Vista

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55570

stueybaby17

02-03-2007 13:28:58

Who likes Vista?

I got it on my new laptop and the security features kinda annoy me. It is a pain in the ass to go to half the websites i frequent. And for everything you open it asks if you want to allow it. For some stuff it's ok. But all the time for everything is very annoying.

I kinda like the gadget bar. It makes me really think of a mac, especially with the weather and the clock. That reminds me a little bit of dashboard. roll I like the layout of mac's and was debating getting one, but I don't want to have to deal with the programs I use not working with them.

I don't like the options that come with the gadget bar though. Like you get to choose right or left side, what about top or bottom??

What are your thoughts?

J4320

02-03-2007 13:56:27

I like it but some things are annoying about it. |

dmorris68

02-03-2007 14:04:48

You can disable the UAC security stuff.

I voted "it's ok" but honestly I've barely touched my Vista Ultimate dual-boot that I've had since RTM, and I wiped Home Premium from my new laptop to install Ubuntu Linux, so it's really not that interesting to me at the moment.

stueybaby17

02-03-2007 14:07:34

[quote80178ecef4="dmorris68"]You can disable the UAC security stuff.

I voted "it's ok" but honestly I've barely touched my Vista Ultimate dual-boot that I've had since RTM, and I wiped Home Premium from my new laptop to install Ubuntu Linux, so it's really not that interesting to me at the moment.[/quote80178ecef4]

Yeah I did that already. It was too annoying to me.

I always wanted to try linux but I heard it was a little complicated, so I didn't ever try it. And I won't put that on my laptop that I just got. If I ever decide to build another computer I might.

BD2006BD

02-03-2007 14:08:20

I like the idea of vista. It isn't compatible with too many things right now for me to use it though.

EatChex89

02-03-2007 21:27:06

the programs you don't want to lose from "the switch" you can use by using virtual PC (or similar) and running an emulation of Windows XP

Wolfeman

02-03-2007 23:45:00

[quote5fcad62d2f="dmorris68"]You can disable the UAC security stuff.

I voted "it's ok" but honestly I've barely touched my Vista Ultimate dual-boot that I've had since RTM, and I wiped Home Premium from my new laptop to install Ubuntu Linux, so it's really not that interesting to me at the moment.[/quote5fcad62d2f]
I'm on the it's ok bandwagon too. There are some cool things and some stuff in the future that might make it worth it. For now I'm sticking with XP Pro...