2007 NBA Playoffs

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60184

good2speed

20-04-2007 09:54:25

It starts tomorrow and I know there aren't too many Heat fans in here so I'll try to be objective as long as I can. 1st round matchups

East
1 DET vs 8 ORL ---- Det wins easily...
2 CLE vs 7 WAS ----- Cle in 4. Cle Lebrons will be good enuff to beat the wiz
3 TOR vs 6 NJNETS --- Vince returns back to Toronto(place they hate him) should be a fun series
4 MIA vs 5 CHI ----- should be a physical series... hopefully the Chicacgo thugs don't go out of their way too aggrevate Wade's dislocated shoulder

West
1 DAl vs GS ----- Don Nelson against the team he use to coach. Plus there is supposed bad blood between Cuban and Nelson. GS swept season series against MAvs and matchup well with them. Should be a fun series
2 PHX vs LAL ---- was a good series last year but Amare is back this year and Kobe has stopped passing the ball. Suns in 5
3 SA vs DEN --- Melo and AI first time together in the playoffs will not matter as SAN is too balance andNugs have no answer for Duncan
4 Hou vs Utah ---- should be a real competetive series. Can YAo and Tmac get out of the 1st round for the first time. All of China will be watching

Best time of the year. 4/20 coincided with the start of the nba playoffs. In fact the nba allows players a 4/20 holiday and starts the games the next days. So considerate. wink

Predictions...

Im going with Heat and Spurs in the Finals.

gafdpc

20-04-2007 10:59:33

Heat vs Pheonix

zr2152

20-04-2007 11:18:51

Its Cavs (2) vs. Wizards (7)....cavs win it in 4, maybe 5. I cant see the wizards doing much without arenas or butler.

SO that pust the Pistons (1) vs. Magin ( 8 )....this is going to be an intersting series. I see it going 6 games but the pistons pull through.

Cavs vs. Miami in the Eastern COnference finals.

GO CAVS!!!

good2speed

20-04-2007 11:23:59

[quote05fe688088="zr2152"]Its Cavs (2) vs. Wizards (7)....cavs win it in 4, maybe 5. I cant see the wizards doing much without arenas or butler.

SO that pust the Pistons (1) vs. Magin ( 8 )....this is going to be an intersting series. I see it going 6 games but the pistons pull through.

Cavs vs. Miami in the Eastern COnference finals.

GO CAVS!!![/quote05fe688088]

you are correct my bad aboyut the error. Doesnt really amke a difference as both ORL and Was will be out wihtin 5 games each. Pistons magic will be boring as will the cleveland Leborings.

Cavs do have the easiest road to the eastern conf finals. I wouldve so much rather face your team in the 1st round as most of your guys are soft. Chi will be an intense physical series. If we meet in the e Conf finals we'll be pretty beat up but hey lets get it on.

Hunter_82

20-04-2007 11:53:10

Pistons vs. Suns for the Finals. I just don't see anyone knocking off the pistons in the east although i would like to see it. And the suns are fun to watch so i'll cheer for them all the way! I also think it would be great if the Warriors knocked off the Mavs! Nothing against Dallas...just going for the huge underdogs!!!

JJPRO11

20-04-2007 13:50:56

im a cavs fan.. boy did the bulls mess up by missing out on such an easy matchup in the two seed.

gimme_m0e

20-04-2007 15:15:39

GO LAKERS! lol

justinag06

20-04-2007 15:57:46

real quickly I wouldn't read too much into the season record in the mavs / GS matchup. The first loss was one of the mavs 1st 4 games they all lost. The 2nd was the 2nd of a back to back road game. The third the mavericks didn't play any of their starters.

I like the mavs or spurs to win it all. If phoenix makes it in out the west then I think they have a good shot, but it's going to be tough for them considering SA kinda owns them right now. If the Heat make it back to the finals then I'd be worried this year more than last but still give the edge to the west.

mpj31

20-04-2007 16:06:37

magic play detroit big guy

zr2152

21-04-2007 18:48:40

[quote980899249a="mpj31"]magic play detroit big guy[/quote980899249a]

already taken care of.

Also, my cavs do have the easiest road, it would be nice to see a rematch of last yrs second round vs the pistons.

It wouldnt suprise me if the bulls made it to the eastern conference finals. They are actually the team that worries me the most. Luckily the cavs have bene playing well their last few games.

Just wait, Hughes is going to be HUGE during the playoffs. He's due.

good2speed

22-04-2007 09:33:05

ok the heat got beat in game 1.. Hopefully we rebound as I know we will. heat only perform well when everyone doubts them. They need a fire lit underneath them to elevate their level of play. Expect a different Heat team for Game 2.

Anyone catch Ari(jeremy Piven) do the intro for TNT. That was great.

LEts go Warriors. Mavs going down today.

zr2152

22-04-2007 12:09:28

Didnt I say that Hughes is going tobe HUGE this series?

27 pts and the cavs easily win game 1.

good2speed

22-04-2007 13:52:58

[quotef7b462a82f="zr2152"]Didnt I say that Hughes is going tobe HUGE this series?

27 pts and the cavs easily win game 1.[/quotef7b462a82f]

oh relax your playing Washington's JV team. If you dont win in 4 something is seriously wrong with your team

zr2152

22-04-2007 15:11:53

[quote184902edd8="good2speed"][quote184902edd8="zr2152"]Didnt I say that Hughes is going tobe HUGE this series?

27 pts and the cavs easily win game 1.[/quote184902edd8]

oh relax your playing Washington's JV team. If you dont win in 4 something is seriously wrong with your team[/quote184902edd8]

Im relaxed. They did play their JV team..haha.

BUt yeah we should win in 4, but I do see it going to 5, which is normal. But yeah its just that im a die hard Cavs fan.

Too bad no one else posts here in this thread, looks like its just going to be you and me.

good2speed

22-04-2007 15:15:42

[quotec080d57e01="zr2152"][quotec080d57e01="good2speed"][quotec080d57e01="zr2152"]Didnt I say that Hughes is going tobe HUGE this series?

27 pts and the cavs easily win game 1.[/quotec080d57e01]

oh relax your playing Washington's JV team. If you dont win in 4 something is seriously wrong with your team[/quotec080d57e01]

BUt yeah we should win in 4, but I do see it going to 5, which is normal. But yeah its just that im a die hard Cavs fan.

Too bad no one else posts here in this thread, looks like its just going to be you and me.[/quotec080d57e01]

justin will be on later on when the mavs play and wolfe woud post too but his Clippers didnt make it. Most everyone is waiting and hoping for a heat series loss so they can flood this thread. )

jy3

22-04-2007 15:17:29

esctatic over the nets win yesterday. that and the devils win today were sweet )

justinag06

22-04-2007 15:50:36

[quotebdd47bb23e="good2speed"][quotebdd47bb23e="zr2152"][quotebdd47bb23e="good2speed"][quotebdd47bb23e="zr2152"]Didnt I say that Hughes is going tobe HUGE this series?

27 pts and the cavs easily win game 1.[/quotebdd47bb23e]

oh relax your playing Washington's JV team. If you dont win in 4 something is seriously wrong with your team[/quotebdd47bb23e]

Too bad no one else posts here in this thread, looks like its just going to be you and me.[/quotebdd47bb23e]

justin will be on later on when the mavs play and wolfe woud post too but his Clippers didnt make it. Most everyone is waiting and hoping for a heat series loss so they can flood this thread. )[/quotebdd47bb23e]

I tried my best not to boast about the mavs this season, because they have shown enough to be considered the elite team, and I'm never going to start counting my eggs too early again!

zr2152

22-04-2007 16:10:17

[quote8b7bc049ef="justinag06"][quote8b7bc049ef="good2speed"][quote8b7bc049ef="zr2152"][quote8b7bc049ef="good2speed"][quote8b7bc049ef="zr2152"]Didnt I say that Hughes is going tobe HUGE this series?

27 pts and the cavs easily win game 1.[/quote8b7bc049ef]

oh relax your playing Washington's JV team. If you dont win in 4 something is seriously wrong with your team[/quote8b7bc049ef]

Too bad no one else posts here in this thread, looks like its just going to be you and me.[/quote8b7bc049ef]

justin will be on later on when the mavs play and wolfe woud post too but his Clippers didnt make it. Most everyone is waiting and hoping for a heat series loss so they can flood this thread. )[/quote8b7bc049ef]

I tried my best not to boast about the mavs this season, because they have shown enough to be considered the elite team, and I'm never going to start counting my eggs too early again![/quote8b7bc049ef]

YEah the mavs are unbelieveable.

Iloveipods2

22-04-2007 21:03:36

GOOOOO DALLAS!!

good2speed

22-04-2007 21:36:45

lol. Good game by the Warriors. You guys should be scared of B Davis he was on fire for the entire game and what happened to Dirk. You guys better start taking the Warriors more seriously.

Normally Id root against the Mavs in any series just out of spite but in this series I have genuine interest in wanting GS to win. They're a good team and have taken the first step in providing the biggest upset in the history of profeesional sports.

zr2152

23-04-2007 11:33:15

[quote7cdd5ee8e1="good2speed"]lol. Good game by the Warriors. You guys should be scared of B Davis he was on fire for the entire game and what happened to Dirk. You guys better start taking the Warriors more seriously.

Normally Id root against the Mavs in any series just out of spite but in this series I have genuine interest in wanting GS to win. They're a good team and have taken the first step in providing the [b7cdd5ee8e1]biggest upset in the history of profeesional sports[/b7cdd5ee8e1].[/quote7cdd5ee8e1]

shock shock

CougarKid

23-04-2007 11:41:21

[quoteda28ec9519="zr2152"][quoteda28ec9519="good2speed"]lol. Good game by the Warriors. You guys should be scared of B Davis he was on fire for the entire game and what happened to Dirk. You guys better start taking the Warriors more seriously.

Normally Id root against the Mavs in any series just out of spite but in this series I have genuine interest in wanting GS to win. They're a good team and have taken the first step in providing the [bda28ec9519]biggest upset in the history of profeesional sports[/bda28ec9519].[/quoteda28ec9519]

shock shock[/quoteda28ec9519]

I have to agree with those shock shock

Biggest upset? Off the top of my head I can think of one that easily would top this series. How about USA hockey team over Russia? Do you believe in miracles? lol

tylerc

23-04-2007 12:51:48

Bit dramatic.

good2speed

23-04-2007 13:05:50

do we need to write in green now for you guys to understand sarcasm. Of course its not the biggest upset ever. The Warriors are a good team and are capable of taking out the Mavs.

and yes a 15-2 upset in the Ncaa tournament is a much bigger upset then the Warriors winning this series.

zr2152

23-04-2007 13:23:24

Yeah i know what you meant. I got the sarcasm but I just thouhgt that it was funny.

Its hard to saying something is a HUGE upset in the first round.

But yeah the warriors are good and they are capable.

Hunter_82

23-04-2007 14:08:17

From the sounds of it the Mavs are out already!
I'm routing for the Warriors, however, i still think the mavs will win the series. Looks like they have their hands full though.

Offer4All

23-04-2007 18:43:05

You got to believe that the Mavs will be better in the playoffs that they were in the regular session. Golden State has no chance against them, Avery is a great coach and you know he has something planned for his team.

ILoveToys

23-04-2007 18:57:35

Detroit is looking like they did back when they took down the lakers. I know they play in the East, and didn't have the best record to begin with this year, but they are looking sharp coming into the playoffs...

Detroit VS San Antonio...rematch from a couple years ago.

good2speed

23-04-2007 19:41:12

[quoteb82e8eaccb="Offer4All"]You got to believe that the Mavs will be better in the playoffs that they were in the regular session. Golden State has no chance against them, Avery is a great coach and you know he has something planned for his team.[/quoteb82e8eaccb]

be careful what you say. If GS does beat them I might have to use that line as a sig.

Quick name the Warriors record after the All star break.

justinag06

23-04-2007 20:54:36

look the warriors are a better team then their record dictates, they picked up a bunch of players that indiana dumped after the break. Also this is the west, a team that limps in with a .500 record, would be a #4 seed in the east.

Again I'm not jumping ship on the mavs yet. Byron Davis has a monster game, and Dirk fizzles, that probably won't be indicative of the series as a whole.

I dunno why they started Dirk at center, but Avery will make the necessary adjustments and this will be a good series.

On a side note, I'd love to see Cuban shut the fuck up, until we are holding a goddamn title. I know he is trying to promote the league, and sell his team and I love his enthusiasm as a fan/owner but it's the playoffs now so let your team do the talking themselves on the court.

good2speed

23-04-2007 21:18:46

[quoted4a79207c5="justinag06"]look the warriors are a better team then their record dictates, they picked up a bunch of players that indiana dumped after the break. Also this is the west, a team that limps in with a .500 record, would be a #4 seed in the east.

Again I'm not jumping ship on the mavs yet. Byron Davis has a monster game, and Dirk fizzles, that probably won't be indicative of the series as a whole.

I dunno why they started Dirk at center, but Avery will make the necessary adjustments and this will be a good series. [/quoted4a79207c5]

I dont know if Dirk can get going since the Warriors are sending a second defender as soon as Dirk puts the ball on the floor. By doing this Dirk will be unable to setup his patented turnaround from the high post. Also if you confuse Dirk with different schemes he will have to give the ball up and will become a non factor. Avery really needs a better gameplan for game 2.

[quoted4a79207c5="justinag06"]
On a side note, I'd love to see Cuban shut the fuck up, until we are holding a goddamn title. I know he is trying to promote the league, and sell his team and I love his enthusiasm as a fan/owner but it's the playoffs now so let your team do the talking themselves on the court.[/quoted4a79207c5]

good to hear someone from Dallas realizing Cubans childish antics. Do the sports talk show host ever rip into Cuban for crying to much?

Offer4All

23-04-2007 22:09:28

[quotea9523bee2d="good2speed"][quotea9523bee2d="Offer4All"]You got to believe that the Mavs will be better in the playoffs that they were in the regular session. Golden State has no chance against them, Avery is a great coach and you know he has something planned for his team.[/quotea9523bee2d]

be careful what you say. If GS does beat them I might have to use that line as a sig.

Quick name the Warriors record after the All star break.[/quotea9523bee2d]

The Mavs do not have the best record in the league for doing nothing, but Golden State does have a chance.

I'm more concerned about the Lakers-Suns game, it will be a repeat of last year but with a different ending to game 7.

Hunter_82

24-04-2007 09:43:25

Lakers will be out quick if Kobe continues to put up huge numbers like....1 assist....

good2speed

24-04-2007 10:21:12

[quote02c29df9e4="Hunter_82"]Lakers will be out quick if Kobe continues to put up huge numbers like....1 assist....[/quote02c29df9e4]

lol they know Kobe is a ballhog even in Idaho. In reality though you are right. Kobe spends way too much energy druing the first 3 quarters trying to keep the Lakers in the game but usually is burnt out/ tired by the 4th quarter. It was so much easier for hium with SHaq. Let the bug guy dominate the 1st 3 quarters and then you take over the 4th as the closer. Oh well no complaints here as Wade has assummed your role. Good luck Laker fans this will be a dissapointing series as you have no one who can guard Amare or Barbosa

justinag06

25-04-2007 01:42:54

[quote6d373c8e26="good2speed"]They need a fire lit underneath them to elevate their level of play. Expect a different Heat team for Game 2.[/quote6d373c8e26]

Is it getting warm under there yet G2S?
twisted

This was actually the first full game I watched thus far in the playoffs, pretty exciting, Heat looked like they were going to make it a game in the 2nd quarter but just never could get the bulls to slow down.

Also looks like Wade high turnover rate is a factor again. Will he be able to overcome it? He seems to need to get to the line for about 20 shots to beat a decent team, yet he only really drove the lane a handful of times successfully.

mnx12

25-04-2007 02:01:34

Wow, I haven't watched basketball in years. It's not super boring like football or baseball is, I have just lost interest.

good2speed

25-04-2007 07:49:17

[quotea6e164744e="justinag06"][quotea6e164744e="good2speed"]They need a fire lit underneath them to elevate their level of play. Expect a different Heat team for Game 2.[/quotea6e164744e]

Is it getting warm under there yet G2S?
twisted

This was actually the first full game I watched thus far in the playoffs, pretty exciting, Heat looked like they were going to make it a game in the 2nd quarter but just never could get the bulls to slow down.

Also looks like Wade high turnover rate is a factor again. Will he be able to overcome it? He seems to need to get to the line for about 20 shots to beat a decent team, yet he only really drove the lane a handful of times successfully.[/quotea6e164744e]

oh its steaming hot right now . wink

I figure I cant get too down on the Heat since they were in the exact same position last year in the finals and we all know how that turned out. I will say that I'm worried this year since the Heat don't have a single moment during the regular season that they were actually a good team and beat a qulaity opponent. Not once this year. That whole flipping the switch on when its time works but you need to have in season success as something to motivate and give your team confidence. Its like the Heat have to travel all the way back to last year to find a time they played good as a team and beat a quality opponent. But hey you can never give up hope. Hopefully there is something special in that water in Miami that the players are missing out on. Game 3 is Firday lets see if the Heat can climb out of the whole.

For now lets get ready for Warriors vs Mavs Game 2. And oh ya did anyone catch lamar Odom crying during an interview last night on TNT. Kobe hogs the ball so much that even his teamamates cry.

manOFice

25-04-2007 07:52:47

I used to watch NBA ball all the time when I was younger, I wouldn't miss a game on TV, I don't know what happened to that...

I liked Orlando Magic back in the day

good2speed

25-04-2007 08:02:01

[quotefc6c585d51="O4F-Manofice"]I used to watch NBA ball all the time when I was younger, I wouldn't miss a game on TV, I don't know what happened to that...

I liked Orlando Magic back in the day[/quotefc6c585d51]

ya I was diehard Knicks fan from late 80's all the way up to about 2000. I started to lose interest in the NBA once the Knicks signed Allan Houston to that 100 mil contract and self destructed. I wouldnt watch to much regular season but would always tune in to see the palyoffs. Was a tough time even then as the hated Lakers were winning rings.

In 2003 I started to get back in to watching more regular season and watched an early DWade game and was impressed by his level of play almost instantly. I figured it was just one good game but ended up seeing his nesxt game and the great performances just followed him. I liked the whole playing the underdog role while Carmelo and Lebron got all the hype.

Ever since i've just watched a lot of Heat games and this year a lot of Warriors games. Jessica Alba is so hot BTW and is a Warrirors fan.

I will admit though this has been one of the most boring regular seasons in quite a lontime and I more then anybody have been waiting for these playoffs to start. The level of talent in these playoffs is very hgih and I expect most series to be heavyweight slugfests. Just wait till the second round when things get even more interesting.

justinag06

25-04-2007 11:14:05

http//www.seancoon.org/wp-content/postimages/nowitzki_drunk.jpg[" alt=""/imge9f71ee4be]

this is what nowitzki thinks of your heat G2S, lol

zr2152

25-04-2007 11:31:07

haha

shhhhwasstedddd

dossiej

25-04-2007 19:55:57

heat vs spurs!

justinag06

27-04-2007 10:56:07

no aaad no.

Spurs beat the nuggets, but can they hold their grasp on the team for the next 5 games or are they too old to keep up?

Utah finally shows up us good defensive effort and maybe a catalyst to Yao/McGrady...just stop everyone else. I know that worked for Dallas 2 years ago, in their series. Gotta see another game to see how the series plays out.

Must win for Miami tonight. Is Wade going to put on a show? Or will Chicago still keep running circles around the heat? Will Antonie Walker ever stop throwing up horrible shots? No.

Big game for the Mavs tonight, the momentum seemed to switch in that series last game when the Warriors didn't lose the game, they just lost themselves to the pressure of a big game. Can Baron Davis's knee really hold up over a 7 game series? What about 4 of them? What about Stephen Jackson, could be an all star if he could just control his outbreaks. Dallas still isn't playing their best game either, and now they got a little confidence from that last win.

I liked seeing the lakers win last night, but i doubt they are going to do much else in the series.

I haven't gotten to see the Toronto/NJ series yet, thanks for sticking it on a channel no one has. I love watching everything about the NFL draft for 3 months leading up to it. Wait should Oakland draft Russel I forget, you only told me 7 times a day since February? Does this not piss off anyone else? I mean ABC would never air a Baseball Off season training special in place of a NFL game. So why are watching the NFL draft over the NBA playoffs and MLB now?

Detroit has won already, as has Cleveland. Because jamison is such an offensive force, it makes me wonder if Gilbert Arenas wasn't the leagues biggest ball hog just how good could the wizards be?

Wolfeman

27-04-2007 11:05:39

Just got on this thread. I hate the Lakers but I'm kinda rooting for them. At least they didn't get swept...

justinag06

27-04-2007 11:09:58

I used to hate the lakers but now i root for them, they are underdogs. It's kobe vs the world.

tylerc

27-04-2007 12:29:01

PACERS FTW!

Oh wait....

good2speed

27-04-2007 12:50:28

[quote4da61279e0="justinag06"]
Spurs beat the nuggets, but can they hold their grasp on the team for the next 5 games or are they too old to keep up?[/quote4da61279e0]

I know your a Mavs fan and the Spurs are a hated team but would you seriously bet against them in this series.

Utah finally shows up us good defensive effort and maybe a catalyst to Yao/McGrady...just stop everyone else. I know that worked for Dallas 2 years ago, in their series. Gotta see another game to see how the series plays out.[/quote4da61279e0]

Hoping this series goes 7 just to see if TMac can handle a game 7. Good thing they will have homecourt.

