OFFICIAL Legit thread

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6144

PodTopia

10-02-2005 19:04:52

So many different sites are floating around that it's hard to keep track of what's legit and what's not. I'll group these by network and by original site. So far

Gratis Network
OfferCentric
PrizeCube (games, cameras, consoles, PVPs)
J&T Cooper (tech4free, oddtech4free, autotech4free, pctech4free)
AppleStuff4free
iFreeGear
VoltageNet (shuffleipods4free, freesounddock, freeipodphotos)
FreeWatches.net

POST THE REST, AND I'LL CONTINUE TO MODERATE THIS THREAD.

EatChex89

10-02-2005 20:33:17

ifreegear

cdmanproductions

11-02-2005 01:24:32

FreeWatches.net

l0th

11-02-2005 02:20:51

first we should agree on what we mean by legit.

I'll paste below a post I made at GL a good while ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[quotef23fcae221]has this site been proven to be legit?[/quotef23fcae221]

Just picked that question randomly from one of the recent threads. People keep asking this same question over and over again and it seems that most people thing that this is a perfect free-deals-world, neatly divided between scams and legit deals.

OK, a scam is a scam, it's painful and we all know what it means, no need to discuss this.

But what about legit? Do we even know what 'legit' means...

1) If you just mean that the owner of a website will send you a gift once you completed your requirements, there are a lot of legit sites around. Most of them actually.

2) If you mean that they'll let you complete your requirements and give credit to everyone who sign-up properly, then there are far less legit sites than what people generally think.

Take the RAFS websites for instance. According to the first definition of legit, most of them are legit alright. Take the oldest of these website that is run by the author of the script himself, freeipodphotos.com. The only person I know of who had a chance to complete the deal quickly (please note that I'm aware a few others completed recently, but I guess that's only because the checks are coming), did receive his iPod photo, and it shouldn't matter that it was the iPod photo the owner of the website got himself from Gratis' freephotoipods. But , based on quite a few people's experience with this RAFS freeipodphotos website, I'm not sure we could call that website legit according to the second definition.

Note that the RAFS script and the websites using it are not at stake here. It's obvious from some recent posts I have seen around here that they've already started to suffer from an increasingly negative opinion and it's really no use hammering another nail in that coffin.

What's at stake in the discussion I'm trying to start here, is a way we could start talking about these new websites popping up everyday and everywhere and most people here already seem to be tired of. They might be 'legit' or not depending on the definition, but it's not what matters legit or not, these sites are going to die because there are just too many of them now. I guess some were smarter than others and started theirs in time, or better, managed to sell a few copies of a script before everyone realized this is not going to fly very long and very far... What matters is that a lot of people around here are not interested in them for a range of very good reasons but that they don't have a good way of explaining why these websites are not interesting for anyone at this point.

I don't have a good label for them either and that's why I'm starting this thread. What's the right way we could call them so that we can put an end to these threads starting everyday. When someone posts

[quotef23fcae221]Hey look at this new website I found www.milliondollar4free.com
It's only one referral and they have non-cc offers!!![/quotef23fcae221]

One could answer

[quotef23fcae221]might be legit, might be good looking, but it's a soon-to-die website[/quotef23fcae221]

OK, I know 'soon-to-die' is not a great way of calling them, but you guys are smarter than me, so I'm asking you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that although the RAFS websites are still alive, the pattern remains the same order processing for several weeks, several weeks to get any feedback on a no-credit report. These are just the things I can see with my own eyes.

To come back to your topic then, here's my legit list

OfferCentric
J&Tcooper
Gratis

period.