MAJOR SEARCHCACTUS PROBLEM!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5924

PodTopia

07-02-2005 19:19:11

SOOOOO many sites got screwed over today. I got a message from the admin at zens4free detailing the problem. SearchCactus has refused payment and shut down the accounts of dozens of free stuff. This means no payment for them, and no product for us. Gratis, OC, J&T Cooper, and Prizecube should be the only ones still open. What do we do??????

FreeOffersNow

07-02-2005 19:20:58

Heh...I knew there was a reason I didn't get involved with any of the smaller sites. Good luck guys.

PodTopia

07-02-2005 19:21:47

THIS IS HORRIBLE! I was approving on FreebieGifts, Offerprizes, freesonypsp4u, freeapple4u, freetech4you, and tons of others!

heatsp2

07-02-2005 19:30:49

[quote257eb03fad="PodTopia"]THIS IS HORRIBLE! I was approving on FreebieGifts, Offerprizes, freesonypsp4u, freeapple4u, freetech4you, and tons of others![/quote257eb03fad]
Yeah, i'm waiting for approval for freebie gifts, I hope I still get approved!!!

Lunarpancake

08-02-2005 00:16:39

anyone know the reason search cactus just bailed out on so many companies/sites?

FreeOffersNow

08-02-2005 00:30:28

I believe they states in their TOS that they wouldn't deal with the "freebie" sites, but I'm not sure. I never looked for myself, its just something I heard a while back.

amaivs

08-02-2005 19:35:34

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

if everything will be going down the ddrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinn, then atleast give me my photo ipod first P

carpediem

10-02-2005 20:47:50

so....anything new about this, or should people still be worried if they signed up. i noticed zens4free is up, but didn't really delve any further.

cdmanproductions

11-02-2005 01:27:27

search cactus lets incentive sites deal with them so wouldn't that include freebie sites.

l0th

11-02-2005 01:57:45

the problem is this these minor sites have put up no-cc offers to attract all these teenagers that somehow got it in their head that they deserved free stuff. They absolutely don't care about the offer they sign-up for (say a mortgage loan they're not even eligible for) and, of course, no one wants to pay for these fake sign-ups that are worth absolutely nothing.

These minor sites have been making a lot, if not most of their money on these fake sign-ups and very understandably this had to end.

Personally, I think it's a very good thing. That will get us read of all these sites that are run with no capital, no business skills, and no business plan. Once only the reliable companies (Gratis, OC, J&Tcooper) are left, maybe it will be easier to convince people to sign-up. For now, all these smaller websites give the whole business a bad name and people tend to be (rightly) cynical about all this and refuse to sign-up.

pookie

11-02-2005 07:05:50

I run get4friends.com and did not have any non-cc offers on my site, yet they still placed my account under review. So you're wrong p I don't understand why I've been placed under review and some other sites haven't when I've done basically the same thing.

phorty

11-02-2005 08:16:50

[quote40a51f4c27="l0th"][b40a51f4c27]the problem is this these minor sites have put up no-cc offers to attract all these teenagers that somehow got it in their head that they deserved free stuff[/b40a51f4c27]. They absolutely don't care about the offer they sign-up for (say a mortgage loan they're not even eligible for) and, of course, no one wants to pay for these fake sign-ups that are worth absolutely nothing.

[b40a51f4c27]These minor sites have been making a lot, if not most of their money on these fake sign-ups and very understandably this had to end. [/b40a51f4c27]
[b40a51f4c27]
Personally, I think it's a very good thing. That will get us read of all these sites that are run with no capital, no business skills, and no business plan. [/b40a51f4c27][/quote40a51f4c27]

Damn!
I guess im too late! lol lol lol

tcoop25

11-02-2005 08:47:26

The reason they put the sites under review was because they had very very high cancelation rates. Some sites had a 100% cancelation rate. You cannot blaim them for canceling the sites. If everyone cancels, what reason do the advertisers have for going through search cactus and similar affiliate management companies? They did it because the sites made the company look bad. It is not only Search Cactus, but other sites are hopping on board. Also, the sites had very bad fraud control. Many of the same people were signing up numerous times under the site under different names, but signing up for offers under the same name and canceling right away.

Tyler

pookie

11-02-2005 09:30:42

[quote869606492f="tcoop25"]The reason they put the sites under review was because they had very very high cancelation rates. Some sites had a 100% cancelation rate. You cannot blaim them for canceling the sites. If everyone cancels, what reason do the advertisers have for going through search cactus and similar affiliate management companies? They did it because the sites made the company look bad. It is not only Search Cactus, but other sites are hopping on board. Also, the sites had very bad fraud control. Many of the same people were signing up numerous times under the site under different names, but signing up for offers under the same name and canceling right away.

Tyler[/quote869606492f]

I'd agree, except my site was open for what, 4 days, before SC shut down on us. I really don't believe that 100% of my users cancelled within 4 days, especially when not everyone did offers on the first day.

adenosine

11-02-2005 09:31:12

[quote6f9340dfb8="l0th"]the problem is this these minor sites have put up no-cc offers to attract all these teenagers that somehow got it in their head that they deserved free stuff. They absolutely don't care about the offer they sign-up for (say a mortgage loan they're not even eligible for) and, of course, no one wants to pay for these fake sign-ups that are worth absolutely nothing.

These minor sites have been making a lot, if not most of their money on these fake sign-ups and very understandably this had to end.

Personally, I think it's a very good thing. That will get us read of all these sites that are run with no capital, no business skills, and no business plan. Once only the reliable companies (Gratis, OC, J&Tcooper) are left, maybe it will be easier to convince people to sign-up. For now, all these smaller websites give the whole business a bad name and people tend to be (rightly) cynical about all this and refuse to sign-up.[/quote6f9340dfb8]

My thoughts exactly. Sometimes I feel like I was the only one who actually gave any of these services a real chance; or gave any thought to only picking offers that I thought I'd maybe want.

l0th

11-02-2005 09:55:40

[quote3559b66252="pookie"][quote3559b66252="tcoop25"]The reason they put the sites under review was because they had very very high cancelation rates. Some sites had a 100% cancelation rate. You cannot blaim them for canceling the sites. If everyone cancels, what reason do the advertisers have for going through search cactus and similar affiliate management companies? They did it because the sites made the company look bad. It is not only Search Cactus, but other sites are hopping on board. Also, the sites had very bad fraud control. Many of the same people were signing up numerous times under the site under different names, but signing up for offers under the same name and canceling right away.

Tyler[/quote3559b66252]

I'd agree, except my site was open for what, 4 days, before SC shut down on us. I really don't believe that 100% of my users cancelled within 4 days, especially when not everyone did offers on the first day.[/quote3559b66252]

it doesn't matter that it was open for only 4 days. What matters to SC is that, from their--very understandable--point of view, your site is just like all the others of that category, that is, without capital and any serious control over fraudulent activity. Just give it a few days and your website would have necessarily transformed into one of these "cancelation machines". I think they're already too nice to review the accounts, I would just close all of them and prevent any new ones from being created for this kind of websites at this point.