701a4ab3]
I don't get out until June 21...and then I'm done with high school. sigh

givmea1032

07-05-2007 15:07:32

[quoted35d63c5c4="J4320"]It looks like a cheap template. sigh[/quoted35d63c5c4]

It is, from Just Web Templates. ;) very bottom next to their TOS.

funiversity

07-05-2007 19:27:44

Obviously the html can be changed, and we just launched so the look and and.. ugh... spelling errors will be fixed, lol.

Also we safegaurd agaiinst crooked site owners so if someone plans to rip off users they are not going to get away with it, whos stopping an independant site owner from rippin you off....

J4320

07-05-2007 19:38:58

[quoted9f69982bd="funiversity"]Obviously the html can be changed, and we just launched so the look and and.. ugh... spelling errors will be fixed, lol.

Also we safegaurd agaiinst crooked site owners so if someone plans to rip off users they are not going to get away with it, [bd9f69982bd]whos stopping an independant site owner from rippin you off....[/bd9f69982bd][/quoted9f69982bd]

Our smart brains and good judgment.

funiversity

07-05-2007 19:42:52

Yea this is true, but most people that use these sites arent hanging around a4f or this site... and a large number of people are gettin ripped off by site owners who give up are are just in it for the short run...

TryinToGetPaid

07-05-2007 19:49:49

So you are making it easier for noobs to create these short term sites? Good job my man!

J4320

07-05-2007 19:51:24

[quotef63662a6d7="TryinToGetPaid"]So you are making it easier for noobs to create these short term sites? Good job my man![/quotef63662a6d7]

Did you even read what he wrote? They have a protection system. Duh. roll

TryinToGetPaid

07-05-2007 19:53:58

I feel like a moron, of COURSE they use protection!

gmario

07-05-2007 19:55:45

duhhhhhhhh!!!!!

funiversity

07-05-2007 20:11:54

If a site owner isnt sending prizes out, their payents will be put on hold. Its extremely easy to enforce and will make using freebiesites in my network safe for people who dont spend a lot of time on these forums.

guelah75

07-05-2007 20:21:35

sounds like another middleman that is going to take a cut, if you know what i mean

theysayjump

07-05-2007 21:25:00

[quote9b5661f908="TryinToGetPaid"]I feel like a moron, of COURSE they use protection![/quote9b5661f908]

Maybe you should've taken a leaf out of their book. ;)

TryinToGetPaid

08-05-2007 06:03:53

You are just upset I poked fun at your "business" -)

funiversity

08-05-2007 06:08:46

lol obviously we take a cut, every network a freebie site goes through takes a cut, this isnt charity or a scam, its a business. We include a 100% original site script which is idiot proof and free hosing, what other network offers that....

Buy domain name, they are 12 bucks or so and try it out, you retain ownership of the domain through your registrar so you have nothing to lose.

TryinToGetPaid

08-05-2007 06:09:54

100% original? Can we see a demo of both the user side and the admin side?

ajasax

08-05-2007 06:17:20

I don't know what's funnier, your shitty spelling, or the fact that your "custom site" has "Google" as the title for the window lol
(Click on "Bulletin", then any one of the left-hand side links)

funiversity

08-05-2007 06:31:01

Sure I'll set up a demo that you guys can look at for the admin side. Like I said, the site just launched so there are going to be spelling errors and such which I will fix as they come up (you dont have to be rude about it...)

Even though I used a template to skin the site, the programing is 100% custom. Also the site woner sites are 100% automated, all you need to do is place the orders. The offers are taken care by use so you dont have to worry about dead offers.... there are lots of features no other script has.

I'm not a newbie in the freebie world, though I've never posted on here before. I owner pokerprizes.com which has been around since december without any issues. My site is also the first site to ever allow fully transferable points between 2 people....

Many people have asked me what it takes to start a freebie site and honestly its really hard to start from scratch. I started freebieu because I know there is a demand out there for a service such as mine. Now I understand that most of you guys are content with using other people's sites... which is fine.

But there are a lot of people who visit forums such as this who would make amazing site owners. They have a lot more knowlege about incentive sites than someone who has never used one.

Let me know if you guys find any more errors with the site.

