anyone know japanese ? (conversations) I need some help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56747

turpentinedreams

14-03-2007 14:22:23

I am doing my take home final and need somebody to read it over and make sure I didn't make any mistakes. I can post it all here or get me on aim or something if you can help.

Tholek

14-03-2007 15:18:31

I guess Babelfish wouldn't cut it here. (

Wish I knew Japanese though.

Wolfeman

14-03-2007 15:19:03

Post it and I'll have my friend take a look if he can...

turpentinedreams

14-03-2007 15:40:36

Kino no puroguramu wa omoshirokatta kara gohan o tabenagara terebi o mimashita
That television program was funny, watching it while eating rice.

Haha no ryori wa oishikattari mazukattari
Mom’s cooking is delicious sometimes, bad tasting other times.

Kono shumatsu wa totemo taihen deshita. Kuruma o nusumaretashi, saifu o nakushitashi, inu ni kameremashita.
This weekend was very awful. My car was stolen, I lost my wallet/purse, then was bit by a dog.

Kare wa tetsudatte kuretari kurenakattari suru.
Sometimes he helps the Red Cross. (???)

Takai no ni, kaimashita.
That was expensive, but I bought it anyways.

Kotoshi no natsu Nihon e iku hazu deshita.
We should go to Japan the summer of this year.

Kare no hanashi ga uso no hazu ga nai
He talks lies, not truth.

Mo tabeta ka mo skiremasen
I do not know if you ate earlier.

Nichiyobi wa hatarakitaku arimasen
That is not a Sunday hat.

Kare no iu koto ga tadashii no kamo shiremasen
What he says is correct, but not easy.

Kono ho ga motto benri ja nai ka
Is this side not more convenient?

Basu de iku ho ga benri desu
Going by bus is convenient.

Sonna eiga wa minai ho ga mashi desu
Such film is everyone(?) is better.

all i've got done so far.

J4320

14-03-2007 17:32:53

All I know is -

Ko-nee-chee-wa -----> Good afternoon
Hai -------> yes/confirming something

The Japanese language sounds really cool. I would learn but it's probably too much work with all the Kanji and all that jazz.

turpentinedreams

14-03-2007 17:42:51

ohayo - good morning
konbanwa - good evening
iei (e yay) - no.

JennyWren

14-03-2007 17:47:51

wasabi -> delicious

reggaeton

14-03-2007 17:57:00

I use google translate and it came out like this

Kino no puroguramu wa omoshirokatta kara gohan o tabenagara terebi o mimashita That television PROGRAM was funny and watching it while eating rice. Haha no ryori wa oishikattari mazukattari Mom' s cooking is delicious sometimes and bad tasting other times. Kono shumatsu wa totemo taihen deshita. Kuruma o nusumaretashi, saifu o nakushitashi and inu ni kameremashita. This weekend was very awful. My car was stolen, I Lost my wallet/purse and then was bit by a dog. Kare wa tetsudatte kuretari kurenakattari suru. Sometimes he helps the Red Cross. (???) Takai no ni and kaimashita. That was expensive and but I bought it anyways. Kotoshi no natsu Nihon e iku hazu deshita. We should go to Japan the summer of this year. Kare no hanashi ga uso no hazu ga nai He talks lies and not truth. Mo tabeta ka mo skiremasen I do not know if you ate earlier. Nichiyobi wa hatarakitaku arimasen That is not a Sunday hat. Kare no iu koto ga tadashii no kamo shiremasen What he says is correct and but not easy. Kono ho ga motto benri ja nai ka Is this side not more convenient? Basu de iku ho ga benri desu Going by bus is convenient. Sonna eiga wa minai ho ga mashi desu Such film is everyone (?) is better.

turpentinedreams

14-03-2007 17:59:40

google translate / babel fish etc only translate kanji.

givmea1032

14-03-2007 19:57:47

I know Mr Miagi always added -son to the end of everything. Does that count? Japenese would be cool. I can't even imagine trying to read Japanese. Everyone says English is one of the hardest languages to learn, hell most American's don't know it.

Tholek

14-03-2007 20:37:24

Actually, I thought English was considered pretty easy next to French and Spanish. shrug

TriforceXHacks

14-03-2007 23:13:15

I am Italian, Irish, and Russian but I speak fluent Spanish. English is A LOT harder than most languages. It has more words than any other language and it's rules are not as simple and easy to adjust to like the Romance languages (French, Spanish, Italian, etc.).

The word "work" has something like 20 definitions. It isn't simplistic and unlike the Romance languages, conjugations (sp?) are not as simple.

Simply adding "no" will indicate the negative form of a verb. Although Spanish allows for double negatives... quite interesting.

It's clearly debatable, but I tend to think that English is the hardest lispokenli language. Written -- Maybe one of the Eastern Asian languages considering it consists of nearly ~3000 symbols. 26 letters in our alphabet is actually rather small in comparison.

h3x

14-03-2007 23:54:23

I know the entire hiragana and katakana alphabet (both in writing, reading and reciting), yet I only know very basic greeting terms (i.e. gomenasai). Sorry I can't help you out. (only reason why I know the alphabets to begin with is because I took Japanese for 1 year in Junion High and never pursued the language after that.)

[quotebdc78d4dd2]iei (e yay) - no.[/quotebdc78d4dd2]

Actually, it's iie (the correct romanji pronounciation). Just helping ya out ;)