OLD PEOPLE straight up SUCK NUTS at DRIVING

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53361

amir89630

05-02-2007 18:06:26

Something seriously needs to be done about all these old people getting behind the wheel. I'm tired of seeing old people driving on the wrong side of the road, and going 20 on the highway. I understand that some old folks get the job done right, but the same goes for drunk drivers, because its only a few drivers who can't handle the wheel after a few drinks.

I propose like somebody start something like MADD, except like MAOD (mothers against old drivers).

Dmorris, im not talking about you, you're not even like 40 yet.

Share your stories.

freaky1718

05-02-2007 18:07:45

lmao that is true tho

theysayjump

05-02-2007 18:11:23

[quoteb15f63c3a2="amir89630"]Something seriously needs to be done about all these old people getting behind the wheel. I'm tired of seeing old people driving on the wrong side of the road, and going 20 on the highway. I understand that some old folks get the job done right, but the same goes for drunk drivers, because its only a few drivers who can't handle the wheel after a few drinks.

I propose like somebody start something like MADD, except like MAOD (mothers against old drivers).

Share your stories.[/quoteb15f63c3a2]

Are you really advocating drink driving as long as you can "handle the wheel"? roll

CollidgeGraduit

05-02-2007 18:12:02

[quote3fd3d2ba26="theysayjump"][quote3fd3d2ba26="amir89630"]Something seriously needs to be done about all these old people getting behind the wheel. I'm tired of seeing old people driving on the wrong side of the road, and going 20 on the highway. I understand that some old folks get the job done right, but the same goes for drunk drivers, because its only a few drivers who can't handle the wheel after a few drinks.

Share your stories.[/quote3fd3d2ba26]

Are you really advocating drink driving as long as you can "handle the wheel"? roll[/quote3fd3d2ba26]

How dare you question an internet badass

amir89630

05-02-2007 18:14:21

No, im just saying that Old people driving is just as big of a problem, if not bigger than drinking and driving. At least from what I've observed. Well, lemme put it this way, from my observations, Old people tend to get in more wrecks, while drunk drivers seem to have more fatal wrecks.

But still, there are some people who can handle a few drinks behind the wheel. E.G. my cousin Ali, semi-pro racquetball player, he can drink like a tank, sit behind the wheel, and his driving reflexes would top those of any little Asian ricer punk. Im just saying, there are certain people who I would rather get a ride from with them being hammered drunk, than to get a ride with Grandma Moses behind the wheel.

Dave82

05-02-2007 18:17:16

yea.... they should have to re-test after a certain age.

Jerry Seinfeld makes a joke about this, but i see my neighbor back out of his driveway NEVER LOOKING IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR! Just pulls out. I am wondering when i am gonna hear that SMASH sound one of these days.

Or some of them here go 35-40 on the freeway!! That is dangerous!! I know techincally 40 miles per hour is the minimum (at least in Ohio), but it is dangerous for everyone. They really go that slow!! Ohio people knowwhat i am talking about!

Daggoth

05-02-2007 18:24:09

You realize that driving on the wrong side of the road or driving 20mph on the highway will get you pulled over by a cop? As long as cops find Seniors driving skills decent, then you should leave them alone. Just because they don't go 10 over on residential roads, doesn't mean they are bad drivers.

ilanbg

05-02-2007 18:27:03

[quote1b0ea78acc="amir89630"]No, im just saying that Old people driving is just as big of a problem, if not bigger than drinking and driving. At least from what I've observed. Well, lemme put it this way, from my observations, Old people tend to get in more wrecks, while drunk drivers seem to have more fatal wrecks.[/quote1b0ea78acc]

First off, maybe instead of saying whatever comes to mind you can use some facts.

While drivers 65 and older account for the second highest age group to create the most amount of fatal accidents, the first group is teenagers—statistically, you're more dangerous than the old people you're bitching about, amir, so stfu.

6,719 people 65 years and older died in motor vehicle crashes in 2001. Compare this to the 17,419 drunk driving fatalities in 2002. And only eight-percent of fatally injured drivers 65 years and older had a BAC of 0.08 or greater, compared with over 30 percent among drivers younger than 65.

theysayjump

05-02-2007 18:29:41

[quote6519f2b3a2="amir89630"]No, im just saying that Old people driving is just as big of a problem, if not bigger than drinking and driving. At least from what I've observed. Well, lemme put it this way, from my observations, Old people tend to get in more wrecks, while drunk drivers seem to have more fatal wrecks.