Chris

jobmann

08-05-2007 06:38:10

if some one wanted to start a site i think this would be the easiest way, but most people here just use the sites

tinkerjenn

08-05-2007 06:57:38

I think it's a pretty good idea actually

tjwor

08-05-2007 07:10:21

[quotef58f4235f0="jobmann"]if some one wanted to start a site i think this would be the easiest way, but most people here just use the sites[/quotef58f4235f0]

it's weird to me that you joined just to post in this thread...

ajasax

08-05-2007 07:12:06

Spelling is not a small issue when it comes to doing business online. You have consistently bad spelling especially in your posts here. If you wanted to have your business reflect a professional image, you would have made damned sure that each and every page of your site would be program- and spelling-error free before even [i77e8ddb5b1]thinking[/i77e8ddb5b1] about advertising it publicly.

You may have had good intentions in making this site. I must admit that this would have been a good idea...5 years ago, when the market wasn't already so saturated with freebie sites and people who complete them (like us).

funiversity

08-05-2007 07:33:24

Yes, I understand spelling is an issue. Out of the whole site there were 3 errors... not bad. Forums are informal settings, at least to me. I'm talking to you guys informaly...
I joined to tell people about my new service, I no longer use freebie sites I run them and help people who are interested in owning one succeed.

I agree there are a lot of freebie sites, but the problem is that the networks are small and the users have no protection agains a site owner just walking away. The offers are also a huge limitation. Having 1000 offers makes it possible for a user to actually use a service (or product) they may want. The whole reason companies put these offers out is to gain new customers, not pay for your new ipod after you quickly cancel their subscrition. Providing sites to the public with a huge selection of offers reduccess the need to pick something you honestly dont want.

Currently ste owners need to manage their offers, making sure they they current (no easy task) we do that for them, allowing more time for CS and so on, it also allows them to have the huge ammount of offers I was speaking of.

TryinToGetPaid

08-05-2007 07:54:54

Sorry. but the big name sites out there take care of the dead offers, always are adding new ones and have support second to none. These new sites will crop up and die, I do not care what protection you have.

And on that note, if I make a site, get 100 people to complete the site and walk away what are YOU going to do about it?

funiversity

08-05-2007 07:59:55

"And on that note, if I make a site, get 100 people to complete the site and walk away what are YOU going to do about it?"

Not pay you and issue payements to your users. The payments would depend on the points earned by the user. This is clearly stated before you start your site, so if you have foul intensions it makes no sense at all to even get started.

DollarDealNetwork

08-05-2007 08:44:56

I personally think it is a bad idea, and not for fear of competition. I have helped 3 other site owners open new sites and all 3 are doing very well on this very forum ).

I just think users don't want owners who do the least amount of work to open a site. So the easier you make it to open a site, the more crappy owners you will get.

Also your model is designed to help site owners fail. Sites fail for 2 reasons.

1. Bad lazy owners! You made it for lazy people.
2. Not enough revenue! Most sites fail when the owner finds out they aren't making enough money or losing money. Since you have added yourself as a new middle man the profit is even lower. So instead of them spending 2 weeks opening a good site and making $25 per offer completion, they get a site in one day and make $24. That $1 adds up when you have 5000 customers.

If someone wants to open a site they should do the work to open one and get the most profit available.

funiversity

08-05-2007 09:08:31

Yea, you are right some people will be lazy and fail... but thats the nature of any online business, but there will always be owners who will do well. We arent looking for quantity, but quality. I'm not sure why you refer me as a middle man... every freebiesite goes through a network, i'm just another network...

TryinToGetPaid

08-05-2007 09:36:55

Yeah, but you take a cut from the offers that people do, as do the publishers. So the publisher sends you a check, you cut out of it, and then send it to us, where as the other way around, we get it straight from the publisher.

Sorry to tell you, but I doubt you get any sign ups. Using a template for starters, then bad spelling, and an overall bad business concept. But I will stay out of your thread now, and let you conduct your business.

funiversity

08-05-2007 11:14:48

I'm not sure you know exactly how it works. Every site works with a network that provides offers. All these networks take a small cut from each lead.

We do exactly the same thing, so if you are site owner you will be getting the same amount of money from me as you would from another network, if not better.

The differnce is I provide the hosting and site scrit(the script is way better than fsrevolution or myeasyscripts) Also instead of loading all those offers manually(huge pain) they are on your admin panel already...

I'm not sure I can make it more clear than this... Its the best deal you can get if you want to start your own freebie site, hands down. If anyone wants to redesign the main page pm with a price, I'm a coder not a designer...

