Young kids smoke pot with dad....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55731

TryinToGetPaid

04-03-2007 06:46:57

http//www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/04/pot.kids/index.html

Apparently I am misinformed on life itself.

nytrate

04-03-2007 08:36:23

It has nothing to do with white or black. Why make it about race?

It's about uneducated poverty. You see the same thing in poor white areas like trailer parks in the south.

Sounds pretty ignorant to make it about race. There are just as many ignorant and uneducated whites, asians, blue, greens or reds. why make it about that?

bballp6699

04-03-2007 08:41:43

I've actually never met an uneducated blue to be honest... shrug

TryinToGetPaid

04-03-2007 08:42:08

dmorris68

04-03-2007 08:43:09

Thank you nytrate, I was about to post the same thing. Not about race at all, and it annoys me to no end when people like to toss that out.

It's also not even exclusively about poverty either. I know a lot of middle and upper class families that struggle with the same issues. You can't pigeonhole bad behavior, whether it be substance abuse or bad parenting, on either race or economic status, although obviously the desperation of feeling stuck in a hopeless situation will exacerbate the issue.

Still, it is up to the individual whether they succeed and overcome their hardships. It's ultimately about the person not the race or the social standing. They need to stop making excuses for themselves, and the rest of us should making excuses for them.

TryinToGetPaid

04-03-2007 08:44:32

dmorris68

04-03-2007 08:47:29

[quote435e786fce="TryinToGetPaid"]But higher class black people understand lower class black/white people. Higher class white people have no idea how it is for lower class white/black people.[/quote435e786fce]
TTGP, that's just an ignorant statement. I'm sorry, but it is.

You have no idea WHAT people think and it's terribly arrogant to say that they can't know. Do you think all "higher" class white people were born that way? Do you think that criminal behavior and poor parenting is all about economic class? During the course of my life I've had the opportunity to spend time among very poor people (as one of them), as well as among middle-upper class people. I've been very successful, and I'm thankful for that. However I do not forget what it was like to be poor. And I've seen more than my fair share or lousy rich parents, and excellent poor ones (like mine).

You're just perpetuating an ignorant generalization that weak minded people seize on to believe and use as an excuse. And that's just sad.

Gigante

04-03-2007 08:48:13

[quote6cedc6d640="TryinToGetPaid"]Middle or Upper class people do not [b6cedc6d640]get[/b6cedc6d640] to sell drugs to make ends meet. [/quote6cedc6d640]

fixed

dmorris68

04-03-2007 08:49:54

[quote2b3f168a2a="TryinToGetPaid"]Middle or Upper class people do not have to sell drugs to make ends meet. Sure, even with a job all they can get is a min. wage job at at 5.15 that is not going to pay any bills....[/quote2b3f168a2a]
Once again, you seem to be blinded by the truth.

So I guess you're saying the millions and millions of poor people who DON'T sell drugs aren't making it? And if a poor person is eating and putting a roof over their head, then they limustli be selling drugs, because they could never do it on a minimum wage job? Please... you're not helping your own argument here, you're just reinforcing the ignorance of your position. roll

theysayjump

04-03-2007 09:04:17

Damn, looks like I missed out on a good old fashioned idiot bashing here. (

amir89630

04-03-2007 09:22:42

i think it is part of the culture of the "reds" to smoke some peote as a clan of people.

dmorris68

04-03-2007 09:30:56

Oh and btw it wasn't dad, it was some punk 17 year old uncle of the toddlers.

Killer722

04-03-2007 11:35:36

[quote6bb73a3d1d="theysayjump"]Damn, looks like I missed out on a good old fashioned idiot bashing here. ([/quote6bb73a3d1d]
I feel you. (

Wolfeman

04-03-2007 11:53:50

[quote4de1b922f1="theysayjump"]Damn, looks like I missed out on a good old fashioned idiot bashing here. ([/quote4de1b922f1]
Me too (

I know there are stupid hippy parents that let their kids smoke pot too. I think it has more to do with being dumb than anything...

Killer722

04-03-2007 11:55:42

Yeah I hear that all the time.
"My friend's mom lets us smoke in her living room as long as she can hit it." etc..

coolvaughan

04-03-2007 18:53:17

[quote3c938d9e7e="Wolfeman"]I know there are stupid hippy parents that let their kids smoke pot too. I think it has more to do with being dumb than anything...[/quote3c938d9e7e]

And whats dumb about that? Isn't it safer to be smoking weed at home with your parents then out on the town with rowdy teenagers?

manOFice

04-03-2007 18:59:06

If you let your kids smoke pot...you are terrible parents.

h3x

04-03-2007 19:02:59

Watching this video made my stomach cringe... and the kid has no shame, he merely cussed the reporter out when he asked him why he did it.

justinag06

04-03-2007 19:03:02

lets clarify one thing here, the kids mentioned in the article are actually children, 2 and 5 years old.

h3x

04-03-2007 19:08:08

The only thing I can say is, this makes responsible adult marijuana users look bad in the public eye...

It makes me sick.

dmorris68

04-03-2007 19:52:54

[quote8624f1eb31="coolvaughan"][quote8624f1eb31="Wolfeman"]I know there are stupid hippy parents that let their kids smoke pot too. I think it has more to do with being dumb than anything...[/quote8624f1eb31]

And whats dumb about that? Isn't it safer to be smoking weed at home with your parents then out on the town with rowdy teenagers?[/quote8624f1eb31]
All I can say is, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't have children.

And if you do, come back in 10-15 years and try to tell me what you just said. Oh wait, better yet -- if you still feel the same -- don't tell me, I don't wanna know.

Oi.

h3x

04-03-2007 19:57:30

[quote42a59f5769="dmorris68"]All I can say is, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't have children.