But still, there are some people who can handle a few drinks behind the wheel. E.G. my cousin Ali, semi-pro racquetball player, he can drink like a tank, sit behind the wheel, and his driving reflexes would top those of any little Asian ricer punk. Im just saying, there are certain people who I would rather get a ride from with them being hammered drunk, than to get a ride with Grandma Moses behind the wheel.[/quote6519f2b3a2]

I sincerely hope you have no plans to raise a child in the near (65 years or so) future.

Just because your cousin Ali is a semi-pro racquetball player doesn't lessen his or your chances of being a car crash when he's intoxicated.

You also either contradicted yourself or made yourself out to be a hypocrite/idiot. You claim that old people have more wrecks, while drunk drivers have more fatal wrecks (which I doubt is correct anyway), yet you'd rather be in the same car as a drunk driver than an old person. idea

Daggoth

05-02-2007 18:32:13

[quote01f50afb5f="amir89630"]
Share your stories.[/quote01f50afb5f]

At least once a week I heard a drunk driver in [b01f50afb5f]your age group[/b01f50afb5f] cause a fatal accident, killing either himself, or the people in the other car.

zdub08

05-02-2007 18:32:30

I would rather have all pickup truck drivers off the road

edit instead of old people that is; fuck drunk drivers, of course I would rather have them gone than either group

Veek

05-02-2007 18:44:38

[quote06a9c462c9="CollidgeGraduit"][quote06a9c462c9="theysayjump"][quote06a9c462c9="amir89630"]Something seriously needs to be done about all these old people getting behind the wheel. I'm tired of seeing old people driving on the wrong side of the road, and going 20 on the highway. I understand that some old folks get the job done right, but the same goes for drunk drivers, because its only a few drivers who can't handle the wheel after a few drinks.

Share your stories.[/quote06a9c462c9]

Are you really advocating drink driving as long as you can "handle the wheel"? roll[/quote06a9c462c9]

How dare you question an internet badass[/quote06a9c462c9]

LMAO.

I don't agree with the thread starter. roll

amir89630

05-02-2007 18:51:38

[quote1e1a40fbe9="theysayjump"][quote1e1a40fbe9="amir89630"]No, im just saying that Old people driving is just as big of a problem, if not bigger than drinking and driving. At least from what I've observed. Well, lemme put it this way, from my observations, Old people tend to get in more wrecks, while drunk drivers seem to have more fatal wrecks.

But still, there are some people who can handle a few drinks behind the wheel. E.G. my cousin Ali, semi-pro racquetball player, he can drink like a tank, sit behind the wheel, and his driving reflexes would top those of any little Asian ricer punk. Im just saying, there are certain people who I would rather get a ride from with them being hammered drunk, than to get a ride with Grandma Moses behind the wheel.[/quote1e1a40fbe9]

I sincerely hope you have no plans to raise a child in the near (65 years or so) future.

Just because your cousin Ali is a semi-pro racquetball player doesn't lessen his or your chances of being a car crash when he's intoxicated.

You also either contradicted yourself or made yourself out to be a hypocrite/idiot. You claim that old people have more wrecks, while drunk drivers have more fatal wrecks (which I doubt is correct anyway), yet you'd rather be in the same car as a drunk driver than an old person. idea[/quote1e1a40fbe9]

NO,

not any drunk driver.

Im just saying there are[b1e1a40fbe9] certain[/b1e1a40fbe9] drunk drivers that I would feel more comfortable sitting in the car with, than [b1e1a40fbe9]certain[/b1e1a40fbe9] old people. Also, I never claimed what I said above was fact, I said that it was based on my own observations.

It's pretty damn hard to deny that there are some pretty bad old drivers out there, and that they are a threat to those around them; JUST LIKE DRUNK DRIVERS. I'm just saying that there needs to be more initiative taken on keeping them off the roads.

