Freeipodguide forums vs gearlive forums

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=582

BD

23-09-2004 14:38:59

First, I want to say that, as much as I have appreciated the gearlive forums, it is simply ridiculous to have a thread 400-500 pages long! Worse yet, if you try to do a search for a topic, it simply links you back to the first page of the thread, not to the specific page on which your term appears -- thus being worthless. The structure here is much better IMHO.

Second, I love getting free stuff. And as I wait (6 weeks and counting) for my stuff to arrive, I have been obsessed with reading about getting free stuff. Are there any other good freeipod forums besides this one and gearlive?

DjMaSt3r

23-09-2004 14:50:00

I know of another good one... www.freeipodscommunity.com , but please also stay in this forum because I don't want to get banned for giving people other forums to go to.

Admin

23-09-2004 16:52:16

Thank you for the compliment. I'm always looking to improve around here, so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know...

doylnea

23-09-2004 20:40:09

at the risk of getting banned my own site is a decent place to get info and sign up into Congas. Yes it's my forum, and I'm self-promoting. PM if you're interested.

No doubt though, there is a lot more activity here, and that's why I'm reading and posting here as well.

da

23-09-2004 23:05:57

This forum has hit its stride nicely. Idiots are jumped on appropriately, and dealt with swiftly. Valid questions are answered, and the karma system is a nice idea for those who care about it.

Gearlive is nice, but god damn, the threads are huge. They also seem to be another forum suffering from huge-sigged-users.

Relik

24-09-2004 18:27:49

I agree, I went to the gear live forums once, and I won't go back, but I visit this forum at least every 15 minutes D lol

=relik

rich3929

30-09-2004 17:34:29

I like the forums of the site in my signature. Shameless promotion because I'm in their conga.