understanding paypal and freebie sites: got a limitation? :(

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53252

findme

04-02-2007 19:55:18

for everyone who actually offers paypal they should read this and be aware of their acceptable use policy. I had a limitation on my account today and i still have no idea what i should do.

i have read the acceptable use policy and it basically says no one having a freebie site or " get rich quick scheme" can use paypal.

I do not know what i should do to battle this and other site owners might be caught also. if anyone know what i should do to fight this and get this limitation off of my account i would greatly appreciate it.

limitation

[quotecd72495270]
"Get Rich Quick" And Other Related Businesses
Get Rich Quick schemes include any type of self-employment, start-up businesses, or investment opportunity where the claims of profit or returns on investment are unrealistic or unsupported. By law, if a business opportunity costs $500.00 USD or more, the promoter is required to support any claims regarding earnings or profits with written documentation.

In determining whether a website or account violates our Multi-level Marketing, Pyramid and Matrix Programs Policy, PayPal will consider some or all of the following factors
[bcd72495270]
li Offering commissions to recruit new members
li Requiring new distributors to purchase costly inventory or "start-up kits"
li Members' profits are derived from recruiting new members or from the sales of newly-recruited members ("downline"), rather than their own sales
li Payouts are funded through money paid into the system by new or existing members
li Money paid into the system is significantly greater than money paid out
li Unrealistic or unsupported promises regarding profits/return on investment
li Percentage of the company’s goods sold by non-distributor
li Businesses warned against by the Better Business Bureau, state Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission (FTC), or any state or federal agency
li Flow of money derived from new members predominantly moves "upline"
[/bcd72495270]
li Preservation of the business rests on the exponential growth of new members or customers
li Speculative real estate or non-development property
[/quotecd72495270]

Gigante

04-02-2007 20:04:48

Your account was limited? This has happened before, but they were removed by PayPal. Search the forums.

findme

04-02-2007 21:08:41

yea, it was limited for being a freebie site. (

i am still searching other the forums but I am not pulling up anything.

any site owner or anyone had this problem with paypal labeling your business as a scam?

JKirk

04-02-2007 21:16:11

Did you put a lot of stuff in the notes section on the payments about your site? It happened to Kerms and he wrote a formal letter and got it resolved.

findme

04-02-2007 21:18:26

no, but in some notes i placed " here is the money"

what should i say to paypal?

kidd2108

04-02-2007 22:03:30

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45910&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=paypal+limited

only thing I could find. I would say to give them every detail of how your site works.

findme

04-02-2007 23:23:48

[quotec2c75b50da="JKirk"]Did you put a lot of stuff in the notes section on the payments about your site? It happened to Kerms and he wrote a formal letter and got it resolved.[/quotec2c75b50da]

who is kerms and where can i find his famous letter?

[quotec2c75b50da="kidd2108"]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45910&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=paypal+limited

only thing I could find. I would say to give them every detail of how your site works.[/quotec2c75b50da]

arg.. stupid paypal! Always giving problems. Customer support told me to "make another account and don't do this kind of business and this wont happen to you P"

theysayjump

04-02-2007 23:38:41

His letter is not viewable and there's no way he'd show it to you. If you can't describe in detail your business model then don't even waste your time.

No, I won't help you.

findme

04-02-2007 23:41:21

[quotefbf6a1fd86="theysayjump"]His letter is not viewable and there's no way he'd show it to you. If you can't describe in detail your business model then don't even waste your time.

No, I won't help you.[/quotefbf6a1fd86]

well i can say thanks for nothing ).

but i have already tried explaining what i do and it didn't work. ill keep nagging paypal everyday until they give up and let me do what i want to do. unless they will have to limit other sites P and they wont do that because we make paypal money )

support basically told me to make another account and move on P