Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=51848

TFOAF

19-01-2007 16:06:04

If you do, can I speak with you please?

Thanks,
Craig

unknown uchiha

19-01-2007 17:23:21

Honestly I'd suggest going on the HowardForums or something for this, I believe they would have reps from every company on those boards. I'm almost 100% certain I've seen Verizon and Cingular (well, the new AT&T) reps post there so T-Mobile shouldn't be far behind. Hope that helps =]

EDIT

Found it for ya,

HowardForums T-Mobile reps board

http//howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=283

TFOAF

19-01-2007 17:32:12

Well, here's my problem in plain old english. (Sorry for the language)

Craig I have a phone
Craig right?
Craig it's over a year old
Craig so i can get a new upgrade
Craig my mom's not paying for a phone
Craig we never had to
Craig I want the Nokia 6133
Craig they said NO
Craig we can't get it
Craig yet the guy at the kiosk at the mall said we coul
Craig d
Craig my mom was on the phone with the manager
Craig @ t-mobile
Craig and he said
Craig NO
Craig FUCK THEM
Craig i wanted that fucking phone
Craig they're retarded
Craig i'm fucking pissed off
Craig my mom's never had to pay for a phone before
Craig my sister..
Craig when she got her phone in july
Craig she got the pink razr
Craig $300 phone
Craig FREE
Craig so why can't I get my phone
Craig that's less than $300
Craig free
Craig because my mom paid a $50 activation fee
Craig OH NO
Craig and my mom doesn't want me PAYING for a phone
Craig dude, my mom even threatened to leave t-mobile
Craig and the manager didn't seem to care
Craig if i was a manager
Craig i'd give that person any phone they wanted in a heartbeat
Craig they'd lose more money
Craig without the customer
Craig than giving the phone for free
Craig we have the fucking
Craig family plan
Craig my grandparents in texas are in it
Craig my mom
Craig my sister
Craig and me
Craig 700 min/month
Craig it's like $59.99/month
Craig and they can't give me a fucking phone I want for free?
Craig when we've had t-mobile for over 5 years..
Craig right now
Craig I have
Craig the Nokia 6101
Craig the phone they CAN give me for free
Craig is the 6103
Craig which is the fucking same phone I have
Craig with a different design
Craig and BLUETOOTH
Craig instead of INFRARED
Craig why would I want the same phone
Craig I wanted the Nokia 6133
Craig fucking retards I tell you
Craig fuckin tmobile dude
Craig they just ruined my day

mnx12

19-01-2007 17:34:11

you were talking to yourself on aim??

Powerbook

19-01-2007 17:38:08

[quote6696af6468="mnx12"]you were talking to yourself on aim??[/quote6696af6468]

lol that was funny. Why did you insert your name everywhere?

TFOAF

19-01-2007 17:38:17

No, I copied my convo (with someone else) and just put my name in front of it. lolz.

Dave82

19-01-2007 17:47:00

is that your transcript from a t-mobile help chat room?
because............. nm.

Here is my advice. I didnt read your whole things, but..... as shady as this is, if your mom threated to termanate your contract they might give you what you want, as long as what you want itsnt too outlandish.

I have cingular and one time the sales lady did not want to give us our new free phones (because we are still technically with AT&T). I was like, "Okay, I understand. I know you cant do anything about it. Okay, how do I go about closing my account? Can I do that now, or do I have to call our local CIngular store?" trying to sound as normal as I could. Suddenly I was on hold for two mins, then the new phones were being shipped and because we are "such loyal, valued customers" we got an additional 100 minutes per month NO CHARGE D

I was nice, and not an ass. Doesnt work all the time, but worth a shot. If they actually start walking you throught the process of closing your account with them, just hang up the phone.

edit i just read it and your mom tried that. hm. try calling a different representative.

doylnea

19-01-2007 17:48:40

did you post a thread earlier saying that phone is not a T-Mobile phone? If not, then your only option is to buy an unlocked phone and use your SIM in that new phone.

fwiw, the kiosk people are simply resellers who work on commission. Some of them will tell you anything so you'll sign up with them.

Dave82

19-01-2007 17:52:43

[quote0ca46d15cb="doylnea"]did you post a thread earlier saying that phone is not a T-Mobile phone? If not, then your only option is to buy an unlocked phone and use your SIM in that new phone.

fwiw, the kiosk people are simply resellers who work on commission. Some of them will tell you anything so you'll sign up with them.[/quote0ca46d15cb]

His mom didnt want him paying for a phone. I mean, they give you phones for free, so i can understand that from her perspective.

