Anyone noticed...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55917

Twon

06-03-2007 07:13:05

...that trades seemed to have slowed down lately or is it just me?

TryinToGetPaid

06-03-2007 07:23:54

You mean its harder getting people to sign up? Yep.

Twon

06-03-2007 07:30:53

I think all the new people are now trying to get refs themselves.

givmea1032

06-03-2007 10:45:26

if you look at the trading post, there's lots of people with 1 or no TR asking to pay people....

Jenncherry99

06-03-2007 10:50:05

OMG YES!! I feel like I can't get anything done!

condra

06-03-2007 11:07:52

hmm i still get ppl...

and i'll give a tip to anyone who pm's me P

topbillin1

06-03-2007 12:03:10

Alot of them want payment immediately after green now, they refuse to wait.

gmario

06-03-2007 12:29:52

well they want to make money to wink

petieroman

06-03-2007 15:17:33

I only switched cuz all the offer pages have the same things and I cant sign up twice.

jonohull

06-03-2007 15:25:17

[quote45c16d5324="petieroman"]I only switched cuz all the offer pages have the same things and I cant sign up twice.[/quote45c16d5324]

That is starting to be a problem. I've had more than a few people say they did all the offers on some sites they were going ot do for me.

petieroman

06-03-2007 15:33:02

My trade record is 5 right now and those were offers i did for seniors. I still have about 8 pending, (all green, 1 yellow) becouse I am either waiting on the affiliate to give me a point or waiting for the final credit. I started as a referal and now I cant do offers so i am trying to be a referer. but yah, its hard. A newbie such as myself, should start off as a referal and build up points or trades points first. More than the 4 you need.

nytrate

06-03-2007 15:47:42

it's terrible

so many newbs starting trades and not doing anything

no one trading

everyone paying absurd amounts for refs. Which ruins it for everyone, cause the price is set so high.

I racked up my TR a year ago, it was easy. Easy to get people to do it for cash, easier to find doable trades...

shorterthanrich

08-03-2007 00:19:04

Is $20 an unreasonable amount to be paying?

I've only been on the forum for about a month. I did about 10-15 sites for people before I started working on my own...
I've only just completed paypal.2dollardeal and have gotten a bunch on ordercash4free

KeithA

08-03-2007 04:07:51

We need another stream of new users. The DIY scene is also worth looking into for those of you that are having trouble finding referrals.

Twon

13-03-2007 17:57:39

[quote4b4ef83f42="KeithA"]We need another stream of new users. The DIY scene is also worth looking into for those of you that are having trouble finding referrals.[/quote4b4ef83f42]

Do we ever.... Trading (for me anyways) is almost nonexistent now... cry

manOFice

13-03-2007 18:03:57

I tried trading last night...paying 26$ per referral...and like 10 other cash trades popped up after mine, making mine unnoticeable. I just gave up. I'll try trading again in a few months.

Twon

13-03-2007 18:06:22

I just want to finish the couple of sites that i have going now and then that's it for a while i think... There are so many people paying cash, that prices are getting high making it not so worth it...

ILoveToys

13-03-2007 18:17:34

The only trades I have gotten recently are if I'm watching the trade forum like a hawk, and hit any newb up as soon as they say they want to make cash...I haven't even gone to the trading post in over a week....

petieroman

13-03-2007 18:21:36

There should be a law or something here that would require you to start out as a refferal than the other, Shoot I dont know, Im a newb myself. but I started on the other side going green for people.

jonohull

13-03-2007 19:34:08

[quotee02b85bc9a="petieroman"]There should be a law or something here that would require you to start out as a refferal than the other, Shoot I dont know, Im a newb myself. but I started on the other side going green for people.[/quotee02b85bc9a]

Yeah, like say get to 7 TR before being able to start paying for refs.

petieroman

13-03-2007 19:37:09

Yah that would be cool,Cuz that puts me in! D

manOFice

13-03-2007 19:39:34

[quote8544fd89e6="jonohull"][quote8544fd89e6="petieroman"]There should be a law or something here that would require you to start out as a refferal than the other, Shoot I dont know, Im a newb myself. but I started on the other side going green for people.[/quote8544fd89e6]

