Can an NCAA pick be considered intellectual property?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56646

Brodie

13-03-2007 18:17:33

Hey guys, I got invited into some March Madness pool on facebook. I didn't want to get totally owned so I started pokin around for just a general consensus. I made it to www.pickspal.com[]www.pickspal.com and found they had a section where they actually SOLD their "pro"s picks for 10$ a piece. Is something like that copyrighted or could I theoretically just buy them and post them here?

Kidd

13-03-2007 19:32:13

if u end up buying them pm me ;)

jy3

13-03-2007 19:48:20

I think that it is their expertise and advice that u are purchasing not the actual picks/text

zr2152

13-03-2007 20:26:59

dude dont waste your money on that shit.

1. This years bracket is going to be crazyyy
2. Go to like espn.com, they will tell you everything that you need to know, im sure they are better than the "experts" on that site. All you would be doing is taking a gamble with that advice.

Wolfeman

13-03-2007 20:32:25

Its a total crapshoot but look at history and who is streaking. At least 1 12 will beat a 5. Look at who is playing close to home. Injuries and who is coming in hot or cold. Its very rare to have 3-4 1's in the Final Four. a 2-4 can make it and try not to go crazy with the Cinderellas...

zr2152

13-03-2007 20:38:08

dude dont waste your money on that shit.

1. This years bracket is going to be crazyyy
2. Go to like espn.com, they will tell you everything that you need to know, im sure they are better than the "experts" on that site. All you would be doing is taking a gamble with that advice.

Brodie

13-03-2007 23:40:38

Well against my better judgement, as well as zr's opinion, I bought one of the picks and bet 25$ on it. AND I WON! I'm definately hooked and even if I lose it all, I'll only be out 20 bucks. I'm gonna buy a couple more picks so if anyone is interested, we could start a little FiPG group. If we rotated buying them, or just all pitched as a little group, they'd be pretty much free. I'm pretty sure Kidd is in, so any other takers? Last week they were right 70% of the time! I know you freebie guys are enticed by "the winning edge" and this is it. wink Anyways, Happy March Madness.