Must win for Miami tonight. Is Wade going to put on a show? Or will Chicago still keep running circles around the heat? Will Antonie Walker ever stop throwing up horrible shots? No. [/quote4da61279e0]

Hopefully Shaq woke Wade up at 3 in the morning again to let him know we cant lose this game. At the very least we don't have to hear about 'Posey sucks' for a few more days. Expect hostile treatment towards the Bulls @ the AAA.

Big game for the Mavs tonight, the momentum seemed to switch in that series last game when the Warriors didn't lose the game, they just lost themselves to the pressure of a big game. Can Baron Davis's knee really hold up over a 7 game series? What about 4 of them? What about Stephen Jackson, could be an all star if he could just control his outbreaks. Dallas still isn't playing their best game either, and now they got a little confidence from that last win. [/quote4da61279e0]

The fans in GS will be fired up tonight. Its been 15 years since theyve seen a playoff game. Dont think for a second Baron and Sjax dont want to make up for their ejectios the other night. I can already feel Cuban seething at the fact the league still hasnt suspended Sjax yet and will use it as a crutch as why the Mavs lost.

I liked seeing the lakers win last night, but i doubt they are going to do much else in the series.[/quote4da61279e0]

you are correct. Suns had a bad game and couldnt adjust to Lakers swarming Nash all game. D'anotni just has to fine tune the offense and the Suns play with more purpose and this series is over.

Detroit has won already, as has Cleveland. Because jamison is such an offensive force, it [b4da61279e0]makes me wonder if Gilbert Arenas wasn't the leagues biggest ball hog[/b4da61279e0] just how good could the wizards be?[/quote4da61279e0]

shock

you cant be serious. Antwan is ok but nayone can look like an offensive force if they are the only option. In fact Antoine Walker could be described as an offensive threat in his early years in Boston. Joe Johnson can put up great numbers in ATl but cant win too many games by himself.

Wiz go nowhere without Arenas. He is their soul. Jamison and Butler are great players in their own right but this team is predicated on what Gilbert can do. How could you hate on hibachi?

Hunter_82

27-04-2007 17:32:53

I agree...Arenas is an amazing player and makes the Wizards go! Unfortunately he also made my fantasy team go and i lost in the championship without him!!! evil

justinag06

27-04-2007 17:47:14

yeah, he is obviously there best player, but he needs to play better team ball. He could do so much with that team, as opposed to bragging about he is going to drop 50 on you, and throwing up eggs all night long. Jamison is a much better offensive force then he gets credit for, he shot 55% the year he played in dallas, so he obviously can take a dish and make his shots.

don't get me started on walker, he is the most selfish player in the NBA, each and every game revolves around him padding his stats regardless of how bad the shots he takes are.

I'm never going to bet against the spurs because they are greatness, every year a team slips just a little bit the spurs are there to win the championship. The nuggets can beat them though, and I think it would be interesting to see. I guess the older comment is kinda bunk on my part, since duncan is playing his best in years.

Hunter_82

27-04-2007 19:56:29

So Heat fans...just wondering...you feeling any pressure yet? I'm sure the Heat are still fine...the way they shot free throws tonight, there seems to be no sense or urgency at all! The Bulls are a lot of fun to watch, i really enjoyed the game! There were some hard fouls by Miami weren't there....??? Seems its not the first time either.

Edit And wow...anyone see the mavs/warriors game? Any reason Dallas decided not to make the flight to Golden State? They better wake up, the warriors are obviously not scared of those 67 wins and Dallas seems to think their regular season success will give them a free ride through the playoffs.

kidd2108

27-04-2007 22:13:54

I am impressed by GS. I expected a strong series, but the Mavs are just being out-everything. GS is so much quicker, the Mavs couldnt rebound, they were being outhustled, and Dirk, the MVP candidate, was a non-factor.

A GS vs. Suns conference finals would be nice. Imagine the scoring...and no defense.

justinag06

28-04-2007 01:25:22

a couple things

1. mark cuban for all the shit we are giving him hasnt opened his mouth. blogmaverick.com not one word since the playoffs were set to begin yet.

2. The mavs have their heads planted firmly in their asses, and dont have much time to get them out. I'm not going to worry yet, but if they lose again I will start to.

3. golden state is going to be a top 4 team next year in the west.

now that the heat are pretty dead, I am very much impressed with the bulls. The east is looking really hard to pick a winner. I'm not ready to bet on the Lebron's quite yet, especially if Kidd and the nets are playing like that for real. I am not sure if chicago will give detroit trouble either.

I could really see any of those teams coming out of the east, and a couple giving a western conference team trouble.

Fr1zzank

28-04-2007 07:25:30

[quoteaa68b1057a="justinag06"]I could really see any of those teams coming out of the east, and a couple giving a western conference team trouble.[/quoteaa68b1057a]

One of those teams the Raps?? Ha, ha. Hope they smarten up and get past the Nets. Anyone think the Raps could be a scary team for a long time soon?

My picks Dallas vs. Detroit in the finals. Dallas in 6.

good2speed

28-04-2007 10:06:44

[quote9c01354248="Hunter_82"]I agree...Arenas is an amazing player and makes the Wizards go! Unfortunately he also made my fantasy team go and i lost in the championship without him!!! evil[/quote9c01354248]

Ya I played ina H2H league this year and went 22-0 heading into the championship week and lost becuase Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jermaine Oneal, and Tracy Mcgrady all took games off for various bs reasons. At least Gilbert was actually injured. I lost my league because of tanking and players deciding to hang it up a few games early. I'm never playing H2H again. Its way too unpredictable for the last week of the season.

[quote9c01354248="justinag06"] Jamison is a much better offensive force then he gets credit for, [b9c01354248]he shot 55% the year he played in dallas[/b9c01354248], so he obviously can take a dish and make his shots.
[/quote9c01354248]

ya and you ended up trading him within a year for Jerry Stackhouse.

[quote9c01354248="Hunter_82"]So Heat fans...just wondering...you feeling any pressure yet? [/quote9c01354248]

Stick a fork in the Heat for the 06-07 season. Its over. Not really too upset since Wade isnt really 100% and if he were he'd be dropiing 40 in must win games and not going 2-8 from the ft line. Defeintely off his game this year and we can only hope he comes back even stronger after surgery. Heat will have to retool this summer and will most likely be revamped for next year. Basicallly the core stays the same Shaq, Wade, and Haslem. Everyone else on the roster is expendable since they played like crap in this series. Jwill is so gone, Antoine if we can get rid of him is gone, Posey is gone(unrestrcited free agent, Chi should pick him up), Payton retires, and Zo retires.

Heat will have a lot of decisions to make for the off season. Wade will have his surgery and will also have his second child this summer. Hopefully he'll comeback next year re-energized,

Wade's goals for next year in priority

1) have surgery and heal quick
2) have 2nd child
3) practice and work on game even more with intent to win MVP next year
4) get into Barkleys 5

[quote9c01354248="kidd2108"]I am impressed by GS. I expected a strong series, but the Mavs are just being out-everything. GS is so much quicker, the Mavs couldnt rebound, they were being outhustled, [b9c01354248]and Dirk, the MVP candidate, was a non-factor. [/b9c01354248]

A GS vs. Suns conference finals would be nice. Imagine the scoring...and no defense.[/quote9c01354248]

You shouldnt be surprised @ Dirk Choking. At least Wade had one thing right this year

'You're remembered for what you did at the end.... Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but [b9c01354248]he's the reason they lost the championship because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments[/b9c01354248].'

GS will have problems even if they win this series. Utah or Houston will give them matchup problems. They can run small ball effectively with the Mavs since they dont have a low post opiton to pound the ball into. Lets not get to ahead of ourselves.

[quote9c01354248="justinag06"]a couple things

1. mark cuban for all the shit we are giving him hasnt opened his mouth. blogmaverick.com not one word since the playoffs were set to begin yet.[/quote9c01354248]

Were not mad at him because of his words, although hes said plenty of bs in the past already. Were mad at him for his child like demeanor. Sitting there like a 5 year old who didnt get ice cream. Looking at the refs like they raped his family.

[quote9c01354248="justinag06"]
2. The mavs have their heads planted firmly in their asses, and dont have much time to get them out. I'm not going to worry yet, but if they lose again I will start to.[/quote9c01354248]

I cant wait till Sunday. I'll feel so much better if you guys go out in the first round like the Heat. ;) If that happens Id imagine the trash talking from Dal and Mia will cool down significantly.

3. golden state is going to be a top 4 team next year in the west.[/quote9c01354248]
shock
No they are not. You just dont matchup well with them. PHX, SA, Hou, Uta, and even Den are still all ahead of GS on the depth chart since they all have a low post option to punish the W's with their small ball.

Im actually a really big GS fan and would love a top 4 finish next year but they still have a long way to go. Monta Eliis and Biedrins will need to improve even more over the summer for this team even to get into the top 6 next year in the west. Biedrins is impressive but will need to bulk up this summer to become more effective at the 5.

now that the heat are pretty dead, I am very much impressed with the bulls. The east is looking really hard to pick a winner. I'm not ready to bet on the Lebron's quite yet, especially if Kidd and the nets are playing like that for real. I am not sure if chicago will give detroit trouble either.

I could really see any of those teams coming out of the east, and a couple giving a western conference team trouble.[/quote9c01354248]

The east is all Detroit's now. Chris Webber may actually make it to a finals. Chauncey and Rip will neutralize Hinrich and Gordon and Tayshaun will bring Deng back from MVP status. Rasheed will stretch the D by spoting up by the 3 point line and Webber will also bring Ben Wallace out to the perimeter since Web is mor eof a high post kind of player.

[quote9c01354248="Fr1zzank"]

One of those teams the Raps?? Ha, ha. Hope they smarten up and get past the Nets. [b9c01354248]Anyone think the Raps could be a scary team for a long time soon?[/b9c01354248]
[/quote9c01354248]

No. Bargnani still has a long way to go. Your a veteran team with 30 year olds Garbajosa and Anthony PArker. They will get older sooner then later. Your two best players Ford and Bosh aren't good enough by themselves and will need a likely high scoring wing player. Hey if you can pick up someone like Vince youd be right there. ;)

good2speed

28-04-2007 10:31:30

She will be @ GAme 4[/size53a5fa4562]

http//www.cassiel.net/Galleries3/Jessica_Alba/images/Jessica_Alba_15.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562]

[size=1853a5fa4562]but not for this guy[/size53a5fa4562]

[img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.5ff22cb89c3d4099bdf4df1a64c4d4b9.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cams120.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562][img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.115acf28991a481c86feb71d582bbb47.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cams117.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562]

[size=1853a5fa4562]or these guys[/size53a5fa4562]

[img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.f6c6638e90994fe8b3f2a66a90d4df74.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cams119.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562][img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.e9ed2f54b10a46ab89d9b190d48329e2.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cajc110.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562]

[size=1853a5fa4562]she will be there to support her friend Baron and the rest of the Warriors.[/size53a5fa4562]

[img="53a5fa4562]http//us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/tools/med/2007/04/ipt/1177742473.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562][img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.9b1f1f99008642d7bf70331691673d42.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cajc111.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562]

[img="53a5fa4562]http//d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20070428/capt.sge.tip20.280407063607.photo00.photo.default-336x512.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562][img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.bc8a4a92702f4e31bb1280f6ddb44f55.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cajc112.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562]

[img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.beabddb59180497a96a74b526a193a5d.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cajc107.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562][img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.b864b53d299940e1a7ea9cfee6a49540.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cajc103.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562]

[size=1853a5fa4562]Theyve waited over 15 years for a playoff win. They deserved this[/size53a5fa4562]

[img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.32fb75fbe7eb40c7a9ea2bacab7441a7.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cams118.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562][img="53a5fa4562]http//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.c1d83bd2e9cf438ab902d5b03d6cfac0.mavericks_warriors_basketball_cams112.jpg[" alt=""/img53a5fa4562]

Fr1zzank

28-04-2007 12:35:56

[quote464cc7173e="good2speed"]No. Bargnani still has a long way to go. Your a veteran team with 30 year olds Garbajosa and Anthony PArker. They will get older sooner then later. Your two best players Ford and Bosh aren't good enough by themselves and will need a likely high scoring wing player. Hey if you can pick up someone like Vince youd be right there. ;)[/quote464cc7173e]

Well, they've got the potential. They've arguably got the best true point-guard duo in the NBA in Ford and Calderon. Bell and Nash are probably better, but Bell is more of a 2 than a 1.

If Bargs develops quickly, they'll have a nightmare frontcourt with Bosh and Il Mago. They'll still need a banger centre, but even still, they're a mismatch for any team.

I'll agree with you completely on your comment on them needing a wing scorer though. If they could get someone like Gerald Wallce... ouch.

And, to top it off, they've got Bryan Colangelo. The man is a genius, and will find talent where others see nothing (Parker, anyone?). So, they may have some age in the players you mentioned, but you better believe that Colangelo will find some younger talent to fill their shoes when they get too old.

So, I contend that in 2 to 3 years, the Raps should really start becoming a legitimate threat. Then, figure in that their core players are all 24 years old or younger, it stands to reason that they could stay a threat for a long time.

Just my humble opinion, however.

good2speed

28-04-2007 13:51:58

[quoted9f09412c8="Fr1zzank"]
Well, they've got the potential. They've arguably got the best true point-guard duo in the NBA in Ford and Calderon. Bell and Nash are probably better, but Bell is more of a 2 than a 1.[/quoted9f09412c8]

I think PHX point guard duo is Barbos and Nash and they are miles ahead of Ford and Calderon. And I also think Baron Davis and Monta Ellis are a better duo then Ford and Calderon

If Bargs develops quickly, they'll have a nightmare frontcourt with Bosh and Il Mago. They'll still need a banger centre, but even still, they're a mismatch for any team.

I'll agree with you completely on your comment on them needing a wing scorer though. If they could get someone like Gerald Wallce... ouch.[/quoted9f09412c8]

your frontcourt is good but I doubt youd be able to get G Wallace in free agency. You should be only about 3-4 million under the cap and Wallace is gonna go for about 8-10 mil a year. Collangelo is going to have to find a mid level player or try to make out on a trade with limited bargaining chips. Who knows maybe you find another Euro gem on a an inexpensive contract.

And, to top it off, they've got Bryan Colangelo. The man is a genius, and will find talent where others see nothing (Parker, anyone?). So, they may have some age in the players you mentioned, but you better believe that Colangelo will find some younger talent to fill their shoes when they get too old.[/quoted9f09412c8]

Ya Collangelo does a pretty good job but Id give most of the credit for the Euros to Maurizio Gherardini. He brought in Garbojosa and probably advised on Parker. But no doubt Collangelo has an eye for talent

So, I contend that in 2 to 3 years, the Raps should really start becoming a legitimate threat. Then, figure in that their core players are all 24 years old or younger, it stands to reason that they could stay a threat for a long time.

Just my humble opinion, however.[/quoted9f09412c8]

ya I agree with you that Tor's core has potential. I think it may have better this year to stay in the lottery. Youd be much ebtter with a Corey Brewer type of player. But hey I do see you owning the Atlantic for many years as long as Boston doesnt get Durant or Oden

justinag06

28-04-2007 14:15:54

stackhouse and harris my friend. A very good trade. Also just because the NBA decides to put Cuban's face on TV every two minutes shouldn't bother you any more then the next NBA fan they show on tv acting the same way. He is purely a fan when he goes to the games now, he isn't calling out the refs of crying to the camera before/after games so you really can't give him shit this year.

good2speed

28-04-2007 14:36:39

[quote8e6d238fac="justinag06"]stackhouse and harris my friend. A very good trade. [/quote8e6d238fac]

Ya you got Harris whos turns into the biggest baby whenever a foul is called against him. Hes a marginal talent and doesnt even have as much upside as a Monta Ellis. Harris isnt a great passer or scorer he just got acclaim because Dallas made it to the finals last year.I still think you pulled the plug on Nash way too early. Your lineup should be

Nash
Howard
Jamison
Dirk
Damp

Now thats a cahmpionship squad

[quote8e6d238fac="justinag06"]
Also just because the NBA decides to put Cuban's face on TV every two minutes shouldn't bother you any more then the next NBA fan they show on tv acting the same way. [b8e6d238fac]He is purely a fan when he goes to the games now, he isn't calling out the refs[/b8e6d238fac] of crying to the camera before/after games so you really can't give him shit this year.[/quote8e6d238fac]

Did you completely miss game one. Why all the supprt behind Cuban now. In fact why the hell are you talking about Cuban. hes not that important. Id be more worried about what Dallas needs to do to get themselves back in this series who cares about Cuban.

Fear the Beard(Baron) and remind Dirk to not stare in aww @ Jessica Alba all game.

Hunter_82

28-04-2007 14:53:14

Bye Bye Magic....Shocker!!! roll Also, i gotta agree with the Davis/Ellis duo. Davis is dominant if he can just stay healthy. And Monte Ellis has impressed me all season long!

Fr1zzank

28-04-2007 19:23:38

Ellis and Davis ARE good, but are either of them really TRUE, pass-first point guards? That's why I was saying TOR's duo is probably the best TRUE PG combo in the league. Again, Barbosa is likely more of a 2 than a 1.

Also, I'd be worried about Davis' health. He seems a little injury prone. Yeah, Ford had that wicked spine injury, but he seems to have recovered. Meh, maybe it's a stalemate. Davis and Ellis can outscore Ford and Calderon any day, but Ford and Calderon seem to be more geared toward getting the whole team going.

Apples and oranges.

Hunter_82

28-04-2007 19:40:51

[quotee30f15fbd1="Fr1zzank"]Ellis and Davis ARE good, but are either of them really TRUE, pass-first point guards? That's why I was saying TOR's duo is probably the best TRUE PG combo in the league. Again, Barbosa is likely more of a 2 than a 1.

Also, I'd be worried about Davis' health. He seems a little injury prone. Yeah, Ford had that wicked spine injury, but he seems to have recovered. Meh, maybe it's a stalemate. Davis and Ellis can outscore Ford and Calderon any day, but Ford and Calderon seem to be more geared toward getting the whole team going.

Apples and oranges.[/quotee30f15fbd1]

Good points, and i'm not arguing with you. Ford has been extremely impressive this year and i like the way calderon looks, and he will get better.
I don't think most realize the stats Baron Davis puts up however. I've owned him every year in Fantasy basketball (risky, but i love his stats!) and he was number 5 in the leage in Assist per game this year. 1 spot ahead of Ford. Davis assist numbers where actually down this year compared to being number 2 in the leage last year at 8.9 apg. This year he was down to 8.1, still impressive. Calderon was at 5 apg this year, that beats out Ellis who was at 4.1. The 4 of them are different players, but they fit their teams styles.

Edit Also, did you know Davis was number 1 in the leage in steals per game this year and Ellis was number 12? Can't underestimate that!

good2speed

28-04-2007 20:02:58

not sure what we're comparing but either way the term true point guard is vague(see below) and [ba5641d15ea]I'd take Baron and Monta over Ford and Calderon any day[/ba5641d15ea].

what defines a player as a true point guard. I guess you could say a guard that looks to pass before taking his own shots. Nash himself will intiiate the offense and take his own shot with more then 16 seconds remaining on the shot clock.

I guess you could use assist totals but then again Iverson is close to 8-9 assists and most dont consider him a true point guard. You could also use assit to turnover ratio to determine how efficent they are with the ball. I suppose a good line to earn 'true point guard' status would be at least 6 assists a game with at least a 1.75 to 1 asssit to turnover ratio.

With the ever changing dynamics of nba positions its hard to guage the set definition of every position. Is Dwight a true center.... no but he plays the 5 effectively and redefined the spot. Does Dirk play like a power forward. Once again no as Dirk likes hsooting form the perimeter.

Fr1zzank

28-04-2007 20:27:03

Yeah, players and the positions they're supposed to play are getting all muddled. Will Bargnani ever be a "typical" power forward or centre? Unlikely, but he'll play those spots. But yeah, I guess the general requirement for a "pass-first" point guard is someone who looks to pass before shoot.

Now, as for taking Davis and Ellis before Ford and Calderon ANY DAY? Well, depends on the rest of the team, I would think. If you've got a team full of scorers, there's no way I'm throwing Davis and Ellis into the mix. They, Davis especially, will look for their own shot more often than not, which is going to aggravate the team, and make them a much less effective total unit. I'd take Ford and Calderon to spread around the love. However, when you've got a team where there are no real scorers, yeah, Davis and Ellis would do just lovely.

Now, as for Davis and his good assist numbers. It seems like Baron is the kind of player who does things on the court "because he can". It's like he thinks to himself [iadbe07ee2c]I really feel like ripping it up and scoring 36 points tonight[/iadbe07ee2c]. Also seems like he does this season-to-season. Maybe these last couple years he wants to portray himself as more of a true PG, and he's been getting better assist number, "just because he can".

Also, shouldn't a good "true" point guard be judged on his ball skills? For players qualified, Calderon was 4th in the league in assists per turnovers at 3.52. Ford is 23rd overall at 2.58 AST/TO. Meanwhile, Davis is 19th with 2.64, and Ellis isn't even in the top 50. That says something to me about their point guard skills, regardless of their scoring power.

Good numbers on the steals per game, Hunter. Nothing I can say there oops

EDIT Also, look at their per 48 minutes assists numbers. Ford would be second with 12.7, and Calderon would be 6th with 11.5. Davis would be 7th, and Ellis would be 47th. Now, I know people hate "per 48" stats, but maybe this says something about the efficiency with which Ford and Calderon produce during their court time versus Davis' and Ellis'.

good2speed

28-04-2007 21:01:27

[quote98d29f7a91="Fr1zzank"]
Now, as for taking Davis and Ellis before Ford and Calderon ANY DAY? Well, depends on the rest of the team, I would think. If you've got a team full of scorers, there's no way I'm throwing Davis and Ellis into the mix. [/quote98d29f7a91]

you do realize the W's are a team full of scorers.

