who has not yet done freephotoipods.com? i need one more!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=5407

amaivs

30-01-2005 12:01:48

ill pay ya... or we'll negociate.

FreeOffersNow

30-01-2005 12:06:28

I would have given you my completed account (submitted for approval) if only you had spelled negotiate correctly ;)

amaivs

30-01-2005 12:09:23

[quote0fc0e84927="FreeOffersNow"]I would have given you my completed account (submitted for approval) if only you had spelled negotiate correctly ;)[/quote0fc0e84927]

roll

amaivs

30-01-2005 12:11:46

btw smartie.

1 entry found for negociate.
negociate

v 1 be successful; achieve a goal; "She succeeded in persuading us all"; "I managed to carry the box upstairs"; "She pulled it off, even though we never thought her capable of it"; "The pianist negociated the difficult runs" [syn pull off, bring off, carry off, manage] [ant fail] 2 sell or discount; "negociate securities" 3 transfer by endorsement to another in return for value received; "negociate a bond" 4 succeed in passing through, around, or over; "The hiker negociated the high mountain pass"[b0db197db1e] 5 confer with another in order to come to terms or reach an agreement; [/b0db197db1e]"The parties negociated all night" 6 discuss the terms of an arrangement; "They negotiated the sale of the house" [syn negotiate, talk terms]

-----

3 entries found for negotiate.
ne·go·ti·ate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-gsh-t)
v. ne·go·ti·at·ed, ne·go·ti·at·ing, ne·go·ti·ates
v. intr.
To confer with another or others in order to come to terms or reach an agreement “It is difficult to negotiate where neither will trust” (Samuel Johnson).

v. tr.
To arrange or settle by discussion and mutual agreement negotiate a contract.

To transfer title to or ownership of (a promissory note, for example) to another party by delivery or by delivery and endorsement in return for value received.
To sell or discount (assets or securities, for example).

To succeed in going over or coping with negotiate a sharp curve.
To succeed in accomplishing or managing negotiate a difficult musical passage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Latin negtir, negtit-, to transact business, from negtium, business neg-, not; see ne in Indo-European Roots + tium, leisure.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ne·goti·ator n.
ne·gotia·tory (-sh-tôr, -tr, -sh--) adj.

[Download or Buy Now]
Source The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Main Entry ne·go·ti·ate
Pronunciation ni-'gO-shE-"At
Function verb
Inflected Forms -at·ed; -at·ing
intransitive verb to confer with another so as to settle some matter transitive verb 1 to bring about through conference, discussion, and agreement or compromise <negotiate a contract>
2 a to transfer (as an instrument) to another by delivery or endorsement b to convert into cash or the equivalent value <negotiate a check> —ne·go·ti·a·tion /ni-"gO-shE-'A-sh&n/ noun —ne·go·ti·a·tor /ni-'gO-shE-"A-t&r/ noun

Source Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

negotiate

v discuss the terms of an arrangement; "They negotiated the sale of the house" [syn negociate, talk terms]

[b0db197db1e]i think both are fine and can be said.[/b0db197db1e][/size0db197db1e]

FreeOffersNow

30-01-2005 12:27:58

Well, as much as I'd like to let this one go, I cannot. Negociate is recognized as an "obscure" or "obsolete" variant spelling of the word negotiate; it is no longer in use. You will not find this word in any current editions of printed dictionaries. However, it is accepted by your online searches because Princeton University's "WordNet Dictionary," lists synonymous word forms that are interchangeable in [i3eb9abd5af]some[/i3eb9abd5af] context by their lexical or sematic relations. Basically, in lamens terms, negotiate was so commonly mispelled as negociate that it was entered into the WordNet database. Please note that WordNet is NOT in print, and is strictly a computer based platform.

amaivs

30-01-2005 12:29:28

[quote9f2650e822="FreeOffersNow"]Well, as much as I'd like to let this one go, I cannot. Negociate is recognized as an "obscure" or "obsolete" variant spelling of the word negotiate; it is no longer in use. You will not find this word in any current editions of printed dictionaries. However, it is accepted by your online searches because Princeton University's "WordNet Dictionary," lists synonymous word forms that are interchangeable in [i9f2650e822]some[/i9f2650e822] context by their lexical or sematic relations. Basically, in lamens terms, negotiate was so commonly mispelled as negociate that it was entered into the WordNet database. Please note that WordNet is NOT in print, and is strictly a computer based platform.[/quote9f2650e822]

Thank you english college professor. I am sure I will be doing extremely well in your class.

