Yard Vandalism

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=52617

tylerc

28-01-2007 13:07:51

Last weekend I had a few people over to just hang out, do whatever. Per my school's usual routine, a million people find out about it, and everyone starts showing up or calling me asking to come over. I kicked a lot of people out or just ignored calls, but sometime during the night, some asshole drove through my yard and did a few circles. Also, an hour or so later, someone (probably the same people) slashed 3 different cars' tires. 2 on one of my good friend's cars, 2 on my sister's friend's car, and 1 on my other friend's car.

Anyway, I really want to find out who it was, obviously. I took pictures of the tires of who people think it was, and I'm going to take pictures of the tire marks in my yard, but I have to wait for the snow to melt. The ground was frozen at the time, so I assume the tire prints are still in the grass. Is there anything else I can do to figure out who did this?

michae229

28-01-2007 15:08:20

if you know who did it go to their house and look at their tires.

DIABLO

28-01-2007 15:08:47

If they did donuts it would be all distorted...

Dave82

28-01-2007 15:16:06

Man that total sucks. People are fucktards.

I think maybe you could spread the word that you are trying to contact the person and resolve it without the police getting involved and filing a criminal charge, but if you cant find the person then you will have no choice but to get the police involved. This is obviously a lie, but hopefully the fucktard gets scared and thinks, "Oh, well i better come clean now rather than have the police knocking at my door."

Also kinda spread the word that people have given you names, but you are not sure which of the few names given is the one, and you are seriously not trying to get anyone in trouble with the police (again, obviously a lie). This way fucktard thinks you are on to him. He wont confess if he thinks you have no leads.

Seriously, that sucks. My parents would have killed me for having the party if something like that happened.

I think it is one thing to TP a house, but what that person did was messed up.

Just spread the word that basically you have leads and you dont want to "be a fucker and get the police involved over a prank" and hopefully he believes this and comes clean and you can have charges pressed.

Wolfeman

28-01-2007 15:23:54

You have no real shot of finding out unless they start bragging about it. File a police report and that way if you find out a month later who did it the cops are already involved. Taking pictures was a great idea.

tylerc

28-01-2007 19:24:29

My parents weren't mad at me, I told all these people no because I didn't want drunk idiots coming and trashing my house, so my mom said I did the right thing. My parents got the police involved that night though, filed a report and everything. One of the guys whose name has been getting thrown around and has a history of doing these sort of things has a dad who is actually a cop. I haven't gotten a chance to really look at the tire marks in the yard since the snow was starting to melt, but it started snowing again today.

Kidd

28-01-2007 19:27:18

well file a police report and later on if you get a feeling you know who did it they can match up the tire marks ala fast and furious.

Dave82

28-01-2007 19:43:53

[quote7c234b2260="tylerc"]My parents weren't mad at me, I told all these people no because I didn't want drunk idiots coming and trashing my house, so my mom said I did the right thing. My parents got the police involved that night though, filed a report and everything. One of the guys whose name has been getting thrown around and has a history of doing these sort of things has a dad who is actually a cop. I haven't gotten a chance to really look at the tire marks in the yard since the snow was starting to melt, but it started snowing again today.[/quote7c234b2260]

I wasnt implying to not file a report with the cops. I meant if you didnt have any leads try and trick the guy into thinking if he confesses he wont have to deal with the police.

Also try and make a list of people you remember kicking out.

Armstrong

28-01-2007 21:05:21

Karma is usually the only things that solves that stuff. Everyone wondered why kids at our school never threw parties. Its because one idiot ruins it for the rest.

Caution on the cops, if you report it they'll mark you as a house that throws parties

tylerc

29-01-2007 04:12:01

I know they will mark my house, but my house is on a private road and no one honestly knows where it is.

johnjimjones

29-01-2007 05:38:39

[quote4f514e84fe="tylerc"]I know they will mark my house, but my house is on a private road and no one honestly knows where it is.[/quote4f514e84fe]

They do now.

manOFice

29-01-2007 07:01:23

Find out who you said no to that got really mad at you over the phone or something. And then if you know where they live...their car will be dirty/muddy from tearing up your lawn

Edit And if you're in high school...which I think you are...then people talk and brag in school...i'm sure the info might pop up

good2speed

29-01-2007 09:01:48

[quote4fbe0bd305="tylerc"]Last weekend I had a few people over to just hang out, do whatever. Per my school's usual routine, a million people find out about it, and everyone starts showing up or calling me asking to come over. I kicked a lot of people out or just ignored calls, but sometime during the night, some asshole drove through my yard and did a few circles. Also, an hour or so later, someone (probably the same people) slashed 3 different cars' tires. 2 on one of my good friend's cars, 2 on my sister's friend's car, and 1 on my other friend's car.

