GottaPlay

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54832

egyptianruin

22-02-2007 18:40:05

http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=83897&view=findpost&p=483160

Dear Valued Gottaplay Affiliates and Customers,

Recently, it was brought to our attention, that there had been a possible security breach in our system. Following an extensive investigation we have identified an isolated issue and have concluded that our data was in fact, compromised. The security of our valued customers and affiliates is our number #1 priority. We have expedited every in-house technical resource to identify where the security breach came from and as a result have been able to clearly locate the problem. Immediate corrective steps have been taken to completely secure and protect any information that has been or will be obtained by our company. It is unfortunate that this situation has arised, however, we are committed to ensuring that the protection of our data is not compromised again.

Our company has taken extensive measures to correct the problem at hand and are confident that the isolated problem has been resolved. We want to make sure that your confidence in us is re-gained and re-stored and as a result, have secured a third-party company which provides security services that protects organizations, such as Gottaplay, against Internet threats such as the ones that we have recently experienced. Our third-party security anaylsts have in-depth expertise and have been retained by Gottaplay to closely monitor activity taking place throughout Gottaplay’s entire system. We are 100% committed to monitoring our site, protecting our data, and most importantly, securing the information which we obtain. Beginning today, every system and application associated with Gottaplay will be moitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
to ensure this will not happen again.

Please feel free to contact us directly at toll free 866.348.2800 and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Our commitment is to our customers and our affiliates. Rest assured that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are protected and enjoy a secure experience with Gottaplay.

Sincerely,

John P. Gorst
Chairman/CEO – Gottaplay Interactive, Inc.

KeithA

22-02-2007 18:43:37

The terrible grammar notwithstanding, did I understand him to say that the company is not planning to do anything to compensate those affected by the security breach?

FreeOffersNow

22-02-2007 18:49:34

KeithA, I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that painful to read. And yea, it looks like they aren't going to offer any compensation, either.

Drawing from my own experience with GottaPlay...they're absolutely terrible. I had a 30 day trial (they attepted to bill me after 14 days) during which not even one of the 6 games I had in my "Gamer Q" shipped.

KeithA

22-02-2007 18:51:23

I would encourage anyone affected by this to demand that GottaPlay pay for a premium credit monitoring service.

egyptianruin

22-02-2007 18:55:07

Registrant
Gottaplay Interactive, Inc.
3226 Rosedale ST NW STE 200
Gig Harbor, Washington 98335-1806
United States

IP from GottaPlay does indeed come back to Washington State as an FYI.

manOFice

22-02-2007 19:19:50

Glad I never did that offer.....

Twon

22-02-2007 22:09:38

[quotefcf4456662="O4F-Manofice"]Glad I never did that offer.....[/quotefcf4456662]

Ya me to. I feel bad for everyone that lost money....

FreeOffersNow

22-02-2007 23:40:54

Glad I used a virtual account number )

Wolfeman

22-02-2007 23:59:26

I don't think I did that offer shrug

BD2006BD

23-02-2007 00:06:34

I did do that offer... but no problems here.

coolvaughan

23-02-2007 00:32:49

I did it without problems. But the service they provided was horrible just like FreeOffersNow said.

harley_girl1963

23-02-2007 13:49:39

Wow, I'm glad I never did Gotta Play. I actually considered it. I had a horrible situation with GameTap. They charged me 5 times $9.95 for my trial!!! Then they didn't cancel when I asked even though I had a cancellation confirmation!!! Then they charged me again. Although they told me 3 times I was getting credit, I still had to get my Visa company to file a dispute after 1.5 months!