J4320

05-02-2007 18:59:46

Anyone who drives under the speed limit really pisses me off because half the way to wherever I need to go is on a frontage road. (

amir89630

05-02-2007 19:04:20

Has there been any kind of racial or ethnic profile for auto vehicular accidents?

theysayjump

05-02-2007 19:08:28

[quote45151769d3="amir89630"][quote45151769d3="theysayjump"][quote45151769d3="amir89630"]No, im just saying that Old people driving is just as big of a problem, if not bigger than drinking and driving. At least from what I've observed. Well, lemme put it this way, from my observations, Old people tend to get in more wrecks, while drunk drivers seem to have more fatal wrecks.

But still, there are some people who can handle a few drinks behind the wheel. E.G. my cousin Ali, semi-pro racquetball player, he can drink like a tank, sit behind the wheel, and his driving reflexes would top those of any little Asian ricer punk. Im just saying, there are certain people who I would rather get a ride from with them being hammered drunk, than to get a ride with Grandma Moses behind the wheel.[/quote45151769d3]

You also either contradicted yourself or made yourself out to be a hypocrite/idiot. You claim that old people have more wrecks, while drunk drivers have more fatal wrecks (which I doubt is correct anyway), yet you'd rather be in the same car as a drunk driver than an old person. idea[/quote45151769d3]

NO,

not any drunk driver.

Im just saying there are[b45151769d3] certain[/b45151769d3] drunk drivers that I would feel more comfortable sitting in the car with, than [b45151769d3]certain[/b45151769d3] old people. Also, I never claimed what I said above was fact, I said that it was based on my own observations.

It's pretty damn hard to deny that there are some pretty bad old drivers out there, and that they are a threat to those around them; JUST LIKE DRUNK DRIVERS. I'm just saying that there needs to be more initiative taken on keeping them off the roads.[/color45151769d3][/quote45151769d3]

Why no initiative to keep younger drivers off the road since they cause even more accidents than old people? Why are you singling out old people?

johnjimjones

05-02-2007 19:10:29

I think they should take younger people off the road. Kids are getting their license at 16 and permits at 15, in some states. That's just ridiculously young. I know it's a biased opinion being over 18, but that's where the driving should be, 17-18.

amir89630

05-02-2007 19:27:57

[quote3e17afae1b="theysayjump"][quote3e17afae1b="amir89630"][quote3e17afae1b="theysayjump"][quote3e17afae1b="amir89630"]No, im just saying that Old people driving is just as big of a problem, if not bigger than drinking and driving. At least from what I've observed. Well, lemme put it this way, from my observations, Old people tend to get in more wrecks, while drunk drivers seem to have more fatal wrecks.

But still, there are some people who can handle a few drinks behind the wheel. E.G. my cousin Ali, semi-pro racquetball player, he can drink like a tank, sit behind the wheel, and his driving reflexes would top those of any little Asian ricer punk. Im just saying, there are certain people who I would rather get a ride from with them being hammered drunk, than to get a ride with Grandma Moses behind the wheel.[/quote3e17afae1b]

You also either contradicted yourself or made yourself out to be a hypocrite/idiot. You claim that old people have more wrecks, while drunk drivers have more fatal wrecks (which I doubt is correct anyway), yet you'd rather be in the same car as a drunk driver than an old person. idea[/quote3e17afae1b]

NO,

not any drunk driver.

Im just saying there are[b3e17afae1b] certain[/b3e17afae1b] drunk drivers that I would feel more comfortable sitting in the car with, than [b3e17afae1b]certain[/b3e17afae1b] old people. Also, I never claimed what I said above was fact, I said that it was based on my own observations.

It's pretty damn hard to deny that there are some pretty bad old drivers out there, and that they are a threat to those around them; JUST LIKE DRUNK DRIVERS. I'm just saying that there needs to be more initiative taken on keeping them off the roads.[/color3e17afae1b][/quote3e17afae1b]

Why no initiative to keep younger drivers off the road since they cause even more accidents than old people? Why are you singling out old people?[/quote3e17afae1b]

Why you ask, because younger people have potential to become better, the have potential to learn from their mistakes, and develop experience. Old people on the other hand, their reaction times are declining day by day, and there is not much possibility that their driving skills will improve.