FreeOffersNow

30-01-2005 12:30:33

Just be glad jadem isn't around...in all things English, jadem > me

I saw that...damn you and you're negative karma!

amaivs

30-01-2005 12:33:06

[quotef9ae307300="FreeOffersNow"]Just be glad jadem isn't around...in all things English, jadem > me

I saw that...damn you and you're negative karma![/quotef9ae307300]

Yeah, I get neg karmas cuz I speak my mind. My mouth tends to get me in a lot of trouble. It's cool though.. )

adenosine

30-01-2005 12:34:28

[quoted904e5cbdf="FreeOffersNow"]Just be glad jadem isn't around...in all things English, jadem > me

I saw that...damn you and you're negative karma![/quoted904e5cbdf]

That person IS negative karma? Not only that, that sentence seems to have two completely separate thoughts in it.

Or maybe you meant 'your negative karma' instead.

amaivs

30-01-2005 12:47:47

[quotede976d73bd="adenosine"][quotede976d73bd="FreeOffersNow"]Just be glad jadem isn't around...in all things English, jadem > me

I saw that...damn you and you're negative karma![/quotede976d73bd]

That person IS negative karma? Not only that, that sentence seems to have two completely separate thoughts in it.

Or maybe you meant 'your negative karma' instead.[/quotede976d73bd]

ahahhaha. tell me about it.. i never said i was good at english but for a person who corrected me, he better take another quick glance before hitting "submit"

lol

j/k.

FreeOffersNow

30-01-2005 12:48:32

Perhaps I should have put a few more line breaks in between the two statements. I meant to say I saw her give me negative karma ;)

How paradoxical. It's like calling someone a moron on AIM and spelling it incorrectly.

As far as the typo...my internet was acting up. I just restarted because the pages wouldn't load. I wasn't too worried about if the reply submitted or not.

amaivs

30-01-2005 12:53:16

[quote252cc47b5f="FreeOffersNow"]Perhaps I should have put a few more line breaks in between the two statements. I meant to say I saw her give me negative karma ;)

How paradoxical. It's like calling someone a moron on AIM and spelling it incorrectly.

As far as the typo...my internet was acting up. I just restarted because the pages wouldn't load. I wasn't too worried about if the reply submitted or not.[/quote252cc47b5f]

Just because I was offended by your comment, doesn't mean I would give you a negative karma.

roll

I wish I could see who gives me negative karma's too. That would be cool.

Stroid

30-01-2005 12:55:40

if we could see negative karmas everyone would be yelling at each other and having little wars. its not really worth it, just know that you are getting your free gear and most likely the people that are giving negative karma a just jealous

adenosine

30-01-2005 12:57:55

[quoteb09c79485c="FreeOffersNow"]Perhaps I should have put a few more line breaks in between the two statements. I meant to say I saw her give me negative karma ;)

As far as the typo...my internet was acting up. I just restarted because the pages wouldn't load. I wasn't too worried about if the reply submitted or not.[/quoteb09c79485c]

It's only funny because one of the songs on your avatar has to do with your and you're.

jadem

31-01-2005 05:59:32

[quote7a05c0c227="FreeOffersNow"]Just be glad jadem isn't around...in all things English, jadem > me

I saw that...damn you and you're negative karma![/quote7a05c0c227]

Too depressed over $$ issues to argue the use of negociate vs. negotiate.

But, I get paid today, so I might later. lol

kaymin

31-01-2005 15:43:40

i'll do one for your freephotoipods.com if you do one for my freegamingsystems.com! 8) E-mail me at email==kayminzero@gmail.comkayminzero@gmail.com=kayminzero@gmail.comkayminzero@gmail.com/email if ur interested

EatChex89

31-01-2005 16:08:35

i like misspelled words, haha -D

anywho i stupidly signed up on photoipods not helping anyone or joining a conga and etc.

FreeOffersNow

31-01-2005 18:07:07

I <3 Jadem

doylnea

31-01-2005 23:39:05

[quotebb4236a1d4="FreeOffersNow"] in [bbb4236a1d4]lamens [/bbb4236a1d4]terms, negotiate was so commonly [bbb4236a1d4]mispelled [/bbb4236a1d4]as negociate that it was entered into the WordNet database. Please note that WordNet is NOT in print, and is strictly a computer based platform.[/quotebb4236a1d4]

Nothing like correcting someone else's spelling and then making a spelling mistake of your own.

Way to be.

phorty

01-02-2005 06:18:42

instead of bickering over this tedious matter, why not vent all of this frustration towards warcow and his rants of w00tz and l331 or whatever the hell he says... we need to stop that boy from further molesting the English language... 8)

amaivs

01-02-2005 07:13:22

Yeah people, I hear ya..

I mean, this is the internet, who really does care about english or grammar? That's for school. Are we at school? Uh, no...

FreeOffersNow

01-02-2005 19:59:33

Actually I was just being a smart ass when I made the "I would have given you my completed account (submitted for approval) if only you had spelled negotiate correctly Wink" comment....I just kept going with it because I had nothing better to do at the time.

amaivs

02-02-2005 07:40:20

[quotec163a947e1="FreeOffersNow"]Actually I was just being a smart ass when I made the "I would have given you my completed account (submitted for approval) if only you had spelled negotiate correctly Wink" comment....I just kept going with it because I had nothing better to do at the time.[/quotec163a947e1]

I bet.