Anyway, I really want to find out who it was, obviously. I took pictures of the tires of who people think it was, and I'm going to take pictures of the tire marks in my yard, but I have to wait for the snow to melt. The ground was frozen at the time, so I assume the tire prints are still in the grass. Is there anything else I can do to figure out who did this?[/quote4fbe0bd305]

not to be a dick but its your fault that so many people found out about the party. Obviously the people you invited decided to tell everyone else so it may have to do with the actual people that you do invite. Plus how did you not realize they were ripping your lawn apart. Where you drunk? Don't you have any older friends or hs football player firends that can come enforce the party?

doylnea

29-01-2007 09:33:36

[quotedb4f420774="good2speed"][quotedb4f420774="tylerc"]Last weekend I had a few people over to just hang out, do whatever. Per my school's usual routine, a million people find out about it, and everyone starts showing up or calling me asking to come over. I kicked a lot of people out or just ignored calls, but sometime during the night, some asshole drove through my yard and did a few circles. Also, an hour or so later, someone (probably the same people) slashed 3 different cars' tires. 2 on one of my good friend's cars, 2 on my sister's friend's car, and 1 on my other friend's car.

Anyway, I really want to find out who it was, obviously. I took pictures of the tires of who people think it was, and I'm going to take pictures of the tire marks in my yard, but I have to wait for the snow to melt. The ground was frozen at the time, so I assume the tire prints are still in the grass. Is there anything else I can do to figure out who did this?[/quotedb4f420774]

not to be a dick but its your fault that so many people found out about the party. Obviously the people you invited decided to tell everyone else so it may have to do with the actual people that you do invite. Plus how did you not realize they were ripping your lawn apart. Where you drunk? Don't you have any older friends or hs football player firends that can come enforce the party?[/quotedb4f420774]

So it's his fault that the people he invited told other people?

he invites people =! those people invite other people

don't get me wrong, shitheads showing up at your party sucks, but making it out to be TylerC's fault is jumping to conclusions.

good2speed

29-01-2007 09:55:54

[quotedc163c5b8a="doylnea"][quotedc163c5b8a="good2speed"][quotedc163c5b8a="tylerc"]Last weekend I had a few people over to just hang out, do whatever. Per my school's usual routine, a million people find out about it, and everyone starts showing up or calling me asking to come over. I kicked a lot of people out or just ignored calls, but sometime during the night, some asshole drove through my yard and did a few circles. Also, an hour or so later, someone (probably the same people) slashed 3 different cars' tires. 2 on one of my good friend's cars, 2 on my sister's friend's car, and 1 on my other friend's car.

Anyway, I really want to find out who it was, obviously. I took pictures of the tires of who people think it was, and I'm going to take pictures of the tire marks in my yard, but I have to wait for the snow to melt. The ground was frozen at the time, so I assume the tire prints are still in the grass. Is there anything else I can do to figure out who did this?[/quotedc163c5b8a]

not to be a dick but its your fault that so many people found out about the party. Obviously the people you invited decided to tell everyone else so it may have to do with the actual people that you do invite. Plus how did you not realize they were ripping your lawn apart. Where you drunk? Don't you have any older friends or hs football player firends that can come enforce the party?[/quotedc163c5b8a]

So it's his fault that the people he invited told other people?

he invites people =! those people invite other people

don't get me wrong, shitheads showing up at your party sucks, but making it out to be TylerC's fault is jumping to conclusions.[/quotedc163c5b8a]

well i realize hes young and may not make the most sound judgements out there but he has to have an idea of who the rat is. Who went around telling everyone about the party needs to be dealt with and not be invited to any other parties.

Anyways HS parties at your house are bad ideas. Best case scenario you have a good time and get to hook up with that HS chic that you've been after. Worst case scenario the party sucks, your house gets trashes/smells and youre left with the cleanup job. I love how all your friends say they will clean up the next morning but always vanish somehow. I learned my lessons and always go to parties at someone elses place because I hate cleaning. Even now me being much older I dont have more then 3-4 people over at a time.

tylerc

29-01-2007 11:26:49

Yes I was drunk, but not plastered. I have plenty of friends that are on the football team, and some were there. I found out because one of my friends came late and told me my yard was all torn up (he saw it pulling up), then one of the kids who got their tires slashed went out to his car to grab something and saw his tire was flat.

I didn't know because I live on 8 acres, the front yard where they drove through is probably 200 feet away from the house, and I was down in the basement with music on.

Powerbook

29-01-2007 11:41:22

Sorry to hear that Tyler. Don't worry karma goes around. High School kids are often shit heads like that. I see these things happen in my school all the time. I can't wait till I will graduate. I had enough of these immature assholes. When I will be making the big bucks, they will wish they did things differently. wink

bruman

29-01-2007 12:02:51

Someone at the party (maybe one of your friends) had to of seen them do it. Ask them what type of car/truck/vehicle it was.

tylerc

29-01-2007 12:05:19

All of my friends were downstairs with me. I have heard just a couple names being tossed around, so it's got to be one of them, right?

bruman

29-01-2007 12:07:43

heh, depends on the basis of how they got the names. If they are just calling out names from what people have done in their past then theres a chance it's not.

tylerc

29-01-2007 12:16:02

Both names being thrown around are people I either kicked out, or told it was off because I didn't want a million people over.

It wasn't meant for people to find out, one of my good friends told another girl and she said that one kid who kept asking me about it must have overheard her. That kid has a big mouth too, so it wouldn't surprise me, but my friend knows not to tell people and has never done anything like that before.

TryinToGetPaid

29-01-2007 12:23:20

Yeah my girlfriend had a party on New Years, we told around 10 people, around 150 showed up. Some guys ended up jumping me for walking past them, though it was 8 on 1 all I got was a black eye from the initial punch and then someone stole her little brother's dirt bike.