J4320

05-02-2007 19:30:35

[quote4895f8896a="johnjimjones"]I think they should take younger people off the road. Kids are getting their license at 16 and permits at 15, in some states. That's just ridiculously young. I know it's a biased opinion being over 18, but that's where the driving should be, 17-18.[/quote4895f8896a]

Yeah they should change it to 18 since I'm almost 18 now. P

tylerc

05-02-2007 19:30:38

[quote7960f76139="johnjimjones"]I think they should take younger people off the road. Kids are getting their license at 16 and permits at 15, in some states. That's just ridiculously young. I know it's a biased opinion being over 18, but that's where the driving should be, 17-18.[/quote7960f76139]

I wonder why the most accidents are when kids first get their license? Could it be because they are still learning? Increasing the driving age would only cause more accidents to be reported in the 18-20 year old range instead of the 16-18.

Dave82

05-02-2007 20:15:41

[quoted453210dec="amir89630"]No, im just saying that Old people driving is just as big of a problem, if not bigger than drinking and driving. At least from what I've observed. Well, lemme put it this way, from my observations, Old people tend to get in more wrecks, while drunk drivers seem to have more fatal wrecks.

But still, there are some people who can handle a few drinks behind the wheel. E.G. my cousin Ali, semi-pro racquetball player, he can drink like a tank, sit behind the wheel, and his driving reflexes would top those of any little Asian ricer punk. Im just saying, there are certain people who I would rather get a ride from with them being hammered drunk, than to get a ride with Grandma Moses behind the wheel.[/quoted453210dec]

Statistically young people cause more accidents i think.

i'm not even going to address the drinking thing because i cannot understand that in the first place. If you want to ruin your life, fine. But when it jeopardizes the lives of others, then you belong in hell.

I dont care if you cousin is a badmiton champion or whatever, he shouldnt be driving like that. A kid in my high school lost his mother to a drunk person coming home from a bar. There were six kids in the family, the youngest being a 4 year old. The bastard got off with 1 year in jail. But i am confident he will rot in hell, as he should.

johnjimjones

05-02-2007 21:03:49

[quote1042e4a40a="tylerc"][quote1042e4a40a="johnjimjones"]I think they should take younger people off the road. Kids are getting their license at 16 and permits at 15, in some states. That's just ridiculously young. I know it's a biased opinion being over 18, but that's where the driving should be, 17-18.[/quote1042e4a40a]

I wonder why the most accidents are when kids first get their license? Could it be because they are still learning? Increasing the driving age would only cause more accidents to be reported in the 18-20 year old range instead of the 16-18.[/quote1042e4a40a]

A more extensive permit program I think should be implemented. Getting their full-out license at 16 is way too young. Maybe, maybe getting their permit at 17 and require a parent in the car for 6 months, then no passengers for the rest of the 6 months before they turn 18. Then they can get their license. For me, I've seen the "don't carry any passengers" fail so many times with the permit. Parents and teenagers disregard it often and passengers are a huge distraction while driving for people just starting out.

tylerc

05-02-2007 21:37:51

Indiana has a 90-day no passenger rule when you first get your license, but most people don't really obey it. I did, but only because my parents threatened to take my car away if I didn't.

Dave82

05-02-2007 22:00:50

I use to think that 16 was too young too, but then i thought about work etc.
Ohio has a good rule. you can have your license at age 16, but no passengers (under 21) allowed and you are only allowed to drive to school or work. Which I think that is a really good law.

J4320

05-02-2007 22:06:30

[quote19f9032402="Dave82"]I use to think that 16 was too young too, but then i thought about work etc.
Ohio has a good rule. you can have your license at age 16, but no passengers (under 21) allowed [b19f9032402]and you are only allowed to drive to school or work.[/b19f9032402] Which I think that is a really good law.[/quote19f9032402]

That sounds like a fun one to try to enforce. |

zdub08

05-02-2007 22:59:16

[quote9948a72b61="Dave82"]I use to think that 16 was too young too, but then i thought about work etc.
Ohio has a good rule. you can have your license at age 16, [b9948a72b61]but no passengers (under 21) allowed[/b9948a72b61] and you are only allowed to drive to school or work. Which I think that is a really good law.[/quote9948a72b61]
I live in Ohio.. are you sure thats a law?

edit I heard theres going to be a law like this another that takes away your license till youre 17 if you have any moving violation when youre 16, but I dont think theres any rule on passengers currently.