And if you do, come back in 10-15 years and try to tell me what you just said. Oh wait, better yet -- if you still feel the same -- don't tell me, I don't wanna know.

Oi.[/quote42a59f5769]

IAWTC.

theysayjump

04-03-2007 20:21:48

I think I've stated this before, but my parents were hippies (my Dad still is to an extent) and took all kinds of drugs (pretty much anything but Smack or Crystal Meth) and drank a hell of alot too. They weren't junkies or alcies, kept their lives in order, kept very longterm jobs, brought up my brother and I and managed to travel a lot too. We were poor for probably the first 19 years of my life, then they were promoted, more money came in, I got a job etc.

My extent of drug taking is maybe one joint two years ago and a bong when I was 16 and I haven't drank in three years. My younger brother on the other hand is addicted to the mary jane, spends all of his wages on it, has taken coke, speed, E, goes to Amsterdam on a regular basis and drinks too.

Being poor doesn't mean you'll become what everyone else around you is. Having parents who are a certain way doesn't mean you'll grow up the same way as them and my parents never abused us, never offered us drugs at ridiculously young ages but they did buy me beer when I started to drink and would let me have parties and shit and give my friends their weed.

I'd have to agree with coolvaughan to an extent in that if my younger brother would have been taking the drugs he did at parties or clubs, who knows what the fuck might have happened (we lived in a rough area and his "friends" were rough people who were always in trouble with the police, as was he, and I to an extent) to him or what he might've done.

But getting stoned with my parents and then going through to his room to sleep was much safer, so that's what he did.

Not only is it ignorant to pigeonhole an entire demographic as being a certain way, but it's also ignorant to pigeonhole families or parents or even substance abuse.

Daggoth

04-03-2007 23:02:26

[quote8059d1d9c9="nytrate"]It has nothing to do with white or black. Why make it about race?

It's about uneducated poverty. You see the same thing in poor white areas like trailer parks in the south.
[/quote8059d1d9c9]

I have to argue this point then. Why does affirmative action exist if no one race can be classified as having more hardships than others? Minorities, such as African Americans and Hispanics, receive much more of an edge when it comes to college admissions as compared to Caucasians and Asians, regardless of economic situation. Wouldn't it then be technically racially profiling African Americans and Hispanics?

ilanbg

04-03-2007 23:13:17

Daggoth Affirmative Action is different than racial profiling; it's about giving a statistically equal amount of employment to minorities. i.e. if 10% of Americans are black, a company makes sure 10% of its employees are black. The theory is that this way every race or profile will have an equal amount of employment, and hence an equal chance [of employment].

And colleges just want the statistics that boast they have a good amount of racial diversity. And since fewer blacks/hispanics apply to colleges, the remaining pool is given a lower standard so that the college can keep those statistics.

Daggoth

04-03-2007 23:43:38

[quote57ae919dc5="ilanbg"]Daggoth Affirmative Action is different than racial profiling; it's about giving a statistically equal amount of employment to minorities. i.e. if 10% of Americans are black, a company makes sure 10% of its employees are black. The theory is that this way every race or profile will have an equal amount of employment, and hence an equal chance [of employment].

And colleges just want the statistics that boast they have a good amount of racial diversity. And since fewer blacks/hispanics apply to colleges, the remaining pool is given a lower standard so that the college can keep those statistics.[/quote57ae919dc5]

Yes, but at the same time, colleges have to get racial diversity, instead of top students. They assume that all African Americans and Hispanics are in poverty.

fawker

04-03-2007 23:54:45

I cannot wait to expose my kids to weed

ilanbg

05-03-2007 00:17:39

[quotec5e16baf1a="Daggoth"]Yes, but at the same time, colleges have to get racial diversity, instead of top students. They assume that all African Americans and Hispanics are in poverty.[/quotec5e16baf1a]

They don't [ic5e16baf1a]need[/ic5e16baf1a] racial diversity, they [ic5e16baf1a]want[/ic5e16baf1a] racial diversity. So they lower their standards by accepting applications from otherwise sub-par students that meet their demographics. They don't assume all African Americans/Hispanics are in poverty—it's an established fact that fewer of them apply to colleges. Lowering their standards is the only way colleges can accept them.

gmario

05-03-2007 10:02:06

I dont see a problem with smoking herb, but when you try to get your lil siblings to smoke a blunt then you got some serious problems! x

good2speed

05-03-2007 10:36:46

[quote222e4cbdc9="gmario"]I dont see a problem with smoking herb, but when you try to get your lil siblings to smoke a blunt then you got some serious problems! x[/quote222e4cbdc9]

you think. Thx for sharing.... I mean headlines on CNN and Yahoo news must've meant the majority of people were in support of the teenagers providing the marijuana. Thx for bringing such a unique and well thought out response that is not similar to what everyone else has said already.

anyways if you want to force someone else to get high just get one of your friend's dog high. You don't want to mess with little kids. Especially with crazy kids today. They just might remember you made em smoke some schwag and they will come back to hurt you. Dogs are funny when they're high.

Wolfeman

05-03-2007 12:36:19

[quotee3eca06e41="coolvaughan"][quotee3eca06e41="Wolfeman"]I know there are stupid hippy parents that let their kids smoke pot too. I think it has more to do with being dumb than anything...[/quotee3eca06e41]

And whats dumb about that? Isn't it safer to be smoking weed at home with your parents then out on the town with rowdy teenagers?[/quotee3eca06e41]
Yeah they are little kids not teenagers.

Let them smoke crack and drop acid too...

liliAlso good2speed got a 3 day ban for being a rude a-holelili

MyJobIsThis

05-03-2007 12:43:05

Typical thats basically all I can...Not surprising at all.