What about if you go to your local branch and offer to turn in the phone you have now. I doubt they allow anything like that, but I am just trying to think of anything.

If your phone is in good condition and not that old, then they might be able to sell it as refurb, maybe? i dont know.

or have your mom call and if the sales associate says no, ask to speak to their manager.

worst case, get a different free phone. Sucks, but if there is nothing else you can do, then...

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

19-01-2007 17:53:57

My mom was able to get rid of a $226 phone bill with Cingular by threatening to close the account in a mature respectable way, and got the same thing "because you are a loyal customer"

Dave82

19-01-2007 18:00:37

[quoteeb4af89bb7="csullivan1@rochester.rr.c"]My mom was able to get rid of a $226 phone bill with Cingular by threatening to close the account in a mature respectable way, and got the same thing "because you are a loyal customer"[/quoteeb4af89bb7]

Yeah, we are done with are two year thing, so we are month to month now. Therefore we can close our contract at anytime without a fee. It's kinda like we have the upper hand.

They dont even try to convince us to switch to cingular from att because we have racked up so many additional minutes that it would make NO sense for us to pay more money with cingular for less minutes.

sigh. I wonder how long we can ride the AT&T wave.

doylnea

19-01-2007 18:09:38

[quotefd2a4429bf="Dave82"][quotefd2a4429bf="doylnea"]did you post a thread earlier saying that phone is not a T-Mobile phone? If not, then your only option is to buy an unlocked phone and use your SIM in that new phone.

fwiw, the kiosk people are simply resellers who work on commission. Some of them will tell you anything so you'll sign up with them.[/quotefd2a4429bf]

His mom didnt want him paying for a phone. I mean, they give you phones for free, so i can understand that from her perspective.[/quotefd2a4429bf]
he wrote a thread earlier asking if he could use a non T-mobile phone with T-Mobile service. If this is indeed that same phone, T-Mobile has no reason at all to give it to him.

[quotefd2a4429bf="dave82"]If your phone is in good condition and not that old, then they might be able to sell it as refurb, maybe? i dont know.[/quotefd2a4429bf]
that's fraud. He could certainly sell it used after buying a new phone, and come out pretty close to even, which may appease his mother.

[quotefd2a4429bf="dave82"]or have your mom call and if the sales associate says no, ask to speak to their manager.

worst case, get a different free phone. Sucks, but if there is nothing else you can do, then...[/quotefd2a4429bf]
store managers can't do anything about problems like this. The only folks that can are corporate customer service representatives.

Dave82

19-01-2007 19:16:37

^^ i meant the manager of the person on the phone, not the store manager.

I dont know, he did write that he wanted the nokia 6133 and they said no, so i'm assuming he doesnt have the phone.

Anyway TFOAF, check with your store about turning in your old phone. I dont know about the fraud thing Doylea mentioned, but our Cingular branch accepted older phones and cut deals. They might not be selling them as refurb or used, but our store collected phones+chargers for this program where battered women get the phones to call 911. They gave a great deal to cingular/at&t customers for it. Our store hasnt done this in while though. But basically if you are talking to someone in your local branch you can find out your options.

The thing at the mall is probably if you renew your contract through them, then you get the 6133 for free. If your contract is up, you can renew through them and get that phone. But I like being month-to-month so I dont renew my contracts. AT&T still gives me free phones every year.

I can understand why the razr would be free, it is junk. You couldnt PAY me to take that phone. But basically they might have some deal or something, or maybe new razrs were coming out so they want to get rid of their old ones, which is why the razr was free for your mom. Even though the 6133 might cost less, they know people will pay for that phone. So they wont offer it for free now. That mall guy works on commission probably, so to him it would be worth it giving you that phone free in exchange for you renewing your contract through him.

Dave82

19-01-2007 19:21:29

oh yeah, my friend has tmobile and got a decent samsung phone. I;m not crazy about samsung, but his phone is okay. i think it;s a 619 or something. He got it for free as his free phone. Call up and ask what phones you CAN get for free. You might be willing to compromise.

Or get a new free that tmobile will give you, sell it on ebay "new in box" and buy and unlocked one. You might not have to pay that much.