Dave82

05-02-2007 23:06:22

[quote9fae2ed6a9="zdub08"][quote9fae2ed6a9="Dave82"]I use to think that 16 was too young too, but then i thought about work etc.
Ohio has a good rule. you can have your license at age 16, [b9fae2ed6a9]but no passengers (under 21) allowed[/b9fae2ed6a9] and you are only allowed to drive to school or work. Which I think that is a really good law.[/quote9fae2ed6a9]
I live in Ohio.. are you sure thats a law?

edit I heard theres going to be a law like this another that takes away your license till youre 17 if you have any moving violation when youre 16, but I dont think theres any rule on passengers currently.[/quote9fae2ed6a9]

i'm not 100%, but my friend was explaining me about it (his brother is in high school). gimme a min and i'll look it up.

edit nevermind, i realized this is because his little brother got a ticket last year.

for normal drivers under 18 in ohio it is different.

too bad (

JOSHBOX

05-02-2007 23:19:14

[quote16c524df5d="amir89630"]No, im just saying that Old people driving is just as big of a problem, if not bigger than drinking and driving. At least from what I've observed. Well, lemme put it this way, from my observations, Old people tend to get in more wrecks, while drunk drivers seem to have more fatal wrecks.

But still, there are some people who can handle a few drinks behind the wheel. E.G. my cousin Ali, semi-pro racquetball player, he can drink like a tank, sit behind the wheel, and his driving reflexes would top those of any little Asian ricer punk. Im just saying, there are certain people who I would rather get a ride from with them being hammered drunk, than to get a ride with Grandma Moses behind the wheel.[/quote16c524df5d]

wow... ignorant AND racist!

OldManWrigley

06-02-2007 01:19:25

[quotec7c9b4df1e="amir89630"] would top those of any [bc7c9b4df1e]little Asian ricer punk.[/bc7c9b4df1e][/quotec7c9b4df1e]

Fuck you. What is that supposed to mean? YOU racist now?

This thread is a joke, old people suck at driving but they drive better then 99% of drunk drivers. Shut up.

csurge

06-02-2007 02:08:15

[quote1b5f3b30db="CollidgeGraduit"][quote1b5f3b30db="theysayjump"][quote1b5f3b30db="amir89630"]Something seriously needs to be done about all these old people getting behind the wheel. I'm tired of seeing old people driving on the wrong side of the road, and going 20 on the highway. I understand that some old folks get the job done right, but the same goes for drunk drivers, because its only a few drivers who can't handle the wheel after a few drinks.

Share your stories.[/quote1b5f3b30db]

Are you really advocating drink driving as long as you can "handle the wheel"? roll[/quote1b5f3b30db]

[b1b5f3b30db]How dare you question an internet badass[/b1b5f3b30db][/quote1b5f3b30db]

http/" alt=""/img240.imageshack.us/img="240/7227/domesticthugof0.jpg[" alt=""/img1b5f3b30db]

[quote1b5f3b30db="OldManWrigley"][quote1b5f3b30db="amir89630"] would top those of any [b1b5f3b30db]little Asian ricer punk.[/b1b5f3b30db][/quote1b5f3b30db]

This thread is a joke, old people suck at driving but they drive better then 99% of drunk drivers. Shut up.[/quote1b5f3b30db]

Oh please roll Someone says [i1b5f3b30db]asian ricer[/i1b5f3b30db] and suddenly it becomes racist. People should stop taking everything to heart. I think the image amir was getting at was the Fast & the Furious look so relax. And by punk, I'm sure he meant a young asian guy that thinks he's all cool and what not, but whatever thats just me.

and I prefer old people to drunk drivers specifically because I was almost involved in an accident with a drunk driver before someone else took over.

amir89630

06-02-2007 04:10:03

[quoteeba348a567="OldManWrigley"][quoteeba348a567="amir89630"] would top those of any [beba348a567]little Asian ricer punk.[/beba348a567][/quoteeba348a567]

This thread is a joke, old people suck at driving but they drive better then 99% of drunk drivers. Shut up.[/quoteeba348a567]

wtf?

first of all, i have no idea how thats racist. ricers are a subculture of society, just like emos and jocks. I just used the word asain in front of it as an adjective (since a large amount of them are asian refer to Fast and Furious 3). Like if I said all those "white emo" kids, would you still be all over my ass.

So listen, STFU, i am not racist, and you are an ignorant jackass who jumps to conclusions.

