Planet Earth

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57724

hehehhehe

24-03-2007 23:15:51

I know they've been advertising the shit out of this documentary-mini-series but if you're watching TV Sunday night make sure to watch this on Discovery Channel at 8pm EST. I have the original BBC broadcast version of this in HD and caught some of the scenes already and it is absolutely amazing. You might think, WTF a lame ass nature documentary but seriously, some of the scenes are better (as in wow) than the CGI crap you see in modern films.

It might also convince some of you to care more for the environment...

Home page[=http//dsc.discovery.com/convergence/planet-earth/planet-earth.html?dcitc=w99-502-ah-1017]Home page

ajasax

24-03-2007 23:25:43

Yup. Seen the commercials on DSC for it. It looks kick ass. Definitely look forward to it. Since I don't have DSC HD, I'll wait for the torrent to come out wink

EatChex89

24-03-2007 23:42:38

can someone record and burn it to a dvd for me?

theysayjump

24-03-2007 23:46:50

HOLY SHIT!

That seriously looks unreal. Also seems as if it's been shot to appear like a movie.

The BBC really do excel in documentary making. It's just a shame that whenever they (Walking With Dinosaurs, The Blue Planet, Planet Earth etc) come over here, they don't get as much credit or recognition as the channels sponsors do. (

Darkside

25-03-2007 05:07:21

[quoteeec536174a="theysayjump"]HOLY SHIT!

That seriously looks unreal. Also seems as if it's been shot to appear like a movie.

The BBC really do excel in documentary making. It's just a shame that whenever they (Walking With Dinosaurs, The Blue Planet, Planet Earth etc) come over here, they don't get as much credit or recognition as the channels sponsors do. ([/quoteeec536174a]

My guess is they get a hefty royalty for not recieving credit.

cwncool

25-03-2007 06:58:10

Loooks SWEET. I saw the previews at the theater the other day. Better set up the DVR to record it.

Zanpaktou

25-03-2007 09:07:26

I already have the DVR set to record it in HD... I've had it set since Wednesday.. I am able to watch one or two parts On Demand (comcast ftw), but I ended up watchign some other docu's yesterday since I wanted to watch them all at once... This is gonna take up like half the space on my DVR, but itll be worth it!

hehehhehe

25-03-2007 15:22:38

[quote6d4aaad5de="theysayjump"]HOLY SHIT!

The BBC really do excel in documentary making. It's just a shame that whenever they (Walking With Dinosaurs, The Blue Planet, Planet Earth etc) come over here, they don't get as much credit or recognition as the channels sponsors do. ([/quote6d4aaad5de]
Yeah, I didn't even know it was BBC until I went about grabbing it. David Attenborough narrated the original BBC version, but for the US version, they had Signourey Weaver do it shrug.

Chex, you should be able to grab it online as it gets broadcast.

theysayjump

25-03-2007 20:11:06

Yeah I was hoping they'd keep Attenborough's narration. He's probably the most respected and recognisable naturalists in the world.

I'm plumping for the BBC version over this, but either way, it'll still kickass.

johnjimjones

25-03-2007 21:05:19

Incredible show, two words, vampire squid.

petieroman

25-03-2007 23:10:17

Looks like a good show, I will have to catch it next time.

ldybug1752

26-03-2007 02:47:49

[quote7767e1c482="johnjimjones"]Incredible show, two words, vampire squid.[/quote7767e1c482]

lol agreed. oh, and you get +Karma for recognizing how awesome that was. )

cyberpunk243

26-03-2007 07:14:35

Yeah, I watched it last night and it was awesome! Ever since I started watching things in HD, that is always the first place I look as far as for something to watch on TV. HD spoiled me so I usually end up watching Discovery HD or any exhibition game.

JennyWren

26-03-2007 09:53:04

[quote41fce2ee52="theysayjump"]HOLY SHIT!

The BBC really do excel in documentary making. It's just a shame that whenever they (Walking With Dinosaurs, The Blue Planet, Planet Earth etc) come over here, they don't get as much credit or recognition as the channels sponsors do. ([/quote41fce2ee52]

Yeah, Blue Planet is wicked-ass. I've watched it so many times.