Lineup
Richardson - former slam dunk winner and known as offensive juggernaut
Jackson - known for defensive abilities but still avgs about 15 a game
HArrington - mainly known as a scorer/3 point threat
Biedrins- has D skills but is similar to Amare in the open court(w/o the jumper)

In fact Id say there top 6-7 players are all scorers.

[b98d29f7a91]They, Davis especially, will look for their own shot more often than not, which is going to aggravate the team, and make them a much less effective total unit[/b98d29f7a91]. I'd take Ford and Calderon to spread around the love. However, when you've got a team where there are no real scorers, yeah, Davis and Ellis would do just lovely.[/quote98d29f7a91]

same response as above. Davis and Ellis are surrounded by scorers and still get evryone involved sicne the W's play an unselfish nelson type of game.

Now, as for Davis and his good assist numbers. It seems like Baron is the kind of player who does things on the court "because he can". It's like he thinks to himself [i98d29f7a91][b98d29f7a91]I really feel like ripping it up and scoring 36 points tonight[/i98d29f7a91][/b98d29f7a91]. Also seems like he does this season-to-season. Maybe these last couple years he wants to portray himself as more of a true PG, and he's been getting better assist number, "just because he can".[/quote98d29f7a91]

Baron doesnt play like that anymore. He will look for his shot because hes such a dominant offensive force and the team requires his scoring. Baron however also looks to get everyone involved and is the team's motor. They will go as far as he takes them. and trust me with Baron's nba mileage hed rather defer for the msot part and would be happy being a 15-17ppg and 8-10 assists player.

You really need to watch Baron play more his style of play has changed dramatically and he is buying into what Nelson is selling.

Also, shouldn't a good "true" point guard be judged on his ball skills? For players qualified, Calderon was 4th in the league in assists per turnovers at 3.52. Ford is 23rd overall at 2.58 AST/TO. Meanwhile, Davis is 19th with 2.64, and Ellis isn't even in the top 50. That says something to me about their point guard skills, regardless of their scoring power.[/quote98d29f7a91]

I couldve sworn I put something in my post earlier about judging their assit per turnover raio. yes Calderon is very high on the list but Id stil take Monta Ellis over him. Monta has a lot of upside while Calderon is what he is. A good player nonetheless but Id prefer Monta and again that jsut my bias as I'm behind GS

and trying to be unbias I think I would still take the duo of baron/ellis over calderon.ford regardless of team makeup. In fact the only reason I wouldnt have both on my team is if I already had someone better at the position(Nash,Kidd, or Paul/Deron) or if I couldnt find 30 minutes for both players.

The fans arent chanting MVP for Baron for no reason and Monta Ellis didnt win most improved for no reason( beat Deron Williams, Biedrins, Kevin Martin).

good2speed

28-04-2007 21:33:14

Heres a good vid of Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins.

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5yVhujQFL0

and a Ellis poster on BArbosa

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGZOK4tl8iI

another nice mix

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRcogCLMd_o

ILoveToys

28-04-2007 21:48:07

What??? The Pistons are going to roll through the East, and then take care of the beaten down Western Conference Champ????

dragonguy83

29-04-2007 06:27:26

[quote1e176c9737="good2speed"]
Stick a fork in the Heat for the 06-07 season. Its over. Not really too upset since Wade isnt really 100% and if he were he'd be dropiing 40 in must win games and not going 2-8 from the ft line. Defeintely off his game this year and we can only hope he comes back even stronger after surgery. Heat will have to retool this summer and will most likely be revamped for next year. Basicallly the core stays the same Shaq, Wade, and Haslem. Everyone else on the roster is expendable since they played like crap in this series. Jwill is so gone, Antoine if we can get rid of him is gone, Posey is gone(unrestrcited free agent, Chi should pick him up), Payton retires, and Zo retires.

Heat will have a lot of decisions to make for the off season. Wade will have his surgery and will also have his second child this summer. Hopefully he'll comeback next year re-energized,

Wade's goals for next year in priority

1) have surgery and heal quick
2) have 2nd child
3) practice and work on game even more with intent to win MVP next year
4) get into Barkleys 5

The east is all Detroit's now. Chris Webber may actually make it to a finals. Chauncey and Rip will neutralize Hinrich and Gordon and Tayshaun will bring Deng back from MVP status. Rasheed will stretch the D by spoting up by the 3 point line and Webber will also bring Ben Wallace out to the perimeter since Web is mor eof a high post kind of player.

No. Bargnani still has a long way to go. Your a veteran team with 30 year olds Garbajosa and Anthony PArker. They will get older sooner then later. Your two best players Ford and Bosh aren't good enough by themselves and will need a likely high scoring wing player. Hey if you can pick up someone like Vince youd be right there. ;)[/quote1e176c9737]

I am a bulls fan, there is no way the heat will get out of the first round from now on. even if it just shaq wade and haslem(who i like), you saw how shaq is not the shaq of old anymore. he was talking alot of game but couldnt deliver, remember that when wade was out the heat got real hot with the roll players, so dont put the loss to the bulls on him. one last thing about Posey being a free agent and you saying the bulls should sign him. I WOULD STOP WATCHING BASKETBALL IF THAT HAPPENED. we hate him more than anything, does POSEY SUCKS, POSEY SUCKS!! ring a bell. that guy is a coward and does not deserve to wear a ring. i am so scare right now before game 4 that if the bulls start pulling away in the 4rth quater that he will go to his ways and take a cheap shoot at us. I HATE THAT GUY!!

and about the pistons beating the bulls, just remember that the bulls were 3-1 against them this year. we match up very good with them. i have to admitt that they are better and since they just swepted the magic, we need to take care of the heat in game four, so that we are ready for them

ILoveToys

29-04-2007 08:12:16

^^^ You're right...I am a little afraid of the bulls, but it's clear if they stop Ben (and of course I don't mean Wallace) and Deng, then Chicago just doesn't have the scoring ability to keep up. Detroit got a lotter better overall this year.

[u37402df2b6][b37402df2b6]Proof[/b37402df2b6][/u37402df2b6] We know that Big Ben averaged 6.4 ppg, 10.7 rpg, and 2.03 blocks this season and that CWebb averaged 11.2 ppg, 7.2 rpg, and .67 blocks. Now, because 3.5 rpg and 1.36 bpg are not as valuable as that additional 4.8 ppg to the Pistons w/ the roster they have we can conclude that Webber > Ben Wallace. Because Chris Webber > Ben Wallace we can conclude that 2007 Pistons > 2006 Pistons, and we have shown that the Detroit Pistons have gotten better overall this year. [i37402df2b6]QED[/i37402df2b6]

good2speed

29-04-2007 09:12:36

[quote28181f8146="dragonguy83"]
I am a bulls fan, there is no way the heat will get out of the first round from now on. even if it just shaq wade and haslem(who i like), you saw how shaq is not the shaq of old anymore. he was talking alot of game but couldnt deliver, remember that when wade was out the heat got real hot with the roll players, so dont put the loss to the bulls on him. one last thing about Posey being a free agent and you saying the bulls should sign him. I WOULD STOP WATCHING BASKETBALL IF THAT HAPPENED. we hate him more than anything, does POSEY SUCKS, POSEY SUCKS!! ring a bell. that guy is a coward and does not deserve to wear a ring. i am so scare right now before game 4 that if the bulls start pulling away in the 4rth quater that he will go to his ways and take a cheap shoot at us. I HATE THAT GUY!!

and about the pistons beating the bulls, just remember that the bulls were 3-1 against them this year. we match up very good with them. i have to admitt that they are better and since they just swepted the magic, we need to take care of the heat in game four, so that we are ready for them[/quote28181f8146]

not sure what to take from that post since it was poorly presented. I suppose what you were trying to say is Shaq is old, Wade is healthy, and you dislike Posey. WE all know Shaq is getting older so their is no argument there. Wade is not healthy andd would drop 40 on you if he were. 3rd that thing about Posey going to Chi was a joke since I know you guys hate him. YOu have the worst analytical skills ever. Once again I'm debating on whether I should write my jokes/sarcasm in green since you guys seeem incapable of realizing it yourself.

just be happy you won this series. Wade will come back healthy next year.

as far as Det. They will tear you up. You have no distinct adevantage over them. In fact Id say they're better at every position.

Billups >> Hinrich
Hamilton >> Gordon
Tayshaun ~ Deng
Rasheed > PJ Brown
Webber (offense) >>>>>> B Wallace

your only advantage is your bench and thomas and selfolosha will be reduced to spectators. Your team is not that good and Im not that impressed. If you can beat a healthy Wade or Det in 7 games then I'll begin to respect them but until then you'll carry an asterik.

BTW whats up with your trade record. In fact dont answer that just get it fixed.

justinag06

29-04-2007 09:36:47

When you asked me earlier if I would have bet against the spurs, did you seriously bet for Miami this year?

I mean even as the champs they had to realize it would be a tough series, with the addition of wallace, and the fact wade is hurt and all.

Anyhow aren't the pistons somewhat banged up this year? Don't you figure the pistons bulls game will be a battle of the defenses? I think it will be a really good series, and the winner should manhandle the lebron's, I dunno about NJ they always have a great team on paper and come up short.

oh and here is your team leader hibachi
http//sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba_experts/post/Zero-tolerance;_ylt=AoVSJq8Ya15NZKAIh2YeIzG8vLYF?urn=nba,30607

ILoveToys

29-04-2007 09:42:05

The Pistons aren't beat up at all right now. The only person who might have a slight injury would be Delfino (who is fine), who twisted his ankle before the playoffs, and Hunter, who is has been getting fewer minutes since Flip Murray started picking up his play again.

Sure Webber and McDyess have shaky knees but that's nothing new. Our 4 main guys Rip, Big Shot, Prince, and Sheed are all fine.

good2speed

29-04-2007 09:47:52

[quote3436a2f14c="justinag06"]When you asked me earlier if I would have bet against the spurs, did you seriously bet for Miami this year?[/quote3436a2f14c]

hell no. Series was too unpredicatble to put actual money up on the game. I felt the Heat would win but not enough to put money on the series. I was going to take the Heat to win it all but thats just because they were getting 10-1 odds. I would never bet on an injured Wade.

I wouldve bet on these first round series. Tor over Nets( woudlve got burned on this series), Det over Magic, Cle over Was, PHX over Lakers, and SA over Den. Other series were way too unpredictable. I like betting on sure things. I wouldve went 4-0 with ebtting on the 1st round but it looks like the Raps are far from a sure thing.

[quote3436a2f14c="justinag06"]
Anyhow aren't the pistons somewhat banged up this year? Don't you figure the pistons bulls game will be a battle of the defenses? I think it will be a really good series, and the winner should manhandle the lebron's, I dunno about NJ they always have a great team on paper and come up short. [/quote3436a2f14c]

Bulls suck. Its official. Dont expect me to give them any praise. Just some contaxt... last year I like Hinrich and Nocioni after we beat them.

Series will be a bore fest and Im more then confident Det will win. Id even put money on Det winning this series. Heat were banged up and will come bac k stronger next year. Chi frontcourt is doodoo on offense.

[quote3436a2f14c="justinag06"]
oh and here is your team leader hibachi
http//sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba_experts/post/Zero-tolerance;_ylt=AoVSJq8Ya15NZKAIh2YeIzG8vLYF?urn=nba,30607[/quote3436a2f14c]

oh no he wants to bask in the limelight for a team he helped get to the playoffs. Seriously some sports writers jobs must be so boring if this is the best article they could write. Couldnt he try to pick up a storyon the MAvs Warriors series. Whats with this lazy journalism with endless iinnuendos

Wolfeman

29-04-2007 14:57:34

Man you guys love to write...

dragonguy83

29-04-2007 18:08:39

[quote7c55f56ec1="good2speed"][quote7c55f56ec1="dragonguy83"]

and about the pistons beating the bulls, just remember that the bulls were 3-1 against them this year. we match up very good with them. i have to admitt that they are better and since they just swepted the magic, we need to take care of the heat in game four, so that we are ready for them[/quote7c55f56ec1]

not sure what to take from that post since it was poorly presented. I suppose what you were trying to say is Shaq is old, Wade is healthy, and you dislike Posey. WE all know Shaq is getting older so their is no argument there. Wade is not healthy andd would drop 40 on you if he were. 3rd that thing about Posey going to Chi was a joke since I know you guys hate him. YOu have the worst analytical skills ever. Once again I'm debating on whether I should write my jokes/sarcasm in green since you guys seeem incapable of realizing it yourself.

just be happy you won this series. Wade will come back healthy next year.

as far as Det. They will tear you up. You have no distinct advantage over them. In fact Id say they're better at every position.

Billups >> Hinrich
Hamilton >> Gordon
Tayshaun ~ Deng
Rasheed > PJ Brown
Webber (offense) >>>>>> B Wallace

your only advantage is your bench and thomas and selfolosha will be reduced to spectators. Your team is not that good and I'm not that impressed. If you can beat a healthy Wade or Det in 7 games then I'll begin to respect them but until then you'll carry an asterik.

BTW whats up with your trade record. In fact dont answer that just get it fixed.[/quote7c55f56ec1]

Hey man, sorry about that post i was just heated up on anticipation for the game. didnt mean to sound bad, no joke. ok, about wade, he only drops 25 to 30 on chicago. he is not that good playing us, dont know why. to be honest shaq scares the crap out of me. even though he is old, he can win a game just by himself. sorry about the posey part, i just hate him and heard someone else mention him to chi-town once. so my bad there. i would like to think that you would respect us but thats no problem, as much as i hate the heat, i respect there talent when they decide to play. that was there problem this year, no injuries. if you saw them you would agree.
anyways, good series if you are a heat fan, i wont rub it in cause it will come back to me. good luck next year, till you play us. >.

about the pistions, i know that they are a better team but we actually match up well agaisnt them. i dont agree with your theory that position for position, that they are better. we are very close playing teams.

like i said we went 3-1 this year. i know that they can beat us in 5 but i still think we have a shot at them.

finally, thanks for asking about my tr. it was over a trade like 7 months ago, took care of in a week later but no mode would help me even when i had prove that i am not a scammer. so if anyone could help me thanks!!!

you are very knowledgable good2speed but please dont hate on the bulls by saying that we suck, we stepped up and ruined the season of the champs twice, remember opening night.

also, i think alot of people agree that wade is NOT injured, but has the injury in his head, that is his fault. the heat played better without him when he was out and threw them off when he returned.

the winner from the det-chi series will be in the finals. im sure you agree there. what do you think, by the way if you like talking ball, you should come to realgm.com and hit the miami page, there is a board there too..

last thing, i promise. as much as i hate the heat, i really respected how they acted after the game, very cool. i was expecting to see something like bulls and pistons in 91 when the pistons walked out before the game was over. so i have to give them props there. i am getting alittle tired of wade crying though. i dont mean to be a jerk about it

justinag06

29-04-2007 22:18:36

Someone posted this on the Dallas papers mavs blog, and it pretty much sums up how everyone in dallas feels right now.

This hurts so much, as if Romo fumbled and D-Wade ran it back for a touchdown. And he had a beard.

After last year's finals collapse I swore the Mav's off until a return to the NBA finals, but goddammit if they didn't woo me back with this tremendous regular season. It just makes this hurt all the worse now.

Good2speed I am now forgoing all hope and stopping myself from watching, in lieu of a miracle game 7. Like you, basketball is the sport I follow most closely, and also like you my team is going to do a first in the NBA playoffs. Dirk is a choke master, please spare me the barbs. (

Wolfeman

30-04-2007 00:38:11

If GS holds on its one of the biggest upsets in sports history. I only think 1 8 has ever beat a 1 and that was when it was a 5-game series (Denver over Seattle)...

good2speed

30-04-2007 09:33:03

[quote97b5a8a889="dragonguy83"]i would like to think that you would respect us but thats no problem, as much as i hate the heat, i respect there talent when they decide to play. that was there problem this year, no injuries. if you saw them you would agree.
anyways, good series if you are a heat fan, i wont rub it in cause it will come back to me. good luck next year, till you play us. >. [/quote97b5a8a889]

congratulations you guys played a good series. Deng and Gordon stepped up to the plate and Nocioni is a force. Selfolosha and Thomas show a lot of promise and you guys will have a good team for a few years.

Im still hoping the Knicks do not win the number #1 pick and then have to give it off to you. If you somehow get Oden, Durant or any other top 5 pick I will stop watching the NBA.

[quote97b5a8a889="dragonguy83"]
about the pistions, i know that they are a better team but we actually match up well agaisnt them. i dont agree with your theory that position for position, that they are better. we are very close playing teams.

like i said we went 3-1 this year. i know that they can beat us in 5 but i still think we have a shot at them. [/quote97b5a8a889]

will defintely be a good series. How will the fans In detroit respons to B Wallace homecoming. Do the Pistons now hate B Wallace since they have to face him in the playoffs.

finally, thanks for asking about my tr. it was over a trade like 7 months ago, took care of in a week later but no mode would help me even when i had prove that i am not a scammer. so if anyone could help me thanks!!! [/quote97b5a8a889]

all you mods

you are very knowledgable good2speed but please dont hate on the bulls by saying that we suck, we stepped up and ruined the season of the champs twice, remember opening night.

also, i think alot of people agree that wade is NOT injured, but has the injury in his head, that is his fault. the heat played better without him when he was out and threw them off when he returned.

the winner from the det-chi series will be in the finals. im sure you agree there. what do you think, by the way if you like talking ball, you should come to realgm.com and hit the miami page, there is a board there too.. [/quote97b5a8a889]

thx for the compliment and I do visit Realgm quite often. Too many Laker and Raptor homers on that website though and the jokes/jabs at DWade and how the refs made him who he is are unbearable.

and if you want to believe that Wade is 1000% then I cant stop you. But if he comes back as league MVP next year and averages over 30 a game then you may need to change your stance.

last thing, i promise. as much as i hate the heat, i really respected how they acted after the game, very cool. i was expecting to see something like bulls and pistons in 91 when the pistons walked out before the game was over. so i have to give them props there. i am getting alittle tired of wade crying though. i dont mean to be a jerk about it[/quote97b5a8a889]

Heat showed some class and werent bitter. Detorit was bitter because they knew their run had come to an end. Wade, Haslem, and Wright are all young and have bright futures ahead of them.

Get all your Wade jokes in now because next year he will be all vengeance and he's my preseason favorite to win MVP

good2speed

30-04-2007 09:40:40

[quote76b2ed879d="justinag06"]Someone posted this on the Dallas papers mavs blog, and it pretty much sums up how everyone in dallas feels right now.

This hurts so much, as if Romo fumbled and D-Wade ran it back for a touchdown. And he had a beard.[/quote76b2ed879d]

that quote is hilarious.

[quote76b2ed879d="justinag06"]
After last year's finals collapse I swore the Mav's off until a return to the NBA finals, but goddammit if they didn't woo me back with this tremendous regular season. It just makes this hurt all the worse now.

Good2speed I am now forgoing all hope and stopping myself from watching, in lieu of a miracle game 7. Like you, basketball is the sport I follow most closely, and also like you my team is going to do a first in the NBA playoffs. Dirk is a choke master, please spare me the barbs. ([/quote76b2ed879d]

I'll keep the barbing low for now but cant promise anything if the W's do win the series. You have to give it up to Baron though he played a hell of a game.

But I do know how you feel and will try to keep the discussion civil. But all bets are off the table if the W's do win the series.

PS -- I told you I actually like the W's,way before the series started, so dont take it as a jab towards your team. Ill send you a link to prove it.

[quote76b2ed879d="Wolfeman"]If GS holds on its one of the biggest upsets in sports history. I only think 1 8 has ever beat a 1 and that was when it was a 5-game series (Denver over Seattle)...[/quote76b2ed879d]

knicks(8) beat Heat(1) seed in 99. That Knick team ended up making the finals in the lockout season. Was still a 5 game series. Its happened 2 times but never in a 7 game series.

Hunter_82

30-04-2007 10:16:57

Wow is all i can say. I mean, i fully expected the Warriors to give Dallas all they wanted in this series, but i still expected Dallas to pull it out. Not like its over yet, Dallas would have 2 of 3 at home and they did win 67 games this year....However, i have been routing for the Warriors since the start and am feeling pretty good about where they sit needless to say!

justinag06

01-05-2007 21:41:19

what did you think of dirk in those last 4 minutes G2S?

Hunter_82

01-05-2007 21:51:11

[quote2abe0a2518="justinag06"]what did you think of dirk in those last 4 minutes G2S?[/quote2abe0a2518]
Its about time he showed up...a minute later and he would have been too late. Dallas better keep that momentum now, they still have a fight ahead of them!

justinag06

01-05-2007 22:02:57

yeah they showed some real resilience coming back down 12 against a tough opponent. Also dirk was about as clutch as you can be there at the end.

which leads me to believe there are two dirks, the clutch one and the not so clutch one.

Dr. Dirkle and Mr. Hide

Iloveipods2

01-05-2007 22:04:02

GOOOOOO MAVS!!!!! DIRK IS AWESOME

I'm very excited about the next game between mavs and golden state. It's guaranteed to be action packed. I want the Mavs to win but golden state is driven by the fact that they're only 1 game away. shrug Go Mavs

Easy Bling

01-05-2007 23:42:34

GSW all the way! They were always the "Next Year" Warriors, but now it's THIS YEAR!!! w00t! Baron Davis is going to pave the way!

