New Offer Book-Keeping System!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54399

Toys4Free.com

18-02-2007 13:32:08

Link http//tracker.toys4free.com

I'm sure for many of you keeping track of what offers you complete must be a real pain. Toys4Free's offer book-keeping system will help you with this problem. Your entire offer completion history will be at your fingertips. (This will be particularly useful come tax season, when you'll be writing off the offer costs).

- Now you don't have to worry about losing your spreadsheet, or completing the same offer twice!

- You don't need to be a member of Toys4Free.com to utilize this feature.

- You can record your offer completions for all websites.

- If you want to see anything added or encounter a problem, post here.

zwarrior99

18-02-2007 13:35:25

Nice I havent signed up but I like the idea. Now about writing off the offer costs on your taxes... (sounds like a good receipe for an audit)

Gigante

18-02-2007 15:28:33

[quoteb8728b0b59="zwarrior99"]Nice I havent signed up but I like the idea. Now about writing off the offer costs on your taxes... (sounds like a good receipe for an audit)[/quoteb8728b0b59]

Yeah, usually writing off expenses that can't legally be written off are a good way to get audited.

Toys4Free.com

18-02-2007 19:30:25

[quotedfc5f7ed8e="Gigante"][quotedfc5f7ed8e="zwarrior99"]Nice I havent signed up but I like the idea. Now about writing off the offer costs on your taxes... (sounds like a good receipe for an audit)[/quotedfc5f7ed8e]

Yeah, usually writing off expenses that [bdfc5f7ed8e]can't legally be written off[/bdfc5f7ed8e] are a good way to get audited.[/quotedfc5f7ed8e]

I'm not a CPA, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing illegal about writing off the cost of an offer.

Admin

18-02-2007 20:19:19

interesting argument -- you can only write off expenses that are necessarily incurred during normal business practice. can you say that an offer's cost was necessarily incurred? if so, then maybe you're in violation of the freebie site's TOS -- most have sections that require you to have a legitimate interest in the product/service offered. in my mind if it's a necessary expense for business then you're not interested in the offer on its own merits.

mnx12

18-02-2007 20:21:05

This is really cool, thanks!

stueybaby17

18-02-2007 20:56:08

[quote6f50a86ec5="Admin"]interesting argument -- you can only write off expenses that are necessarily incurred during normal business practice. can you say that an offer's cost was necessarily incurred? if so, then maybe you're in violation of the freebie site's TOS -- most have sections that require you to have a legitimate interest in the product/service offered. in my mind if it's a necessary expense for business then you're not interested in the offer on its own merits.[/quote6f50a86ec5]

Yes that is true. You also must consider and go through the appropriate methods of reporting ALL your free stuff. It is simply not worth writing off the cost of an offer, expecially if you are doing trainn sites, because you are not required to report the gift as taxable for those sites. Writing off the expenses of offers for those sites are will end up costing you more money than not writing them off.

And like with Admin's post, you should have to be able to somehow account for a reason why you were interrested in the offer for your business.

zwarrior99

19-02-2007 06:37:02

You probably can write off the offercost but its just not worth the risk of a tasty audit. Plus you can only write off costs you incurred during a business venture.. SO freebie sites is a business venture? If it is then all your income will be considered self employeed income so not only do you gotta pay federal and state tax, you must also pay social security and medicare. Definetly talk to your accountant as I am not one but I am definetly not reporting offer costs.

nobody2000

19-02-2007 14:08:32

How is it "writing off?"

Do you not get something in return for the $7.99 you pay?

So 10 offers at $8 a piece is $80

But you got $80 worth of trial shit.

If you write that off, or even try, I hope to fuck you get audited. That's blatant abuse of our tax system (even though our tax system abuses us).