Does anyone else miss freepay?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57938

nytrate

27-03-2007 05:50:47

and their amazing payout ratios?

Sure, they got a lot of crap for being shady in the past year...but lets look at the freebie scene. Now almost every site, since they are directed at the freebie scene, has high requirements and this fact is hidden by the fact that almost all of them have partial credit offers.

So basically more than TWICE the amount of offers are being done for the same pay outs. Is it really worth that because of an instant payout? Hell no. Patience is a virtue.

Personally I only ever finished freepay ipods and giftcards. By the time I got to other sites they had their new rules in place.

I guess Trainn is still amazing. Last of a dying breed?

I think the whole reason is because Freepay advertised heavily, relying on random internet schmoes completing (or more likely, not completing) their sites. Which allowed us freebiers to reap the rewards. Now most of these smaller sites (and there are so so many popping up everyday) pander to the freebie community and thus don't have the benefit of a larger pool of customers.

I miss doing 1 offer and being done with it. I'm sure others do too.

The worst thing is, the price per ref hasn't changed! Twice the work/cost for the same pay!

Ok I'll end my ramble. Thoughts?

manOFice

27-03-2007 06:16:37

I agree with you. I miss the good old gratis/freepay. I completed their games site and got an xbox, their handbag site for a burberry handbag, their shuffle site for an ipod shuffle....by far the fastest completion of sites pretty much I've done in the past. You used to be able to complete one $1 dollar trial and be green....

bruman

27-03-2007 06:19:46

You still can complete one free offer and go green on freepay.

It's just the independent sites, created by the average joe and not some corporation like freepay that has instilled higher requirements for offers.

gmario

27-03-2007 07:59:57

What's that?

theysayjump

27-03-2007 09:51:50

[quote162d7c20e3="gmario"]What's that?[/quote162d7c20e3]

Those would be words, gmario.

topbillin1

27-03-2007 09:52:27

I agree...

I miss the old freepay myself, I miss the 1 dollar free trial full credit and the fast shipping and approval times... Trainn is the closest thing right now to freepay. I will admit that I don't like most these sites with the 2 offer for 1 credit crap or maybe even 3 or 4... The whole freebie scene in my eyes currently suck and isn't worth the hassle...

but we have to admit that Freepay, much like OC changed due to fraud, people where abusing the offers too much and freepay lost alone of money. Freepay most likely doesn't get anywhere near 50 per completion so I bet they took a pretty big hit when they had to send out a gift....

These new sites with these multiple offers for 1 credit pretty much make enough money even when they send a gift and don't take much of a loss, I think these new sites are built for expert users with them still making a profit even when a gift is shipped, which is the reason why so many sites have opened up...

I don't think it's worth it personally anymore, scammers, multiple offers...etc..etc but I'll stick around just to see how everything goes.

egyptianruin

27-03-2007 10:05:06

[quotef9f45a8e28="theysayjump"][quotef9f45a8e28="gmario"]What's that?[/quotef9f45a8e28]

Those would be words, gmario.[/quotef9f45a8e28]

lol +kma

Iloveipods2

27-03-2007 10:14:43

yeah, Freepay Jake, if you're still roaming around here. You are greatly missed. anyone remember who was the guy before Jake? yeah almost all my gifts that I've gotten are from freepay.

EatChex89

27-03-2007 10:51:32

[quote0e1c5c5650="Iloveipods2"]yeah, Freepay Jake, if you're still roaming around here. You are greatly missed. anyone remember who was the guy before Jake? yeah almost all my gifts that I've gotten are from freepay.[/quote0e1c5c5650]

Harry was before Jake

manOFice

27-03-2007 11:06:47

[quotea5224099f7="EatChex89"][quotea5224099f7="Iloveipods2"]yeah, Freepay Jake, if you're still roaming around here. You are greatly missed. anyone remember who was the guy before Jake? yeah almost all my gifts that I've gotten are from freepay.[/quotea5224099f7]

Harry was before Jake[/quotea5224099f7]

Heh, that must have been before my time. It would be cool if a freepay agent came on here to help everyone out, and announced they have a bunch more offers, no 90 day limit and better support and better shipping times..

gmario

27-03-2007 11:15:30

oops I just never seen a freepay site

manOFice

27-03-2007 11:24:21

[quote5dfe241d98="gmario"]oops I just never seen a freepay site[/quote5dfe241d98]

www.freeipods.com

gmario

27-03-2007 11:29:02

Oh damn too bad im not to much of an ipod fan ( (Zune all the way baby)

Crymson

27-03-2007 11:31:43

I've gotten my psp, xbox360, and my tv from freepay before they went bad, and my ipod after they went bad (6 months of waiting)...