Narakukuku

02-02-2005 09:16:51

I think we should reserve some portion of this forum for trading. Like every new topic is begging someone to either trade or receive money for greens. Mine included.

amaivs

02-02-2005 09:50:34

[quote0f4657b37b="Narakukuku"]I think we should reserve some portion of this forum for trading. Like every new topic is begging someone to either trade or receive money for greens. Mine included.[/quote0f4657b37b]

They totally should.

we should message all the admins and mods to have em make one or pass around a petition. haha.

but i guess this board 'off topic' is close enough anyway.

FreeOffersNow

02-02-2005 09:59:03

Online petitions....heh

amaivs

02-02-2005 10:07:41

[quote0881a970b8="FreeOffersNow"]Online petitions....heh[/quote0881a970b8]

yeah, u agree?

FreeOffersNow

02-02-2005 10:38:08

Well if you take a look CG has already added a trading forum (perhaps per your recommendation). As far as online petitions go....personally I feel they are worthless. [explanation goes here, but I just got back from lunch]

amaivs

02-02-2005 10:40:34

[quote3f4faac73f="FreeOffersNow"]Well if you take a look CG has already added a trading forum (perhaps per your recommendation). As far as online petitions go....personally I feel they are worthless. [explanation goes here, but I just got back from lunch][/quote3f4faac73f]

what is CG?

FreeOffersNow

02-02-2005 10:45:06

Collidge Graduit.....yea...he's "kind of a big deal around here" - Ron Burgundy

amaivs

02-02-2005 11:12:59

hes a user right? ill search for him later. thanks

jadem

02-02-2005 12:00:16

[quote8dcf4ee111="FreeOffersNow"]I <3 Jadem[/quote8dcf4ee111]

What would your girlfriend think???

Besides, I'm too old for you. wink

FreeOffersNow

02-02-2005 12:04:14

"What she doesn't know, doesn't hurt"

;)

GO DO SOME WORK!

D

jadem

02-02-2005 12:05:30

[quotec3fff9434b="amaivs"][quotec3fff9434b="FreeOffersNow"]Actually I was just being a smart ass when I made the "I would have given you my completed account (submitted for approval) if only you had spelled negotiate correctly Wink" comment....I just kept going with it because I had nothing better to do at the time.[/quotec3fff9434b]

I bet.[/quotec3fff9434b]

He's actually a smart ass. =o/ But he's a nice guy. Too bad text doesn't show sarcasm. There would be a lot less angry people online (not saying you're an angry person).

As for the "negociate vs. negotiate" discussion, I think it's up to the person. BUT

http//www.websters-dictionary-online.org/definitions/english/NE%5Cnegociate.html

"Date "negociate" was first used in popular English literature sometime before 1350. (references)

"Negociate" is a common misspelling or typo for negotiate, negotiated."

While it IS a valid spelling, the accepted spelling is with a "t", not a "c." This means that no one is wrong, both are right, so neener neener neener.

Btw, Freeoffers, why you gotta bring me in the middle of this??? lol

jadem

02-02-2005 12:06:51

[quote5cecad0b2f="FreeOffersNow"]"What she doesn't know, doesn't hurt"

;)

GO DO SOME WORK!

D[/quote5cecad0b2f]

Bad boy, go in the corner!

And when have I ever done work, at work??

FreeOffersNow

02-02-2005 12:12:02

Yea the girlfriend keeps getting mad because I don't talk too much on the phone.... ( It's not even that I'm always doing something (I usually am) it's just I genuinely have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say. Doesn't help that my x called the other night and I talked to her fine for 2+ hours ( Then again I've known her for 10+ years and we dated for 3 of them....

I'm telling your boss! Hello, I'm calling about one of your employees....

amaivs

02-02-2005 12:24:52

lol this is crazy.

i don't care about the correction anymore. obviously, others thought it was a dumb move to correct someone yet they themselves, have trouble with writing or making sense.

it's cool. dont make it seem big.
its just the internet and ill leave at that.. we're supposed to be happy on a forum all bout getting free stuff.

jadem

02-02-2005 12:37:55

[quote390447c83d="amaivs"]lol this is crazy.

i don't care about the correction anymore. obviously, others thought it was a dumb move to correct someone yet they themselves, have trouble with writing or making sense.

it's cool. dont make it seem big.
its just the internet and ill leave at that.. we're supposed to be happy on a forum all bout getting free stuff.[/quote390447c83d]

Ditto. I wasn't trying to make it seem big, in fact, my intent was to do the opposite. I should have more caffeine before I try to be witty or funny online.

amaivs

02-02-2005 12:50:02

again. it's cool. all fun and games.