Back from San Francisco

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55796

EatChex89

04-03-2007 20:20:52

So I just got back from the beautiful city of San Francisco.

I was there for a Model United Nations conference, which turned out to be a blast. I toured the streets with my friends in the middle of the night and had a wonderful time.

I go back again for another conference second week of April! D

Oh, also, Berkley hosted it and after the conference was over there was this huge party for all the kids involved at a local club and it was friggin crazy ass fun!

I love san francisco!

theysayjump

04-03-2007 20:27:01

As do I, it's an amazing city.

Three places in the world that I want to live in are Edinburgh, New York and San Francisco.

Dave82

04-03-2007 21:24:19

Haha I was in Model UN when I was in high school!

Man! I use to have so much "fun" on those trips. A lot of it I regret now, but it was fun at the time.

I remember this conference in NYC when I was in 11th grade. The first day there I met this girl and lied to her. I said I was 21 and a student from Georgetown. Anway, we had a good time and next day it turned out she was the moderator of the Security Counsel forum where i was in representing DPRK. Needless to say I did not win best delegate...

just curious, what country were you representing and what forum were you in?

Also are they still INCREDIBLY F---ING BIAS to locals????

Gigante

04-03-2007 22:50:19

[quoteffb257f500="EatChex89"]So I just got back from the beautiful city of San Francisco.

I was there for a Model United Nations conference, which turned out to be a blast. I toured the streets with my friends in the middle of the night and had a wonderful time.

I go back again for another conference second week of April! D

Oh, also, Berkley hosted it and after the conference was over there was this huge party for all the kids involved at a local club and it was friggin crazy ass fun!

I love san francisco![/quoteffb257f500]

wtf, and you didn't even come say hi

EatChex89

05-03-2007 10:43:47

[quoteacb1677498="Dave82"]Haha I was in Model UN when I was in high school!

Man! I use to have so much "fun" on those trips. A lot of it I regret now, but it was fun at the time.

I remember this conference in NYC when I was in 11th grade. The first day there I met this girl and lied to her. I said I was 21 and a student from Georgetown. Anway, we had a good time and next day it turned out she was the moderator of the Security Counsel forum where i was in representing DPRK. Needless to say I did not win best delegate...

just curious, what country were you representing and what forum were you in?

Also are they still INCREDIBLY F---ING BIAS to locals????[/quoteacb1677498]

I was Uruguay in the DISEC (Disarmament) committee. Yes, they are biased to either local schools or those with better reputations. Our school didn't win any awards, our Cuba delegate just got a shoutout (he was also in DISEC).

Basically, the best part was walking the streets at 3am in the morning and going to the 24 hour donut shop across the street.

TriforceXHacks

05-03-2007 11:27:35

My ex-girlfriend did a mock senate ordeal in Washington D.C., sounds interesting.

Wolfeman

05-03-2007 12:49:04

SF is a great place but I love SoCal )