Does anyone here have a pilot license?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=52348

UniPrize Media

25-01-2007 08:04:03

I always been fascinated with flying and I am thinking of getting a license for small aircrafts. Has anyone here been through the process?

freaky1718

25-01-2007 09:27:21

take a whole bunch of classes i think its like 17k so i said forget it

WhyPayItsFree

25-01-2007 10:20:21

[quotee2d9fb9127="UniPrize Media"]I always been fascinated with flying and I am thinking of getting a license for small aircrafts. Has anyone here been through the process?[/quotee2d9fb9127]

PPL or CPL ?

UniPrize Media

25-01-2007 10:40:24

[quote642d6908e2="WhyPayItsFree"][quote642d6908e2="UniPrize Media"]I always been fascinated with flying and I am thinking of getting a license for small aircrafts. Has anyone here been through the process?[/quote642d6908e2]

PPL or CPL ?[/quote642d6908e2]

PPL. I am considering doing it as a hobby. I would love to do piloting for a career but it is too saturated and not a lot of jobs available. I am about to graduate with a degree that will hopefully get me into med school.

ajasax

25-01-2007 13:36:42

I've always wanted to fly as a hobby. I even took a ground school class in High School (it was at a "special" school). One of my classmates was already taking flying lessons. There's even a training facility at a small airport nearby. In the end, it comes down to money. I've decided to wait until after college and I become more financially stable.

phriq

25-01-2007 13:49:20

how come everything associated with flying is so fricken expensive...i mean even flight sim x costs 70 dollars and requires such a super pc to run at full that you might as well spend the money to get a real pilot lisence.....which i think would be extremely aweosme. Is it 17k for the classes and training alone? how much are planes? or do you rent?

turpentinedreams

25-01-2007 14:10:10

[quote15db7c36a2="phriq"]how come everything associated with flying is so fricken expensive...i mean even flight sim x costs 70 dollars and requires such a super pc to run at full that you might as well spend the money to get a real pilot lisence.....which i think would be extremely aweosme. Is it 17k for the classes and training alone? how much are planes? or do you rent?[/quote15db7c36a2]some people rent planes
but a good kitplane will start at 30k and go up. You can get used planes around 50k and up (for anything i would ever consider flying)

donnaandmike

25-01-2007 15:01:17

Yes, I have been through the process and I am an certified flight instructor (CFI). Most people rent the plane. With plane rental you would be looking at paying around $4000 to get you private pilots license. Some take longer to learn and cost more while some take shorter to learn and costs less. if you only want to do it as a hobby and not fly at night and only carry up to one passenger, look into the new sports pilot license. It would be quite a bit cheaper. I haven't done one yet so I don't know the cost.

Mike

mkpeaches

25-01-2007 15:33:02

[quotecb4c763f0f="phriq"]how come everything associated with flying is so fricken expensive...i mean even flight sim x costs 70 dollars and requires such a super pc to run at full that you might as well spend the money to get a real pilot lisence.....which i think would be extremely aweosme. Is it 17k for the classes and training alone? how much are planes? or do you rent?[/quotecb4c763f0f]
well, there's flight gear wink

UniPrize Media

25-01-2007 19:39:49

[quote90dda69e7d="donnaandmike"]Yes, I have been through the process and I am an certified flight instructor (CFI). Most people rent the plane. With plane rental you would be looking at paying around $4000 to get you private pilots license. Some take longer to learn and cost more while some take shorter to learn and costs less. if you only want to do it as a hobby and not fly at night and only carry up to one passenger, look into the new sports pilot license. It would be quite a bit cheaper. I haven't done one yet so I don't know the cost.

Mike[/quote90dda69e7d]

Yes, most of the programs I seen online cost around $5000. I am looking into getting a real license where I can fly most planes including night, instrumental and others. Renting planes is the best way to go but owning one does sound good. Thanks Mike for the response.

doylnea

25-01-2007 21:27:28

[quoteb1de235b9a="UniPrize Media"][quoteb1de235b9a="donnaandmike"]Yes, I have been through the process and I am an certified flight instructor (CFI). Most people rent the plane. With plane rental you would be looking at paying around $4000 to get you private pilots license. Some take longer to learn and cost more while some take shorter to learn and costs less. if you only want to do it as a hobby and not fly at night and only carry up to one passenger, look into the new sports pilot license. It would be quite a bit cheaper. I haven't done one yet so I don't know the cost.

Mike[/quoteb1de235b9a]

Yes, most of the programs I seen online cost around $5000. I am looking into getting a real license where I can fly most planes including night, instrumental and others. Renting planes is the best way to go but owning one does sound good. Thanks Mike for the response.[/quoteb1de235b9a]

A friend owns a plane. If you've ever heard the joke about the best day of owning a boat, you can pretty much make the same joke about a plane.

"the best days you have when you own a boat is the day you buy it and the day you sell it, everything in between is just money"

rent a plane/