PowerPoint Question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57159

gmario

19-03-2007 08:24:46

Ok i need to know if it's possible to have a song playing on the background of my power point presentation, is that possible if so how can i do this? i need to either have it this theme song playing in the beginning or at the end, if not threw the whole presentation, and also is it possible to add a video to the power point? Any help would be really appreciated.

aseastar

19-03-2007 08:30:36

Yep, all of this is possible. )

MS Office Online has instructions - I'm pasting them here. Hopefully this helps?

You can add music, songs, or sound effects that play

Automatically when you display a particular slide.
When you click the sound icon on a particular slide.
Over one or multiple slides.
For more background information before you work with music, songs, or sound, see About music and sounds.

[i7dd68e674b]Add, music, songs, or sound effects[/i7dd68e674b]

Display the slide to which you want to add music or sound effects.
On the Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds, and then do one of the following
Insert a sound file

Click Sound from File, locate the folder that contains the file that you want, and then double-click the file.
Insert a sound clip from Clip Organizer

Click Sound from Clip Organizer, scroll to find the clip that you want, and then click it to add it to the slide.
Note To search for clips in the Clip Organizer, fill in the Search for box, and then click Go. To get more information about finding the clip that you want, including details about finding files by using wildcard characters and about adding your own clips to the Clip Organizer, click Tips for finding clips at the bottom of the task pane.

Double-click the sound file that you want to insert.
When a message is displayed, do one of the following
To play the music or sound automatically when you go to the slide, click Automatically.
To play the music or sound only when you click the sound icon , click When Clicked.
To adjust the settings for when the sound file stops, click the sound icon , right-click, and then click Custom Animation.
In the Custom Animation task pane, click the arrow on the selected item in the Custom Animation list, and then click Effect Options.
On the Effect tab, under Stop playing, do one of the following
To stop the sound file on mouse-click of this slide, select On click (the default).
To stop the sound file after this slide, select After current slide.
To keep the sound file playing for several slides, select After, and then set the total number of slides the file should play on.

aseastar

19-03-2007 08:31:24

Here's info on looping sound/movie

When you loop a sound or movie, the file plays until you advance to the next slide.

On the slide, right-click the sound icon or movie.
On the shortcut menu (shortcut menu A menu that shows a list of commands relevant to a particular item. To display a shortcut menu, right-click an item or press SHIFT+F10.), click Edit Sound Object or Edit Movie Object.
Select the Loop until stopped check box.
Note Some media formats, such as .GIFurl==http://=http:///url files, are categorized as movie clips by the Clip Art feature in Microsoft Office but are not actually digital video. The Edit Movie Object command is enabled only with digital video files.

gmario

19-03-2007 08:35:51

Thx for the help wink +Karma

aseastar

19-03-2007 08:42:54

No problem! Hey, I had to add you to my list of folks in the FiPG stereotypes thread - couldn't help it. ) If you haven't checked out that thread lately, it's pretty funny.