Nothing was better, and easier, than getting those 3 things from freepay, and I miss that so much. Trainn is close to the way freepay was, but the biggest difference in Trainn is not only the number of offers needed, but the quality of offers as well.

It seems to me that old freepay not only had generally easier offers to do, but had offers that people actually wanted. Most of my refs for trainn sign up, and dont see anything they want, OR worse, buy one 1/2 credit offer, then wait and wonder why they didn't get credit.

manOFice

27-03-2007 11:36:24

[quotec139ada93e="Crymson"]I've gotten my psp, xbox360, and my tv from freepay before they went bad, and my iPod after they went bad (6 months of waiting)...

Nothing was better, and easier, than getting those 3 things from freepay, and I miss that so much. Trainn is close to the way freepay was, but the biggest difference in Trainn is not only the number of offers needed, but the quality of offers as well.

It seems to me that old freepay not only had generally easier offers to do, but had offers that people actually wanted. Most of my refs for trainn sign up, and dont see anything they want, OR worse, buy one 1/2 credit offer, then wait and wonder why they didn't get credit.[/quotec139ada93e]

I would kinda have to agree with that. Remember Real Rhapsody? That offer rocked

pkwhite62

27-03-2007 11:44:53

I've done two freepay sites recently and the offers were quick to credit and cheap, the most I spent was $4.99, but I did have a problem with the person I did the sites for not paying me for greening x

x323smostwantedx

27-03-2007 12:24:32

I miss Gratis (

tylerc

27-03-2007 13:39:10

I did their iPod, flat scren, iPod Shuffle, PSP, and laptop site before they went bad. Maybe others too.

dupebag

27-03-2007 14:58:23

I wish i was around for the good times (
now it seems like i cant even get 1 ref
everybody is paying for a ref..not trading or anything

Excel

27-03-2007 15:28:26

Unfortunately I came around in like Jan 2006, so I never really got to enjoy the FP era. I did signed up at a few FP sites but I never got to complete one. I wish I had been around earlier, freebie sites are getting rediculous now. You used to be able to get refs for $15 a pop and get a $50 return, now your lucky if you can get a ref for $25 an you only get a $40 return.

Someone should make a forum with price caps in trading, but I guess as long as other forums didn't implement that, people would go to one forum to get the best offer for their green and then the other once they needed referrals =S.

I also hate how no one trades anymore. I think FiPG should make a Ref/Ref forum and a Ref/Cash forum, just because its hard to even find trades amongst the massive amount of cash offers. Alot of freebie sites are making it worse to by doing that "free green" promotion or the ability to get 1 more ref instead of doing an offer.

Zanpaktou

27-03-2007 16:20:20

I came around the freebie scene in late 2005 when freepay was still thriving, but their CS was beginning to die. I do remember Jake. I remember the day they announced the new policy. Blah. I never completed a FP site though, but their ads were definitely the reason why I joined. I must say I love Trainn though, been paid on atleast 4 of their sites, possibly more, I cant remember at the moment.

I do know I cam when the price of refs began to rise.... I remember them at about 15-18..... then a couple weeks later, it was 20.... a month or two passed... 25 was the norm...

The freebie scene needs a revamp, its that simple

shortys408

27-03-2007 17:01:52

finished every freepay site ever released. good times. Everytime they launched a site it felt like my birthday.

Twon

27-03-2007 17:11:30

I got my 30 gig ipod from ipods.freepay. That was actually the only completely free site I have ever completed. Free trail offer and green. I didn't have to pay one person or trade for any green. Just advertised in online classifieds. It doesn't work anymore.

Tholek

27-03-2007 17:36:37

I still have an unread PM to Harry in my outbox. )

The time limit killed Gratis for me. Even when they fucked up my laptop, I felt they might still be worth doing but for that.

topbillin1

27-03-2007 17:53:50

Sent in form on February 8th, still waiting for approval as of today....