Just so you know, there are different levels of being drunk (someone being HAMRD drunk is far more likely to wreck than someone who is just at the legal limit). This is known as BAC, the legal limit is around .08 (DUI) in most places. Studies have shown that talking on your cell phone while driving will impair your driving skills to around the levels of someone with a .08. So if you think that 99% of old people have better driving skills than you when you are on your cell phone, then you may... well wanna rethink that. source

http//www.forbes.com/forbeslife/health/feeds/hscout/2006/06/29/hscout533489.html

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_phones_and_driving

But listen, I'm not advocating drinking and driving. I'm very much against it. My cousin lost two of his very close friends because of it. But i'm just saying that old people are a problem too; and unlike younger drivers, they have no potential for improvement.

OldManWrigley

06-02-2007 05:34:34

Trust me, if I read that any other day I wouldn't have said anything

Sorry

Excel

08-02-2007 07:34:30

I gotta say, I agree with the TC.

First, the reason there is more accidents in the 16-18 age group is because they are still gaining experience and learning how to drive! For example, they may tell you what to do when your car loses traction in the snow, but anyone whos ever had that experience knows that you sure as hell aren't thinking about that when it happens. Elderly people, on the other had, only get slower and slower in terms of reaction times as they get older.

2nd, I think a distinction needs to be made about drunk driving. Theres a difference between being black out drunk and trying to drive and being .09 and trying to drive. Everyone is all high and mighty about it, but I guarentee everyone who drinks at all will drive slightly under the influence atleast ONCE in their life time, so stop acting in such a 'higher then thou' attitude about it.

Anyways, I guess I'm sorta biased. My dad was stopped at a light once and an elderly person rear ended him once and he got pushed out into the middle and hit by another car.

Veek

08-02-2007 07:43:57

Never reading another thread created by this guy.

doylnea

08-02-2007 07:56:50

[quote7ac65e6f28="Veek"]Never reading another thread created by this guy.[/quote7ac65e6f28]

f-ing lol. if I could I would block reading all of some user's posts.

jadem

08-02-2007 12:41:04

Regarding elderly versus teenage drivers...statistics have shown that elderly drivers are more likely to be involved in an accident than teenage drivers.

http//www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2007Jan18/0,4675,RoadRisks,00.html

And it is shown that male drivers ARE worse than female.

doylnea

08-02-2007 12:44:33

[quote3ae8cd20ab="jadem"]Regarding elderly versus teenage drivers...statistics have shown that elderly drivers are more likely to be involved in an accident than teenage drivers.

http//www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2007Jan18/0,4675,RoadRisks,00.html

And it is shown that male drivers ARE worse than female.[/quote3ae8cd20ab]
I think you're misinterpreting...

The study you cite shows that elderly drivers are more likely to die as a result of accidents, but says specifically, [quote3ae8cd20ab]"It's an issue not of risk-taking behavior, but of fragility," McCartt said. The elderly are more likely to die when they are injured in an accident, she said, an explanation that Gerard and Fischbeck validate.[/quote3ae8cd20ab]

tylerc

08-02-2007 12:52:24

[quotea9373d7f02="doylnea"][quotea9373d7f02="Veek"]Never reading another thread created by this guy.[/quotea9373d7f02]

f-ing lol. if I could I would block reading all of some user's posts.[/quotea9373d7f02]

I think there is a plugin for FireFox called PHPBlock or something that allows this.

samz465

08-02-2007 13:49:59

[quoteaa64f1e44a="doylnea"][quoteaa64f1e44a="Veek"]Never reading another thread created by this guy.[/quoteaa64f1e44a]

f-ing lol. if I could I would block reading all of some user's posts.[/quoteaa64f1e44a]

lmaoo...
Ask david if he could do somthing about this.

Nanishi

09-02-2007 17:29:37

Some older people can handle driving just fine, one 85 year old i know drives perfectly fine, my grandmother on the other hand....Damn i wish they would take her license away from her, the only reason she passes the driving test is she knows all the answers!
She drives all over the road, at what ever speed she wants, and turns her head to talk to you while she's driving and the cops don't pull her over because they know she's a crabby old lady who is just going to yell at them.
Heh, and she thought i was going to let her borrow my new truck, not in this life time!