TryinToGetPaid

08-05-2007 11:26:12

Can I see a list of the offers you run? And also, a demo of the admin panel would be nice.

turbohim

08-05-2007 12:19:41

my quick two sense

a) this is a HORRIBLE idea (but good on your side for the $) for anyone to join. like 2 dollar said, no one is scared of competition since a user only completes a site 1-2 MAYBE 3 times. we are scared of noobs ruining the freebie scene however

b) scammers. now instead of people being scammed for refs.. now it will be entire sites! great

c) the "middleman" feature is the main thing. everyones profits/savings/money lies in your hands. if you make one mistake or don't pay.. that will be it for you. im thinking you'll need close to $50k saved up to pay all the owners monthly if this actually works.

funiversity

08-05-2007 15:39:12

Hey guys the demo admin site is up. We have 700 some odd offers up right now we will be mass uploading the rest this week.

Turbohim, I'm not sure what you mean by the entire sites getting scammed, please explain. I don’t want anyone getting scammed, this is the whole idea behind freebieuniversity.

With freebieuniversity campus organizations can also run fundraisers using pre made site templates (different than the current one). If you are in a fraternity or similar group you can flier campus and all proceed will go to your group… There are many ways to adapt these sites for different purposes and we are opening CPA advertising to the general public, something which is well overdue.

We have enough funds in our company’s holdings, this is not issue. Payments are automated using paypal masspay to keep things simple, as well as eliminate fees incurred to the site owners.

This is basically a beta version of the site, the constructive criticism generated here is defiantly going to be reflect in our site as a finished product.

Chris

TryinToGetPaid

08-05-2007 19:03:06

One more thing, can we see how the offer page would look for our users, with active links?

condra

08-05-2007 19:10:01

Hmm i just got an email from freebieuniversity
uncalled for lol, but i am registered for so many things that i am not sure that would be spam
weird...

JennyWren

08-05-2007 20:49:47

[quote4125440ace="funiversity"]the script is way better than fsrevolution or myeasyscripts[/quote4125440ace]

I'm finding this to be an interesting thread. I've been thinking about starting a site, I have the money and the know-how. However, I'm going to wait at least a year (probably two) to see if the freebie business sticks around. There's such an influx of new sites, and I think the market might crash out pretty soon. I'm not putting the time and effort into writing a script and designing a site, much less all the research I'd need to do into marketing and getting affiliates, if there won't be an adequate memberbase.

Anyhoo...

Just wondering what you are basing the above statement upon? What makes your script better? I'm not saying that it isn't, just curious as to your criteria for comparison.

ilanbg

08-05-2007 21:01:16

Jenny People have been predicting the crash of freesites for years; even before I joined FIG. It will change and has changed dramatically, but it ain't going anywhere. The question is whether it can still be considered the same business as it once was.

cubbieco

08-05-2007 23:54:57

I was looking at the demo a little. Do you have a pre-made "demo" user that we can use to login. While I know we can "register" at the demo site I've already given out my information to too many places as it is I would rather use a premade user. (I'm too paranoid to use fake info, just can't do it without worrying about going red on other freebie sites).

Is there an admin demo as well?

TryinToGetPaid

09-05-2007 06:32:41

The admin demo is typing in demo and the username and password.

funiversity

09-05-2007 07:49:10

Yea, enter demo/demo to log into the demo admin panel. There is a built in site editor which works makes things very easy to edit as well as all the other features you would expect, including a tutorial which will be built on as time goes on. To see the offers you can click demo in the left info box.

It's kind of iffy if freebie sites will crash... As long as advertisers are getting what they pay for, they will continue to put offers out. As long as there are offers, freebie sites will flourish.

My ideology is giving users such a huge choice of offers that they will actually pick something they want. If we have 1400 offers, chances are someone who wants an ipod shuffle will also need several of those services anyway, whether it be ink, phone service, t-shirts…. This combined with no risk of getting scammed should actually help the freebie community.

If things continue their current path I don’t see the market improving too much. There are too many crooked site owners who are contributing to the “too good to be true” attitude. Sites are also too similar; they should be aimed at specific niches. Say you are into fishing (I AM!) and you want to make a site specific to fishing. Put up some nice reels and rods, a few ipods(everyone loves ipods) and so on…. Then you have a site you can market to a specific group. It’s a lot easier to target a niche than the total population. Eventually people that don’t care about all the fishing stuff will catch wind and work towards your other prizes. Remember, we offer such a huge selection of offers, its really easy for someone to find something they actually need. There are also hundreds of free surveys, so someone can earn a giftcard which can be used to try other products…

I can go on and on, but the main idea is that 90% of people don’t know what an incentive site is, so there is still a huge market out there, as long as we take the correct approach.

