Browser Check - Safari Users?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53550

bgrubb7

09-02-2007 05:50:55

Checking to see what Browsers everyone is using. I know all the guides say to use IE only if you want to get credit, but I don't see the problem with Safari.

Out of around 10 offers completed with Safari, the only one that I didn't get credit for was Pricestore, and that was because I forgot to clear cookies, right after I just completed Bargain Homes.

Just wanted to see what other's experience was with Safari, or other browsers on the Mac. Anyone going green with Unix? Trying to decide if the IE on WIN requirement is just a myth or not.

theysayjump

09-02-2007 07:02:29

Not necessarily a myth, I think it's just carried over from the olden days of sites/scripts where it was necessary to use IE.

I still use it only for offers, but I've heard from numerous amounts of people who use Firefox without any problems at all.

doylnea

09-02-2007 07:05:34

[quoteeca8a30ca7="theysayjump"]Not necessarily a myth, I think it's just carried over from the olden days of sites/scripts where it was necessary to use IE.

I still use it only for offers, but I've heard from numerous amounts of people who use Firefox without any problems at all.[/quoteeca8a30ca7]

I can't remember the last time I used IE for an offer, and I can't remember the last time I had to request manual credit. I use FireFox exclusively now.

bballp6699

09-02-2007 07:08:01

I've only used IE for an offer when I do an DIY site, simply because I'm paranoid...

Other than that I've never had a problem with crediting using FireFox...

h3x

09-02-2007 15:00:47

I have no trouble using FF for TRAINN sites, everything else I use IE as a precaution.

Admin

09-02-2007 15:25:50

FF is actually less strict on third party cookies than IE