Yeah, like say get to 7 TR before being able to start paying for refs.[/quote8544fd89e6]

I agree

jonohull

13-03-2007 19:56:53

Yeah, I see people in the Trading Post with 0 or 1 TR and buying greens on approval. Yeah right...

manOFice

13-03-2007 20:00:38

[quote6655c8f797="jonohull"]Yeah, I see people in the Trading Post with 0 or 1 TR and buying greens on approval. Yeah right...[/quote6655c8f797]

I"m sorry but that pisses me off...they don't deserve to get scammed but they can be smart and only trade with good traders instead of demanding approval when they've been here for a few days.

jonohull

13-03-2007 20:12:10

[quote6f31270035="O4F-Manofice"][quote6f31270035="jonohull"]Yeah, I see people in the Trading Post with 0 or 1 TR and buying greens on approval. Yeah right...[/quote6f31270035]

I"m sorry but that pisses me off...they don't deserve to get scammed but they can be smart and only trade with good traders instead of demanding approval when they've been here for a few days.[/quote6f31270035]

I know some of them came from A4F or something, but not usually. If I see that again, I'm just going to offer them to do offers for me instead.

Mom of Two

14-03-2007 07:24:53

All right, don't all hit me up at once, because I can't keep up, but I understand I need to build my TR before asking for refs. I had several people PM me with 0 TR in the last few days, which to me was just unsafe, so I declined. Plus, we can't leave TR for each other.

manOFice

14-03-2007 08:24:59

[quotefc47359ac9="Mom of Two"]All right, don't all hit me up at once, because I can't keep up, but I understand I need to build my TR before asking for refs. I had several people PM me with 0 TR in the last few days, which to me was just unsafe, so I declined. Plus, we can't leave TR for each other.[/quotefc47359ac9]

why can't everyone be as smart as you? lol That is the attitude we need around here. You're smart...don't trade with 0 post or 0 tr people...because you're right you won't get TR and you might get scammed.

givmea1032

14-03-2007 08:32:48

It also doesn't help that your posts gets bumped down to the second page in an hour. I know Mods said stop saying PM'd, but "Pm'd you for $20" is almost as bad. Just look at the thread on it, it gets to the second page in an hour or so.

I also agree with a standard Trade # before you start selling your sites.

gmario

14-03-2007 08:35:06

Yea i know what you mean i saw one user the other day post on all of them on the front page saying interested sending PM, the good thing is it doesn't count towards your post count 8)

manOFice

14-03-2007 08:57:11

[quote41f8e66a78="gmario"]Yea i know what you mean i saw one user the other day post on all of them on the front page saying interested sending PM, the good thing is it doesn't count towards your post count 8)[/quote41f8e66a78]

the problem is though it shoots peoples post onto the second page in a very small amount of time, I withdrawed my trade topic because it got shot down to the bottom of the first page in a matter of an hour.

gmario

14-03-2007 08:58:40

Well yours went to the bottom while someone jacked mine word by word lol

manOFice

14-03-2007 08:59:28

[quote5770275ef8="gmario"]Well yours went to the bottom while someone jacked mine word by word lol[/quote5770275ef8]

Ouch!!

petieroman

14-03-2007 15:34:12

Do you think a problem could be in letting people see the site without a referal code, Ive checked out a few sites that give you an intant credit for signing up on your own! So if I say check out this site and let me know, You go there and see the free credit and sign up, where-as if you sya check it out with a referal link, they sign up under you! hell, I dont know!

jonohull

15-03-2007 15:44:21

[quote4d599e1d7a="O4F-Manofice"][quote4d599e1d7a="jonohull"]Yeah, I see people in the Trading Post with 0 or 1 TR and buying greens on approval. Yeah right...[/quote4d599e1d7a]

I"m sorry but that pisses me off...they don't deserve to get scammed but they can be smart and only trade with good traders instead of demanding approval when they've been here for a few days.[/quote4d599e1d7a]

What is this guy thinking? http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56847&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

petieroman

15-03-2007 16:04:21

He post like he has been here before. Or somewhere else that does the same thing. But with a record like that, (0 posts, 0 trades) who can trust him???

jonohull

15-03-2007 19:16:37

[quote9d7f75bfa0="petieroman"]He post like he has been here before. Or somewhere else that does the same thing. But with a record like that, (0 posts, 0 trades) who can trust him???[/quote9d7f75bfa0]

I wouldn't trust him. Plus, those are terrible prices.

