That's NY for ya..

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58690

ldybug1752

03-04-2007 23:24:57

I just had to share my crazy experience. So I'm at WalliMart today to get some dog food, and this old lady comes up to me and asks me what my name is. She said she just had to know because I looked exactly like her deceased daughter, which is sad, but creepy, nonetheless. Anyways, she seemed like a really sweet lady, so I was talking with her for a few minutes, when she asked me the strangest question. She asked me if I would accompany her around the store while she did her shopping. I said okay, she was old, maybe she needed help. We're walking through the toys section to pick out something for her grandson (probly a little homosexual, due to us looking at the barbies..I didn't ask questions) and she calls me "Emma"..I quickly corrected her, where she, in turn, quickly corrected ME saying that's her late daughter's name and she would like to call me that if it was okay. Again, creeped out, but hey, good deeds usually don't go unnoticed, right? Whatever. I didn't catch her name and since she made one up for me, I called her Betty. She asked me to call her Mom. MOM?! This is going too far..but I had nothing better to do, and I agreed. We continue on and looked for a greeting card for her dead husband's birthday...Again, sad, but...eh. Moving on..to groceries. This is a long process, since she only moves about 1 step for every 3 I could take..Finally the cart is full and I was hoping I would be relieved of my duties to play house. Wrong. I had to help her unload the groceries and other various goods onto the check out counter. Almost everything gets bagged and she decided she wanted to call me Emma one more time, where I responded by calling her Mom...big mistake. She asked the bagboy to help her to her car with the groceries that were already bagged up, and asked me to find an associate to double check a couple prices..When I got back to the register the cashier was standing there looking at me, as if she was waiting for something...but what? Then it happened..."You're mother told me you'd be paying. You're a good daughter." I ran. Fast. I caught her in the parking lot and started screaming. "You SCAMMED[/colorc76d9b01e2] me?! Do you even have a dead daughter?! OR HUSBAND?!" I got in her face, old as she was, and of course, since it's how my luck goes, she fell. I guess she was afraid of me kicking her in the face because she grabbed my leg and started pulling on it..kind of like what I'm doing to you right now.. lol You know you like it.

FreeOffersNow

03-04-2007 23:30:11

HUGE lol if this is true.

ajasax

03-04-2007 23:41:05

I've heard this before...I think I saw it on the urban legends show on TLC.
http//www.snopes.com/embarrass/dupe/checkout.asp

ilanbg

03-04-2007 23:43:09

FON It says she's joking at the end of the post.

I read this years ago, quite old. And it's not like you'd be obligated to pay for her groceries anyway.

Tholek

03-04-2007 23:46:04

FON only read the cliffnotes. ;)

Wolfeman

03-04-2007 23:48:05

THATS AWESOME! Way to stand up to old folk!!!

tjwor

03-04-2007 23:48:12

[quotefd521050fc="ldybug1752"]I just had to share my crazy experience. So I'm at WalliMart today to get some dog food, and this old lady comes up to me and asks me what my name is. She said she just had to know because I looked exactly like her deceased daughter, which is sad, but creepy, nonetheless. Anyways, she seemed like a really sweet lady, so I was talking with her for a few minutes, when she asked me the strangest question. She asked me if I would accompany her around the store while she did her shopping. I said okay, she was old, maybe she needed help. We're walking through the toys section to pick out something for her grandson (probly a little homosexual, due to us looking at the barbies..I didn't ask questions) and she calls me "Emma"..I quickly corrected her, where she, in turn, quickly corrected ME saying that's her late daughter's name and she would like to call me that if it was okay. Again, creeped out, but hey, good deeds usually don't go unnoticed, right? Whatever. I didn't catch her name and since she made one up for me, I called her Betty. She asked me to call her Mom. MOM?! This is going too far..but I had nothing better to do, and I agreed. We continue on and looked for a greeting card for her dead husband's birthday...Again, sad, but...eh. Moving on..to groceries. This is a long process, since she only moves about 1 step for every 3 I could take..Finally the cart is full and I was hoping I would be relieved of my duties to play house. Wrong. I had to help her unload the groceries and other various goods onto the check out counter. Almost everything gets bagged and she decided she wanted to call me Emma one more time, where I responded by calling her Mom...big mistake. She asked the bagboy to help her to her car with the groceries that were already bagged up, and asked me to find an associate to double check a couple prices..When I got back to the register the cashier was standing there looking at me, as if she was waiting for something...but what? Then it happened..."You're mother told me you'd be paying. You're a good daughter." I ran. Fast. I caught her in the parking lot and started screaming. "You SCAMMED[/colorfd521050fc] me?! Do you even have a dead daughter?! OR HUSBAND?!" I got in her face, old as she was, and of course, since it's how my luck goes, she fell. I guess she was afraid of me kicking her in the face because [bfd521050fc]she grabbed my leg and started pulling on it..kind of like what I'm doing to you right now..[/bfd521050fc] lol You know you like it.[/quotefd521050fc]

[quotefd521050fc="FreeOffersNow"]HUGE lol if this is true.[/quotefd521050fc]

roll She got you twice ;)

FreeOffersNow

04-04-2007 10:24:26

lol..i stopped reading at "my leg and started pulling on it..."

gimme a break, i was tired (

jy3

04-04-2007 10:49:24

[quote4744366482="FreeOffersNow"]HUGE lol if this is true.[/quote4744366482]