I'll give mavs props for this past game, dirk stepped it up at the right moment, but it was still waaaay too close for a #8 vs. #1 type of game, GSW are gonna take it next game, just you wait D

good2speed

02-05-2007 08:08:52

[quote6510268986="justinag06"]what did you think of dirk in those last 4 minutes G2S?[/quote6510268986]

he mad some big plays and stepped up. Its about damn time. I thought you guys were toast when the W's went up by 9.

[quote6510268986="justinag06"]yeah they showed some real resilience coming back down 12 against a tough opponent. Also dirk was about as clutch as you can be there at the end.

which leads me to believe there are two dirks, the clutch one and the not so clutch one.

Dr. Dirkle and Mr. Hide[/quote6510268986]

Game 6 couldnt be bigger. Will Dirk have the same focus in Oakland. and oh ya the fans will be riled up.

What was up with that 6th foul on B Davis. He didnt even touch the man with the ball. You can not foul out a star player on a call where he didnt even graze his oppponent.

[quote6510268986="Easy Bling"]GSW all the way! They were always the "Next Year" Warriors, but now it's THIS YEAR!!! w00t! Baron Davis is going to pave the way!

I'll give mavs props for this past game, dirk stepped it up at the right moment, but it was still waaaay too close for a #8 vs. #1 type of game, GSW are gonna take it next game, just you wait D[/quote6510268986]

Game 6 is gonna be off the richter scale. In fact it may be so loud in the arena that it will cause a real earthquake in the area.

Someone needs to get jessica Alba tickets to this game.

TryinToGetPaid

02-05-2007 08:12:30

I am sure she has tickets.

Baron Davis is going to beast on the entire Dallas team.

justinag06

02-05-2007 11:10:19

going back to game 4 now dirk is 4/4 with miracle 3 pointers in the last 3 minutes. In game 4 they came so late it hardly mattered, but in reality he did all he could at the end of that game too.

I hope the mavs should show up even bigger next game. We are a fantastic road team anyways, so I am only worried about Avery's adjustments and how good our players are.

I think the end of that game was huge for Dirk, and you are going to see him with a lot more confidence next game, hopefully driving the lane, and finding a way to be aggressive all game.

good2speed

02-05-2007 13:46:31

[quote7b09e728ee="justinag06"]going back to game 4 now dirk is 4/4 with miracle 3 pointers in the last 3 minutes. In game 4 they came so late it hardly mattered, but in reality he did all he could at the end of that game too.

I hope the mavs should show up even bigger next game. We are a fantastic road team anyways, so I am only worried about Avery's adjustments and how good our players are.

I think the end of that game was huge for Dirk, and you are going to see him with a lot more confidence next game, hopefully driving the lane, and finding a way to be aggressive all game.[/quote7b09e728ee]

i know last nights game was big but your 2 wins have come when B Davis and Sjax either got ejected or thrown out on questionable calls.

I think GS is on a mission and will finish things up Thur night. If it goes 7 W's will lose.

Can the Mavs win a game in GS?

Iloveipods2

02-05-2007 13:51:53

[quotea6ca7b27a4="good2speed"][quotea6ca7b27a4="justinag06"]going back to game 4 now dirk is 4/4 with miracle 3 pointers in the last 3 minutes. In game 4 they came so late it hardly mattered, but in reality he did all he could at the end of that game too.

I think the end of that game was huge for Dirk, and you are going to see him with a lot more confidence next game, hopefully driving the lane, and finding a way to be aggressive all game.[/quotea6ca7b27a4]

i know last nights game was big but your 2 wins have come when B Davis and Sjax either got ejected or thrown out on questionable calls.

I think GS is on a mission and will finish things up Thur night. If it goes 7 W's will lose.

Can the Mavs win a game in GS?[/quotea6ca7b27a4]

yeah that's a tough call. I really hope Mavs win BUT GS is at home and only need 1 game more.... sooo the fans are gunnna be wild but on the other hand, Mavs are really good at away games.

justinag06

02-05-2007 13:55:35

game 2 was a bs win for us. Last night was legit. Even if baron davis is in the game, the mavs probably still win last night with 20 seconds left the ball, the lead, the clock ticking and every other warrior except Baron running away from the ball.

anyhow dallas can win in GS, they were right there in game 4. the closest game so far in the series.

GS still has the edge, but I think we will see the series get better tomorrow. Also if GS defeats us tomorrow and we play like we did tonight I can be at peace, because the better team really won.

If we just played like game 3 I'd be upset and consider it dallas never showed up

good2speed

04-05-2007 08:01:46

iM ON VACATION RIGHT NOW. Sorry for caps. Just want to get a bump since no one posted here yet.

Where u at justin

justinag06

04-05-2007 08:15:53

I am chillin' man. Wasn't really that upset last night, i'm glad we lost the way we did if we were meant to lose. No last minute disappointment or second guessing the series that way.

Guess i'll root for Golden State now, because they remind me of the mavs team from 4 years ago. A GS/Phoenix West final is just what the doctor ordered.

I guess GS/SA would be good too.

I really hope Houston looses, I was listening to some obnoxious sports radio guys last night talking them up.

Hunter_82

04-05-2007 11:21:18

[quoted8c13deb78="justinag06"]I am chillin' man. Wasn't really that upset last night, i'm glad we lost the way we did if we were meant to lose. No last minute disappointment or second guessing the series that way.

Guess i'll root for Golden State now, because they remind me of the mavs team from 4 years ago. A GS/Phoenix West final is just what the doctor ordered.

I really hope Houston looses, I was listening to some obnoxious sports radio guys last night talking them up.[/quoted8c13deb78]

I hope Houston looses to, but thats because i'm from Idaho and the closest team to me is the Jazz! I don't think the Jazz will be able to handle the pressure of a game 7 at this stage...too much youth, but i have my fingers crossed anyways. GS/Phx would be a great series to watch but i'm not sure either team will be there. I really hope the Suns can beat the Spurs, but dang those Spurs are tough. And i don't think GS matches up as well against Utah or Houston. Especially if Davis and Barnes are on bad hamstrings.

Hunter_82

05-05-2007 21:50:50

[quotef50cf2b076="Hunter_82"]I hope Houston looses to, but thats because i'm from Idaho and the closest team to me is the Jazz! I don't think the Jazz will be able to handle the pressure of a game 7 at this stage...too much youth, but i have my fingers crossed anyways. GS/Phx would be a great series to watch but i'm not sure either team will be there. I really hope the Suns can beat the Spurs, but dang those Spurs are tough. And i don't think GS matches up as well against Utah or Houston. Especially if Davis and Barnes are on bad hamstrings.[/quotef50cf2b076]

Sorry about the double post...but the Jazz proved me WRONG! I love it! Now i hope they keep up the good play against GS. A trip to the Western Conferance Finals would be a great season for them...I know they most likely would not beat the Suns or Spurs, so i'm just wanting one more series win!

GCY

05-05-2007 22:10:33

I can't believe the Rockets blew it after being up 3-2. They could have easily handle GS and get themselves in the western conference final. The GS Jazz series is gonna be a boring one for sure.

mnx12

05-05-2007 23:46:25

I haven't watched any basketball since the Jazz were an amazing team with Stockton/Malone, so i'm pretty proud of them right now...

justinag06

06-05-2007 04:54:32

I think GS would have man-handled houston personally. They are far to easy to stop offensively, and Yao could not slow that game down nor keep up with it. Even though Dallas looked like they got bitch slaped by GS, this was the most dominant and versatile team all season. To me GS winning was more than just them playing with a chip on their shoulder, and Dirk not showing up in the games.

Utah might be a different story they also have some really big strong guards and forwards and it might be tougher for GS to just charge the lanes like they did against Dallas. They might reduce GS to a team chunking up bad shots all game, and make them look foolish. I personally think it will be a good series.

I am glad Utah advanced, because it will be interesting if they play Phoenix in the Western Conference finals. Considering they kind of owned them in the regular season. Really exciting because you can't really pick a definite champ out of the West right now.

good2speed

07-05-2007 09:36:01

[quotecd7143327b="justinag06"]I am chillin' man. Wasn't really that upset last night, i'm glad we lost the way we did if we were meant to lose. No last minute disappointment or second guessing the series that way.[/quotecd7143327b]

not to be an ass but Id be pretty upset if I was a mavs fan since it seemed like they just quit when they got down by 20 in the 3rd quarter. Yiou have to question the teams will and determination to get things done even when things arent going so well.

GS was down by 20 in game 5 and didnt quit and actually took a 9 point lead before giving the game away. Dallas has a lot of decisions to make and Id recommend getting rid of Terry and have Harris as starting pg and invest in a decent sg. Not sure if your trying to deflect the bad feeling but if I was a fan Id be reeling especially after you choked the final last year.

[quotecd7143327b="justinag06"]

I really hope Houston looses, I was listening to some obnoxious sports radio guys last night talking them up.[/quotecd7143327b]

Too bad for Tmac. Dude was about to cry. As much as a Van Gubdy fan as I am Houston needs a shake up.

glad youll be behind the W's from now on. Tonight will be a good game against Utah. Will be a touhg physical series. I just hope they keep their composure and find an answer to guard Boozer. Hes beasting it right now and GS has no one who can guard him straight up. Im expecting a lot of zones. Hopefully Ak47 doesnt play like he did in game 7 against Hou.

[quotecd7143327b="GCY"]I can't believe the Rockets blew it after being up 3-2. They could have easily handle GS and get themselves in the western conference final. T[bcd7143327b]he GS Jazz series is gonna be a boring one for sure.[/bcd7143327b][/quotecd7143327b]

GS series will be boring? Have you even watched one of their playoff games?

[quotecd7143327b="justinag06"]I think GS would have man-handled houston personally. They are far to easy to stop offensively, and Yao could not slow that game down nor keep up with it. Even though Dallas looked like they got bitch slaped by GS, this was the most dominant and versatile
team all season. To me GS winning was more than just them playing with a chip on their shoulder, and Dirk not showing up in the games.[/quotecd7143327b]

Ya I think GS would have an easier time against Hou as well. Utah is a much better team with more depth and a scary low post opiton the W's have no answer for. Shoudl be fun. Lets get this series started

Utah might be a different story they also have some really big strong guards and forwards and it might be tougher for GS to just charge the lanes like they did against Dallas. They might reduce GS to a team chunking up bad shots all game, and make them look foolish. I personally think it will be a good series.[/quotecd7143327b]

Ya good analysis. Basically Utah has the pieces that gives Gs matchup problems. Jackson/Richardson will have a tought time scoring with Ak47 draped over him. Although Whoever D Fisher guards should get an easy 30. B Diddy will need to be amazing and I think he will be. He was hitting soem magical shots this series. Expecta lto more of Biedrins and Ellis in this series as GS will loo to push the tempo. Jazz will need a big series from deron, Ak, and Booze

Really exciting because you can't really pick a definite champ out of the West right now.[/quotecd7143327b]

You had a definite champ out of the west when the playoffs started. Oh ya you mustve thought the Mavs were a sure thing to come ou of the west.

rofl rofl

/being a dick

justinag06

07-05-2007 13:01:44

eh I'm really not that concerned as a mavs fan. Honestly there is no point in me stressing about it for the next year, and that team doesnt need to be broken up. Wade got in Dirks head earlier in the season and he didn't let him out. I have faith he will come back and be the monster he was, we will have to wait 1 yr to truly see.

also I am rooting for utah, I forgot to mention if they won i'd pull for them.

good2speed

07-05-2007 15:16:08

^^^^^^

lol to admitting Wade got in Dirk's head. I dont want o say hes soft but your doing it yourself. Would Jordan ever get punked by mere words.

Sorry to see you get off the GS wagon.....

I unfortunately(or fortunate depending on how you look at it) have a party to attend tonight and will miss the live action. Thank god for tivo.

ILoveToys

07-05-2007 18:39:11

How come nobody is talking about the Pistons?

Hunter_82

07-05-2007 19:13:01

[quote178e7e7553="ILoveToys"]How come nobody is talking about the Pistons?[/quote178e7e7553]

Because they are rolling through the east with such ease right now that their games are boring!

ILoveToys

07-05-2007 19:43:40

But it's worth noting, since many people where giving this series to Chicago before it even started.....

Hunter_82

07-05-2007 20:18:13

[quote6677c39b19="ILoveToys"]But it's worth noting, since many people where giving this series to Chicago before it even started.....[/quote6677c39b19]

Yeah...people get caught up in the hype...Chicago swept the Heat and everyone got excited...even though the Heat were nowhere near the same team as last year with wade being injured. I stated at the very beginning of this thread that i thought the Pistons would roll through the east (not exactly going out on a limb there) and so far they are doing just that. G2S also stated earlier that he thought the Pistons were better at all 5 positions than the Bulls and that has definately been the case so far as well.

MyungChunHa

08-05-2007 11:03:47

[quote8d17fc21b5="Hunter_82"][quote8d17fc21b5="ILoveToys"]But it's worth noting, since many people where giving this series to Chicago before it even started.....[/quote8d17fc21b5]

Yeah...people get caught up in the hype...Chicago swept the Heat and everyone got excited...even though the Heat were nowhere near the same team as last year with wade being injured. I stated at the very beginning of this thread that i thought the Pistons would roll through the east (not exactly going out on a limb there) and so far they are doing just that. G2S also stated earlier that he thought the Pistons were better at all 5 positions than the Bulls and that has definately been the case so far as well.[/quote8d17fc21b5]
I wouldn't say all 5 positions, Ben is still a defensive beast, give the Bulls 2 more seasons and then I suspect them becoming contenders, they're still very young

Glad to see a lot of NBA knowledge in this forum, it's hard to find people who know what they're talking about these days

Who do yall have in the Finals? I'm going to be safe this year and say Spurs vs. Pistons, but I'm really hoping for Golden State vs. Cavs, both have the perfect opportunity right now, plus the talent, but I think Spurs have way too much chemistry and the Pistons have way too much experience

Has anyone else been impressed with Yi Jianlian[=http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6plJTvMW04]Yi Jianlian?

I've been following him and I'm blown away by his potential, he's faster and has more agility than Yao, he does has a different kind of game though, plus he's a PF not a C, but I'm exicted to see him play next season, Yao will still be my favorite player but I think he might become better than Yao...

Hunter_82

09-05-2007 21:54:45

[quotebe5daaf468="GCY"]I can't believe the Rockets blew it after being up 3-2. They could have easily handle GS and get themselves in the western conference final. The GS Jazz series is gonna be a boring one for sure.[/quotebe5daaf468]

Yeah, those first 2 games of the series were pretty boring roll roll roll If this series is boring to you then basketball is not for you. In fact...i very rarely see a Warriors game that is anywhere near boring! Nobody has been posting, where is everyone at!? There has been some pretty good ball going on!

good2speed

09-05-2007 22:07:41

games have been phenomenal. I just wish GS took at least one of them. They proved they are right with the Jazz but have a tough time closing out. Utah is a tough place to eascape with a win, especially in the playoffs, but the Warriors were in good position to do so the last 2 games.

I want this series to get back to GS. Utah did what they had to and GS almost stole a game. GS needs to hold serve at home this series to force a 7th game. It wouldve been great to get this game tonight so the next games at home wont be sor pressure packed.

Dissapointing ending but hopefully GS can rebound and win the home games.

Hunter_82

10-05-2007 06:18:12

[quotef1eabaf1a8="good2speed"]games have been phenomenal. I just wish GS took at least one of them. They proved they are right with the Jazz but have a tough time closing out. Utah is a tough place to eascape with a win, especially in the playoffs, but the Warriors were in good position to do so the last 2 games.

I want this series to get back to GS. Utah did what they had to and GS almost stole a game. GS needs to hold serve at home this series to force a 7th game. It wouldve been great to get this game tonight so the next games at home wont be sor pressure packed.

Dissapointing ending but hopefully GS can rebound and win the home games.[/quotef1eabaf1a8]

Being a Jazz fan i am happy with the outcome, however, we got extremely lucky to get both games! Jackson had a wide open 3 in game one that could have won it and game 2 they all but had wrapped up. 1-4 from the free throw line in the last minute plus Davis stepping out of bounds...The warriors really gave that game away at the end. Having said that the Jazz still hit the big shots when they had to! The warriors have shown they can play right with them in Utah...if they hold serve at home this series will come down to the wire!

justinag06

10-05-2007 07:23:07

You are also playing without fisher in most of those games too. So getting him back on the bench should give you a boost. I missed game 2, and will probably miss the games this weekend. It sucks because the series looks great.

ILoveToys

10-05-2007 08:04:23

GS did give game 2 away.......All they had to do was hit there free throws....I'm sorry, but as a NBA player making that kind of money, there is no excuse to miss free throws.....I can go to the line and hit 80% consistently......

GS had their man on the line in the clutch and he only finished 1 of 2, so I don't figure they're going to win the series.....The biggest difference in Okur though (and I won't mention he used to be a Piston....oh...oops)....

good2speed

10-05-2007 08:19:54

[quotef9689b7cd2="ILoveToys"]GS did give game 2 away.......All they had to do was hit there free throws....I'm sorry, but as a NBA player making that kind of money, there is no excuse to miss free throws....[bf9689b7cd2].I can go to the line and hit 80% consistently[/bf9689b7cd2]......[/quotef9689b7cd2]

are you kidding me. Great you can hit 80% from the free throw line when no one is around. Let sign you up for a nba contract. Im imagining youd tighten up with 20,000+ fans yelling and heckling you with the game on the line.

You're right though NBA players should be able to hit their free throws in any environment. Thats what they'r epaid to do. You I wouldnt put any money on you hitting your free throws.

What can I say thought they choked. Pietrus missing two from the line really let you guys back in the game. Once GS figures out how to close games they will be an elite team.

[quotef9689b7cd2="ILoveToys"]
GS had their man on the line in the clutch and he only finished 1 of 2, so I don't figure they're going to win the series.....The biggest difference in Okur though (and I won't mention he used to be a Piston....oh...oops)....[/quotef9689b7cd2]

ya baron missed 1 of 2 but it was really Pietrus' 0 for 2 which really gave the game up. Normally Id be worried about a let down but in this case GS is going back home to great fans and they at least know they'r ecapcble of beating the Jazz. The crowd will ease the pain of the losses and GS will come out firing at home. Let just hope we go back to Utah tied up 2-2.

Cant dwell on the past. We got another game to play

good2speed

10-05-2007 12:34:44

funniest nba vid ever. must watch the kobe segment

http//www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2822

ILoveToys

10-05-2007 20:55:15

Detroit steals one in the windy city )

MyungChunHa

11-05-2007 11:16:58

[quote7de4d9d92e="good2speed"]funniest nba vid ever. must watch the kobe segment

http//www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2822[/quote7de4d9d92e]
HAHA lol

That was surprisingly good

good2speed

11-05-2007 11:20:43

[quotef621186dcb="MyungChunHa"][quotef621186dcb="good2speed"]funniest nba vid ever. must watch the kobe segment

http//www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2822[/quotef621186dcb]
HAHA lol

That was surprisingly good[/quotef621186dcb]

been waiting for someone to comment on that and wouldve made it its own thread but we have the no video rule here.

That vid has had me cracking up for days. Hoping he makes another one for other players

MyungChunHa

11-05-2007 11:30:03

[quote0b46a326d9="good2speed"][quote0b46a326d9="MyungChunHa"][quote0b46a326d9="good2speed"]funniest nba vid ever. must watch the kobe segment

http//www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2822[/quote0b46a326d9]
HAHA lol

That was surprisingly good[/quote0b46a326d9]
Hoping he makes another one for other players[/quote0b46a326d9]
I know!

I was waiting for Yao Ming or Tracy, or at least Gilbert, that man is funny as hell

Hunter_82

11-05-2007 12:33:30

[quote876d173c28="good2speed"]funniest nba vid ever. must watch the kobe segment

http//www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2822[/quote876d173c28]

This was hilarious! The Kobe one was great...i laughed for a long time.
My cousin was over last night...we went and played some ball. When we got back and turned the game on the Bulls were whipping the Pistons and the announcers were bragging them up on how amazing they were at home. I looked at my cousin and told him the funny thing was that the Pistons were still going to win the game. So i wasn't surprised when they came back to win. Maybe they will finally get a challenge in the Eastern Conferance Finals? I don't think so...but maybe i have underestimated the Cavs this year (assuming they finish off the Nets). And man were the Bulls ice cold at the end of that game or what?

MyungChunHa

11-05-2007 12:57:11

[quotedec3729dfc="Hunter_82"][quotedec3729dfc="good2speed"]funniest nba vid ever. must watch the kobe segment

http//www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2822[/quotedec3729dfc]

This was hilarious! The Kobe one was great...i laughed for a long time.
My cousin was over last night...we went and played some ball. When we got back and turned the game on the Bulls were whipping the Pistons and the announcers were bragging them up on how amazing they were at home. I looked at my cousin and told him the funny thing was that the Pistons were still going to win the game. So i wasn't surprised when they came back to win. Maybe they will finally get a challenge in the Eastern Conferance Finals? I don't think so...but maybe i have underestimated the Cavs this year (assuming they finish off the Nets). And man were the Bulls ice cold at the end of that game or what?[/quotedec3729dfc]
I really hope the Cavs pull it off and go to the finals, Lebron is every bit as deserving and I think it would be interesting to see new teams go to finals for once. Spurs and Pistons are getting old (not age but entertainment-wise)

good2speed

11-05-2007 13:52:10

I may have been wrong about the Cavs as well but def not about Sasha Pavlovic. I rememeber a Heat Cle series earlier this year when he took over in the 4th qtr. Im liking the new schooled euro's with a little more toughness and athleticism to their game. I will say hughes has surprised me he normally cant shoot but hes refined his jumper.