Hunter_82

15-03-2007 20:05:21

[quoteb38c249604="jonohull"][quoteb38c249604="petieroman"]He post like he has been here before. Or somewhere else that does the same thing. But with a record like that, (0 posts, 0 trades) who can trust him???[/quoteb38c249604]

I wouldn't trust him. Plus, those are terrible prices.[/quoteb38c249604]

Those are worse than horrible prices...$15 for sony.v-bux!?! Hope nobody took that deal....

gmario

15-03-2007 20:09:41

Lol damn thats what i call desperate lol

aseastar

16-03-2007 01:48:46

There is some [bb2a26545c6]very [/bb2a26545c6]bad information for newbies going around lately! I've had several question me about paying on approval, and even arguing with me about it - this post they all keep referencing (wherever it is) says that "pay on approval" means that they will not get paid for offers until they complete the entire site - i.e. they have to go green for me AND get all their referrals to claim their prize before they are "approved" and get paid by me. Seriously, I've had 3 people tell me that in the past two days! One even thought I was lying to him and sent me a "cut and paste" version of the post. My impression is that it's on freelunchroom.com somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

ANYWAY, that would explain at least a few of the new folks trying to get referrals right away - they think they won't get paid anything until they complete the sites. I've tried to encourage them NOT to try and get referrals yet and to just do greens for a while - I don't know how effective it was, though.

I'll go back through my messages and see if I can find that post. )

jonohull

16-03-2007 09:58:02

[quotea6fb7f54eb="aseastar"]There is some [ba6fb7f54eb]very [/ba6fb7f54eb]bad information for newbies going around lately! I've had several question me about paying on approval, and even arguing with me about it - this post they all keep referencing (wherever it is) says that "pay on approval" means that they will not get paid for offers until they complete the entire site - i.e. they have to go green for me AND get all their referrals to claim their prize before they are "approved" and get paid by me. Seriously, I've had 3 people tell me that in the past two days! One even thought I was lying to him and sent me a "cut and paste" version of the post. My impression is that it's on freelunchroom.com somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

ANYWAY, that would explain at least a few of the new folks trying to get referrals right away - they think they won't get paid anything until they complete the sites. I've tried to encourage them NOT to try and get referrals yet and to just do greens for a while - I don't know how effective it was, though.

I'll go back through my messages and see if I can find that post. )[/quotea6fb7f54eb]

That does sound like a huge problem. Maybe there should be a part on this site that has exact instructions for every scenario, such as green-green, green-cash, high-low TR, etc... I mean besides what's already there, because a lot of people can't seem to figure it out.

petieroman

16-03-2007 14:17:27

Heres a Pm I got from a newbie when I offered to help him out with his first trade.

[quoteddbff045c9="zferrell"]I have done a few deals at FLR...but no one at FiPG seems to want to pay on green to people with less than a 10+ trader rating...and I dont do deals on approval...so don't know how long I will be here...[/quoteddbff045c9]

jonohull

16-03-2007 17:15:12

[quoted80fa6899c="petieroman"]Heres a Pm I got from a newbie when I offered to help him out with his first trade.

[quoted80fa6899c="zferrell"]I have done a few deals at FLR...but no one at FiPG seems to want to pay on green to people with less than a 10+ trader rating...and I dont do deals on approval...so don't know how long I will be here...[/quoted80fa6899c][/quoted80fa6899c]

Umm, some do. And why does he think he's entitled to anything? I just don't get some people...

condra

16-03-2007 17:41:01

first off, almost ALL traders now pay on green here. because they cannot get refs otherwise...

and then, FIPG may be strict but is VERY well organized. and once you have a good tr, you can really get refs.

so lets dugg FIPG! D

aseastar

16-03-2007 19:53:24

Yah, I've started paying on green for some sites just to get the ref's (I only have so much patience, haha).

