Future of freebie trading?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58157

Excel

29-03-2007 12:58:43

In December - January of 2006 - 2007, Project Payday brought a huge influx of new users into the market with their guide on freebie trading and freebie websites. For the veterans, this was great. It brought in a lot of new people to get referrals from - some even took excessive advantage of them, paying as little as $10-$15 per ref.

Now, these new members have become veterans themselves, some gaining TR at record speeds. Unfortunately, the market is now over populated by people looking to buy referrals. Its very hard to find new members, and new members are being flooded with all kinds of offers, which can actually turn them away!

What do you think will happen to freebie trading? Will people just get fed up with looking for referrals and quit? Will everyone just try to ride it ou, hoping for that to happen? Is it possible to get another huge mass of new members in?

Also, what do you think is the best way to get referrals now? Offering high payouts? Paying on green? Offering site for site trades? Advertising your referral link on blogs/forum signatures(where permitted)?

Just wanted to see what you guys thought, I'll add my own thoughts in a bit?

DIABLO

29-03-2007 13:00:33

All of the good offers will leave because of frauders, then we will be stuck with the bad offers that have hidden charges or the ones that cost $100 and are only a half credit.

Kidd

29-03-2007 13:02:40

very true back in the day you could do an offer for 1 bucks or 5.95 and it would be full credit now its 1/2 credit its only gonna be harder

Excel

29-03-2007 13:15:14

I was looking for more thoughts about trading on forums and what not, rather then freebie websites in general.

manOFice

29-03-2007 13:17:33

I've given up getting referrals...it's impossible. Strictly DIY/POINTS sites now basically.

Kidd

29-03-2007 13:19:01

diy sites are the only way to go now really.

im gonna finish off these giftmonster sites though

Excel

29-03-2007 13:28:43

[quoted2301f7385="O4F-Manofice"]I've given up getting referrals...it's impossible. Strictly DIY/POINTS sites now basically.[/quoted2301f7385]

Agreed... Thats why I'm trying other venues to get referrals now. Looking in to making a blog/advertising it like MKDA's famous 'Green Machine' now. I just submitted it to various search engines and link exchanges last night. Hopefully that will see some results.

topbillin1

29-03-2007 13:49:09

Don't see much future in online trading or paying for refs, too many frauders or scammers and not enough legit people actually doing offers....

I want to finish up a couple more sites then quit trading for greens and just become a regular lounger and gossip....

The new offers are sorry compared to the old offers and I think online trading is pretty close to dead. Scammers and frauders are just making the legit offers go bye-bye forever.

DRay9911

29-03-2007 16:44:59

i've said this a few times over the years...

referral sites were designed in the 'get a friend' to sign up, not pay/trade for referrals.

there's nothing wrong with referral sites as long as

1) you have a base of friends or people who will help you out
2) you are patient (not looking to finish every site in a month)

I have a couple of personal pages that get hits (nothing really over the top) and i pick up referrals at a turtle's pace (up to 4/month). i can finish a 12 referral site in about 3 months.

-dan

toiletpaper55

29-03-2007 16:48:18

man, this was the wrong time to come back. havent really worked on anything in over a year, jsut been chillin in this offtopic forum. i noticed that there are so many newbs but they all want to be paid on green yet im scared to be scammed. if only i came back a little earlier. at least greens went down from like 30 to like low 20's.

Skimboarder

29-03-2007 17:31:29

Yeah I came back in early December and noticed that prices paying for a referral were down too. Unfortunately I have to agree that Freebie sites' futures are looking bleak. I am just very patient now and only get new people who will allow payment on approval. Much slower, but still gets the job done and gives me something to do after school and in my free time minus soccer, girlfriend, and chillin.

Tholek

30-03-2007 02:32:04

[quote057e7a92da="DRay9911"]i've said this a few times over the years...

referral sites were designed in the 'get a friend' to sign up, not pay/trade for referrals.

there's nothing wrong with referral sites as long as

1) you have a base of friends or people who will help you out
2) you are patient (not looking to finish every site in a month)

I have a couple of personal pages that get hits (nothing really over the top) and i pick up referrals at a turtle's pace (up to 4/month). i can finish a 12 referral site in about 3 months.

-dan[/quote057e7a92da]

Exactly. Trading may be worth it for some, but this is the backbone of site completions. Those with sites that get decent traffic are really missing out by not adding a link or banner for a ref site. (Forget about being paid for it)