All that said Pistons in 5 maybe 6.

zr2152

11-05-2007 19:12:50

As a cavs fan, I think that they have what it takes to beat the pistons (do I thikn that they will beat them in a best of 7 series?. Honestly, the cavs took them to game 7 last year, winning 3 in a row, with a worse team than they have this year. They will beat the nets in 5, and then take the pistons to 7 games...the result...i dont know. They have totally improved their defense from last year and with Huges running the point and Sasha in the line up, anything can happen. I cant wait to see them win tomorrow in NJ.

Go Cavs!

kidd2108

11-05-2007 19:47:44

Bowen is one dirty bitch. The NBA needs to do something about that leg he puts under the shooter everytime.

Hunter_82

11-05-2007 22:30:23

Ok, so i might be a Jazz fan...but more importantly i am a baskteball fan and Baron Davis was the MAN tonight! Incredible shot after incredible shot...and he topped it off with that MONSTOR DUNK in AK-47's face! The Warriors were extremely impressive tonight. I'm still hoping the Jazz can steal the next game, but i give the GS all the credit in the world tonight for dominating that game start to finish. And i think i'll be seeing that dunk in my dreams tonight....It was SWEET!!!

good2speed

12-05-2007 08:20:30

[quotefaf23706bd="Hunter_82"]Ok, so i might be a Jazz fan...but more importantly i am a baskteball fan and Baron Davis was the MAN tonight! Incredible shot after incredible shot...and he topped it off with that MONSTOR DUNK in AK-47's face! The Warriors were extremely impressive tonight. I'm still hoping the Jazz can steal the next game, but i give the GS all the credit in the world tonight for dominating that game start to finish. And i think i'll be seeing that dunk in my dreams tonight....It was SWEET!!![/quotefaf23706bd]

I have no idea what you're talking about. Why would we watch this series when someone already pointed out to us this would be a boring series. roll

nah for real though I left you +karma for your honesty. Most jazz fans on realgm are saying things like it wasnt that big of a dunk or that dunks are overhyped/rated. Glad to see you put your bias down and just appreciated that dunk because it was a monster, especially over the dude whos blocked 16 shots in 3 games(talk about a statement).

I think that dunk has to be on top ten all time list for playoff dunks.

MJ over Ewing
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQFGKK1dABk
DR J over Walton
no clip yet
Pippen over Ewing
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLkzLgZ5wdY
DWade over J'Oneal
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3H77gIpYi8
Starks over Jordan/Pippen
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vzB8Ujf6Mo

and now

http//gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/05.07/Video_0511-2332(CH-11).avi.GIF[" alt=""/imgfaf23706bd]

lol @ Baron channeling a little Brandi Chastain after that dunk

Wolfeman

13-05-2007 21:29:27

Warriors (

mnx12

13-05-2007 21:31:27

[quote78a36f9b47="Wolfeman"]Warriors ([/quote78a36f9b47]Haha, i'm proud of the Jazz, their doing good this year....

Hunter_82

14-05-2007 06:21:09

The Jazz played an excellent game last night. They were able to slow the pace down a little and use their size to their advantage. Then in the 4th the Warriors finally started missing some shots. If they don't close it out in 5 I think it will go 7.

good2speed

14-05-2007 06:28:34

im so upset right now. I credit Utahs defense for staying out on the perimeter and not getting burned but where the hell was Mr Davis. He was a complete no show for the entire game. Would be less upset if the W's played with a little heart last night. If they can get game 5 then I guess anything is possible.

PS I hate the Jazz so very much. I wish all the evil of the world upon D Fisher

Hunter_82

14-05-2007 13:41:52

[quoted5a680aff6="good2speed"]im so upset right now. I credit Utahs defense for staying out on the perimeter and not getting burned but where the hell was Mr Davis. He was a complete no show for the entire game. Would be less upset if the W's played with a little heart last night. If they can get game 5 then I guess anything is possible.

PS I hate the Jazz so very much. I wish all the evil of the world upon D Fisher[/quoted5a680aff6]

Ouch...thats kinda cruel.
I did notice during the game that the Warriors energy really dropped. Its almost like they were getting use to blowing teams out at home and when the Jazz stuck with them they got discouraged. Their body language and facial expressions made it look as if they were beaten already for a lot of the game...even though it was back and forth. As far as you hating the Jazz...assuming they go on to close out this series...i'm sure you will get to watch them get destroyed by the Spurs in the next series. Sure wish the Suns would take care of them...

justinag06

15-05-2007 16:06:36

I'm not going to totally count out GS just yet, you have to realize they can win any game they play in just by making a high % of the 3 point shots they take. And they lost some close ones in Utah, so like G2S said if they win game 5 anything can happen.

I have thought Utah is the better team all along in the series, and still think they will prevail in the end.

On another note the best series so far has been completely overlooked by us. Suns/Spurs. It's a real bloodbath and right now both teams could be up 3-1 in the series, as it stands they are both tied up and it's hard to pick a victor from the two.

I really hate the way everyone wants to baby the suns along, and listening to them whine. The spurs play the same way they have always played, yet you never heard dallas or detroit bitch about it in years past consistently.

Is a team like GS/PHO really built to be a champion, or will that kind of fast paced ball always lose out in the end?

I really don't know about phoenix after this year. This is probably their best chance to win a title. Having home court, and skipping Dallas. If they can't ever beat San Antonio though, then just how good is that style of basketball.

Dallas tried what phoenix did with the past 3 years of MVP winners and we couldn't beat san antonio then. Granted I think Phoenix now is a much better team than Dallas of 2003, which was mostly compromised of outside shooters.

good2speed

15-05-2007 17:21:23

I think PHX had a chance to really take out SA.

Too bad Stern has gone dictator, yet again, and suspended Amare and Diaw for Game 5. I hate these supsensions as neither player was nvloved in the altercation. The same bs rule cost my 97 Knicks team at a chance against Mj in the conf. finals. I still think that was the best Knick team ever(LJ still was relatively healthy, Houston was peaking, Starks was effective sixth man, Ewing still had soemthing left in the tank, and Oakley was still ar ugged defender). Too bad Stern is a vicious dictator and suspends players from playoff games just for leaving the bench.

Hunter_82

15-05-2007 17:24:50

[quote50f2a4cbc0="justinag06"]
On another note the best series so far has been completely overlooked by us. Suns/Spurs. It's a real bloodbath and right now both teams could be up 3-1 in the series, as it stands they are both tied up and it's hard to pick a victor from the two.
I really don't know about phoenix after this year. This is probably their best chance to win a title. Having home court, and skipping Dallas. If they can't ever beat San Antonio though, then just how good is that style of basketball. [/quote50f2a4cbc0]

The Spurs/Suns series might as well be the NBA Finals in my opinion. I know Detroit can compete with them...but Detriot can be boring! ) At the start of this thread i had the Suns and Pistons in the Finals and after last night i still have hope for the Suns! That was a cheap shot by Robert Horry...It appears "Big shot Rob" has lost his skills so he had to take a "big shot" of another kind roll
However, i do understand that this is the playoffs and tempers are short! Even being a Jazz fan i have no bad feeling for Baron Davis taking a shot at Derek Fisher (Davis manned up afterwards) or Jason Richardson slamming Okur on his back (Okur had no business trying to rub the game in with a dunk at that point and got exactly what he should have...). But Robert Horry's cheap shot just got under my skin and now i want the Suns to win more than ever.

Hunter_82

15-05-2007 17:27:38

[quote0efee981de="good2speed"]I think PHX had a chance to really take out SA.

Too bad Stern has gone dictator, yet again, and suspended Amare and Diaw for Game 5. I hate these supsensions as neither player was nvloved in the altercation. The same bs rule cost my 97 Knicks team at a chance against Mj in the conf. finals. I still think that was the best Knick team ever(LJ still was relatively healthy, Houston was peaking, Starks was effective sixth man, Ewing still had soemthing left in the tank, and Oakley was still ar ugged defender). Too bad Stern is a vicious dictator and suspends players from playoff games just for leaving the bench.[/quote0efee981de]

I just got home and hadn't seen the results yet...didn't know Amare and Diaw were suspended....That pisses me off. Tell me...what affect did Amare have by taking about a half step onto the court before being thrown back onto the bench by one of the assistants? Its ridiculous that he is being suspended for that.

kidd2108

15-05-2007 20:00:42

anyone care to give Stern a call?

212-407-8300

So much for the Suns having a chance to beat the Spurs. The Spurs were pactically rewarded for taking out Nash. roll

ILoveToys

15-05-2007 20:59:03

[quote2a227dc5dc="kidd2108"]anyone care to give Stern a call?

212-407-8300

So much for the Suns having a chance to beat the Spurs. The Spurs were pactically rewarded for taking out Nash. roll[/quote2a227dc5dc]

Yes they were.....It's dumb though...All those thugs getting paid all that money...screw em all....Just play the game and handle yourself, other than that go be a thug on your own time.....

good2speed

15-05-2007 22:57:52

it is now official. I have no personal interest in the playoffs this year. If I had to take a pick a winner for the Finalss ...id probably go with the Spurs at this point, unless PHX finds a way to win. I dont think the Pistons are as good defensively as they think they are and the Cavs should take them to at least 5-6 games.. maybe even a chance to steal the series from DET.

GS desperately needs an enforcer. Im trying to think who would be a good fit. Boozer was just too much this series and I have no idea what the hell happened with Fisher. Millsap played pretty well too. AK47 was everywhere on defense. I still think GS played well.

Hmmm .. to be continued

Rewman

15-05-2007 23:33:26

I'm a huge PHX fan, it just kills them that they won't have two very important players in the next game.

MyungChunHa

16-05-2007 07:41:06

[quote61b2889a03="good2speed"]it is now official. I have no personal interest in the playoffs this year. If I had to take a pick a winner for the Finalss ...id probably go with the Spurs at this point, unless PHX finds a way to win. I dont think the Pistons are as good defensively as they think they are and the Cavs should take them to at least 5-6 games.. maybe even a chance to steal the series from DET.

GS desperately needs an enforcer. Im trying to think who would be a good fit. Boozer was just too much this series and I have no idea what the hell happened with Fisher. Millsap played pretty well too. AK47 was everywhere on defense. I still think GS played well.

Hmmm .. to be continued[/quote61b2889a03]
I lost my interest after the Rockets blew the perfect chance to be in the Finals. Now I'm just waiting for next year when Yi Jianlian will start his rise.

Cavs>Det
Spurs>Jazz
Spurs>Cavs

good2speed

16-05-2007 09:36:03

Not having a low post option really exposed GS and Nelson's small ball. Granted boozer played phenomenal and deserves credit. The fact is as much as I love nellies small ball its proven through out time that you need a low post option of some kind to be effective...well unless your michael Jordan.

I spent a good part of the night thinking of a player who'd compliment GS style. The best i could come up with is Garnett, Jermaine Oneal, pau gasol, or Al Jefferson. The reason I picked these players is because they can run the floor and wouldnt bog down the rest of the offense.... thus I didnt pick someone defensively inept and slow like Zach Randolph.

For Garnett the Ws would have to give up Richardson, Biedrins or Ellis, Pietrus, and jasikivecius + 1 or 2 future first round picks. I think thats an even deal and GS would be very scary with BD, KG, and Sjax, and harrington. Id like to keep Ellis around but rule of thumb is always keep bigs with potential. Biedrins would prolly go instead of Ellis since Min would want a big back in return.

Doubt the J'Oneal trade happens as Ind already got fleeced once already by GS.

Pau Gasol also remains a big question mark and Im not certain hed fit Nelsons style and he barely plays any D.

Al jefferson may become available if the Celtics land Oden. Having Jefferson and Oden in the froncoutr wouldnt work out as they are both low post options. This would be an ideal trade for the W's as jefferson has value but you woudlnt have to have a fire sale. Something in the range of Ellis or Biedrins, Pietrus, and/or 1st f=round picks should get it done.

I think this summer will really show how much of a player Chris Mullin is a as a GM since the W's cant return the same lineup and Mulln will ahve to make a savvy move to keep the remaining players spirits up.

-------------------------------------

SA is odds on favorite to take this thing down. As much as I respect their consistency I absolutely loathe them this time of year.

Hunter_82

18-05-2007 21:43:30

I hate David Stern, i hate Rober Horry, and i Hate the Spurs. The Suns got absolutely robbed in this series. Nash gets hurt in game one and has to miss the last minute of that game...robbing them of that one. Then the ridiculous supsensions practically gift wrapping this series for the Spurs. I don't give my Jazz much of a chance at all in this series...but i will sure be yelling loud anyways! If nothing else maybe they will knock them around and bang em...the Spurs need knocked around. If the Pistons and Spurs are back in the Finals i won't watch 1 second of it...i'm tired of them.

zr2152

18-05-2007 22:04:04

give the cavs credit. i bet they take the pistons to 7 games...like i said before, im not sure of the result. If they can play defense and the bench plays well, watch out detroit.

Wolfeman

19-05-2007 05:26:45

Did anyone hear Stern go off on Dan Patrick?

Hunter_82

19-05-2007 07:11:10

[quotef2912fa7da="Wolfeman"]Did anyone hear Stern go off on Dan Patrick?[/quotef2912fa7da]

I heard someone make referance to it...but i missed it....what was said?

good2speed

19-05-2007 13:08:29

Oh man these finals are going to be real boring.

DEt vs SA Finals. yawn

TryinToGetPaid

19-05-2007 13:11:13

I listen to ESPN Radio in Texas, and that conversation between Dan and Stern was hilarious.

justinag06

19-05-2007 22:18:46

[quoteecf31bb08d="good2speed"]Not having a low post option really exposed GS and Nelson's small ball. Granted boozer played phenomenal and deserves credit. The fact is as much as I love nellies small ball its proven through out time that you need a low post option of some kind to be effective...well unless your michael Jordan.
[/quoteecf31bb08d]
I'll take it a step further that fast paced Pheonix/GS baseketball isn't good enough to win a championship.

A team like SA has beaten every combo of Dallas/Pheonix team built like that every time.

[quoteecf31bb08d="good2speed"]
SA is odds on favorite to take this thing down. As much as I respect their consistency I absolutely loathe them this time of year.[/quoteecf31bb08d]

I no longer loathe them, I'll root for them in the Finals if they advance.

for now Go Utah!!

ILoveToys

20-05-2007 18:28:21

[quote2732a87dd2="good2speed"]Oh man these finals are going to be real boring.

DEt vs SA Finals. yawn[/quote2732a87dd2]

You've been hating on these teams since they were in the finals for 7 games a couple of years ago. It's true, they aren't flashy, but they are the two best TEAMS in the league and have been for quite some time. It's might not get the ratings, but to be honest the NBA sucks overall now anyway.

I'd prefer to watch college ball b/c they play the real game, but I have the NBA right now, and I prefer to watch a team that doesn't lose when 1 or 2 players are stopped. Chicago had better overall talent, but only Gordon and Deng score for them. Cleveland should probably beat Detroit too, but if they shut down just Lebron, the series is over and Cleveland can go home again.

I'd much rather see a 75-70 scrapfest than a 124-120 game where it's layup after layup on both ends. Spurs VS Pistons rematch FTW.

Hunter_82

20-05-2007 20:25:36

[quote11183a34ad="ILoveToys"]
but to be honest the NBA sucks overall now anyway.
I'd prefer to watch college ball b/c they play the real game[/quote11183a34ad]

Not to be hating on college basketball because i love it...but it has its problems to. Mainly everyone just jacks up 3's because the 3 point line is so close...i for one hope they get that fixed.
On another note...my Jazz were whipped today and clearly looked overmatched as i figured they would be...as i stated before...if the Spurs and Pistons are back in the Finals i won't be watching 1 second of it. I realize they are the best 2 teams...i just have no interest in either of them.

Sigh...Is it almost Football season yet?

ILoveToys

21-05-2007 20:40:17

It wasn't pretty but

http//i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/BigPimpin771111/nba_a_kingjames_412.jpg[" alt=""/img608603a5a1]

Wolfeman

21-05-2007 22:53:23

Do they not know how to spell Detroit?

DRay9911

22-05-2007 17:48:43

Boston gets jacked in the lottery...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can't wait to read what that pud simmons has to say about it

-dan

ILoveToys

24-05-2007 20:03:20

LBJ is way overrated

http//i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/BigPimpin771111/pclead_070524w.jpg[" alt=""/img4fc206d53a]

Notice the picture of the clown head flopping again too....

cmcalli

25-05-2007 05:22:05

Yup they are no match...LBJ just cries about fouls all game long along with his coach.

Just watch though they blitched enough in the last 30 seconds of the game and in press conferences and LBJ will get every call come Sunday...so I won't expect much of a real b-ball game then.

MyungChunHa

25-05-2007 05:31:42

LeBron is NOT overrated, this man has the potential the be the best player that ever lived, are we forgetting how YOUNG he is, and how good he is at this age...

Just imagine 6-7 years from now when he's in his prime and the Cavs have a decent supporting cast (they have one now, but they need some more chemistry)...

Plus it's not like their getting blown out, they have stayed within three points each game, it's actually kind of funny of both games were 79-76, I don't think that's ever happened before....Cavs are a great team and LeBron might just be the best that ever played...

cmcalli

25-05-2007 05:36:09

LBJ will NEVER compare to the greats of MJ or Wilt

MyungChunHa

25-05-2007 06:55:47

[quote69580052fb="cmcalli"]LBJ will NEVER compare to the greats of MJ or Wilt[/quote69580052fb]
Wilt was just ahead of his time and would have never scored 100 in a game if he went against the talent of today's defense, he was basically just a huge althletic guy playing against small inferior players, talented but not as much as records would have you believe....

MJ was the best player, but the biggest reason he won so many titles is because of Phil and the players around him, I doubt MJ would win a title with this years Cavs roll

LeBron will compare very easily against both of them in terms of pure talent, hell he already is, he's just young and learning, I'm not saying that he will be better, but he will compare just like Kobe does....Both of them aren't too far off from MJ...

Personally, I think LeBron has the best chance out of the players in the next decade to eclipse Jordan, people don't want to pass the crown because of hype and a mere lack of basketball knowledge, but if you ask any expert I bet you they would say LeBron has the best chance, not to mention he will be the best player in the league in 3 or 4 years, hopefully his team can catch up, if not his talent will go unoticed because of people's unwillingness to respect players without titles...

justinag06

25-05-2007 12:54:42

I don't think Lebron will ever live up to his hype. He is a great player, I mean lets give him credit where it's due. He took the worst team in the NBA 4 years later to the Eastern Conference finals. He has essentially no one around him and yet his team is still competitive every night.

I also think he is tweaking with his game, and wants to be more like Steve Nash than Michael Jordan right now. The fact that he always misses big shots and can't score in the 4th though should worry anyone that in Cleveland. I don't see any "star" in the league leading their teams to championships year after year for dynasty's like we had in the Jordan era. Which is what I imagine you are talking about when you say eclipse Jordan.

I'd probably crown wade now if I had to as the best of that years class. I'm not so sure though, the heat are loaded with veteran talent, and he has shaq to help him out.

Oh and you never know Darko is younger than lebron so maybe he will grow into the next jordan too

Hunter_82

25-05-2007 13:03:11

Lebron still has a lot to work on. For one he really needs to develop his jumper! I think it would be almost impossible for him to live up to all the hype. You can't deny that he has accomplished a lot (more than i ever expected) in a very short amount of time and at a young age! I'm not going to make any predictions about what he will or will not become. I'm just going to sit back and watch him continue to develop...because lets be honest...who actually knows at this stage what will happen down the road? He has talent...lets just see what he does with it.

ILoveToys

25-05-2007 22:18:29

The Pistons aren't even playing like they deserve to be in the playoffs, and Lebron still can't help his team rise up and win one. I'm sorry but MJ would have put up more than 19 in games like these first 2 even when he didn't have the team to win with.

I don't even like MJ, but he is the best ever, and I don't think anyone will ever knock him off his thrown. He hit too many clutch shots in too many huge games, and was dominant for too many years.

Hunter_82

26-05-2007 20:16:20

So enough about Lebron...being a Jazz fan i'm glad we have Deron Williams! Now i'm not saying we are going to come back and beat the Spurs. I'm just saying this 2nd year player has had a huge playoffs and is going to be a star!!! Hopefully we at least win the next one and even the series to make it interesting!

MyungChunHa

27-05-2007 08:33:31

[quotef75d8a22b6="ILoveToys"]The Pistons aren't even playing like they deserve to be in the playoffs, and Lebron still can't help his team rise up and win one. I'm sorry but MJ would have put up more than 19 in games like these first 2 even when he didn't have the team to win with.

I don't even like MJ, but he is the best ever, and I don't think anyone will ever knock him off his thrown. He hit too many clutch shots in too many huge games, and was dominant for too many years.[/quotef75d8a22b6]
Let's not forget that MJ went through college before entering the NBA and already had his experience playing at an above average level, LeBron cam strait from high school, and would be a rookie now with loads of experience, probably a title or two, had he went the same path as Jordan, I'm not sure any of yall [if75d8a22b6]really[/if75d8a22b6] know Jordan's history, with a little help from Wikipedia (for numbers), it resembles LeBron's a lot....

Freshman - UNC - avg. 13.4 points on 53.4% shooting (very solid numbers, still gaining experience)

1984 - Jordan enters NBA a year before graduating college, Bulls go 38-44 with Jordan standing out during just his first year, becoming all-star but not being able to lead his team to a championship

85-90 - Jordan excels and puts huge numbers up, gaining much respect and earning an MVP I think, but no championship for the first 6 sesaons he played...

90-91 season - first championship and an MVP season, Jordan arises as one of the unstoppable stars he is viewed as...

