Seriously -- this site!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61397

angie30

04-05-2007 15:53:00

I don't understand people on this site -- it's like bashing and ragging on other people makes them happy.

The MODs have been great and so have many other people but I am so close to leaving because it seems like people wait around and see who they can make feel like crap.

I can understand if say this post I was talking about something that caused reactions and people post their opinions -- hopefully in a more positive way -- but when I post my trade page in the trade forum and then get PM's with rude comments about it -- that just sucks. Especially when I haven't ever done anything or said anything to get such a negative reaction.

Anyways, I can't change people -- especially complete strangers over the internet so I guess just ignoring them is my best bet. Or leaving the site.

Anyways, sorry everyone you had to read my crappy post. I guess taking care of a sick hubby nd child over the last few days has gotten me down and very tired.

HAGN E1

kidd2108

04-05-2007 15:55:34

Post an example...

edit. I was gonna say something mean, but didnt. twisted

bballp6699

04-05-2007 16:05:45

Not to be rude, but you have to look around at the majority of the members on this forum. Not everything is smiles and compliments on the interweb.

Obviously, if they're just being dick heads for no reason, that's another story.

angie30

04-05-2007 16:12:19

Well, I got an Pm saying they know a great way for me to help pay rent and get food -- to sell my computer and stop paying for internet service.

I responded that I am going to school and I do it online so no I can't sell my computer. And I will be completely honest -- I told them this very thing then said they need to keep their smart ass comments to themselves and that I didn't ask for them.

Why would I quit school? I am doing it for my family so they can have a good future.

Then they responded back with yes I did ask for their comments when I asked for help --- (I didn't know that I was asking for those kind of comments to my trade thread but oh well) and that I had asked for help in an overdramatic way (which I guess I shouldn't have done) and if I really wanted to pay rent and food for my 8 year old I would do the right thing which was sell my computer and not pay for internet service.

Then they said that they hope I would know what the right thing was and if I didn't that they were just nudging me in the right direction.

The last sentence was -- or it could be that you are just lying about the whole thing.

First off I love my kids to death and would never lie about something like that!! And it really was mean to say that basically I don't know what's best for my kids. I am going to school just to get my degree so they can have a descent future. Why would I quit? That seems so pointless to me -- like I am giving up.

I just wanted a little help from people -- like I've seen many people ask for -- to help get me through a tough time which should only last for a few weeks. Then once he gets his first paycheck we are set. He is going from a 75,000 a year job to a 90,000 -- we have been waiting so long for this and never asked for any help. But if I get rude comments just for asking then why am I here?

Sorry this got long but I needed to write everything so the story makes sense.

Thanks for reading.

tinkerjenn

04-05-2007 16:23:34

Here is something I learned a LONG time ago

People will say things while hidden behind a keyboard that they wouldn't DARE say in public. It's basically nothing more than bravado (mine is bigger than yours!)

Just don't feed the trolls )

kidd2108

04-05-2007 16:29:43

[quote16b88965bc]Then they responded back with yes I did ask for their comments when I asked for help --- (I didn't know that I was asking for those kind of comments to my trade thread but oh well) and that I had asked for help in an overdramatic way (which I guess I shouldn't have done) and if I really wanted to pay rent and food for my 8 year old I would do the right thing which was sell my computer and not pay for internet service.

Then they said that they hope I would know what the right thing was and if I didn't that they were just nudging me in the right direction.

The last sentence was -- or it could be that you are just lying about the whole thing. [/quote16b88965bc]

I dont see anything wrong with that. There was some miscommunication where the person tought you needed some suggestions. I'm sure if you asked them to leave you alone, they will stop.

The part about the last sentence was probably b/c there are many ppl in the trading forum that just lie about things to get refs. Of course nobody buys it, but people still create stories.

angie30

04-05-2007 16:30:50

[quote8a5b472738="tinkerjenn"]Here is something I learned a LONG time ago

People will say things while hidden behind a keyboard that they wouldn't DARE say in public. It's basically nothing more than bravado (mine is bigger than yours!)

Just don't feed the trolls )[/quote8a5b472738]

You are right and I just shouldn't of even responded. Just they got the best of me when I was feeling tired. I am basically a nice person and some people don't like nice people so they will try their best to put ya down. Oh well they have to live with themselves.

I see so many who say nasty things to others and it makes me want to say forget this site but then their are people like you who change my mind and make me want to stay.

Thanks for responding and making me feel better.

HAGN

maksmom

04-05-2007 17:25:32

Tinkerjenn's right...just ignore the losers who try to bring you down. Just keep doing what you're doing! D

ilanbg

04-05-2007 17:33:13

Personally, I think humor justifies any post on the forum.

But if it ain't funny, and it's just mean, then you can tell 'em to fuck off.

cubbieco

04-05-2007 18:36:48

I just looked at your trading post and I saw nothing wrong with it. Certainly there's no reason to send any negative pms about. tinkerjenn said it best though that people just act differently when they are anonymous then they would normally. Especially when you share more information such as you did with your situation it just "brings out the wolves" so to speak that like to kick you when your down.

givmea1032

04-05-2007 18:57:24

It also makes people feel better about themselves... They could just be trying to steal your greens because they feel threatened by your glittery pictures.... ;)

tinkerjenn

04-05-2007 19:06:07

Just remember, for every troll, there is a glistening Knight to kill it )

Gigante

04-05-2007 19:13:14

I assume that most of the men here are just trying to gently put you back in your place. He told you to sell your computer because
1. Women don't need education. Just a waste of time.
2. He probably assumed you were spending time on forum instead of cleaning house or making dinner.
So see, he was just trying to be helpful.

