Shore Point Lotto/Imperial Lotto Scam

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53931

zr2152

13-02-2007 10:59:13

Anyone else get any of these?

I did my research and it is definately a scam. What they do is send you a letter telling you that you won $120,000.00 along with a check for about $3000.00 saying that you have to wire them money to cover shipping and handling and taxes and other fees. I was real excited at first cause I called and they sounded legit but it was too good to be true.

Then basically you are out $3000.00.

This is the second letter and check that I recieved in the past week. The first one that I got I quickly deposited into my bank account and then got suspicios and googled it and sure enough it was a scam so I got the check back and contacted my local FBI and they told me to just throw the check away and that they were investigating it.

Here is a link to the BBB regarding the case. Im sure that alot of you have/ will get one cause we do put our information on the internet a lot here.

http//www.bbb.org/alerts/article.asp?ID=743

Just a heads up for you all.

Oh and dont try to cash the check cause it wont go through cause it is a fake.

Fuck Scammerrrsssss

tylerc

13-02-2007 11:13:54

Uh..yeah.

This is old.

hehehhehe

13-02-2007 11:23:04

Wait, that $120k check I got in the mail isn't REAL??!?!?!

jadem

13-02-2007 11:24:41

It's nice that you posted this. Ignore the smart asses.

Obviously, these scams can seem legit. You have taken a risk of ridicule to warn others who might fall for it. It takes courage to do that and I applaud you.

Now, remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. D

zr2152

13-02-2007 12:00:58

yeah why are you all being asses..

thanks jadem..yeah i just thought that some ppl should know about it cause I jsut got it and whether it is old or not, I just got one so maye some other ppl are going to recieve some in the future. Just thought id give you a heads up.

thanks....

bballp6699

13-02-2007 12:06:58

I got one too. I knew it was fake, but I was excited that I was included in the fun.

JJPRO11

13-02-2007 12:15:23

how do these people think they will get away with it? has any company (scammers) ever been successful and get by uncaught? i dont know how they think they can get by the fbi doing this stuff.

hehehhehe

13-02-2007 12:25:54

I assumed these guys are from abroad, so FBI can't go after them.

zr2152, I'm not really trying to be an ass to you. Just pointing out that in this case, if some entity offers you an enormous amount of money for a lottery that you haven't knowingly participated in and asks for a couple of grand, it is a scam for sure.

stueybaby17

13-02-2007 12:34:11

[quoteb1d332239f="bballp6699"]I got one too. I knew it was fake, but I was excited that I was included in the fun.[/quoteb1d332239f]

Hahahaha

I havn't gotten one of these but I have gotten similar ones. I figure that if somebody tells me that I just won 1mil or something it must be a scam.

I have also gotten a check for $8000 in the mail from somebody wanting to buy my car. That one was a fun one. I wasn't quite sure if it was real or not. I was smart enough to wait for the check to bounce before shipping my car to Nigeria LOL

zr2152

13-02-2007 12:57:06

[quoteaad62c97e2="hehehhehe"]I assumed these guys are from abroad, so FBI can't go after them.

zr2152, I'm not really trying to be an ass to you. Just pointing out that in this case, if some entity offers you an enormous amount of money for a lottery that you haven't knowingly participated in and asks for a couple of grand, it is a scam for sure.[/quoteaad62c97e2]

Yeah i know, tylerc didnt help it too much though.

But yeah the FBI cant really go after them. All that I have is a phone number and im not even sure if that would work. The way that they get ppl is from the ppl who take the money out of their account before the check is declared a fake. Thats when ppl get screwed.

unknown uchiha

13-02-2007 14:16:53

Nigerian Scam?

theysayjump

13-02-2007 14:21:41

You said you called them right? Did you speak to a live person or was it all automated?

zr2152

13-02-2007 15:10:38

[quote0e241ee60f="theysayjump"]You said you called them right? Did you speak to a live person or was it all automated?[/quote0e241ee60f]

it was definately a live person. The only thing was that I could tell that they didnt speak very good english so i assumed that they were from canada and the stamp was from Canada.

When I got the second one today, I called the name of the company on the check that the check was from (their sponsor i guess). I called and spoke with a foreign person and I was telling them that i was warning them of this scam and telling them that they might have had some checks/identity stolen.

They then continued to tell me to call the number that I recieved in the letter cause I won and since I knew that it was a scam I asked to speak with a head supervisor and then I was put on hold with no background noise and was on hold for sooo long that I hung up. But yess I have spoken with them. I would love to take these pricks down..

edit oh and yes I did call the number in the letter and it sounded like the same person. Another thing that is cool is that the check said that they were located in the NJ but the cool thing about my new phone is that it shows you what area you are calling (cause i guess it picks up the area code) and it showed British Columbia.