Now LeBron's time line

2003 Draft - selected #1 overall strait from High School...first NBA game he scored 25 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, and 4 steals on 60% field goal shooting (unbelievable); youngest player ever to score 40 points in game

He's only been in the league for four seasons with not many great role players or a legendary coach like mike had, and he is almost title eligible....

So all in all, I would say LeBron is as close as anyone to eclipse Jordan, LeBron would be a rookie this year if he went through college, that's saying something..

IMPO, I don't think he will gain the popularity of Jordan or his defensive ability and overall complete package, but as far as offensive explosiveness and overall raw talent and strength, he will have Jordan beat...

good2speed

28-05-2007 07:15:38

Ive been away for a while... lots to catch up on... thx for keeping the thread pumping.

[quotef96b9a2d53="justinag06"]
I'll take it a step further that fast paced Pheonix/GS baseketball isn't good enough to win a championship.

A team like SA has beaten every combo of Dallas/Pheonix team built like that every time.[/quotef96b9a2d53]

Well Dallas beat SA last year and who knows how the series wouldve ended this year with the Suns if Stern didnt go all dictator on a stupid rule that is guaranteed to be changed this summer.

Also in 2005 the suns wouldve played better if they still had Joe Jonsohn who was literally knocked out of the playoffs by Stackhouse.

I always feel whenver the Spurs win it.... its like they won it by default and none of the other teams stepped up that year or that they got hosed by Stern and the league office.

[quotef96b9a2d53="ILoveToys"]
I'd much rather see a 75-70 scrapfest than a 124-120 game where it's layup after layup on both ends. Spurs VS Pistons rematch FTW.[/quotef96b9a2d53]

After watching the Warriors play for a while, I can no longer watch an eastern conference game with as much enthusiasm. I hate the 75-70 slugfests now. The 125-123 game is what I want to see. Kind of odd because I grew up on the Knicks whose philosophy was to knock you down and win on defense.

[quotef96b9a2d53="MyungChunHa"]LeBron is NOT overrated, this man has the potential the be the best player that ever lived, are we forgetting how YOUNG he is, and how good he is at this age...

Just imagine 6-7 years from now when he's in his prime and the Cavs have a decent supporting cast (they have one now, but they need some more chemistry).[/quotef96b9a2d53]

Lebron is not overrated but he is overrated as far as clutchness is concerned. He played well last night but for the mostpart he makes bad decisions in crunch time. They still have a shot to win this series but I wouldnt be scared of Lebron in the playoffs for another 2-3 years

[quotef96b9a2d53="cmcalli"]LBJ will NEVER compare to the greats of MJ or Wilt[/quotef96b9a2d53]

well if hes only as good as Magic, Bird, Oscar, Kareem, or Russell .. Id say he's had a good career...

[quotef96b9a2d53="MyungChunHa"][quotef96b9a2d53="cmcalli"]LBJ will NEVER compare to the greats of MJ or Wilt[/quotef96b9a2d53]
Wilt was just ahead of his time and would have never scored 100 in a game if he went against the talent of today's defense, he was basically just a huge althletic guy playing against small inferior players, talented but not as much as records would have you believe....[/quotef96b9a2d53]

QFT but dont let the oldies on realgm hear you say that. They will religiously defend Wilts greatness and say things like he would average 50 playing today even against a prime Shaq. lol

[quotef96b9a2d53="MyungChunHa"]
Personally, I think LeBron has the best chance out of the players in the next decade to eclipse Jordan, people don't want to pass the crown because of hype and a mere lack of basketball knowledge[/quotef96b9a2d53]

No one will ever eclipse Mike ever. Mike was just a revolutionary figure and was pretty much liked by all. No player has the combination of skill, charisma, talent, determination, poise, killer instinct, and/or ability to garner a realtionship with fans across all demographics and economic status. The kids just need to find their own identity as no one will ever come close to what MJ did

[quotef96b9a2d53="justinag06"]I don't think Lebron will ever live up to his hype. He is a great player, I mean lets give him credit where it's due. He took the worst team in the NBA 4 years later to the Eastern Conference finals. He has essentially no one around him and yet his team is still competitive every night.
[/quotef96b9a2d53]

Ya LBJ still has along way to go but last night was impressive. He was actually hitting his shots.

[quotef96b9a2d53="justinag06"]
I'd probably crown wade now if I had to as the best of that years class. I'm not so sure though, the heat are loaded with veteran talent, and he has shaq to help him out.
[/quotef96b9a2d53]

/me bows down. Glad someone still remembers how good Wade is when healthy. I just got back from MIA and all the so called fans were talking shit about Wade and disregarding the injury.

[quotef96b9a2d53="Hunter_82"]So enough about Lebron...being a Jazz fan i'm glad we have Deron Williams! Now i'm not saying we are going to come back and beat the Spurs. I'm just saying this 2nd year player has had a huge playoffs and is going to be a star!!! Hopefully we at least win the next one and even the series to make it interesting![/quotef96b9a2d53]

Deron is damn good but I hate him so much for knocking out the W's. Oooh I still hate Derek Fisher as well. Anyways kudos to Utah they are a strong willed team and find a way to avoid getting punked even after their defensive juggernaut is embarrassed with a top 10 playoff dunk

LeBron cam strait from high school
[/quotef96b9a2d53]

With that kind of spelling it looks like you came straight from high school as well. ;)

So all in all, I would say LeBron is as close as anyone to eclipse Jordan, LeBron would be a rookie this year if he went through college, that's saying something..

IMPO, I don't think he will gain the popularity of Jordan or his defensive ability and overall complete package, but as far as offensive explosiveness and overall raw talent and strength, he will have Jordan beat...[/quotef96b9a2d53]

You are delusional. Lebron is Lebron and he will never eclispe Jordan in any category. Maybe most times caught on camera biting his nails. and BTW the best players are the players who can dominate on both ends of the floor. and Lebron needs more personality. too me hes still Leboring

good2speed

28-05-2007 07:15:49

[quote597f0cc707="DRay9911"]Boston gets jacked in the lottery...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can't wait to read what that pud simmons has to say about it

-dan[/quote597f0cc707]

lol this deserves its own thread.

I am convinced the NBA rigged the draft this year. Having Por and Sea take the first 2 picks makes too much business sense. Both franchises are struggling in the Northwest and Sea has gone as far as to request a move from the city since the owner(starbucks owner) and govt cant reach a new deal on a stadium. Por as well has been struggliong recently and also are having issues funding a new aRENA. Their owner also happens to be an exec for Microsoft.

The NBA has gone out of its way on many occassions to make sure the league is balanced and to assist struggling franchises. This year the evidence is overwhelming. The Nba chose to stick it to the teams who decided to tank games to improve lottery percentages as well as provide relief to franchises on the verge of collapse.

God damn you NBA.. you are turning into the WWE

justinag06

28-05-2007 07:54:06

[quote0f655850ac="good2speed"]Ive been away for a while... lots to catch up on... thx for keeping the thread pumping.

[quote0f655850ac="justinag06"]

A team like SA has beaten every combo of Dallas/Pheonix team built like that every time.[/quote0f655850ac]

Well Dallas beat SA last year and who knows how the series wouldve ended this year with the Suns if Stern didnt go all dictator on a stupid rule that is guaranteed to be changed this summer.

Also in 2005 the suns wouldve played better if they still had Joe Jonsohn who was literally knocked out of the playoffs by Stackhouse.

I always feel whenver the Spurs win it.... its like they won it by default and none of the other teams stepped up that year or that they got hosed by Stern and the league office.

[/quote0f655850ac]

Well Dallas became a different team in the past 3 years, so last years Dallas team was no longer of that same thread that GS and the suns are now.

I agree with you 110% about the spurs, each year a team doesn't step up and take it, the spurs are there to make sure a mediocre team won't slip through to win.

MyungChunHa

28-05-2007 07:55:23

[quoteb4394b64f9="good2speed"][quoteb4394b64f9="MyungChunHa"][quoteb4394b64f9="cmcalli"]LBJ will NEVER compare to the greats of MJ or Wilt[/quoteb4394b64f9]
Wilt was just ahead of his time and would have never scored 100 in a game if he went against the talent of today's defense, he was basically just a huge althletic guy playing against small inferior players, talented but not as much as records would have you believe....[/quoteb4394b64f9]

QFT but dont let the oldies on realgm hear you say that. They will religiously defend Wilts greatness and say things like he would average 50 playing today even against a prime Shaq. lol[/quoteb4394b64f9]
lol I've tried before, doesn't work, a lifetime's worth of subborness is not worth my time breaking down..

What is QFT though?

[quoteb4394b64f9="good2speed"]No one will ever eclipse Mike ever. Mike was just a revolutionary figure and was pretty much liked by all. No player has the combination of skill, charisma, talent, determination, poise, killer instinct, and/or ability to garner a realtionship with fans across all demographics and economic status. The kids just need to find their own identity as no one will ever come close to what MJ did[/quoteb4394b64f9]
Like I said though, I personally don't think he will as far as complete package, popularity, but as far as raw talent on the offensive end (plus he still could up his defensive game easily), yes I do think he has a great chance...I'm not giving anyone the torch yet, but I am going to give respect and LeBron deserves...

[quoteb4394b64f9="good2speed"][quoteb4394b64f9="MyungChunHa"]
LeBron cam strait from high school
[/quoteb4394b64f9]

With that kind of spelling it looks like you came straight from high school as well. ;) [/quoteb4394b64f9]
Atcaully I did, I just gradautid

[quoteb4394b64f9="good2speed"]You are delusional. Lebron is Lebron and he will never eclispe Jordan in any category. Maybe most times caught on camera biting his nails. and BTW, the best players are the players who can dominate on both ends of the floor. and Lebron needs more personality. too me hes still Leboring[/quoteb4394b64f9]
I still say people are forgetting how young this man is, he's only been at it for 4 years! Jordan didn't even get to a championship until his 6 season, and LeBron might have a chance this year....At the level he's playing now, it's not too hard to see him achieve the level that Jordan was playing on, at least not to me....I don't think anyone will ever give him the respect though because Jordan is Jordan and nobody wants to give away the crown because of the mere mythology of it all...

good2speed

28-05-2007 08:48:43

[quoted3f4790bd0="justinag06"]
Well Dallas became a different team in the past 3 years, so last years Dallas team was no longer of that same thread that GS and the suns are now.

I agree with you 110% about the spurs, each year a team doesn't step up and take it, the spurs are there to make sure a mediocre team won't slip through to win.[/quoted3f4790bd0]

You think Utah still has a chance in this series. I was watching the 4th qtr of game 3 and it looked as though Utah had the Spurs rattled. Utah is def a tough place to play in and I expect Utah to push this to 7. It might be a longshot but I think the Jazz have their home games covered and would only need to get a win in SA to take the series. Im not really a fan of either team and I figure an upset making the finals is the best news...even though I stilll hate Deron,Derek,Booze, Ak47, and Sloan

[quoted3f4790bd0="MyungChunHa"]lol I've tried before, doesn't work, a lifetime's worth of subborness is not worth my time breaking down..

What is QFT though?[/quoted3f4790bd0]

QFT = quoted for truth

[quoted3f4790bd0="MyungChunHa"]
Like I said though, I personally don't think he will as far as complete package, popularity, but as far as raw talent on the offensive end (plus he still could up his defensive game easily), yes I do think he has a great chance.[/quoted3f4790bd0]

Lebron is a freak going to the basket. He has quickness, ball handling, size, and raw power going to the basket. Once he figures out that he should drive to the basket every possession he will be unstoppable. As for now he relies on that jumpshot way too much for someone that young and with that much ability to get to the basket. Great players usually develop a consistent jumpshot when their athleticism has passed them by. When Lebron takes a contested 3 he plays into the hands of the defense.

[quoted3f4790bd0="MyungChunHa"]
At the level he's playing now, it's not too hard to see him achieve the level that Jordan was playing on, at least not to me....I don't think anyone will ever give him the respect though because Jordan is Jordan and nobody wants to give away the crown because of the mere mythology of it all...[/quoted3f4790bd0]

The fact is if Lebron wants to be compared witht he all time greats hes going to have to win some rings. It doesnt matter how many conf finals or finals he gest to. Until he wins the big one there will always be the question mark. Just look at the diff a ring has made for Peyton Manning. A year ago he was just a great qb who could never win the big one. Now hes still a great qb who can lead his team to victory and be discussed among the alltime greats.

MyungChunHa

28-05-2007 08:59:42

[quote57a00ebd8b="good2speed"]The fact is if Lebron wants to be compared witht he all time greats hes going to have to win some rings. It doesnt matter how many conf finals or finals he gest to. Until he wins the big one there will always be the question mark. Just look at the diff a ring has made for Peyton Manning. A year ago he was just a great qb who could never win the big one. Now hes still a great qb who can lead his team to victory and be discussed among the alltime greats.[/quote57a00ebd8b]
Can't argue with you there, he is going to have to prove himself at the highest peak of the NBA, he deserves one or two, but we'll have to wait and see if he can do it...

justinag06

28-05-2007 17:28:45

I am still pulling for Utah honestly i've yet to see a game through though. So I don't know what kind of shot they have against SA. I would never bet against the spurs either. You really have to show up for 4 quarters all 7 games if you want to have a shot at beating them. If Utah made some nice adjustments in game 3, then I'd give em a real shot though.

good2speed

29-05-2007 10:56:51

Guess the underdog making the finals is not happening. Damn you San Antonio. I normally would back SA but the whole Horry checking Nash ahs turned me aginst them. If it is Det vs SA I would wnat Det to win the series.

Wolfeman

29-05-2007 12:19:29

I would've like things to go different but SA v. Det will be a good finals...

justinag06

29-05-2007 12:37:26

ya'll have given up on lebron? They lost the first two games by a field goal, I am not counting this series over until it is over.

Hunter_82

29-05-2007 12:39:49

The Jazz looked young and frustrated last night...just like i expected them to look in this years playoffs...but hey...they made a run. Of course it helped that Dallas was knocked out. Anyways, I have not given up on the Cavs pulling off the upset yet...but i will be pulling for the East over SA.

justinag06

29-05-2007 12:59:44

I think the Kobe trade talk makes for interesting conversation also, but it's to early to be considered serious, and usually the deals that get made in the end aren't noticeable from the beginning.

good2speed

29-05-2007 14:41:33

[quote7a78ca1b2a="justinag06"]I think the Kobe trade talk makes for interesting conversation also, but it's to early to be considered serious, and usually the deals that get made in the end aren't noticeable from the beginning.[/quote7a78ca1b2a]

chances of Kobe getting traded are slim to none. The Lakers need Kobe and Kobe needs the Lakers. Lakers need to fill seats in LA and Kobe is def top 5 most popular in the nba and is absolutely adored in Los Angeles. The only players that could match Kobe's star attraction in LA are Wade, Lebron, Melo, and KG. Makes no sense to trade him from a Lakers perspective as they should just find more complimentary pieces to place around Kobe.

Also Kobe loves scoring 50 whenever he wants. If you trade him to the east coast he will have not have as many opportunities to go for 50. Lakers are the only team that I know of that dims the lights in the crowd so the players are really in the spotlight.

but if were to be traded Id go with

Kobe

for

stephen jackson
Harrington
Richardson

good2speed

30-05-2007 10:28:40

shock

OMFG.. Kobe has just told Stephen A simth on radio that he wants to be traded from the Lakers and there is nothing the Lakers can do to change his mind.

TryinToGetPaid

30-05-2007 10:39:22

I hate athletes/coaches who lie one minute and then lie again.

Nick Saban did it with "I am NOT going to Alabama!" and now Kobe did it with "I did not demand a trade!"

Oh well, he asked for Shaq to be traded so the team could focus around him and it hasn't worked. Maybe the Celtics should look into Kobe.

good2speed

30-05-2007 11:15:32

[quotee13fdd2119="TryinToGetPaid"]I hate athletes/coaches who lie one minute and then lie again.

Nick Saban did it with "I am NOT going to Alabama!" and now Kobe did it with "I did not demand a trade!"

Oh well, he asked for Shaq to be traded so the team could focus around him and it hasn't worked. Maybe the Celtics should look into Kobe.[/quotee13fdd2119]

supposedly he didnt ask for Shaq to be traded and he intially asked for a trade this morning due to trust issues with management. Kobe is furious that the front office released a quote stating that the reason the Lakers are in a mess is because Kobe shipped Shaq off(Kobe has said in interviews that he wasnt the reason). Shaq has even gone on record stating that Lakers management is corrupt and that he agrees with Kobe 1000%(yes 1 thousand). So basically Kobe is upset that management lied to him about putting the right players around him and keeping the team elite during his prime years.

And every team in the league is going to inquire about Kobe's services. There is not one team in the league that wouldn't want to have him on their roster

Wolfeman

30-05-2007 11:21:26

Jeez Kobe is being such a little bitch. Why can't he keep this private? By being all public and crying he is killing the Laker's chance of getting a fair deal. I hope he goes to the Knicks and has to deal with Isiah...

good2speed

30-05-2007 11:57:58

[quoted82d8bb377="Wolfeman"]Jeez Kobe is being such a little bitch. Why can't he keep this private? By being all public and crying he is killing the Laker's chance of getting a fair deal. I hope he goes to the Knicks and has to deal with Isiah...[/quoted82d8bb377]

knicks would take Kobe with open arms

how does

Francis
Curry
Channing Frye
Knicks #1 in 2009.

for

Kobe
Walton(sign and trade)

MyungChunHa

30-05-2007 12:47:47

That's a cool senario, not sure if it would work economically though

You know the Knicks would go after Bynum, but that's the future right there, would [ife22bd2863]you[/ife22bd2863] give him up?

justinag06

30-05-2007 13:09:43

pretty damn bad for the lakers, the knicks players are all way overpaid. I expect to see cuban working hard on this one.

the most hated player with the most hated owner, the mavs would become the most hated team.

bodog has released odds on the whole trade scenario

Chicago Bulls 3/1
Phoenix Suns 7/2
Dallas Mavericks 4/1
New York Knicks 5/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 6/1
Portland Trailblazers 6/1
Los Angeles Clippers 13/2
Denver Nuggets 7/1
Golden State Warriors 8/1
Houston Rockets 11/1
Miami Heat 15/1
Field (Any Other Team) 4/1

[quote440ed23ddb="TryinToGetPaid"]I hate athletes/coaches who lie one minute and then lie again.

Oh well, he asked for Shaq to be traded so the team could focus around him and it hasn't worked. Maybe the Celtics should look into Kobe.[/quote440ed23ddb]
[quote440ed23ddb="espn.com"]
Earlier in the day, Bryant said Buss masterminded the trade of Shaquille O'Neal -- and Shaq later confirmed Kobe's account.[/quote440ed23ddb]

I agree with the rest of your comment though

good2speed

30-05-2007 13:32:07

yep Id have Chi and PHX as the odds on favorites.

1 chi best package of Deng, Hinrich, #9 pick this year, and PJ Brown
2 PHx best package of Marion, Barbosa, Atl #1 pick next year ,and cap filler

The reality is though Kobe is so good there are only a few players you wouldnt trade for him. ANyone feel free to add to my list.

KG(if traded for each other then trade would be laterral and team would still suck)
Lebron
Wade
Duncan
Melo(Kobes much better but Melo is 5 years younger)
Dirk
DHoward(if traded for each other then trade would be laterral and team would still suck)

Everyone else in the league just became availible. Lakers are gonna be swamped with offers and if traded will make out much better then they did when trading Shaq

Wolfeman

30-05-2007 14:17:10

[quoteb3f3517098="ESPN.com"]Hours after Kobe Bryant asked for a trade on Stephen A. Smith's radio show, he backed off after speaking to Phil Jackson and told Dan Patrick he wants to be a Laker for life.[/quoteb3f3517098]
Is he having a breakdown?

justinag06

30-05-2007 17:25:09

no, I think he is extremely pissed off at the lakers front office

[quote0accddba3a="good2speed"]yep Id have Chi and PHX as the odds on favorites.

1 chi best package of Deng, Hinrich, #9 pick this year, and PJ Brown
2 PHx best package of Marion, Barbosa, Atl #1 pick next year ,and cap filler

The reality is though Kobe is so good there are only a few players you wouldnt trade for him. ANyone feel free to add to my list.

KG(if traded for each other then trade would be laterral and team would still suck)
Lebron
Wade
Duncan
Melo(Kobes much better but Melo is 5 years younger)
Dirk
DHoward(if traded for each other then trade would be laterral and team would still suck)

Everyone else in the league just became availible. Lakers are gonna be swamped with offers and if traded will make out much better then they did when trading Shaq[/quote0accddba3a]

Yeah I can say confidently I don't think the mavs will be playing with kobe next year. If we trade dirk, which maybe isn't the best idea as we have tons of guards but no real power forward, maybe josh howard could fill that role, if so then awesome. If we were able to trade some combo of stackhouse and terry though it might work out well for us. We could aggressively pursue Billups to fill the point, if not we have harris.

I can't see the lakers making a deal without dirk, harris or howard in return though.

justinag06

31-05-2007 20:57:06

KING JAMES HAS ARRIVED

11/14 in 4th and OT.

Cavs to the finals = awesome, and puts lebron james up there as one of the greatest already.

Hunter_82

31-05-2007 21:03:04

[quote042b4ddc6f="justinag06"]KING JAMES HAS ARRIVED

11/14 in 4th and OT.