LOL is right
and i cannot help but think that ur avatar is amusing shock

gimme_m0e

04-04-2007 10:55:16

she got me too!!!... until i read further down the thread... oops

bballp6699

04-04-2007 11:23:37

[quote3262ae7d2f="Wolfeman"]THATS AWESOME! Way to stand up to old folk!!![/quote3262ae7d2f]

Seriously some lazy readers here.

manOFice

04-04-2007 11:33:55

hahaha, I laughed.

stueybaby17

04-04-2007 11:37:03

[quoted1920f02db="bballp6699"][quoted1920f02db="Wolfeman"]THATS AWESOME! Way to stand up to old folk!!![/quoted1920f02db]

Seriously some lazy readers here.[/quoted1920f02db]

I read it I just got confused and didn't understand what was going on in the last sentence because it couldn't figure it out.

[quoted1920f02db="ldybug1752"] kind of like what I'm doing to you right now.. You know you like it. [/quoted1920f02db]

Tsmith10803

04-04-2007 12:02:57

I knew it was a lie when I read the part about New York and Wal Mart...where the hell are there any wal marts left up here lol

ldybug1752

04-04-2007 12:19:11

[quote54a45aa927="Tsmith10803"]I knew it was a lie when I read the part about New York and Wal Mart...where the hell are there any wal marts left up here lol[/quote54a45aa927]

lol Upstate ;)

manOFice

04-04-2007 13:30:39

I'm from ny and there were walmarts everywhere......

Tholek

04-04-2007 13:31:39

Not anywhere near the city though.

CougarKid

04-04-2007 13:42:08

Thank you, I needed a good laugh while at work. )

ldybug1752

04-04-2007 13:52:37

[quote63cfa9f022="CougarKid"]Thank you, I needed a good laugh while at work. )[/quote63cfa9f022]

You bet! wink

FreeOffersNow

04-04-2007 14:59:37

[quote1ce5dff6a7="jy3"][quote1ce5dff6a7="FreeOffersNow"]HUGE lol if this is true.[/quote1ce5dff6a7]

LOL is right
and i cannot help but think that ur avatar is amusing shock[/quote1ce5dff6a7]

there was a joke behind it...and i should probably take it down one of these days....but really it just comes down to the fact that i have little desire to do something with such a low time/reward ratio.

Jenncherry99

05-04-2007 08:16:50

[quote4700db8434="ldybug1752"]I just had to share my crazy experience. So I'm at WalliMart today to get some dog food, and this old lady comes up to me and asks me what my name is. She said she just had to know because I looked exactly like her deceased daughter, which is sad, but creepy, nonetheless. Anyways, she seemed like a really sweet lady, so I was talking with her for a few minutes, when she asked me the strangest question. She asked me if I would accompany her around the store while she did her shopping. I said okay, she was old, maybe she needed help. We're walking through the toys section to pick out something for her grandson (probly a little homosexual, due to us looking at the barbies..I didn't ask questions) and she calls me "Emma"..I quickly corrected her, where she, in turn, quickly corrected ME saying that's her late daughter's name and she would like to call me that if it was okay. Again, creeped out, but hey, good deeds usually don't go unnoticed, right? Whatever. I didn't catch her name and since she made one up for me, I called her Betty. She asked me to call her Mom. MOM?! This is going too far..but I had nothing better to do, and I agreed. We continue on and looked for a greeting card for her dead husband's birthday...Again, sad, but...eh. Moving on..to groceries. This is a long process, since she only moves about 1 step for every 3 I could take..Finally the cart is full and I was hoping I would be relieved of my duties to play house. Wrong. I had to help her unload the groceries and other various goods onto the check out counter. Almost everything gets bagged and she decided she wanted to call me Emma one more time, where I responded by calling her Mom...big mistake. She asked the bagboy to help her to her car with the groceries that were already bagged up, and asked me to find an associate to double check a couple prices..When I got back to the register the cashier was standing there looking at me, as if she was waiting for something...but what? Then it happened..."You're mother told me you'd be paying. You're a good daughter." I ran. Fast. I caught her in the parking lot and started screaming. "You SCAMMED[/color4700db8434] me?! Do you even have a dead daughter?! OR HUSBAND?!" I got in her face, old as she was, and of course, since it's how my luck goes, she fell. I guess she was afraid of me kicking her in the face because she grabbed my leg and started pulling on it..kind of like what I'm doing to you right now.. lol You know you like it.[/quote4700db8434]

I really read that WHOLE thing and felt really bad for you...until the end! HAHAHAHA, that is sooo funny!

crys27

06-04-2007 14:35:51

OMG...u had me on that. Funny story.

lol

unknown uchiha

06-04-2007 17:13:59

Whoa I heard this one back in like sixth grade o.o

givmea1032

06-04-2007 17:27:44

Can I get that 30 seconds of my life back?

manOFice

06-04-2007 18:10:44

[quote519e8c5ccf="givmea1032"]Can I get that 30 seconds of my life back?[/quote519e8c5ccf]

roll

ldybug1752

06-04-2007 18:37:53

[quote90ac0cb97b="givmea1032"]Can I get that 30 seconds of my life back?[/quote90ac0cb97b]

Sure, for an additional 30 seconds ;)

YourGiftsFree

06-04-2007 19:24:26

Haha, good one. You got me! lol