~~~ Travel Places ~~~

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57681

condra

24-03-2007 12:03:25

Ok, folks D

I am finishing college this year and taking a year off, going to visit my uncle in singapore for a month or 2, then heading to Romania (home country), then going to Ireland (with a working visa) and then to England.

Basically.

Now, i'll have time in 1 yr to visit many places, so anyone has any suggestions? It doesn't have to be Europe, can be any place (even US lol ), but I am sure you have some great spots you wanna share

so? 8)

bruman

24-03-2007 12:16:33

I've always wanted to go to seychelles

TFOAF

24-03-2007 12:20:32

New York City!

Paris.

condra

24-03-2007 12:23:23

I have been to Paris, probably will go again ) yeah NY surely, when I come back lol

Skimboarder

24-03-2007 12:27:27

I'd cruise around Germany a bit, maybe take in a soccer game or two. -)

Wolfeman

24-03-2007 13:04:34

My buddy just got back from Cambodia and he really liked it...

bballp6699

24-03-2007 18:16:24

I've never left the country and I've never been west of Ohio. (

Kidd

24-03-2007 18:40:53

go to portugal and spain

nytrate

24-03-2007 18:53:26

[quote1f8ad70e81="bballp6699"]I've never left the country and I've never been west of Ohio. ([/quote1f8ad70e81]

well why not? do it!!!!!

To answer your question, go to Australia. I loved it there. I've been to a lot of the limajorli cities/hubs in the world (Paris, Tokyo, London, Sydney, NYC are the ones that come to mind as the "biggies") and Sydney is by FAR my favorite.

I'm traveling through europe soon... amsterdam>hamburg>berlin>dresden>vienna>prague>other parts of bohemia>budapest. I'd love to go to Moscow from there but I doubt I can swing it.

bballp6699

24-03-2007 18:56:03

Someones got money.

nytrate

24-03-2007 19:08:28

no, not really.

I come from a poor family, I just work my ass off.

I hate when people say that. Just because I've traveled the world does not mean I have money. It just means that my priorities lie in different places as far as what I spend the money I earn on. That's all.

I worked in Australia when I ran out of money. I've stayed in hostels for free around the world in exchange for a few hours a week of desk work or laundry. I've eaten meals of free white bread and beans at shelters in scummy parts of Sydney.

So yea....someones got money huh? I guess it's a good excuse for yourself, but uhhh....yea. I grew up in a poor working class philly neighborhood. Nice try though.

?

condra

24-03-2007 19:11:35

that's ok guys...

yeah, that's what I plan on doing --- working in Ireland and Britain, and travel around... ) good thing europe is close, but i will definitely go to Australia when I have the chance D

bballp6699

24-03-2007 19:16:23

[quote054d1353dc="nytrate"]no, not really.

I come from a poor family, I just work my ass off.

I hate when people say that. Just because I've traveled the world does not mean I have money. It just means that my priorities lie in different places as far as what I spend the money I earn on. That's all.

I worked in Australia when I ran out of money. I've stayed in hostels for free around the world in exchange for a few hours a week of desk work or laundry. I've eaten meals of free white bread and beans at shelters in scummy parts of Sydney.

So yea....someones got money huh? I guess it's a good excuse for yourself, but uhhh....yea. I grew up in a poor working class philly neighborhood. Nice try though.

?[/quote054d1353dc]

Ok, I was definitely just kidding, so um...

http//www.babyrockapparel.com/sitebuilder/images/DramaQueen2TeeLogo_LO-273x296.jpg[" alt=""/img054d1353dc]

Seriously....

nytrate

24-03-2007 19:21:02

funny thing is, that's not the first time someone has said that to me.

I once was telling someone a story about traveling from Germany to Switzerland and they made a comment like "must be nice to be a spoiled rich bitch".

It made me mad but I just laughed. In actuality the person who said that to me was some suburban kid who drove a newer car and had a new laptop and all that shit. Probably had 10x the amnt of money I ever had.

The truth of the matter is it's just easy to say that. Oh, I don't do these things because I'm not rich like those people. If these people ever met the average young backpacker they'd know a lot of them live on tiny amounts of money and forsake other luxuries in their life like cars at home and new computers and video game systems. That's just too hard for some people to comprehend...that not everyone has the same value system as them. that a eurorail pass means more to some people than their xbox360. So what do they do? They say shit like "it must be nice to be rich" or "someone must have money". A cheap, easy excuse for themselves to make themselves feel better about missing out on the entire world.

Anyways, condra...have a brilliant time! I'm sure you will. I'd love to see Romania (and I might if I have the time/funds that late into my trip). Do you have family that lives there or just ancestors? I visited my great grandfathers old house in a tiny german town that he left before immigrating to the US...it was an amazing experience.

+kma condra, and good luck on your travels. If you see a solo backpacker, say hello and have a chat! That's what it's all about.

condra

24-03-2007 19:26:46

Well, I am romanian, I came to Canada 5 yrs ago D actually, so yes I do have family there, and still have friends, althou I see them once every 2 yrs or so

Its a beautiful country, and I am not saying that bc its mine...it really is

thanks a lot nytrate, and good luck in your trip too!

I really enjoy travelling... )

turpentinedreams

24-03-2007 20:19:56

agreed with the whole rich kid thing.
I spend my money wisely and have things I like.
I travel by spending wisely. It is much better to have the enlightment travelling gives than to have a glitsy cell phone.

theysayjump

24-03-2007 20:40:34

I'd have to say Scotland (of course) since you're going to be in Ireland and England, it's only a stones throw away.

Also, traveling around Europe is (or can be) cheap as shit. Buy one train pass that will let you travel through any country in the EU, stay in hostels, the food and beer is cheap (especially in mainland Europe) and the people are really cool too.

condra

24-03-2007 20:55:53

Any special places to visit in Scotland? I am very interested but do not really know much about it D I am sure you can help!

theysayjump

24-03-2007 21:12:42

Edinburgh.

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh

If you go during August, you'd be there for the Edinburgh International Festival (the largest festival of the arts in the world). That's amazing in itself, and I could go on and on about the city, but I won't.

It's got an amazing history, at least 1,500 years old, lots of which is still intact, is probably the most haunted city in the world, people are really nice, second most popular tourist destination in the U.K. after London, you can drink in the streets, pubs are open 24 hours, you can walk the streets naked (it's illegal everywhere else in the U.K.) and is often called The Athens Of The North.

What more could you want than to walk the streets of a foreign city naked and drinking?

condra

24-03-2007 21:17:26

lol I will keep those advantages in mind, thx for the info D

dupebag

24-03-2007 21:24:37

Ive been to
england
paris
germany..and alot of other places in europe..if i were you i would go to paris (tons to see there)....dont got to hawaii carribean etc....nothing really to do there...if you want to sight-see...stick with overseas

tml09

24-03-2007 21:25:09

New Zealand!

ajasax

24-03-2007 23:05:58

http//www.amazon.com/000-Places-See-Before-You/dp/0761104844
It's becoming a series on the Travel Channel

musing mumbler

25-03-2007 10:11:47

I was in Germany last summer and I really want to get back to Bavaria and the Alps again. . . If you're into hiking then I would highly recommend that.

I'll be in the Alps this summer when my friends and I pass through Interlaken, Switzerland. It's going to be great. )

Also, you might want to hit up this forum for tips.

condra

25-03-2007 10:19:51

Thanks for the forum, +karma )