Cavs to the finals = awesome, and puts lebron james up there as one of the greatest already.[/quote042b4ddc6f]

He has arrived in a HUGE WAY! That performance was amazing. I was just getting on here to ask all those who where bashing him earlier about it....Overrated...overhyped....can't hit the big shot... So much for that.

good2speed

31-05-2007 21:19:10

impressive win but they still have to win 4 to make the finals.

zdub08

31-05-2007 21:41:24

lebron gets so many shitty fouls called. especially after he whines to the refs.

dribbles to the bucket.
gets trapped.
fucking DIVES and throws the ball at the backboard.
liwhistleli

justinag06

31-05-2007 22:16:37

Same calls wade was getting in the finals last year...He is too fast when gets in the lane and draws contact, some of it is bullshit I agree. The NBA has shown a tendancy to give the stars these calls time and time again. So at least they are being consistent. The question is it because they are so fast or because they are the stars? If good2speed can subscribe to his conspiracy theories of the NBA giving the lottery to poor market teams up in the NW, then I can certainly see them doing all they can to give stars like wade and lebron a ring. I don't want to believe either of these though.

shrug

The pistons appeared to be falling apart the looks on their faces as lebron kept charging in their for a dunk, Prince looks at sheed and weber as if to say where the fuck were you?

Still though this game was not at all controlled by the cavs, lebron just kept fighting back time and time again. The pistons should not be discouraged, it just seems like they aren't playing up to their potential at all in this series. When the games start going into the 100's that is not DEEEEEEEEEEEEEET-ROIT basketball now is it

good2speed

31-05-2007 22:51:46

Lebron hit some clutch shots but Flip Saunders really proved how inept he really is when it comes to defense. The TNT crew covered it.. basically Lebron was allowed to attack a Pistons zone when they should of went man or at least double. If Cavs do make the Finals the Spurs frontline will not let that happen. Lebron will have to get passed Bowen -> Duncan -> Oberto/Elson. Not gonna happen. Would be surprised if Lebron scores over 23 a a game against the Spurs. In fact Id bet a lot on that line(Lebron under 23 for the series against spurs)

MyungChunHa

01-06-2007 05:35:18

[quotee6731bce9c="zdub08"]lebron gets so many shitty fouls called. especially after he whines to the refs.

dribbles to the bucket.
gets trapped.
fucking DIVES and throws the ball at the backboard.
liwhistleli[/quotee6731bce9c]
For one, he only took SIX free throw attempts, making five while scoring the CAVS LAST TWENTY-SIX POINTS!!

If that doesn't make yall give him the respect he deserves than nothing will, he single-handly put the Cavs in a winning position and took over the game, the Pistons D could have done better, but they DID NOT FALL APART, just look at the play-by-play, LeBron was the only player to score for the Cavs from 217 in the fourth all throughout TWO overtimes, that's is freaking insane!

Hopefully all of you will give more credence to my argument that he will be the best player in two-three years and might even eclipse Jordan...

Hell, if he wins a title this year (don't put it past him), he would have already done something that Jordan never did, win a Championship straight from High School and within 4 seasons, I rest my case

[quotee6731bce9c="good2speed"]Lebron hit some clutch shots but Flip Saunders really proved how inept he really is when it comes to defense. The TNT crew covered it.. basically Lebron was allowed to attack a Pistons zone when they should of went man or at least double. If Cavs do make the Finals the Spurs frontline will not let that happen. Lebron will have to get passed Bowen -> Duncan -> Oberto/Elson. Not gonna happen. Would be surprised if Lebron scores over 23 a a game against the Spurs. In fact Id bet a lot on that line(Lebron under 23 for the series against spurs)[/quotee6731bce9c]
I'll bet you, how about a green o , seriously, only if the Cavs make it to the Finals though

good2speed

01-06-2007 07:56:38

[quote9345fd0277="MyungChunHa"]
Hopefully all of you will give more credence to my argument that he will be the best player in two-three years and might even eclipse Jordan...

Hell, if he wins a title this year (don't put it past him), he would have already done something that Jordan never did, win a Championship straight from High School and within 4 seasons, I rest my case
[/quote9345fd0277]

Not even close yet. You need to stop the Mj comparison because as Justin pointed out Lebron hasn't even bested Wade yet. If you think 48 is impressive in a 2OT game then you missed last years finals when Wade went for 40 in the last 4 games on 50% shooting and didnt need 2OT's to do it.

[quote9345fd0277="MyungChunHa"]
I'll bet you, how about a green o , seriously, only if the Cavs make it to the Finals though[/quote9345fd0277]

Im down. Either a green or the cash equivalent for a Trainn site(lets say 25 if either of us cant get a green)

MyungChunHa

01-06-2007 08:28:20

[quote9e229c2c17="good2speed"][quote9e229c2c17="MyungChunHa"]

[/quote9e229c2c17]

Not even close yet. You need to stop the Mj comparison because as Justin pointed out Lebron hasn't even bested Wade yet. If you think 48 is impressive in a 2OT game then you missed last years finals when Wade went for 40 in the last 4 games on 50% shooting and didnt need 2OT's to do it. [/quote9e229c2c17]
The only reason I am keeping with the comparison is because I like a good debate, especially an NBA one, most of my friends aren't into the NBA so I have nobody to agrue about it except here...

Wade is damn good but I personally like Lebron's game better, Wade had tremendous talent and experience in his teamates, LeBron had close to ZERO experience and barely half the talent on his squad. 48 is impressive but the reason I'm pointing it out is because he had the last TWENTY-SIX points for his team single-handly beating the Pistons, a championship caliber team.

Your going to point out that Wade won the last four games of the Finals last year, destroying the Mavs, but look at who he had to help him...

[quote9e229c2c17="good2speed"]Im down. Either a green or the cash equivalent for a Trainn site(lets say 25 if either of us cant get a green)[/quote9e229c2c17]
That cool with me, anyone else want to get in on this?

The basic rules,
LeBron gets over 23 in one game -- green for me or $25 paypal
LeBron held under 23 in all games -- green for you or $25 paypal

We'll set everything else up if he actually does make the Finals

good2speed

01-06-2007 09:35:49

[quote33e856642f="MyungChunHa"]

The basic rules,
LeBron gets over 23 in one game -- green for me or $25 paypal
LeBron held under 23 in all games -- green for you or $25 paypal

We'll set everything else up if he actually does make the Finals[/quote33e856642f]

No we bet on the avg for the series not one game in particular.

Lebron can score 5, 8, 40, 38 in 4 games and you still will lose as his avg for the series would be 22.75 per game which is still under 23/game. No rounding up either

MyungChunHa

01-06-2007 12:21:09

Oh, I missed that last part of your post...I would have to rethink my bet then wink

Let's see if he gets in then we'll talk

justinag06

01-06-2007 12:40:38

[quote4ff84c6873="good2speed"]
Not even close yet. You need to stop the Mj comparison because as Justin pointed out Lebron hasn't even bested Wade yet. If you think 48 is impressive in a 2OT game then you missed last years finals when Wade went for 40 in the last 4 games on 50% shooting and didnt need 2OT's to do it.

Im down. Either a green or the cash equivalent for a Trainn site(lets say 25 if either of us cant get a green)[/quote4ff84c6873]

Well I am going to have to disagree with you if you say wade was more impressive last year than this singular performance. First of all 3 of those 4 games were on wades home court, not the road. Also wade was mostly getting to the line, lebron only went to the line 5 times or so last night.

Most importantly lebron has no where near the team that wade has. The heat should be a playoff team without d-wade with the talent they have, the cavs are a lottery team without lebron. With him they are going to the NBA finals?

He scored 29 of the last 30 cavalier points. That says it all right there, can you define clutch any better than that? He hit off balance 3's, attacked the basket did everything we want to see him do. He was 11-14 too during the last 6 of the 4th quarter on to the finish.

Also how much older was wade last year than lebron now? 2 years older, so it is tough to compare them both now. I'm not going to say 3 years in college and 1 years in the NBA is as good as 4 years in the NBA. I will say that 3 years in college and 3 years in the NBA is better than 4 years in the NBA though.

hell i'll take that bet too if you wanna go for two-fers.

)

zr2152

01-06-2007 17:23:12

Its funny how all of you are dissing my lebron for not taking the last second shot in game 1 and then now youre praising him for scoring 29 of the last 30 pts in game 5...where my cavs go up 3-2.

Hopefully/It will shut up the fucking critics and make them know that when lebron wants to play, he will. That is the only thing that he has to get passed. He needs to have the attitude to play hard..like last night...evey night. They could easily be a 60 win team if he played hard every night.

I think the cavs will win the series tomorrow because Z will have a big game and we will shoot 40% from 3's because lebron is going to be triple teamed and fouled harddddddddddd going to the basket. Marshall and Gibson are going to have big 3's.

So please, stop your bitching about lebron..he is living up to the hype. For goodness sake, he has only been out of high school 2 more years than I have, hes 22.'He will win a championship in shorter years than MJ (Lebron will win one in at least 7 years out of HS, it took MJ 10).

zr2152

02-06-2007 04:50:32

OKay here is something that you all must read so that you all finalyl stop dissing lebron.

Let's let the critics decide how good he will be and if they will make it past the easternc conference finals.

http//sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?page=Roundup-LeBron

Hunter_82

02-06-2007 21:24:50

Well it appears that i either vastly underestimated the Cavs or the Pistons did not show up in this series. Either way i am so glad its not the Pistons and Spurs in the Finals!!! Now if only the Cavs could pull off this huge upset....

zdub08

02-06-2007 22:18:31

I miss larry brown cry

zr2152

02-06-2007 23:54:59

[quotefafc273dc0="Hunter_82"]Well it appears that i either vastly underestimated the Cavs or the Pistons did not show up in this series. Either way i am so glad its not the Pistons and Spurs in the Finals!!! Now if only the Cavs could pull off this huge upset....[/quotefafc273dc0]

With Lebron, anything can happen. No one thought that they would beat the pistons..let alone in 6 games after losing 2 in a row.

Ive got my confidence in them and they will most likely take it to 7 games providing that lebron is still hot and can get some help from his supporting cast( licoughli licoughli daniel gibson).

oh yeah. I believe cleveland is 12-0 in the playoffs when he scores more than 20. Keep that in mind.

GO Cavs.

jy3

03-06-2007 09:06:54

go cleveland. always been a supporter of lebron for many reasons but it is awesome what they are doing as a team and what he has done as a player over just 4 seasons.

MyungChunHa

03-06-2007 10:02:29

[quote3cef8341f4="zr2152"]OKay here is something that you all must read so that you all finalyl stop dissing lebron.

Let's let the critics decide how good he will be and if they will make it past the easternc conference finals.

http//sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?page=Roundup-LeBron[/quote3cef8341f4]
/\/\/\
From this article
[quote3cef8341f4="Greg Anthony, ESPN"][b3cef8341f4]But this performance rivals it because there was no cushion for LeBron and he carries the most responsibility by far in the entire league. [/b3cef8341f4][u3cef8341f4]Plus, no player this young has ever been criticized this much while being so successful.[/u3cef8341f4] Let's appreciate a performance for the ages by a player who plays well beyond his age![/quote3cef8341f4]
Absolutely, he has the biggest burden I have ever seen on a player since I've been a fan....

That second line I disagree with though, Yao Ming is THE MOST criticized player in the league, if not all of sports, while being so extremely athletic, versitile, and skillfully successful...

justin -- Are you trying to bet against me or good2speed?

I want to take the bet but I've begun double-thinking myself....Bowen is still a monster and Duncan has the ability to stop LeBron in the paint, not saying that he will, but he can..

The mere leadership in LeBron has me putting him side by side with MJ shock

zr2152

03-06-2007 13:35:56

oh and let's not forget that the cavs swept the spurs this year...winning for the first time since 98 (i believe) in san antonio.

Powerbook

03-06-2007 13:46:55

I want the cavs to win it all. It would be so nice for them to win their first championship title.

Fr1zzank

03-06-2007 14:06:01

I'd really prefer the Cavs win it all this year, but they just give me the same feeling Miami gave me last year. It kind of seems that if Cleveland DOES win it this year, they'll tank in the playoffs next year.

But Miami was/is old, and Cleveland ain't. Ah well, I wouldn't have minded the Pistons winning the championship once more before they start their downward spiral. It's interesting though San Antonio are, arguably, on their way out as an elite team in the league for years to come, and Cleveland is a team maybe just hitting their stride and may become one of the elite. So, who will win the vets, or the youngins?

good2speed

03-06-2007 21:17:41

[quotece5dbeb693="MyungChunHa"]Oh, I missed that last part of your post...I would have to rethink my bet then wink

Let's see if he gets in then we'll talk[/quotece5dbeb693]

well hes in the Finals still want to take the bet?

[quotece5dbeb693="justinag06"]
hell i'll take that bet too if you wanna go for two-fers.[/quotece5dbeb693]

sure

[quotece5dbeb693="zr2152"]
He needs to have the attitude to play hard..like last night...evey night. They could easily be a 60 win team if he played hard every night. [/quotece5dbeb693]

Wow. Lol lets not get ahead of ourselves. The rest of the team is not that good and the Pistons are not as good as advertised. Detroit is known as a defensive juggernaut but its misleading since they lost their anchor B Wallace.

So please, stop your bitching about lebron..he is living up to the hype. For goodness sake, he has only been out of high school 2 more years than I have, hes 22.'He will win a championship in shorter years than MJ (Lebron will win one in at least 7 years out of HS, it took MJ 10).[/quotece5dbeb693]

Thats a little premature dont you think. Cle doesnt stand much chance against the Spurs and next year will be only harder as Wade will be healthy again and the Bulls will be a year older. And oh dont disreagrd the Nets aquiring a frontcourt player. All in all though Lebron is lucky to play in the east.

oh yeah. I believe cleveland is 12-0 in the playoffs when he scores more than 20. Keep that in mind.

GO Cavs.[/quotece5dbeb693]

well they beat the Wiz 4-0 and the Wiz didnt have Gil or Butler so if he doesnt score at least 20 then he sucks. Seriously who the hell guarded him in that series. How did he not go for 40 at least once.

he also beat the nets 4-1. So Im assuming the game he didnt show up they lost. That Nets team sucked also as V Carter has a habit of dissapperaing in the spotlight.

The only series you can take credit for is beating DET 4-2. So I guess in the 2 losses Lebron didnt show up and the team lost.

So basically all that says to me is that if Lebron shows up and at least scores 20 then the Cavs have a 66% chance in winning meaningful hardfought games. If lebron decides to do a now show then the Cavs stand no chance of getting a win

[quotece5dbeb693="MyungChunHa"]
I want to take the bet but I've begun double-thinking myself....Bowen is still a monster and Duncan has the ability to stop LeBron in the paint, not saying that he will, but he can..
[/quotece5dbeb693]

oh come on dont punk out now. You just had 2 pages of impassioned speech about how Lebron is the truth and that he is of MJ"s caliber. You think I would ever bet against MJ avg 23 in a series. Better yet would you ever second guess Mj avg at least 23 in a series. If you think LBJ is the next Mj then there is no way you cant take the bet.

[quotece5dbeb693="Fr1zzank"]I'd really prefer the Cavs win it all this year, but they just give me the same feeling Miami gave me last year. It kind of seems that if Cleveland DOES win it this year, they'll tank in the playoffs next year. [/quotece5dbeb693]

tanking implies that you lost on purpose. Mia didnt tank the playoffs they just werent at full force. As much of an argument everyone wants to make about how the Heat are a balanced team they go no where without a healthy Wade. Dal wouldve swept the heat if not for Wade who stepped up and scored practicallty every basket or assisted on every basket for the last 4 game sof the series. Legends are made in the Finals. Lebron has carried a huge load but I highly doubt lebron can do to the Spurs what Wade did last year against the Mavs.

[quotece5dbeb693="Fr1zzank"]
But Miami was/is old, and Cleveland ain't. Ah well, I wouldn't have minded the Pistons winning the championship once more before they start their downward spiral. It's interesting though San Antonio are, arguably, on their way out as an elite team in the league for years to come, and Cleveland is a team maybe just hitting their stride and may become one of the elite. So, who will win the vets, or the youngins?[/quotece5dbeb693]

you guys are so impressionable. Everyone knew getting to the East conf finals this year was a cakewalk. Especialy for Cleveland. They had to beat a depleted Wiz team and a not so good Nets team. They only beat Det which wasnt that good as advertised. Obviously Det is not the same defensive force they were in 2004. Granted the cavs won the series convincgly but in my mind it doesnt take Lebron to the holy land just yet.

Also the Cavs probably wouldnt make the playoffs playing in the West. Look at the first round matchup in the West and compare them to the team Cleveland had to play. You dont think the Mavs(best record in the league) wouldve rather have played a JV Wiz team rather then a red hot Warriors team.

If Cavs win 2 games in this series I will bow down and say I was wrong but as of yet Lebron alone isnt enough to beat the Spurs. I for one am not impressed with just reaching the Finals. In fact I commend the Spurs more for making it out of the West even if they had a little league help in making it through.

good2speed

03-06-2007 21:18:40

So who wants to bet. Im taking series lines for the series.

I am willing to bet on

1. Lebron avg for the series (23).
2. Who wins the series.

I will update later on with more player and series props from bodog. Lets make this fun. Will accept small $5 prop best on individual games as well. I guess I must state I am not a bookie or publicly work with any bookie. This is just friendly one-time(just for 2007 Nba Finals) FIpg.com betting and I will not accept any single game wagers exceeding $30.

To be continued. [/size6ae1596b15]

Wolfeman

03-06-2007 23:45:11

Spurs in 5...

MyungChunHa

04-06-2007 05:14:27

[quote5b54b45c2d="good2speed"]
[quote5b54b45c2d="MyungChunHa"]
[/quote5b54b45c2d]

oh come on dont punk out now. You just had 2 pages of impassioned speech about how Lebron is the truth and that he is of MJ"s caliber. You think I would ever bet against MJ avg 23 in a series. Better yet would you ever second guess Mj avg at least 23 in a series. If you think LBJ is the next Mj then there is no way you cant take the bet.[/quote5b54b45c2d]
Well, if you put it that way...

Bet LeBron avgs. 23/game = $25 (let's keep this monetary since the only site I have to do is 80/ref)

zr2152

04-06-2007 07:56:43

Its going to be interesting as to what you say about cleveland when/if the cavs beat the spurs.

What do you have to say about them taking both games from them this year...you left that quote out and decided not to respond to it.

As a die hard cavs fan (if you cant tell already) its hard for me to take the spurs over the cavs...all im going to say is that its going to only take 6 games.

good2speed

04-06-2007 08:06:56

[quotebce4461f12="zr2152"]Its going to be interesting as to what you say about cleveland when/if the cavs beat the spurs.

What do you have to say about them taking both games from them this year...you left that quote out and decided not to respond to it.

As a die hard cavs fan (if you cant tell already) its hard for me to take the spurs over the cavs...all im going to say is that its going to only take 6 games.[/quotebce4461f12]

not avoiding the quote just though it was too irrelevant to respond to.

and if you feel confident the Cavs will win the series lets go $20 on it. I'll even give you underdog odds. If cavs win I pay $25. If Spurs win you only pay $20.

zr2152

04-06-2007 08:13:41

[quotefa95c9cd46="good2speed"][quotefa95c9cd46="zr2152"]Its going to be interesting as to what you say about cleveland when/if the cavs beat the spurs.

As a die hard cavs fan (if you cant tell already) its hard for me to take the spurs over the cavs...all im going to say is that its going to only take 6 games.[/quotefa95c9cd46]

not avoiding the quote just though it was too irrelevant to respond to.

and if you feel confident the Cavs will win the series lets go $20 on it. I'll even give you underdog odds. If cavs win I pay $25. If Spurs win you only pay $20.[/quotefa95c9cd46]

I can be confident but I also need money. Being in Europe is really killing my bank account right now. Normally I would lovee to bet, but bills must be paid when I get back. Sorry homie.

Oh and I never picked who was going to win this series..but I know that it will be closer than you think. No im not satisfied with just and Eastern COnference Championship...im pulling for them to win it all. ITs been sooo long for cleveland and I just think that we are due.

Armstrong

04-06-2007 08:15:04

Some one tell gibson to shave those stupid pube's off this head. he looks like an idiot.

zdub08

04-06-2007 10:18:50

[quote7d0b457189="Armstrong"]Some one tell gibson to shave those stupid pube's off this head. he looks like an idiot.[/quote7d0b457189]
gibson?

..or gooden?

Wolfeman

04-06-2007 11:23:46

Gooden had to have lost a bet to keep that hair all season...

zr2152

04-06-2007 14:47:31

[quoteb6da9cea44="Wolfeman"]Gooden had to have lost a bet to keep that hair all season...[/quoteb6da9cea44]

No, someone bet him that he wouldnt do it for one game...he just decided to go crazy and leave it for the whole season.

Dont ask me why...haha

dossiej

06-06-2007 15:09:11

spurs will sweep cavs!

zr2152

06-06-2007 15:13:27

[quote729429fd67="dossiej"]spurs will sweep cavs![/quote729429fd67]

wanna put $100 on that?

good2speed

06-06-2007 15:48:23

so far I have Justin and Myung set at 25 a piece for Lebrons series average. Will confirm with Justin later on but it seems like Myung and I are locked in.

Anyone want to take an up to $10 bet on Lebron's over/under on points for Game 1. bodog has the over/under at 26. I will go for the under on that.[/size93d74cd23f]

Will also take an up to $25 bet on the over/under on Duncan's average for the series. Bodog has it at 24.1 I'll take the over[/size93d74cd23f]

Will also take an up to $15 bet on game 1. Bodog is giving the Cavs +7.5. I'll take the Spurs[/size93d74cd23f]

MyungChunHa

06-06-2007 16:43:05

If you think Duncan will avg. more than 26/game, I'll bet you $10 that he'll be 26 [be82e05331b]OR[/be82e05331b] under...

good2speed

06-06-2007 17:12:08

[quote70c0a03944="MyungChunHa"]If you think Duncan will avg. more than 26/game, I'll bet you $10 that he'll be 26 [b70c0a03944]OR[/b70c0a03944] under...[/quote70c0a03944]

ya right nice try. Duncan has never avg over 26 in a single season in the nba. I gave you a few points on Lebron dont get greedy.