You know, not to be a ^$#li but we all figured this out without detailed, simplified instructions - I don't understand why so many new folks don't get it. Maybe there's just too much conflicting info between sites, and the new guys don't realize that the sites have their own rules/ways of doing things.

aseastar

16-03-2007 21:45:11

So, think there's any chance that the rules might change allowing for more frequent bumps in the trading forum? It's pretty frustrating to post and then have it off the 1st page in 1/2 hour.... Maybe that would cause too much chaos, though. 8)

lilady

19-03-2007 13:16:09

As a newbie I do find that there are a couple of reasons why I won't accept any referrals for certain sites (so far from what I see). Also why I won't accpet new work until I get these credits to my account, it's like a fulltime job making sure all your accounts are updated so that the person trading with you is up to speed with what you are up to. Maybe it's the administrative assistant in me but its crazy sometimes. Has nothing to do with any of you all on here. Believe you me it does not at all!

1.) Some of these sites don't seem too legit. Meaning some of them don't actually have permission from these sites to list them as an offer or even put their logo (link) on these promos. I rightfully earned one and waited the allotted time for my credit. It did not show up, so I filled out a no credit ticket and it was denied twice. I sent a support ticket (on the same site) and this is what I got
(cut and copy of response)
Hello,

Please note that we are not affiliated with the link that you have provided below. You are welcome to search our site at any time for lisitings that we are advertising. However, please DO NOT SEND FALSE leads. Please only use our site if you are in the market for a rental.

Please note that we have asked the http//nocreditcard.ordergiftsfree.com/offers.php web site to remove our link from their network using incentives since we are not affiliated.

Thank you,
Customer Support
Apartments.com

Hence reasons why credits are not being offered for some completed offers. Credits posting way too late leading the person cancelled the trade with you even if you rightfully went "Green" the day you recieved the trade (and this one happens almost all too often).

2. I have the patience. Most people do not. So if you say you are going to pay them Upon going green, that is what most people will hold you to. I understand why most people can't pay instantly as they are also waiting for payments from sites and such.

At least that is my take on things so far. And only my two cents. I look forward to working with most of you again. Thanks for all the help by the way!!!

topbillin1

19-03-2007 13:48:53

[quote9e5798d7ef="lilady"]As a newbie I do find that there are a couple of reasons why I won't accept any referrals for certain sites (so far from what I see). Also why I won't accpet new work until I get these credits to my account, it's like a fulltime job making sure all your accounts are updated so that the person trading with you is up to speed with what you are up to. Maybe it's the administrative assistant in me but its crazy sometimes. Has nothing to do with any of you all on here. Believe you me it does not at all!

1.) Some of these sites don't seem too legit. Meaning some of them don't actually have permission from these sites to list them as an offer or even put their logo (link) on these promos. So when you ask for your credit they will fire back with something like this
(cut and copy of response)
Hello,

Please note that we are not affiliated with the link that you have provided below. You are welcome to search our site at any time for lisitings that we are advertising. However, please DO NOT SEND FALSE leads. Please only use our site if you are in the market for a rental.

Please note that we have asked the http//nocreditcard.ordergiftsfree.com/offers.php web site to remove our link from their network using incentives since we are not affiliated.

Thank you,
Customer Support
Apartments.com

Hence reasons why credits are not being offered for some completed offers. Credits posting way too late leading the person cancelled the trade with you even if you rightfully went "Green" the day you recieved the trade (and this one happens almost all too often).

2. I have the patience. Most people do not. So if you say you are going to pay them Upon going green, that is what most people will hold you to. I understand why most people can't pay instantly as they are also waiting for payments from sites and such.

At least that is my take on things so far. And only my two cents. I look forward to working with most of you again. Thanks for all the help by the way!!![/quote9e5798d7ef]

Never email or contact the offer, deal with the site from now on... What you did was a huge error....

lilady

19-03-2007 14:12:02

! FYII did not contact them they contacted me. When I sent a credit request the site denied it. I created a support ticket and that is the email I recieved. So um, Yeah thanks for asking me about that before you went ahead acted like idiota with me (sarcasm alert) . x