J4320

04-05-2007 19:33:54

well the internet is a series of tubes....

Gooogler

04-05-2007 19:39:26

[quote3b4ba20b4d="Gigante"]I assume that most of the men here are just trying to gently put you back in your place. He told you to sell your computer because
2. He probably assumed you were spending time on forum instead of cleaning house or making dinner.
So see, he was just trying to be helpful.[/quote3b4ba20b4d]

That's a really good point, you had it completely wrong Angie!

egyptianruin

04-05-2007 19:46:23

poop in their cheerios if they tick you off. I ignore them, lol theres a lot of people here that bother me but if you get mad about it it will only make them do it more wink

tinkerjenn

04-05-2007 19:48:34

Basically, cut off their epeen and kick 'em in their enutz ;)

maksmom

04-05-2007 19:49:32

lol, Tinkerjenn!

tinkerjenn

04-05-2007 19:50:48

I live to please )

Killer722

04-05-2007 20:27:18

[quote9b0f5396a4="Gigante"]I assume that most of the men here are just trying to gently put you back in your place. He told you to sell your computer because
So see, he was just trying to be helpful.[/quote9b0f5396a4]
Times are changing. Women can do things now.

Gigante

04-05-2007 21:20:47

[quote7df4d075b8="Killer722"][quote7df4d075b8="Gigante"]I assume that most of the men here are just trying to gently put you back in your place. He told you to sell your computer because
So see, he was just trying to be helpful.[/quote7df4d075b8]
Times are changing. Women can do things now.[/quote7df4d075b8]

Sadly, I think women will soon be able to vote. A shame it is, eh?

Killer722

04-05-2007 21:52:29

Tis, we may have to learn how to cook to survive.

phriq

04-05-2007 22:38:12

i just see it as who cares what others say, someone will like what you say and someone wont. so who cares......i personally dont get the whole bad vibe you say your getting. i feel as if us FIPGer's are a close group of internet friends. We joke, we kid, we trade, and at times we get pissed. its all good. thats life.

gmario

05-05-2007 08:34:32

Nice page wish i had that type of talent to make mine look like that

angie30

05-05-2007 14:28:30

[quoted09daecb12="Gigante"][quoted09daecb12="Killer722"][quoted09daecb12="Gigante"]I assume that most of the men here are just trying to gently put you back in your place. He told you to sell your computer because
So see, he was just trying to be helpful.[/quoted09daecb12]
Times are changing. Women can do things now.[/quoted09daecb12]

Sadly, I think women will soon be able to vote. A shame it is, eh?[/quoted09daecb12]

I know, can you imagine that we actually have a more than one place in this world. I mean who am I to think that going to school is worth something?

If this is what he thought then he's got to get with the times. Anyways women are awesome multitaskers and can work on a forum, wash dishes, clean house and take care of kids basically all at the same time and not go crazy!! Plus I add school to that and bam -- I am a frickin super womam.

Now I know some men just can't grasp the concept of multi tasking and so they just don't understand that us women can actually do it!!

Now I think -- well it sounded like -- you were being sarcastic so that is why I was being silly back.

You remind me of my step dad -- he is a great guy, sooo....

HAGD

angie30

05-05-2007 14:30:21

[quote12f3dce675="ilanbg"]Personally, I think humor justifies any post on the forum.

But if it ain't funny, and it's just mean, then you can tell 'em to fuck off.[/quote12f3dce675]

Yup I completely agree with you!!

Humor is one thing but plain meanness is uncalled for and crappy.

angie30

05-05-2007 14:35:44

Thanks everyone for responding -- I feel much better about this site.

Ignore jerks is the best advice.

Oh and thanks for letting me know that there was nothing wrong with my page -- I was about to change it.

My page does not take really any talent -- you basically just find a pic on a site that allows it -- copy and paste the code into the spot you want it on your page here.

My husband is a senior system anaylsis and taught me a lot. I also used to sell on ebay when it wasn't so popular and designed layouts(templates) for people. Now it's just to much competition and so hard to get things sold for a descent profit so I don't do it anymore.

Anyone wants help with their page I can help guide you through.

TTYAL

secondjob

05-05-2007 15:06:44

Hang in there angie, I know how you feel. I support myself and my husband while he finishes school. Like yourself my husband had a job interview the other day and it looks looks he my get it. It will be nice to have another income coming in. Were not going to know what to do with ourselves!

angie30

05-05-2007 15:22:12

[quote4b859df6e4="secondjob"]Hang in there angie, I know how you feel. I support myself and my husband while he finishes school. Like yourself my husband had a job interview the other day and it looks looks he my get it. It will be nice to have another income coming in. Were not going to know what to do with ourselves![/quote4b859df6e4]

I'll pray that your hubby gets this new job -- it's exciting when there's an awesome outlook to the future. Your situation sounds a lot like my older brothers. His wife worked her butt off while he was getting through school and doing his intership. Now he is a P.A. and she still works but not so hard anymore. They finally are living a good life -- he plays golf now and goes fishing all the time.

This makes me happy -- I love seeing others finally living a good life after so much hard work. My hubby is on the phone now doing his 2nd interview -- he for sure will get the job but this interview will determine his pay. I am just so glad he is so smart and passes everything with flying colors.

We have our 10th anniversary this June and it would be nice to finally be making a lot of money -- maybe buy a new house. When I finish school and we combine our salaries -- then I will have no idea what to do with myself.

Good luck again.

Thanks for the post.