Anybody live around Vera/Melbourne, Florida?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58682

TriforceXHacks

03-04-2007 20:39:07

I am thinking of moving here in September. I love this place! Anybody know of any hot spots or anything fun? (Please don't say Disney World or Universal Studios) =)

Just curious.

Zanpaktou

03-04-2007 20:43:30

where the hell si that? what part of fl?

moneymoneynow

03-04-2007 20:47:01

Used to live in Cocoa Beach and Merritt Island

Zanpaktou

03-04-2007 20:53:06

well, I'm too lazy to wait for an answer... so I live in Miami and will be heading up to Tallahassee come august for school..

TriforceXHacks

03-04-2007 21:06:35

Vera is about 4 hours north of miami

Chris

03-04-2007 21:47:06

I live in Parkland, FL. We have a house in old town tampa, and it's just awesome up there. So calm and serene.

I've been to Melbourne a couple of times, it's very pretty. You should consider coming down to the Parkland/Boca raton area, very nice as well.

moneymoneynow

03-04-2007 21:49:42

Vera or Viera?

Chris

03-04-2007 21:51:16

[quotecc8d0fcf46="moneymoneynow"]Vera or Viera?[/quotecc8d0fcf46]

or Vero Beach wink

booklover1104

04-04-2007 06:01:19

Where are you moving from? Keep in mind that you came down here in MARCH...best month of the year with the exception of November. Floridians suffer through May-October just for weather like it is NOW.

And what kind of area are you looking for? City-life? College town? Beach area?

For beaches, Melbourne is nice but I've always preferred the west coast...Sarasota, Treasure Island, St. Pete

For colleges, Gainesville is your biggest all-out college town (UF), but Maimi and FSU have that too...USF isn't bad either

For city life, Tampa has to be the best IMO...lots of history, funky places to eat/party/play, beautiful skylines

And I've heard that Calif has some really great sunsets, but Florida is the only place I've been that I've been able to start out on the east coast to watch a gorgeous sunrise, then drive over to the west coast to catch a breathtaking sunset.

All that being said...the summers here are atrocious, the housing market sucks, homeowners insurance is an ass-rape, hurricanes blow (really hard) and there are bugs here that are the size of small animals up north...of course, the deer here are the size of small dogs up north, so maybe it all evens out...

scream12342

04-04-2007 06:40:59

Why would you not wanna live near the mouse? I love the mouse and Universal Orlando. My home away from home )

gmario

04-04-2007 06:56:37

[quotec1ca66db93="Chris"]I live in Parkland, FL. We have a house in old town tampa, and it's just awesome up there. So calm and serene.

I've been to Melbourne a couple of times, it's very pretty. You should consider coming down to the Parkland/Boca raton area, very nice as well.[/quotec1ca66db93]

shit your supper close to me oops

egyptianruin

04-04-2007 06:57:14

[quote681cea7474="scream12342"]Why would you not wanna live near the mouse? I love the mouse and Universal Orlando. My home away from home )[/quote681cea7474]

Ive never even been there before. Im so underprivledged cry

Chris

04-04-2007 08:25:57

[quoteb495384dfb="gmario"][quoteb495384dfb="Chris"]I live in Parkland, FL. We have a house in old town tampa, and it's just awesome up there. So calm and serene.

I've been to Melbourne a couple of times, it's very pretty. You should consider coming down to the Parkland/Boca raton area, very nice as well.[/quoteb495384dfb]

shit your supper close to me oops[/quoteb495384dfb]

Where are you located? You know YGF lives close to me aswell.. roll

topbillin1

04-04-2007 09:13:18

I think YGF lives close to me as well as Mike from Traxio... I'm in Pembroke Pines (West Ft Lauderdale)

I think Florida sucks and whoever said the negatives about the housing as well as insurance is very much on point. Home insurance for a decent sized house will run you close to $4000.00 per year maybe more...

Housing is crazy as well....

This place is catching alot of heat now from upset home owners becuase of the high COL as well as low job wages... I would come for school, then leave since I don't think this place is good at all....

Melbourne is boring as hell and Tampa is very, very old... Basically, as long as you have a shit load of illegal immigrants (latinos and hatians) you can expect so low ass wages....

In other news, alot of buyers of new condos have broken their agreement and received a refund, developers are pissed but these people are pretty fucking smart since these condos (1 and 2 bedroom) are reaching over $300,000....

Come for school, graduate then take off, you'll be much better off....

By the way, Florida is last in high school graduates and is close to 40th in terms of overall education so good luck with that.

As you see, I really fucking hate this state, can't wait to get my certifications, then I go bye bye to Texas (Dallas).

booklover1104

04-04-2007 10:03:36

Florida is becoming more and more so a rich man's state. The very poor are on welfare and couldn't move if they wanted, but it's from this class that the tourists' traps are run, so they are necessary. The wealthy are paying a premium for a beachfront lifestyle and are able to afford the high COL because they aren't the ones making min wage (or barely over). It's the middle class that are really suffering (like everwhere, I suppose) with the sudden increase in property values/taxes/ins premiums.

The "Snowbirds" are truly the smart ones. They have a nice house somewhere "up north" and they buy a small manuf. home in a retirement park down here. They enjoy the awesome winters down here from Oct-April, then spend the mild summers up there from May-Sept while the rest of us roast in Hell...i mean, florida.

liSighli I want to be a snowbird when I grow up...

gmario

04-04-2007 10:06:32

[quotebb6900164f="Chris"][quotebb6900164f="gmario"][quotebb6900164f="Chris"]I live in Parkland, FL. We have a house in old town tampa, and it's just awesome up there. So calm and serene.

I've been to Melbourne a couple of times, it's very pretty. You should consider coming down to the Parkland/Boca raton area, very nice as well.[/quotebb6900164f]

shit your supper close to me oops[/quotebb6900164f]

Where are you located? You know YGF lives close to me aswell.. roll[/quotebb6900164f]

YGF lives close to you lol shit then he must be closer to me i bet you Parth would be happy if he lived where i live i stay in Coral Springs 8) Did you go to Douglas by any chance? cuz i hooked up wih a few girls from there D

Chris

04-04-2007 10:12:50

I went to Douglas my freshman year, Coral Springs High soph, junior, and senior year..

Coral Springs? Heh, we are practically neighbors!

gmario

04-04-2007 10:20:06

When did you graduate? I fought some softy from CSH my sophmore year 8) They can't touch them JPT boys lol

Chris

04-04-2007 10:33:11

Heh JPT... lol lol Where abouts of Coral Springs are you in?