Is it just me or.....?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53803

trippmarxx

11-02-2007 20:00:59

....does it seem increasingly more competitive to get referrals?

I know there's a flux of newbs (Guess I could be considered a "newb" since I joined a month ago, but my TR says different), but it seems it's harder than hell to get ref's! Seems many newbs come and go super fast. Some sign up to sites and then you never hear from them again.....

I'll constantly PM people who seem interested, but never hear a word. Also, people will post topics like "Newbie Here - Looking to go green", and before you know it, the thread has 23 replies in 10 minutes....

Maybe the flux of newbs has tapered off, and that's why it's harder to find people....Hell, I have no clue....I just noticed sites that used to take me 2 days are taking almost 2 weeks!

Sorry, that's just what I've noticed lately...;)

condra

11-02-2007 20:03:58

i know i have the exact same feeling

i think some of the ''noobs'' that were sort of the baby boom of the forum (like you and maybe me) have reached the level where they need greens faster than ever, so there's more ppl that need refs...

even if the flux continues, it shall be harder...and if it diminishes..oh well

trippmarxx

11-02-2007 20:09:32

[quote6de9d2d353="condra"]i know i have the exact same feeling

i think some of the ''noobs'' that were sort of the baby boom of the forum (like you and maybe me) have reached the level where they need greens faster than ever, so there's more ppl that need refs...

even if the flux continues, it shall be harder...and if it diminishes..oh well[/quote6de9d2d353]

Ya know, it seems as if you have to be on at the right time now, scoping out these forums like a hawk. I do agree with you, however, that if more and more come, it will continue to get harder and harder....

Oh well....I've been trying to finish up some sites, as I will be launching my own freebie site here in the next two weeks....;)

Lookout for Ultimate Freebies....D Coming soon to a trading forum near you!

Wolfeman

11-02-2007 20:16:49

Yeah you guys shouldn't complain. Its the best its been in years...

bullseye4u

11-02-2007 20:18:22

you baby boomers ) it seemed like it happened yesterday to me and now you are grown up '( make me proud!

findme

11-02-2007 20:20:14

[quotef85973eb48="trippmarxx"]
I'll constantly PM people who seem interested, but never hear a word. Also, people will post topics like "Newbie Here - Looking to go green", and before you know it, the thread has 23 replies in 10 minutes....
[/quotef85973eb48]

haha, reminds me of the time i sent like 50 pms to noobs and got 2 responding.

and on average we see about 2-5 freebie sites made in each month. give this business a few years and it will be...

johnjimjones

11-02-2007 20:26:53

[quote949f76e4f5="Wolfeman"]Yeah you guys shouldn't complain. Its the best its been in years...[/quote949f76e4f5]

QFT

I haven't had this easy of a time completing sites since I started doing freesites.

zr2152

11-02-2007 20:46:31

yeah but before all the newbs came in people were paying like 25- 30 for trainn and ygf sites.

Since you all came the price for referrals went down because people were willing to do sites for $20 (simple business practices)

bballp6699

11-02-2007 20:48:33

When I was your age referrals only costed a nickel.

findme

11-02-2007 20:51:11

[quoted1dc015af1="bballp6699"]When I was your age referrals only costed a nickel.[/quoted1dc015af1]

LOL very very funny!!

trippmarxx

11-02-2007 21:46:50

[quote3fc5922e0c="findme"][quote3fc5922e0c="trippmarxx"]
[/quote3fc5922e0c]

haha, reminds me of the time i sent like 50 pms to noobs and got 2 responding.

and on average we see about 2-5 freebie sites made in each month. give this business a few years and it will be...[/quote3fc5922e0c]

Yea, I assume and see that many freebie sites pop up all over the place, but I'll be proud to say that I'm won't be your average "fly-by-night" freebie site. (Hey, that rhymed, didn't it? ;)). I took all the necessary steps to form a corporation (which I have other ventures under) and plan to dedicate myself to this site. Going to start small with one site, then expand as demand increases.

But hey, I can't complain. Guess when I launch this site, it will be a new site for the "old-timers" to do, and a new one to get out there in the newbs faces....

Some of these sites I've seen recently have been such a joke (not any on here, but I've seen some HORRIBLY designed sites)....

condra

11-02-2007 21:48:44

[quote6ff84dbf9c="trippmarxx"]
Yea, I assume and see that many freebie sites pop up all over the place, but I'll be proud to say that I'm won't be your average "fly-by-night" freebie site. (Hey, that rhymed, didn't it? ;)). I took all the necessary steps to form a corporation (which I have other ventures under) and plan to dedicate myself to this site. Going to start small with one site, then expand as demand increases.

But hey, I can't complain. Guess when I launch this site, it will be a new site for the "old-timers" to do, and a new one to get out there in the newbs faces....

Some of these sites I've seen recently have been such a joke (not any on here, but I've seen some HORRIBLY designed sites)....[/quote6ff84dbf9c]

D well then i guess we're looking foward to your site