MyungChunHa

07-06-2007 06:07:44

[quote5570e1fafa="good2speed"][quote5570e1fafa="MyungChunHa"]If you think Duncan will avg. more than 26/game, I'll bet you $10 that he'll be 26 [b5570e1fafa]OR[/b5570e1fafa] under...[/quote5570e1fafa]

ya right nice try. Duncan has never avg over 26 in a single season in the nba. I gave you a few points on Lebron dont get greedy.[/quote5570e1fafa]
Worth a try lol

zr2152

07-06-2007 06:09:37

I cant wait for the game tonight. Anyone know where I could stream the game online cause im in Europe right now and Im planning on just staying up late and watching the scoreboard update on espn.com...any suggestions?

good2speed

07-06-2007 08:30:27

[quotefef2fe456d="zr2152"]I cant wait for the game tonight. Anyone know where I could stream the game online cause im in Europe right now and Im planning on just staying up late and watching the scoreboard update on espn.com...any suggestions?[/quotefef2fe456d]

download sopcast

www.sopcast.org/download

once you've downloaded here is your guide

http//myp2p.eu/NBA.htm

looks like the game will be best viewed on the VP1 channel(English broadcast) which is channel 25568.

Karma appreciated. ENjoy the game

zr2152

07-06-2007 08:40:31

WOWWWW thanks a ton. YOu just made my day. Maybe I can give you MORE than Karma!!! )

good2speed

07-06-2007 08:43:34

[quote3f0b2a1e0c="zr2152"]WOWWWW thanks a ton. YOu just made my day. Maybe I can give you MORE than Karma!!! )[/quote3f0b2a1e0c]

easy now. I'm not that kind of guy. Karma works fine for me ;)

justin2610

07-06-2007 09:06:17

I can't wait to watch King James dunk on Duncan tonight. Thats right cavaliers over spurs...

zr2152

07-06-2007 11:11:49

[quote0485dfc23a="justin2610"]I can't wait to watch King James dunk on Duncan tonight. Thats right cavaliers over spurs...[/quote0485dfc23a]

finally

justinag06

07-06-2007 12:10:11

I'm going to take the spurs, baring a ridiculous performance from king james, should be an easy series for them. The spurs kinda limped through the majority of the regular season, so them losing twice to the cavs doesn't matter much to me.

zr2152

07-06-2007 12:46:22

[quote2abc377a25="justinag06"]I'm going to take the spurs, baring a ridiculous performance from king james, should be an easy series for them. The spurs kinda limped through the majority of the regular season, so them losing twice to the cavs doesn't matter much to me.[/quote2abc377a25]

That is true. But dont write out the cavs just yet...if everything goes right for them and keep parker and ginobli out of the paint...things could go just right for them.

MyungChunHa

07-06-2007 12:55:29

[quote5bfeef2bbe="zr2152"][quote5bfeef2bbe="justinag06"]I'm going to take the spurs, baring a ridiculous performance from king james, should be an easy series for them. The spurs kinda limped through the majority of the regular season, so them losing twice to the cavs doesn't matter much to me.[/quote5bfeef2bbe]

That is true. But dont write out the cavs just yet...if everything goes right for them and keep parker and ginobli out of the paint...things could go just right for them.[/quote5bfeef2bbe]
I wouldn't say easy though

zr2152

07-06-2007 17:27:39

[quoteffaa44e70c="MyungChunHa"][quoteffaa44e70c="zr2152"][quoteffaa44e70c="justinag06"]I'm going to take the spurs, baring a ridiculous performance from king james, should be an easy series for them. The spurs kinda limped through the majority of the regular season, so them losing twice to the cavs doesn't matter much to me.[/quoteffaa44e70c]

That is true. But dont write out the cavs just yet...if everything goes right for them and keep parker and ginobli out of the paint...things could go just right for them.[/quoteffaa44e70c]
I wouldn't say easy though[/quoteffaa44e70c]

No not at all..its going to be a tough road for my cavs but they have the possibility of pulling off the upset.

MyungChunHa

07-06-2007 17:41:08

[quotea7244f40e5="zr2152"][quotea7244f40e5="MyungChunHa"][quotea7244f40e5="zr2152"][quotea7244f40e5="justinag06"]I'm going to take the spurs, baring a ridiculous performance from king james, should be an easy series for them. The spurs kinda limped through the majority of the regular season, so them losing twice to the cavs doesn't matter much to me.[/quotea7244f40e5]

That is true. But dont write out the cavs just yet...if everything goes right for them and keep parker and ginobli out of the paint...things could go just right for them.[/quotea7244f40e5]
I wouldn't say easy though[/quotea7244f40e5]

No not at all..its going to be a tough road for my cavs but they have the possibility of pulling off the upset.[/quotea7244f40e5]
Well, actually I was talking about the quote from justinag, it won't be easy at all for the Spurs...Remember, these are still professional athletes and are the best basketball players in world, with LeBron on their side, the Cavs will hold their own

zr2152

07-06-2007 17:42:08

its about to start..thanks g2s for the streaming video...its 3am here and im tired as shit but im staying up for the game

justin2610

07-06-2007 21:17:38

Lebron will come back in game 2

zdub08

07-06-2007 23:10:03

4/16

what a superstar

good2speed

08-06-2007 08:16:59

sorry Lebron but you just got pwned

http//sio.midco.net/sublime/home/pwned.jpg[" alt=""/img91577da285]

[img="91577da285]http//www.members.lycos.co.uk/l33tn00b/Pics/Soon_Pwned.jpg[" alt=""/img91577da285]

[img="91577da285]http/" alt=""/img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/fireemblem87/pwned.jpg[/img91577da285]

MyungChunHa

08-06-2007 09:49:33

/\/\/\/\
The problem is I can't say shit back cry

tylerc

08-06-2007 10:06:35

God forbid he have one bad game.

I guess the 48 points he had in the other game is irrelevant?

MyungChunHa

08-06-2007 10:32:43

[quote694d150327="tylerc"]God forbid he have one bad game.

I guess the 48 points he had in the other game is irrelevant?[/quote694d150327]
Well, it was only one game, but you can't deny the fact that the Spurs completely dominated him...The Spurs to me are a much better defensive team then the Pistons w/o Ben

zdub08

08-06-2007 13:59:38

[quoteee236cd21f="tylerc"]God forbid he have one bad game.

I guess the 48 points he had in the other game is irrelevant?[/quoteee236cd21f]
he took basically every shot in the last quarter and 2 overtimes.

think if ginobili, parker, or duncan just took every shot for 22 minutes...

lebron is amazing when he's on, but he's too streaky.

zr2152

10-06-2007 17:14:14

predictions for tonights game?

galperi1

10-06-2007 19:20:36

[quote94783114f9="zr2152"]predictions for tonights game?[/quote94783114f9]

Cavs getting SMOKED....

Powerbook

11-06-2007 03:53:16

Spurs are really the much better team. However, I would love it if by some miracle the cavs did win the ring.

gmario

11-06-2007 04:24:54

lol lol Last nights game rocked my socks!!!! D

good2speed

11-06-2007 08:22:28

so mad it was a blowout after the first half yesterday. I knew the Spurs would get complacent with big lead and allow Lebron to score some easy baskets. Hoping the game was closer and Bowen played LBJ with intensity the whole game. Lebron got 25 last ngith but shouldve been held to under 20 again. Spurs ownz him.

Well you guys will probably win this bet since Lebron will get favorable calls at home. Lebron has to avg 26.5 the next 2 games and you guys will win the bet.

MyungChunHa

11-06-2007 09:51:47

[quote283a647ca6="good2speed"]so mad it was a blowout after the first half yesterday. I knew the Spurs would get complacent with big lead and allow Lebron to score some easy baskets. Hoping the game was closer and Bowen played LBJ with intensity the whole game. Lebron got 25 last ngith but shouldve been held to under 20 again. [u283a647ca6][b283a647ca6]Spurs ownz him.[/b283a647ca6] [/u283a647ca6]

Well you guys will probably win this bet since Lebron will get favorable calls at home. Lebron has to avg 26.5 the next 2 games and you guys will win the bet.[/quote283a647ca6]
I don't see why they don't run him on the baseline with a pick every play, get him 10-12 feet from the basket and then let him rise up and draw a foul, every play, instead they set him to draw a double team at the tope of the three point line and try to get him to make an assist, the role players aren't playing their roles either...

No comment for the bet just yet..

good2speed

11-06-2007 10:02:05

[quote87f61fc1e6="MyungChunHa"]
I don't see why they don't run him on the baseline with a pick every play, get him 10-12 feet from the basket and then let him rise up and draw a foul, every play, instead they set him to draw a double team at the tope of the three point line and try to get him to make an assist, the role players aren't playing their roles either...

No comment for the bet just yet..[/quote87f61fc1e6]

did you just realize Mike Brown is the coach of the Cavs? Honestly I was going to make a post even before the series started that even if the spurs and cavs were of equal talent the Spurs would still win due to the severe coaching advantage.

Mike Brown is a fool who doesnt play his best player(boobie) until its too late

The cavs should run this lineup at all times

Boobie
Pavlovic
Bron
Gooden
Varejao

MyungChunHa

12-06-2007 06:31:59

[quotef7375ae570="good2speed"][quotef7375ae570="MyungChunHa"]

No comment for the bet just yet..[/quotef7375ae570]

did you just realize Mike Brown is the coach of the Cavs? Honestly I was going to make a post even before the series started that even if the spurs and cavs were of equal talent the Spurs would still win due to the severe coaching advantage.

Mike Brown is a fool who doesnt play his best player(boobie) until its too late

The cavs should run this lineup at all times

Boobie
Pavlovic
Bron
Gooden
Varejao[/quotef7375ae570]
Truely, yes, yes I did just realize that when the series started, never was a Cavs fan and didn't care for their staff, except LeBron...

Well spoken though, what a waste of talent...

justinag06

12-06-2007 09:39:10

I hate to admit that I'm not even watching the finals, but it's oh so true. I don't have anything against the spurs, I just really don't feel cleveland has a chance against them.

Hunter_82

12-06-2007 11:23:17

[quote2f975e9707="justinag06"]I hate to admit that I'm not even watching the finals, but it's oh so true. I don't have anything against the spurs, I just really don't feel cleveland has a chance against them.[/quote2f975e9707]

Same here...i keep checking this thread to see what is being said, but i have not watched more than 10 minutes of this series so far. The Cavs need to at least make it interesting in order for me to watch...but i don't think that is going to happen.

MyungChunHa

12-06-2007 20:36:37

That was a hell of a game, but dammit LeBron, you need to be more aggressive

Now I need a 28 point effort ?

justinag06

12-06-2007 23:04:16

heh I will be quite satisfied with a cavs loss and a 28 point effort from lebron. I was really hoping he would've hit that three and forced an overtime though.

gmario

13-06-2007 02:49:12

stayed up all night partying )

Powerbook

13-06-2007 05:07:39

stupid cavs, they better at least win one game. Everyone will always remember them for being swept, i'm sure lebron wants that. (

MyungChunHa

13-06-2007 05:33:38

[quotecc897eafab="justinag06"]heh I will be quite satisfied with a cavs loss and a 28 point effort from lebron. I was really hoping he would've hit that three and forced an overtime though.[/quotecc897eafab]
I know that in order to really prove themselves they should have been up comfortably, but.....

That was a damn foul and this game should have went into OT, LeBron was lifting the ball off of the ground and was in the act of shooting, should have had three at the line and I feel like he would have nailed them

good2speed

13-06-2007 09:55:28

[quote0eae6904dd="MyungChunHa"]
That was a damn foul and this game should have went into OT, LeBron was lifting the ball off of the ground and was in the act of shooting, should have had three at the line and I feel like he would have nailed them[/quote0eae6904dd]

that was not a foul. Bowen is an angel and would never think of pushing Lebron while he went for a game tying 3. See what happened was Lebron caught the ball and Bowen, being the nice guy he is, tried to help Lebron get an open shot. Bowen must've felt Lebron was not effective going to his right and as a result he encouraged Lebron to go this left so that hed have a better chance of making that shot.

or as another user sees it

Bowen didnt foul, he was just giving a hug to James before the shot

heres a NBA link that makes no sense

http//www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=673102

zr2152

13-06-2007 14:35:04

that was a foul, most definately.

Im sad about my cavs though, its just so depressing for a cleveland fan (

justinag06

13-06-2007 15:11:22

oh don't cry over spilt milk. Your team blew it, in a huge game with a chance to stay in the series and on a night where duncan and ginobili have poor offensive nights they came up short.

Foul or no foul as Lebron said, it didn't prevent him from taking the shot. I would rather the refs never call fouls in situations like that then always call them.

zr2152

13-06-2007 16:25:39

[quotede3520c485="justinag06"]oh don't cry over spilt milk. Your team blew it, in a huge game with a chance to stay in the series and on a night where duncan and ginobili have poor offensive nights they came up short.

Foul or no foul as Lebron said, it didn't prevent him from taking the shot. I would rather the refs never call fouls in situations like that then always call them.[/quotede3520c485]

1. Im not crying
2. I agree that they blew it. They shouldnt have been in that situation in the first place.
3. Lebron needs to stop being a pussy and handing the ball to his teamates. This is the first time that I would have to say that he is being TOO UNSELFISH. I actually get sick watching the game sometimes.

ILoveToys

13-06-2007 16:59:16

The fact of the matter is that Cleveland is a 2nd rate team. Detroit played the worst they had the entire year, and Cleveland still was only squeaking out games (playing out of their mind no less).

That being said, it's no surprise that the Cavs are probably going to get swept, and I hate to say it, but I don't think they'll be back in this position next year. They just aren't that good, and both Miami and Detroit will be better next season.

Now you ask, how will Detroit be better. Well, I think Dumars is going to find a way to trade Rip and Nazr (or however you spell it) for 24. LOL...ok that's not going to happen b/c 24 won't come to a market like Detroit, but I can dream as a Pistons fan.

MyungChunHa

13-06-2007 16:59:56

[quotefdedc63805="zr2152"][quotefdedc63805="justinag06"]oh don't cry over spilt milk. Your team blew it, in a huge game with a chance to stay in the series and on a night where duncan and ginobili have poor offensive nights they came up short.

Foul or no foul as Lebron said, it didn't prevent him from taking the shot. I would rather the refs never call fouls in situations like that then always call them.[/quotefdedc63805]

1. Im not crying
2. I agree that they blew it. They shouldnt have been in that situation in the first place.
[bfdedc63805]3. Lebron needs to stop being a pussy and handing the ball to his teamates. This is the first time that I would have to say that he is being TOO UNSELFISH. I actually get sick watching the game sometimes.[/bfdedc63805][/quotefdedc63805]
Ya damn right!

He needs to do what he did at the end of the fourth on every play in the game, not the final play but the final few minutes he kept driving and driving, that brought the Cavs to within three from down ten...

BTW, LeBron, if possible should have gone straight up, the refs would not have had a choice to call a foul if he went straight into Bowen's arms, he kinda leaned away and I hope the coaching staff lets him know that going straight up is better than a fade-away any day

DRay9911

14-06-2007 17:51:25

i think when a team is down 0-3 in a best of 7, they shouldn't have all the fireworks when they are introducing their starting lineups.

-dan

zr2152

15-06-2007 03:59:48

[quote7b94de7d27="DRay9911"]i think when a team is down 0-3 in a best of 7, they shouldn't have all the fireworks when they are introducing their starting lineups.

-dan[/quote7b94de7d27]

I think you need to stop being such an ass and realize that its all about pride that one has in their team. I dont give a shit if they were down 0-8 in a best of 17 series.

Cavs deserved to lose and to tell you the truth, im glad they lost tonight because they deserved to get swept after the way they have been playing. The spurs have proved their dominance as another dynasty to go along with the lakers, bulls, celtics.

Now its about Lebron, Mike Brown, and Dan Gilbert.

Hughes needs to go. We need to go out and get a SOLID point guard. SOmeone who is going to give lebron help every game. It been all about lebron and"Oh who is going to step up this game?"

Im tired of watching a game waiting for someone else to step up, that is what we need, someone besides Lebron who we can count on. Now go out and get a veteran pt guard (besides Eric Snow).

Oh and Mike Brown needs to GO.

DRay9911

15-06-2007 09:28:36

i think you need to ask one of your parents to change your diaper. so your team lost, watch who you direct your frustration toward.

i would have said the same thing no matter who was down 0-3, it was slightly embarrassing to watch.

go drink another keystone

-dan

good2speed

15-06-2007 09:50:15

How you like that cap Myung/Justin. Lebron finished with 22 ppg. Vegas had him at 27.1 before the series started. Obviously Vegas is smarter then me and made a ton of money on that line as lebron never came close to 27.1.

[quotee6fb9067d5="MyungChunHa"]
At the level he's playing now, it's not too hard to see him achieve the level that Jordan was playing on, at least not to me....I don't think anyone will ever give him the respect though because Jordan is Jordan and nobody wants to give away the crown because of the mere mythology of it all...[/quotee6fb9067d5]

i think you can now understand why some of us refused to accept the Jordan comparison or even 'eclipse him' like you stated. I hope you also now understand this is more then Jordan mythology. lebron has a lot more to do before we start making the Mj comparison.

[quotee6fb9067d5="zr2152"]
It will shut up the fucking critics and make them know that when lebron wants to play, he will.[/quotee6fb9067d5]

Let me know when he wants to play lol

[quotee6fb9067d5="zr2152"]Its going to be interesting as to what you say about cleveland when/if the cavs beat the spurs.[/quotee6fb9067d5]

It will be interesting...

[quotee6fb9067d5="DRay9911"]i think when a team is down 0-3 in a best of 7, they shouldn't have all the fireworks when they are introducing their starting lineups.

-dan[/quotee6fb9067d5]

damn man Cle hasnt had a NBA finals ever and hasnt won a sports chamionship in over 40 years. Let them enjoy the time. You never know when it will happen again

[quotee6fb9067d5="zr2152"]
Now its about Lebron, Mike Brown, and Dan Gilbert.

Hughes needs to go. We need to go out and get a SOLID point guard. SOmeone who is going to give lebron help every game. It been all about lebron and"Oh who is going to step up this game?"

Im tired of watching a game waiting for someone else to step up, that is what we need, someone besides Lebron who we can count on. Now go out and get a veteran pt guard (besides Eric Snow).

Oh and Mike Brown needs to GO.[/quotee6fb9067d5]

Dan Gilbert?

And Lebron needs to grow up and get better. I recall two 4th qtr moments last night that will define this series for me.

1. Teammate passes to Lebron ends up not catching the pass but letting it bounce off his head for a turnover. They never showed a replay but the pass looked as if it hit Lebron in the nose. Looked like a good pass as well but Lebron 'Lechoked' and let it hit him in the face

2. Spurs turn the ball over and Lebron is at half court ready for a breakaway but loses the dribble and turns it over once again.

This game was actually close and Lebron played so bad people wonder what people were smoking when making the Mj comparisons

[quotee6fb9067d5="DRay9911"]i think you need to ask one of your parents to change your diaper. so your team lost, watch who you direct your frustration toward.

i would have said the same thing no matter who was down 0-3, it was slightly embarrassing to watch.

go drink another keystone

-dan[/quotee6fb9067d5]

easy no need for that. Hes a little upset his team lost no need to add salt to the wound.

MyungChunHa

15-06-2007 10:39:10

Go ahead and gloat good2speed, you were right about everything....for now....

Plus, I'm saying that he will eventually eclipse Jordan IMO, and that's still my opinion. He has a long way to go (longer than I thought), but I never once said he's Jordan now, far from it.

good2speed

15-06-2007 11:03:24

[quoteead70892fb="MyungChunHa"] I never once said he's Jordan now, far from it.[/quoteead70892fb]

you did say this though

[quoteead70892fb="MyungChunHa"]
The mere leadership in LeBron has me putting him side by side with MJ shock[/quoteead70892fb]

MyungChunHa

15-06-2007 12:35:44

[quote31425a1678="good2speed"][quote31425a1678="MyungChunHa"] I never once said he's Jordan now, far from it.[/quote31425a1678]

you did say this though

[quote31425a1678="MyungChunHa"]
The mere leadership in LeBron has me putting him side by side with MJ shock[/quote31425a1678][/quote31425a1678]
Yea, well.....screw you, let's not forget that he did manage to beat the entire East, and he did bring a last place team to the playoffs within a few years

justinag06

15-06-2007 16:14:52

That's true but every single team in the west playoffs could have beaten every team in the east playoffs this year.

Hunter_82

15-06-2007 17:10:12

[quote7c47903b20="justinag06"]That's true but every single team in the west playoffs could have beaten every team in the east playoffs this year.[/quote7c47903b20]

Now i don't know about that...do you really think the Lakers would have beaten the Pistons...i still think the Pistons were a better team than they showed against the Cavs for whatever reason. But for the most part you are right there....we all know the West is much better than the east. I can't help but feel however that the Pistons would have put up a much better fight against the Spurs. I personally feel a healthy D-Wade would have helped the Heat make another run as well....and i even feel like Chicago had a better team than the Cavs...i'm still trying to figure out how the Cavs ended up in the finals... Its too bad the real finals were ruined by Stern....(spurs/suns)