Side note

I’m personally transferring my site to the FBU network (makes more sense since I own both)

As far as that email goes, if you joined my pokerprizes.com site I offered 100 points to my current users to sign up using a valid domain. Is that the email you are talking about?

JKirk

09-05-2007 08:13:05

[quoteec35d7cae3="funiversity"]Yea this is true, but most people that use these sites arent hanging around a4f or this site... and a large number of people are gettin ripped off by site owners who give up are are just in it for the short run...[/quoteec35d7cae3]

I'm going to bring up this point again because I have a point of my own to make. With a system like this, where it's only $15 and an hour or two of working the scamming will be about 100 times more likely. Compare that to how long and how much it costs to a real freebie site...

I don't mean to overkill this issue but the fact there is a increased chance of scamming and a decreased amount of protection for the user just doesn't look good.

TryinToGetPaid

09-05-2007 08:17:27

Can I still see a real list of offers that the users would see - with the active links?

gmario

09-05-2007 08:25:07

[quotec90b79538e="funiversity"]Hey guys the demo admin site is up. We have 700 some odd offers up right now we will be mass uploading the rest this week.

Turbohim, I'm not sure what you mean by the entire sites getting scammed, please explain. I don’t want anyone getting scammed, this is the whole idea behind freebieuniversity.

With freebieuniversity campus organizations can also run fundraisers using pre made site templates (different than the current one). If you are in a fraternity or similar group you can flier campus and all proceed will go to your group… There are many ways to adapt these sites for different purposes and we are opening CPA advertising to the general public, something which is well overdue.

We have enough funds in our company’s holdings, this is not issue. Payments are automated using paypal masspay to keep things simple, as well as eliminate fees incurred to the site owners.

This is basically a beta version of the site, the constructive criticism generated here is defiantly going to be reflect in our site as a finished product.

Chris[/quotec90b79538e]

There's another forum where you might get more bites if you ask me lol

egyptianruin

09-05-2007 09:50:16

First off, the free site is slowly dying theres at least one new free site a day that I see and many of them dont even know whats going on I get questions like "what is auto crediting" "how do I pay people" and asking me questions on how to run a site. They just buy the script and expect to make buckets of money.

I think any free site should have start up capitol. Otherwise you have to wait for each affiliate check to come in before paying people and that is NOT going to bring repeat customers and spread word on "such long wait times" that eventually get so exagerated it turns into "I never got anything," "my offers dont credit," "I can never get an answer" then the site is just doomed to fail.

The thing to move freesites is how you market your site. Not just on freesite forums but actual advertsing, again this needs start up money. Any good business has revenue to start with, whether its a credit card, a line of credit from the bank, personal savings, they have something.

I have also noticed that many sites are slowing down from the overabundance of "free greens." Yes they are nice but on forums where people trade with one another and start sites everyone and their brother wants that free green and eventually theres no one left to do offers because the site has free greened themselves out of revenue. It might seem like a good idea at first, get them interested, give them a green, they will bring more people - well I have been seeing just the opposite.

So my ramblings end in this... I think this is a bad idea, sooner or later freebie sites are going to be like myspace pages...everyone under 20 has one.

manOFice

09-05-2007 10:07:42

If you ask me the "amazing free green on sign up" is really stupid and does hurt trading. Everyone should stop advertising it like it's so damn special...theres nothing special about it anymore.

theysayjump

09-05-2007 11:37:37

I'll give this.....oh......an hour before it's locked.

If you have something to say, say it before 1545 EST.

egyptianruin

09-05-2007 11:52:15

[quote2e52b950e6="theysayjump"]I'll give this.....oh......an hour before it's locked.

If you have something to say, say it before 1545 EST.[/quote2e52b950e6]

how about...

IN BEFORE THE LOCK <3 (running)

theysayjump

09-05-2007 12:40:37

[quote55567b5515="egyptianruin"][quote55567b5515="theysayjump"]I'll give this.....oh......an hour before it's locked.

If you have something to say, say it before 1545 EST.[/quote55567b5515]

how about...

IN BEFORE THE LOCK <3 (running)[/quote55567b5515]

Or, you could reply to my PM? ;)