Anyone know where to order custom sheet metal laser cuts?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57445

Jams44

21-03-2007 19:59:27

Alright so I am building this custom PC into an old Zenith radio. I want to keep the old dials and what not and incorporate them into the design however there positioning is not where I need them. So I was wondering does anyone know where I could send in like a CAD drawing and get a small custom laser cut piece, or does anyone have one of those home use laser cutters? What do the prices go for pieces? IF anyone does have a laser cutter I can provide them with the metal and pay them for their time. Get back to me!

TriforceXHacks

21-03-2007 20:10:08

[quote5952d51067="Jams44"]Alright so I am building this custom PC into an old Zenith radio. I want to keep the old dials and what not and incorporate them into the design however there positioning is not where I need them. So I was wondering does anyone know where I could send in like a CAD drawing and get a small custom laser cut piece, or does anyone have one of those home use laser cutters? What do the prices go for pieces? IF anyone does have a laser cutter I can provide them with the metal and pay them for their time. Get back to me![/quote5952d51067]

A lot of places that your thinking of use molds and usually produce in bulk orders. =/ I've looked into similar services for some of my past projects.

Tsmith10803

21-03-2007 20:24:11

this is what I do when I want normally custom bulk produced goods on the cheap.

I wanted a neon sign that said Tenacious

so, I went to alibaba.com

told them I was a bussiness interested in a sign, and asked how much a sample would be, custom ones go for like, 2-300 online, I got mine for 27 dollars shipped )

ILoveToys

21-03-2007 20:40:33

[quoted3245b8fea="Jams44"]Alright so I am building this custom PC into an old Zenith radio. I want to keep the old dials and what not and incorporate them into the design however there positioning is not where I need them. So I was wondering does anyone know where I could send in like a CAD drawing and get a small custom laser cut piece, or does anyone have one of those home use laser cutters? What do the prices go for pieces? IF anyone does have a laser cutter I can provide them with the metal and pay them for their time. Get back to me![/quoted3245b8fea]

I know of a couple places that could do this. They make prototype blanks for the stamping shop I work at in the summers. I PM'd you.